Let's Be Careful Out There...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
A good friend of mine was in a horrible motorcycle accident the other night. He's got broken ribs, broken neck, brain bleed and is on a ventilator. There's been zero brain activity since Sunday night. Sadly, if there's no improvement today they're going to disconnect him from life support. It's painful to think of a world without my buddy Forrest.

In the biker community, there's an unspoken understanding that the risks are higher than for those who ride in "cages" and, while those risks are readily accepted, it still hurts like Hell when you lose a brother.

So, if you ride, be safe out there and keep the shiny side up. If you drive, just look twice. Bikers can be hard to see...

Sorry man.
The most dangerous thing on the road for bikers is vehicles. Number 1 rule of the road!

I think it's ridiculous for a motorcycle to be in the same traffic as 18 wheelers. It's too bad we can't accommodate them with secondary infrastructure.

Sorry man.
The most dangerous thing on the road for bikers is vehicles. Number 1 rule of the road!

I think it's ridiculous for a motorcycle to be in the same traffic as 18 wheelers. It's too bad we can't accommodate them with secondary infrastructure.

The thing is, there's not much of traffic at all on the road where he had his crash. We're probably never going to know exactly what happened. His girlfriend was riding behind him, but he'd already gone around a bend in the road and crashed before she made it around the bend. She found him in a drainage ditch...

I used to ride- a lot- I learned, years ago to be a better cage driver from watching those around me when I was uncaged and predicting their next stupid move- I've had a few crashes, when uncaged but only one with a car involved- people are so involved in their distractions it's amazing they tie their own shoes- but, it is what it is- we have to drive defensively, even more so when on 2 wheels.

Sorry man.

The thing is, there's not much of traffic at all on the road where he had his crash. We're probably never going to know exactly what happened. His girlfriend was riding behind him, but he'd already gone around a bend in the road and crashed before she made it around the bend. She found him in a drainage ditch...
My buddy had a wreck on a sport bike on this really curvy highway a few years ago. He hit a big piece of gravel going around a curve.
It could have been anything..

Yeah, they're always dangerous. I admire the bravery of people that do it but you'll never catch my ass on one.

A good friend of mine was in a horrible motorcycle accident the other night. He's got broken ribs, broken neck, brain bleed and is on a ventilator. There's been zero brain activity since Sunday night. Sadly, if there's no improvement today they're going to disconnect him from life support. It's painful to think of a world without my buddy Forrest.

In the biker community, there's an unspoken understanding that the risks are higher than for those who ride in "cages" and, while those risks are readily accepted, it still hurts like Hell when you lose a brother.

So, if you ride, be safe out there and keep the shiny side up. If you drive, just look twice. Bikers can be hard to see...

Has anybody blamed trump yet?

She found him in a drainage ditch...
Damn! I wrecked a bike once- a 550 Honda I'd given to my wife (I had a 750). We were taking it to her parents house while we went out of town on a vacation trip- the wife came on my crash, where I had slid across a 4 lane black top and landed in the grass on the wrong side- I wasn't hurt, just shaken and laying there counting and taking inventory- she rolled her window down (it was Dec) and hollered, "you wrecked my bike" :oops:

Dude, let's not do that, okay? Please?

Probably a COVID 19 related injury....

I'm asking sincerely, please don't do this. There's not a single reason to divert this discussion onto any other topic; not Trump, not Covid, nothing.

Thanks...

Sorry to hear about this. I got a buddy that hit a deer, with his wife on the back, and they're still messed up 3 years later. I love bikers, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Hope this patriot pulls thru!

Sorry to read this. In my city, the vast majority of motorcycle accidents happen in town. It is usually careless drivers turning in front of or side swiping bikers. My youngest son stopped riding his motorcycle and I am very glad he did. His only accident was taking a turn too fast and wiping out on a patch of gravel.

Dude, let's not do that, okay? Please?

Sorry.

I'm asking sincerely, please don't do this. There's not a single reason to divert this discussion onto any other topic; not Trump, not Covid, nothing.

It's your OP, but what more is there to discuss about "being careful out there?" (When I rode, I just assumed that I was invisible to other drivers.)

Forum List

Back