🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let The Truth Be Told!!!

Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas; "We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population ... I love it. They are shitting in their pants with fear. I love it." :laugh2::bye1:

The same racist trolling over and over again. And after every 10,000th filthy racist comment, the vile racist tries to claim that he can't be racist. It's beyond absurd and spammfully repetitive.

Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas; "We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population ... I love it. They are shitting in their pants with fear. I love it." :laugh2::bye1:

Actually we're boning down more than our share of latinas and asians. Eventually most people will be assimilated and victicrat racist bed wetters like guano and the pseudo intellectual jackass "professor" Gutierrez will have no audience.

... the area had NEVER been part of Texas. .....

Your sympathy for the aggressors who lost the war they started is noted, but Texas WON their independence and they determined the boundaries of their nation, which would then become one of the great states of our Union. Take up arms for La Raza if you want, but you won't be any more successful than Mexico was the last time around.

I have sympathy for the truth. The TRUTH is that James K. Polk and Zachary Taylor were the aggressors. I agree that Texas WON, but they didn't get to unilaterally create new boundaries, anymore than England was able to create new boundaries for itself after WWII.

I will ignore the La Raza comment as it is not pertinent to the conversation nor does it apply to my Anglo-Irish heritage.

Tough shit what they did or did not want after losing a war they started. Texas won their independence and was sovereign for about a decade before applying for statehood.

Mexico had the better claim to the land between the Nueces River. Polk and Taylor provoked the war, not Mexico.

You need to take a history class.

Perhaps you would benefit from taking another class or two. What do you call it when Taylor ordered Jacob Brown to fortify a hill opposite Matamoros in the disputed territory and raise the flag each day to as much pomp and circumstance as possible to tweak the Mexican General stationed in Matamoros? A joke?

Tough shit what they did or did not want after losing a war they started. Texas won their independence and was sovereign for about a decade before applying for statehood.

Mexico had the better claim to the land between the Nueces River. Polk and Taylor provoked the war, not Mexico.

Perhaps you would benefit from taking another class or two. What do you call it when Taylor ordered Jacob Brown to fortify a hill opposite Matamoros in the disputed territory and raise the flag each day to as much pomp and circumstance as possible to tweak the Mexican General stationed in Matamoros? A joke?

Are you one of those who calls the American Civil War the War of Northern Aggression? Are you one of those who blame the US for the war in the Pacific during WWII?

Are you one of those who calls the American Civil War the War of Northern Aggression? Are you one of those who blame the US for the war in the Pacific during WWII?

Actually, no. At the worst, the American Civil War should be called the War between the States. And the Japanese were clearly the aggressors in the Pacific.

The TRUTH is that James K. Polk and Zachary Taylor were the aggressors. ....

They didn't shoot first, the Mexicans did.

LOL! That's your argument ...

No, that's a fact.

Happening after Polk made a proposition to the Mexican government to purchase the disputed lands between the Nueces River and the Rio Grande. When that offer was rejected, troops from the United States commanded by Major General Zachary Taylor moved into the disputed territory of Coahuila. Obviously, Polk knew the Mexican claim was strong and was trying to avoid conflict, but he HAD to honor the Texas claim to the Rio Grande that came with the annexation of Texas and proceeded in a very aggressive manner to bring the issue to a head. It does us no good to not acknowledge the truth.

..... Obviously, Polk knew the Mexican claim was strong and was trying to avoid conflict......

Trying so hard the Mexican military fired on US troops? Sorry Senior Raza, you've failed to alter history yet again.

..... Obviously, Polk knew the Mexican claim was strong and was trying to avoid conflict......

Trying so hard the Mexican military fired on US troops? Sorry Senior Raza, you've failed to alter history yet again.

You are the one who is trying to alter history. If Polk did not feel the Mexican claim was stronger, why did he offer to pay for the Neuces Strip? If the Texas claim was stronger, wouldn't he just send Taylor down to drive out the Mexican Army, as he ultimately did when Mexico refused to sell?

You are the one who is trying to alter history. If Polk did not feel the Mexican claim was stronger, why did he offer to pay for the Neuces Strip? If the Texas claim was stronger, wouldn't he just send Taylor down to drive out the Mexican Army, as he ultimately did when Mexico refused to sell?

Now you're speculating. I cited the facts of the matter.

I'm trying to speak to you as an educated adult. I am getting back the 7th grade version of events, banality and name calling. You're slipping from amusing to boring.

If your neighbor claims your living room is part of his land, and enters it without your permission, what would you do?

Perhaps you would benefit from taking another class or two.

I actually read Howard Zinn's perversion of history. It was assigned to my son in high school. No doubt this is your idea of 'history."

What do you call it when Taylor ordered Jacob Brown to fortify a hill opposite Matamoros in the disputed territory and raise the flag each day to as much pomp and circumstance as possible to tweak the Mexican General stationed in Matamoros? A joke?

Grand standing.

What is your point?

I actually read Howard Zinn's perversion of history. It was assigned to my son in high school. No doubt this is your idea of 'history."

What do you call it when Taylor ordered Jacob Brown to fortify a hill opposite Matamoros in the disputed territory and raise the flag each day to as much pomp and circumstance as possible to tweak the Mexican General stationed in Matamoros? A joke?

Grand standing.

What is your point?

You would do yourself a real service by reading T.R. Farenbach's Lone Star: A Story of Texas and the Texans to get a better foundation to understand the history of Texas and how its annexation led to the Mexican War.

If you'd like to examine attitudes of that time, you might want to learn about John L. O'Sullivan.

Grand standing.

What is your point?

What you want to minimize as "Grand standing" is actually an example of intentional provocation. I'm not saying it was wrong to do it, because the issue had to come to a resolution; but to close your eyes to what really happened leads to a warped perception of what happened and make it impossible to understand the point of view of others.

I'm trying to speak to you as an educated adult. ......

No, you're not. You're trying to promote an anti-American version of events.

I'm trying to speak to you as an educated adult. ......

No, you're not. You're trying to promote an anti-American version of events.

Don't be an idiot. While I'm not willing to eliminate my understanding of the whole story, I haven't said anything remotely anti-American. I don't advocate feeling bad that we won, nor do I want any of the land returned to Mexico. Try to not be so myopic and instead realize there were 2 sides to the story and embrace the truth, so you can speak to the issue in an intelligent way.

Forum List

Back