Let us start saving the country.

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011

We need to start demanding change. I don’t care if it is the Republican or the Democrat party that does it. We need to start demanding action and demanding both parties start to follow. We need to demand fixes that really work.

First we need to fix the tax system. Sure one can scream tax the rich then have the government give a 15 to 35 percent tax rate to provide loop holes for the rich to higher tax attorneys and accountants and only pay around 0 to 10 percent. We need a flat tax for all those earning over three times the poverty rate or a fair tax system with sales tax on all things outside of groceries and second hand stores.

We need to stop the government from selling treasuries except in the case of an emergency and even then it should be approved on a case by case basis.

We should stop the affordable care act, Medicaid, and Medicare and instead start pumping money into free government clinics and hospitals to be supported by both government and charitable donations. Then eliminate many of the laws and regulations on the private industry and let people choose on their own between private health care and free government clinics.

We need to stop all corporate welfare and fix low income welfare. We need to start putting limits on what welfare can be used for. Currently WIC has limits on what can be bought and we should have the same rules for food stamps as well. There should also be rules about people on welfare needing to, if able, either work, look for work, or do volunteer work. Everyone can work. We should also make more of an effort to provide day care to help single people work as well.

We need to start doing price fixing on public universities and stop out of control cost increases.

We need to stop forcing people through laws to join unions. If someone wants to join a union then let them join, but the government should not be playing a role in forcing people to join unions.

Last edited:

We need to start demanding change. I don’t care if it is the Republican or the Democrat party that does it. We need to start demanding action and demanding both parties start to follow. We need to demand fixes that really work.

Demand change by keeping things the way they are. Never worked.

You want change, you need to change the system by which people vote. They need to be voting PR for a start, this could allow other political parties to gain in strength and be seen as an alternative that can actually do something.

Change will NOT come from the reps or dems.

First we need to fix the tax system. Sure one can scream tax the rich then have the government give a 15 to 35 percent tax rate to provide loop holes for the rich to higher tax attorneys and accountants and only pay around 0 to 10 percent. We need a flat tax for all those earning over three times the poverty rate or a fair tax system with sales tax on all things outside of groceries and second hand stores.

We need to stop the government from selling treasuries except in the case of an emergency and even then it should be approved on a case by case basis.

We should stop the affordable care act, Medicaid, and Medicare and instead start pumping money into free government clinics and hospitals to be supported by both government and charitable donations. Then eliminate many of the laws and regulations on the private industry and let people choose on their own between private health care and free government clinics.

We need to stop all corporate welfare and fix low income welfare. We need to start putting limits on what welfare can be used for. Currently WIC has limits on what can be bought and we should have the same rules for food stamps as well. There should also be rules about people on welfare needing to, if able, either work, look for work, or do volunteer work. Everyone can work. We should also make more of an effort to provide day care to help single people work as well.

We need to start doing price fixing on public universities and stop out of control cost increases.

We need to stop forcing people through laws to join unions. If someone wants to join a union then let them join, but the government should not be playing a role in forcing people to join unions.

Wouldn't it be easier if you just moved to Havana? It's only 90 miles away.

Wouldn't it be easier if you just moved to Havana? It's only 90 miles away.

What exactly have I suggested is communist?

The only way to get our govt. back is to get monied interest out of our govt...

You ask the impossible. Moneyed interest runs everything and always has and will. Heck even when this country was founded it was founded by the rich. The trick is to take away their ability to control things by shrinking the government.

You ask the impossible. Moneyed interest runs everything and always has and will. Heck even when this country was founded it was founded by the rich. The trick is to take away their ability to control things by shrinking the government.

I agree with your premise that the rich use the concentrated power of government - and I also think this is why libertarians worry about concentrated power, because they think that once it exists, it will be abused by the most powerful forces.

I think corporations used an ideology of "making government smaller" to remove anti-trust laws that use to prevent energy, health care and internet (telecom) from anti-competitive forms of consolidation which gave them de facto monopoly control over domestic markets. In short, Washington is no longer run by Brownshirts who steal from the rich and give to the lazy; rather, it is run by puppets who do the bidding of monopolists.

I agree with your premise that the rich use the concentrated power of government - and I also think this is why libertarians worry about concentrated power, because they think that once it exists, it will be abused by the most powerful forces.

It does exist, and has been used and abused for longer than anyone realizes. We have a bunch of rich elitists in Washington who vote more for their interests than of ours.

We need to let the free market reign - it is the systemic fix! We should demand term limits! The reason we are in this mess is they tried to " fix " something that wasn't broke!

I think corporations used an ideology of "making government smaller" to remove anti-trust laws that use to prevent energy, health care and internet (telecom) from anti-competitive forms of consolidation which gave them de facto monopoly control over domestic markets. In short, Washington is no longer run by Brownshirts who steal from the rich and give to the lazy; rather, it is run by puppets who do the bidding of monopolists.

I think if we could start to tear away the party system you would find that the people and those in power have nothing in common. The political parties have become similar to sports teams and their followers more like fans than voters. That has created a huge problem seeing someone complain about what one party does but then when their party does the exact same thing it is all of a sudden just fine.

Forum List

Back