Let us argue about abortion

My issue isn't with abortion, while I believe it should be limited thats not my call...SCOTUS says its legal.

My issue is with all you pro-choice cowards who hide behind euphemistic language to make yourselves "feel" better about killing human children.

My issue isn't with abortion, while I believe it should be limited thats not my call...SCOTUS says its legal.

My issue is with all you pro-choice cowards who hide behind euphemistic language to make yourselves "feel" better about killing human children.

Heard this bull shit before. What euphemistic language are we using?

(smile) Can a dog fetus live in a human cletus?

Man uup and admit you are killing little humans....but you won't you are just another coward.

You know...scientific words like zygote and fetus.

Man uup and admit you are killing little humans....but you won't you are just another coward.

Ha ha! Told you! Science is a euphemism. :lol:

Actually, I just like science and truth. When you show me a kidney that, left in its natural environment, eventually becomes what even you admit is a breathing human being you will force me to concede that you won this particular debate on points. Until then, I will stick to the incontrovertible fact that a kidney is not a human being, and a fetus is.

You tell me, you are the one that thinks there is a difference between a child in the womb of a woman who "chooses" not to keep it and one who does. Personally, I think it is easier to treat both of the exactly the same.

What part of biology 101 taught you that life is not life simply because you are incapable of admitting you are wrong?

For a guy who believes we don't need any government you sure seem keen on using government to ban abortion.

For a guy that claims to be smart you sure seem to think that everyone who disagrees with you wants to use government to impose their opinions on others.

Try finding one place in this thread, or anywhere else, I said that government should ban abortions.

So you're pro-choice without government limitations and you start a thread whose central theme is the ridicule of someone who is pro-choice.

Brilliant.

I know it helps not to call them human.

The fact that people like you need to hide behind these euphemisms simply means you need them to justify your views.

Can you show me where a "fetus" growing in the womb of a young woman is not a "human" fetus"?

A fetus (pronounced /ˈfiːtəs/; also spelled foetus, fœtus, faetus, or fætus, see below) is a developing mammal or other viviparous vertebrate after the embryonic stage and before birth.

In humans, the fetal stage of prenatal development starts at the beginning of the 11th week in gestational age, which is the 9th week after fertilization.[1][2]

Fetus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just is what it is sweet pea.

I know it helps not to call them human.

The fact that people like you need to hide behind these euphemisms simply means you need them to justify your views.

Can you show me where a "fetus" growing in the womb of a young woman is not a "human" fetus"?

A fetus (pronounced /ˈfiːtəs/; also spelled foetus, fœtus, faetus, or fætus, see below) is a developing mammal or other viviparous vertebrate after the embryonic stage and before birth.

In humans, the fetal stage of prenatal development starts at the beginning of the 11th week in gestational age, which is the 9th week after fertilization.[1][2]

Fetus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just is what it is sweet pea.

Who's denying it? Who are you talking to?

Which, essentially, is what this thread is about.

The argument as you state it is stupid and sophomoric.

First, the fetus is not a potential person. It is a person.100% genetically complete human person. It has its own unique fingerprints; blood type and DNA. It is a person, at a specific stage of development, that if left alone, will continue to develop at the most rapid rate of development than at any later stages.. Second, the likely-hood that an unborn baby will kill its mother are less than 1%. So using it as an argument in the abortion debate is a canard- especially in light of the fact that pre Roe, women could get abortion for such situations.

The Louisiana Study. Louisiana abortionists must fill out a form entitled "Report of Induced Termination of Pregnancy" (Form #PHS 16-ab) for every abortion he or she performs. The form warns at the top that "Failure to complete and file this form is a crime." Item 9d on this form is entitled "Reason for Pregnancy Termination."

The Office of Public Health of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals compiles these statistics. Over 14 consecutive years of record keeping (1975 to 1988 inclusive), 202,135 abortions were performed in Louisiana. Of these, the reasons were listed for 115,243 of them, as shown below;

Mother's mental health-
114,231 (99.12%)

Mother's physical health-
863 ( 0.75%)

Fetal deformity (eugenics)-
103 ( 0.09%)

Rape or incest-
46 ( 0.04%)

It is very significant indeed that more than 99 percent of all abortions performed in Louisiana are for "mental health" reasons, and less than one percent (one out of 134) abortions are performed for genuine physical health complications.

More studies

A zygote does not have fingerprints.

Neither do people without hands, I am pretty sure they are still human.

So you're agreeing now with the people who claim a zygote is a person and thus to abort it is murder?

For a guy who believes we don't need any government you sure seem keen on using government to ban abortion.

For a guy that claims to be smart you sure seem to think that everyone who disagrees with you wants to use government to impose their opinions on others.

Try finding one place in this thread, or anywhere else, I said that government should ban abortions.

So you're pro-choice without government limitations and you start a thread whose central theme is the ridicule of someone who is pro-choice.

Brilliant.

My thread is mocking the language said pro choice person used to justify their position, not calling for the government to force her to think.

What's your point?

Brilliant.

My thread is mocking the language said pro choice person used to justify their position, not calling for the government to force her to think.

What's your point?

Who? Who says that a zygote in a human female is not a human zygote? Who says that an embryo in a human female is not a human embryo? Who says that a fetus in a human female is not a human fetus?

I don't have to.

You do if you agree with her that they are using it.

Give me any example in case law where someone's right to exercise their free will was denied them solely on the grounds that they could not prove it was an exercise of free will.

I don't have to, the simple fact is that she did not claim it was a legal choice, she claimed it was a free will choice, that moves it into areas the law does not have jurisdiction. I am not stupid enough to turn a philosophical discussion into a legal one.

By the way, the definition of coercion is lack of free will.

Brilliant.

What's your point?

Who? Who says that a zygote in a human female is not a human zygote? Who says that an embryo in a human female is not a human embryo? Who says that a fetus in a human female is not a human fetus?

That would be half the people that responded to this thread.

Define thinking and I will.

If you don't know the definition of thinking, why are you making posts as if you do?

Do computers think? How about dung beetles? Define thinking so I can prove you wrong, if I try to do it before you are pinned down you will pretend you weren't saying that thinking is thinking.

The poster said that the DNA in a zygote thinks it's human. Prove it, since you're defending that statement.

Forum List

Back