Let the States Decide- ALA Supreme Court Justice urges Defiance- Gay Marraige

It's not just the gays who actually get married, it's all the liberals who want a different system. They all will want the system to freeze once they get their way.
They do? Who does that? Name them?

Here are a few, Skylar, Syriusly, World Watcher and JakeStarkey

I need links and exact quotes of what you're talking about. Saying they want to "freeze the system" is a little vague.

LOL, you don't have a college degree, but you have the equivalent. Literacy is the most basic college skill, you aren't even reading at a high school graduate level.

Nope, no college degree. I was a little busy serving my country and enjoying it. Then I got a really good job serving my community when I retired.

You know, you could just say you were mistaken again and can't provide any proof instead of being insulting, but that's your MO.

If I don't insult you, I'm going to put you on ignore. I realize you have no long term memory, but I've told you numerous times I have two modes, serious and fun. To get in my serious mode, you have to read, process and lucidly respond to my posts. Something you have consistently proven incapable of doing.

As for the military, contrary to what a lot of liberals think they do have minimum standards. I believe literacy is one of them, which makes your claim to have spent 20 years in the up or out military dubious at best. You can't read a three line post and comprehend it.

I feel sorry for you, you are broken and will never ,now, and you will never ever ,now the pain within your children, I can see from your advocacy that you have created an environment in which your, "kids", can not express themselves without hurting you.

:lol: Thanks for sharing your opinion but our children are fine. We communicate very well with our children and they have no problem expressing themselves.

Our 13 year old daughter, after talking to one of her classmates on the phone, came out and thanked us for still loving each other and being married to each other. See, all but one of her best friends come from divorced homes. All of my son's friends have divorced parents and they tell my son all the time that they love coming to our house and love HIS parents. Truly, save your pity for those kids. They're already fucked up from the divorce and their still in their teens.

Are you the biological mother or is there no real mother in your, "family". No real mother would be a worst case scenario.

You're against all adoption? You want kids forever in orphanages? Jesus fucking Christ are you living in Dicken's London?

I gave birth to our children but we are both their parents...legally and emotionally.

Of course I am humoring you, there is no way you have, "kids", I think you are simply a troll, maybe a Eunuch, which reminds me, "In the World of the Seawytch the Eunuch raises the children".

I've given birth to five babies. Two are mine and my wife's and three were for a gay male couple. They used a donor egg and their sperm. I actually believe the twins had two different fathers. Whether you believe in their existence or not, they do exist and they are costing me a fortune. I've got to make a Costco and commissary trip just to feed them for the next week.

I forgot all about that, now I will simply laugh at you, that was a bit ago, right, "Gender-less Parenting".

In the land of the Seawytch, the Eunuch raises the child.

I'm still attributing your misunderstanding to the fact that English is not your native language. I never said gender-less parenting, I said the gender of parents has no bearing on child raising. Children need a nurturer and a structurer for the best outcomes. Which parent provides those does not matter but it is why two parent homes are the ideal.
A 13 year old in a house without a father will have much in common with 13 year olds who's parents get divorced, no difference there. I am not sure if you had a point in there, but the irony is you claim your daughter has something they do not when your daughter lives in a home without a father, you need not divorce to put your "daughter" in the same situation. It already exists for her.

Actually, there is a great deal of difference in a household of married parents who still love each other and divorced parents. Its one of the reasons we always seem to have kids over here and why our kids don't want to go to their friends houses...the chaos and disruption of two households.

My daughter has met her donor. She likes him okay, but thinks he talks too much. He's not her parent though, she has as much said so. My partner and I are her parents.

Great mother you are, of 5 babies you only kept 2, you got a long way baby before you can claim success as a parent. Like the rest of your life.

I was a gestational surrogate. That means that they were not my babies. They used a donor egg and the father's sperm. I was the oven that baked the cake, I had no involvement or ingredients in the batter. They weren't MY children.

But now I do pity the story you tell, the ignorance you display.

Good. I hope it takes up a lot of your time, this pitying of me.

You may or may not have children but it is clear you are not a mother. No mother I would wish for any child. You honestly are willing to deny not one, but three babies their mother and on top of that force them into the life to homosexual lovers?

I am sorry, but you have made a whole slew of mistakes, but of all your mistakes, the biggest mistake of your life will be to deny three babies their mother. They won't have a perfect life with you, but I see it as being less than perfect being torn from the "family" they are born into.

You will regret it if you give them away, that is guaranteed.

Broken families happen, its not the best situation but we are only human, its just a bit worst when people purposely create broken families.

A mother and father is best for any child. Anything less...................

Nope, two parents are best for a child...at least that's what ALL the studies show. Oh, and our kids are proof positive of that as well. They're fine.

Have you found someone to take your kids if you die or are they going to an orphanage?
I feel sorry for you, you are broken and will never ,now, and you will never ever ,now the pain within your children, I can see from your advocacy that you have created an environment in which your, "kids", can not express themselves without hurting you.

:lol: Thanks for sharing your opinion but our children are fine. We communicate very well with our children and they have no problem expressing themselves.

Our 13 year old daughter, after talking to one of her classmates on the phone, came out and thanked us for still loving each other and being married to each other. See, all but one of her best friends come from divorced homes. All of my son's friends have divorced parents and they tell my son all the time that they love coming to our house and love HIS parents. Truly, save your pity for those kids. They're already fucked up from the divorce and their still in their teens.

Are you the biological mother or is there no real mother in your, "family". No real mother would be a worst case scenario.

You're against all adoption? You want kids forever in orphanages? Jesus fucking Christ are you living in Dicken's London?

I gave birth to our children but we are both their parents...legally and emotionally.

Of course I am humoring you, there is no way you have, "kids", I think you are simply a troll, maybe a Eunuch, which reminds me, "In the World of the Seawytch the Eunuch raises the children".

I've given birth to five babies. Two are mine and my wife's and three were for a gay male couple. They used a donor egg and their sperm. I actually believe the twins had two different fathers. Whether you believe in their existence or not, they do exist and they are costing me a fortune. I've got to make a Costco and commissary trip just to feed them for the next week.

I forgot all about that, now I will simply laugh at you, that was a bit ago, right, "Gender-less Parenting".

In the land of the Seawytch, the Eunuch raises the child.

I'm still attributing your misunderstanding to the fact that English is not your native language. I never said gender-less parenting, I said the gender of parents has no bearing on child raising. Children need a nurturer and a structurer for the best outcomes. Which parent provides those does not matter but it is why two parent homes are the ideal.
A 13 year old in a house without a father will have much in common with 13 year olds who's parents get divorced, no difference there. I am not sure if you had a point in there, but the irony is you claim your daughter has something they do not when your daughter lives in a home without a father, you need not divorce to put your "daughter" in the same situation. It already exists for her.

Actually, there is a great deal of difference in a household of married parents who still love each other and divorced parents. Its one of the reasons we always seem to have kids over here and why our kids don't want to go to their friends houses...the chaos and disruption of two households.

My daughter has met her donor. She likes him okay, but thinks he talks too much. He's not her parent though, she has as much said so. My partner and I are her parents.

Great mother you are, of 5 babies you only kept 2, you got a long way baby before you can claim success as a parent. Like the rest of your life.

I was a gestational surrogate. That means that they were not my babies. They used a donor egg and the father's sperm. I was the oven that baked the cake, I had no involvement or ingredients in the batter. They weren't MY children.

But now I do pity the story you tell, the ignorance you display.

Good. I hope it takes up a lot of your time, this pitying of me.

You may or may not have children but it is clear you are not a mother. No mother I would wish for any child. You honestly are willing to deny not one, but three babies their mother and on top of that force them into the life to homosexual lovers?

I am sorry, but you have made a whole slew of mistakes, but of all your mistakes, the biggest mistake of your life will be to deny three babies their mother. They won't have a perfect life with you, but I see it as being less than perfect being torn from the "family" they are born into.

You will regret it if you give them away, that is guaranteed.

Broken families happen, its not the best situation but we are only human, its just a bit worst when people purposely create broken families.

A mother and father is best for any child. Anything less...................

Nope, two parents are best for a child...at least that's what ALL the studies show. Oh, and our kids are proof positive of that as well. They're fine.

Have you found someone to take your kids if you die or are they going to an orphanage?

You do not have to justify and explain your decision to me, I can see you are in denial. A lot of rationalizing going on there, you might convince 1 or 2 out of your five children that you made the right choices, but you will never convince all 5.

Further, it is not you who gets to decide if you succeed or fail as a parent, it is the child, grown into an adult, and with luck you won't out live your children.

Saddest part of what you describe is the suicide rate is highest in children that come from a home such as the one you created. You would be wise to take that as gospel and not dismiss it, that kind of information could possible wake you up before you make another gross error in your life.

I would hope you do not need a link for that, your children are in a high risk group for suicide, you must be so careful now that you put them in that situation.

I would hate to see you in denial when the stakes are so high.

Raising children is tough in the best of situations, yours may not be the worst but its got to be close.

You want the high taxes, you are a flaming hypocrite to turn around and evade them. Why just because you paired off should you not pay the taxes you advocate other people pay? Doing things like getting family insurance rates is one thing, but you don't pay the taxes you stick on other people. That is just flat out hypocrisy. I advocate low taxes, I don't think singles should pay higher taxes, but I don't think I should either.

She wants to be treated legally exactly the same as you and your wife are.

You oppose that.

That is what your argument boils down to.

Ding, ding, ding!!!! We have a winner!

Strawman. I want us treated equally also. I want everyone treated equally. You don't want that.

Your little tax issue is separate from the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage. Take away the tax breaks...gays will still want civil marriage and you'll still want to deny it.

Marriage Rights and Benefits
Learn some of the legal and practical ways that getting married changes your life.
  • Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.
  • Receiving Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses.
  • Receiving veterans' and military benefits for spouses, such as those for education, medical care, or special loans.
  • Receiving public assistance benefits.
  • Obtaining insurance benefits through a spouse's employer.
  • Taking family leave to care for your spouse during an illness.
  • Receiving wages, workers' compensation, and retirement plan benefits for a deceased spouse.
  • Taking bereavement leave if your spouse or one of your spouse's close relatives dies.
  • Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.
    • Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.
    • Suing a third person for wrongful death of your spouse and loss of consortium (loss of intimacy).
    • Suing a third person for offenses that interfere with the success of your marriage, such as alienation of affection and criminal conversation (these laws are available in only a few states).
    • Claiming the marital communications privilege, which means a court can't force you to disclose the contents of confidential communications between you and your spouse during your marriage.
    • Receiving crime victims' recovery benefits if your spouse is the victim of a crime.
    • Obtaining immigration and residency benefits for noncitizen spouse.
    • Visiting rights in jails and other places where visitors are restricted to immediate family.

"rights, privileges and benefits" you deny straights, bigot

'rights, priveleges and benefits" you and your wife enjoy, and you would deny same gender couples.

OK---

Lets lighten things up here for the dykes

Here's a booty call for you. Get your toys lubed up. lol

-Geaux
--------------------------

MObama.jpg

...Saddest part of what you describe is the suicide rate is highest in children that come from a home such as the one you created. You would be wise to take that as gospel and not dismiss it, that kind of information could possible wake you up before you make another gross error in your life....I would hope you do not need a link for that, your children are in a high risk group for suicide, you must be so careful now that you put them in that situation....I would hate to see you in denial when the stakes are so high...

There's no denying the Prince's Trust study, the largest of its kind of self-reporting young adults about the woes of not having their gender as a role model in their lives..depression and suicide was mentioned in that study so your comments are fair Elektra.

But remember, gays and lesbians are arguing that children thusly affected don't have a voice in this conversation; that they need to buck up and endure whatever the adults in their lives tell them to cope with. The simple fact is that people like Syriusly argue to suppress the voices of the most important people in marriage (children, who cannot vote) means that they aren't to be trusted around them, by definition...

She wants to be treated legally exactly the same as you and your wife are.

You oppose that.

That is what your argument boils down to.

Ding, ding, ding!!!! We have a winner!

Strawman. I want us treated equally also. I want everyone treated equally. You don't want that.

Your little tax issue is separate from the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage. Take away the tax breaks...gays will still want civil marriage and you'll still want to deny it.

Marriage Rights and Benefits
Learn some of the legal and practical ways that getting married changes your life.
  • Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.
  • Receiving Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses.
  • Receiving veterans' and military benefits for spouses, such as those for education, medical care, or special loans.
  • Receiving public assistance benefits.
  • Obtaining insurance benefits through a spouse's employer.
  • Taking family leave to care for your spouse during an illness.
  • Receiving wages, workers' compensation, and retirement plan benefits for a deceased spouse.
  • Taking bereavement leave if your spouse or one of your spouse's close relatives dies.
  • Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.
    • Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.
    • Suing a third person for wrongful death of your spouse and loss of consortium (loss of intimacy).
    • Suing a third person for offenses that interfere with the success of your marriage, such as alienation of affection and criminal conversation (these laws are available in only a few states).
    • Claiming the marital communications privilege, which means a court can't force you to disclose the contents of confidential communications between you and your spouse during your marriage.
    • Receiving crime victims' recovery benefits if your spouse is the victim of a crime.
    • Obtaining immigration and residency benefits for noncitizen spouse.
    • Visiting rights in jails and other places where visitors are restricted to immediate family.

"rights, privileges and benefits" you deny straights, bigot

'rights, priveleges and benefits" you and your wife enjoy, and you would deny same gender couples.

Actually, no, I Skippy, I keep saying that I would give gay couples the same privileges I would also give them to gay singles, and straight singles. I would extend them to everyone, I would deny no one. You are the bigot who wants to discriminate.

And you are a hypocrite, you advocate high taxes then use a loophole to evade them, a loophole you deny singles.

And Obama's campaign is the law?

You may want to read what you're replying to before posting irrelevancies like that. As the claim in question is that the law itself explicitly said it wasn't a tax.

I'm asking where in the law this is stated.

First of all, after the last post that's hilarious, you want me to "read what I'm replying to."

But as to your point, I know what you asked, you wanted an eight year old standard of defining the question narrowly to get the result you wanted. Obama stating what Obamacare is isn't an "irrelevancy." The hypocrisy of what you would say if a Republican tried your kiddie trick must make even your ass flame.
And again, your post has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

The claim is that the law itself explicitly said it was not a tax. Either address the claim, or your post is yet another red herring.

...Saddest part of what you describe is the suicide rate is highest in children that come from a home such as the one you created. You would be wise to take that as gospel and not dismiss it, that kind of information could possible wake you up before you make another gross error in your life....I would hope you do not need a link for that, your children are in a high risk group for suicide, you must be so careful now that you put them in that situation....I would hate to see you in denial when the stakes are so high...

There's no denying the Prince's Trust study, the largest of its kind of self-reporting young adults about the woes of not having their gender as a role model in their lives..depression and suicide was mentioned in that study so your comments are fair Elektra.

Save two major problem: The Prince Trust study doesn't measure a gender role model. But a GOOD gender role model. It doesn't say where that good role model comes from. Its could be parents. Uncles or Aunts. Grand parents. Friends. Coworkers. Clergy. Siblings. Mentors. You assume its parents. But the Prince Trust Study never says this.

You do. Citing yourself. Not the Prince Trust Study. Killing your argument once.

Second, the Prince Trust Study measures nothing about parenting. It doesn't measure who has single parents, who has two parents, who has same sex parents, who has hetero parents. It never even mentions same sex parents.

You do. Citing yourself. Not the Prince Trust Study. Killing your argument a second time.

Worse, there are at least a dozen studies that actually do measure the effects of same sex parenting on children. And the overwhelming consensus is that these children are just fine. Yet for no particular reason, you ignore any study with this conclusion, from any source, from any country, using any methodology, or any sampling size.

That's the cherry picking fallacy. And it destroys your argument a third time.

But remember, gays and lesbians are arguing that children thusly affected don't have a voice in this conversation; that they need to buck up and endure whatever the adults in their lives tell them to cope with. The simple fact is that people like Syriusly argue to suppress the voices of the most important people in marriage (children, who cannot vote) means that they aren't to be trusted around them, by definition...

Here's the next problem with your argument: gays and lesbians are having children anyway. So denying them marriage doesn't mean that their children suddenly have hetero sexed parents. It merely guarantees that these children will never have married parents.

Which helps no one.

Denying gays marriage doesn't mean their children will have different sex parents. Making gay marriage irrelevant to what you claim your goal is. Which is probably why the court has never recognized any of your arguments or anything remotely close to them as valid. And have in fact found that children are harmed by denying gay marriage:

"And it humiliates tens of thousands of children now being raised by same-sex couples. The law in question makes it even more difficult for the children to understand the integrity and closeness of their own family and its concord with other families in their community and in their daily lives.....

......DOMA also brings financial harm to children of same-sex couples. It raises the cost of health care for families by taxing health benefits provided by employers to their workers’ same-sex spouses. And it denies or reduces benefits allowed to families upon the loss of a spouse and parent, benefits that are an integral part of family security. "

Windsor v. US

Exactly opposite your claims. And astonishingly, you ignore the Supreme Court on this very issue as well. The court isn't going to ignore itself.

There's simply nothing you won't ignore to continue to cling to your failed beliefs. But why would we ignore what you do? Why would any rational person?

You've accused Seawitch of all sorts of heinous things based on the idea that she wants tax benefits for being married and supports higher taxes. Well, you support treating single folks the same as married people. If you're married, wouldn't that mandate that you pay the extra taxes that your married status saves you over your single countrymen?

If the standard is idiotic, then perhaps you shouldn't be using it.

Again you argue that a high tax advocating liberal evading taxes is not hypocrisy and a high tax hating libertarian as not paying more taxes than I have to as hypocrisy. You are an idiot, there is no way around that. Take your hand out of your pants and be serious.

Refusing to live as you demand the law should be most certainly is hypocrisy...at least as you define it.

Why then don't you pay the same taxes as single people? You insist that both of you should be subject to the same laws, that as a married couple, you should be receiving no benefits that singles aren't.

Yet you do. And you gladly partake of them. If even you are going to wipe your ass with your own standards, surely you can understand why they don't matter to us either.

:lol: Landover Baptist...

Anyway, here's a glimpse into the "gay lifestyle". Sure you can handle it?

Get up, make coffee. Surf net. Make kids lunch. Take shower. Wake kids. Drop kids at bus. Work. Pick kids up from practice. Go home. Kiss wife. Eat dinner loving prepared by wife. Help with homework. Watch TV. Go to bed. Repeat.

So dangerous. :lol:

I am quite surprised the state has not step in and removed your children. You make your children lunch!? You let them watch television!? I am sure DCF will come barging down your door any minute.

It's a totally gay lunch...sushi, kale, vegan peanut butter. Oh and they can only watch Ellen, The Fosters, Modern Family and American Idol.
lol.

What kind of monster serves their children vegan peanut butter!? This is proof positive that your children are suffering at the well-manicured hands of the gay agenda.

In all seriousness, don't listen to the haters. I am sure your children are kind and well-adjusted citizens but that won't stop those from trying to run down your family. I wish they spent just as much effort as focusing on their own families as they do with gay families.

Is there such a thing as vegan peanut butter? I was guessing at shit that sounded all granola crunchy. Choosy mothers choose Jiff.

They are indeed well adjusted citizens. I wish our son was doing better in math than he is, but our daughter gets straight As. They're both popular and active. There isn't a weekend we don't have somebody else's kids staying over here. The skate ramp and shooting range is a big draw apparently. ;)

All the best to you and yours. Cheers!

I think most peanut butter is already vegan. I am not sure. I could never give up dairy to become a vegan. Cheese is very important in my life. lol

I developed a milk allergy. And cheese is what I miss.......a sharp cheddar, aged at least a year. Or a smoked Gouda. Or a nice pungent Danish Blue.....

....I'm gonna need a cigarette if I keep this up.

I am quite surprised the state has not step in and removed your children. You make your children lunch!? You let them watch television!? I am sure DCF will come barging down your door any minute.

It's a totally gay lunch...sushi, kale, vegan peanut butter. Oh and they can only watch Ellen, The Fosters, Modern Family and American Idol.
lol.

What kind of monster serves their children vegan peanut butter!? This is proof positive that your children are suffering at the well-manicured hands of the gay agenda.

In all seriousness, don't listen to the haters. I am sure your children are kind and well-adjusted citizens but that won't stop those from trying to run down your family. I wish they spent just as much effort as focusing on their own families as they do with gay families.

Is there such a thing as vegan peanut butter? I was guessing at shit that sounded all granola crunchy. Choosy mothers choose Jiff.

They are indeed well adjusted citizens. I wish our son was doing better in math than he is, but our daughter gets straight As. They're both popular and active. There isn't a weekend we don't have somebody else's kids staying over here. The skate ramp and shooting range is a big draw apparently. ;)

I think most peanut butter is already vegan. I am not sure. I could never give up dairy to become a vegan. Cheese is very important in my life. lol

I developed a milk allergy. And cheese is what I miss.......a sharp cheddar, aged at least a year. Or a smoked Gouda. Or a nice pungent Danish Blue.....

How awful! I can't even imagine...

lol.

How awful! I can't even imagine...

Its horrific. Though on the plus side, the lack of butter and cheese really helps keep the pounds off.

Its so not worth it.

It would seem those hostile to the civil rights of gay Americans have abandoned their failed argument (and understandably so), to return to their failed argument hostile to the ACA.

What options do they have? Its not like their hostility toward gay rights has legs legally. Or logically. Or morally. Or ethically.

It would seem those hostile to the civil rights of gay Americans have abandoned their failed argument (and understandably so), to return to their failed argument hostile to the ACA.

What options do they have? Its not like their hostility toward gay rights has legs legally. Or logically. Or morally. Or ethically.
Nobody is hostile against people who want to have gay sex together. People advocating for children (who cannot vote) having access to both a mother and father in marriage for their best psychological welfare (Prince's Trust study; the largest of its kind) does not equal animus towards people being homosexual with each other.

Knock yourselves out. Just don't call it marriage. Bulimics feel complusion to vomit after they eat. Their condition is intractable. Yet we don't call what they do "normal eating" ..and model that to successive generations of kids just to make bulimics feel better..

Nobody is hostile against people who want to have gay sex together. People advocating for children (who cannot vote) having access to both a mother and father in marriage for their best psychological welfare (Prince's Trust study; the largest of its kind) does not equal animus towards people being homosexual with each other.

Knock yourselves out. Just don't call it marriage. Bulimics feel complusion to vomit after they eat. Their condition is intractable. Yet we don't call what they do "normal eating" ..and model that to successive generations of kids just to make bulimics feel better..

Your beloved and often cited Prince's Trust doesn't study or even mention gay parents. I have asked you on several occasions to show me exactly where the study mentions gay parents. It doesn't. And instead of owning up to the error you ignore and pretend that it does anyway. You can ignore the fact that your study doesn't mention/study gay parents but you cannot make the rest of us do the same.

Forum List

Back