Leonard Cure shooting more than justified. Leftists weeping for the lost opportunity.

I've never called a cop who showed up in time to be useful.

Again, the cop escalated the situation.

If cops did that in ever case, Anger Issues, we'd have a lot of problems.

So on one side, you have a man who spent 16 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, who was already pre-disposed to fear and hate law enforcement,

and on the other, a police officer who had a record of abusing people during traffic stops, and was even fired from another police department for excessive force.
Ok, so you are a Sherriff....And a motorist passes you at 100 MPH on a frequently traveled highway, weaving in and out of traffic. You give chase, and pull the person over....You're supposed to do what? Ask him about his past? (as if that makes any difference at all to the situation at hand)

Not only that, but when the person you pull over gets out of his vehicle, he's instantly combative, and non compliant. Then when he continues to be aggressively non compliant, gets tazed, and starts to fight back, and choke you, I guess you would say "Uncle" and let him go....

That's crazy.

The officer escalated a moving violation into a lethal use of force incident.

That's on him.

The man's family is going to get a lot of money out of this county.
COMPLETE BULLSHIT.....
THE OFFICER ESCALATED? In your defined criteria law enforcement would not exist. You wanna see escalation? You'll see it then.

I am familiar with that area, NO WAY the Sherriff is convicted of ANYTHING.
Look we've all dealt with asshole cops. They do exist. That however is an unfortunate "good with the bad" phenomenon that society has decided to tolerate. The system does have some mitigation built in. Cops do get fired. Cops get prosecuted.

Jo

Look we've all dealt with asshole cops. They do exist. That however is an unfortunate "good with the bad" phenomenon that society has decided to tolerate. The system does have some mitigation built in. Cops do get fired. Cops get prosecuted.

Jo
This area of Ga, is very strict. The people of this county elect their Sherriff‘s in mind…They have no tolerance for thugs.

Ok, so you are a Sherriff....And a motorist passes you at 100 MPH on a frequently traveled highway, weaving in and out of traffic. You give chase, and pull the person over....You're supposed to do what? Ask him about his past? (as if that makes any difference at all to the situation at hand)

Not only that, but when the person you pull over gets out of his vehicle, he's instantly combative, and non compliant. Then when he continues to be aggressively non compliant, gets tazed, and starts to fight back, and choke you, I guess you would say "Uncle" and let him go....

First, we don't know that's what he did. He might have been pulled over for a Driving While Black.

"Contempt of Cop" is not a capital offense.

This area of Ga, is very strict. The people of this county elect their Sherriff‘s in mind…They have no tolerance for thugs.

And when they pay out millions in a settlement, they can take comfort in that, I guess.

I am familiar with that area, NO WAY the Sherriff is convicted of ANYTHING.

You think they are going to leave this case in Cleetus' Court?

The problem is that cops tolerate the bad with the good, and all get tarred with the broad brush.

This guy never should have been hired, given his record.

First, we don't know that's what he did. He might have been pulled over for a Driving While Black.

"Contempt of Cop" is not a capital offense.
wrong he was pulled over for excessive speeding and reckless driving. It is in the story. Your attempt to change it to racial is noted as the dodge it is. The perp escalated what was a traffic stop to a life-threatening brawl with the cop, he got what he deserved.

And when they pay out millions in a settlement, they can take comfort in that, I guess.

1. Good luck with that. The thug once recovered will be lucky not to go back to prison for assault with intent of a officer.

2. Yes, that county is exactly where he’ll be tried.

The problem is that cops tolerate the bad with the good, and all get tarred with the broad brush.

This guy never should have been hired, given his record.
I'm going to agree with that last sentence...
Screening sometimes falls victim to need.
But you're right....it shouldn't.

Forum List

Back