Lesbian couple takes exception to service from jeweler

What I would like to know is why business was even done with the couple in the first place if this is what the people of the store stand for. To me, it sounds rather hypocritical of them to sell engagement/wedding rings to same sex couples if they are against such relationships.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If you had any understanding of the law in this country, you wouldn't have to ask that question.

One of the pitfalls of being in business and dealing with the public......it ain't just a ghey issue you have to deal with...........try the elderly...
I can't wait until a 19 year old sues me for age discrimination.

The whole thing just boggles my mind. I mean being a person who actually values freedom, if I go into a business and they don't want my business. I go fucking elsewhere. I'm sure not going to force someone to take my money.

Can you imagine the outrage if a straight married couple got pissed or sued a work out facility because same sex couples can shower together, but they can't?
Wow you all are getting desperate

It's a new world old dude

One of the pitfalls of being in business and dealing with the public......it ain't just a ghey issue you have to deal with...........try the elderly...

The whole thing just boggles my mind. I mean being a person who actually values freedom, if I go into a business and they don't want my business. I go fucking elsewhere. I'm sure not going to force someone to take my money.

Can you imagine the outrage if a straight married couple got pissed or sued a work out facility because same sex couples can shower together, but they can't?

With a bright future.

What I would like to know is why business was even done with the couple in the first place if this is what the people of the store stand for. To me, it sounds rather hypocritical of them to sell engagement/wedding rings to same sex couples if they are against such relationships.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If you had any understanding of the law in this country, you wouldn't have to ask that question.

With a bright future.

Gonna sue the gym?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yet my example was laughed at?

Irony is ironic.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

With a bright future.

Gonna sue the gym?
Why don't you? Let's see what happens.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

With a bright future.

Gonna sue the gym?
Why don't you? Let's see what happens.

Hmmmmmm

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Irony is ironic.
My response works equally for what you said.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Irony is ironic.

Guess equal access to facilities don't need to be actually equal.

Just kinda sorta equal

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Irony is ironic.

Just kinda sorta equal
Go file a lawsuit. Let's see how quickly it gets toss- I mean let's see what happens.

I see the new business signs going up now... Flaming Jewelry Sold Here! or... The Flaming Jeweler. How 'bout LGBTQ Wedding Rings Sold Here! Same Sex Rings Sold Here. Or the store specializes in straight or gay rings, set up on opposite sides of the store.

Jewelry store sign prompts same-sex couple to ask for refund - Newfoundland Labrador - CBC News

Same sex couple wants to commission wedding rings from jeweler who is openly against same-sex marriage.
Jeweler agrees to the commission takes a deposit, makes the rings
Couple later finds the jeweler is against same-sex marriage, gets upset, wants a refund

In other words..."How dare you do business with me if you oppose my marriage??!?"

These people (specifically and generally) can never be made happy - they have some apparent need to be a victim.

dupe thread.

Jewelry store sign prompts same-sex couple to ask for refund - Newfoundland Labrador - CBC News

Same sex couple wants to commission wedding rings from jeweler who is openly against same-sex marriage.
Jeweler agrees to the commission takes a deposit, makes the rings
Couple later finds the jeweler is against same-sex marriage, gets upset, wants a refund

In other words..."How dare you do business with me if you oppose my marriage??!?"

These people (specifically and generally) can never be made happy - they have some apparent need to be a victim.

dupe thread.
I didn't know you were put in charge of dupe threads, you must be proud.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Irony is ironic.

Just kinda sorta equal
Go file a lawsuit. Let's see how quickly it gets toss- I mean let's see what happens.

Thought so, equal access to gays ONLY.

Gotta laugh

Irony is ironic.

Just kinda sorta equal

Gotta laugh
Go. What are you sitting around for? File the lawsuit. Let's see if the constitution applies to that.

And hey you can probably start a GoFundMe and get millions from the clowns that think like you. What are you waiting for?! Go!

God bless you always!!!

Holly
They have the right to not do business with who ever they choose no matter what the response in return may be. Who cares if there would be a case against a person in his spot? If they are willing to go through such a thing, more power to them. Why should a customers rights over ride the rights of a worker?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Last edited:

God bless you always!!!

Holly
They had the right to not do business with who ever they choose no matter what the response in return would have been.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The jeweler or the couple?

Irony is ironic.

Just kinda sorta equal

Gotta laugh
Go. What are you sitting around for? File the lawsuit. Let's see if the constitution applies to that.

And hey you can probably start a GoFundMe and get millions from the clowns that think like you. What are you waiting for?! Go!

That's your entire argument?

So you're good with discrimination.

Got it

Just kinda sorta equal

Gotta laugh

That's your entire argument?

So you're good with discrimination.

Got it
:rolleyes:

God bless you always!!!

Holly
They had the right to not do business with who ever they choose no matter what the response in return would have been.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The jeweler or the couple?
The jeweler. Who cares if there would be a case against a person in his spot? If they are willing to go through such a thing, more power to them. Why should a customer's rights over ride the rights of a worker?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back