🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's clear a few things up about the Indiana Religious Freedom Law

Oh, and Boerne ruled the RFRA unconstitutional as it applied to the states. Congress could not compel the states to enforce the law on its own, therefore it was left to the states to pass these laws. I do believe the 10th Amendment granted them that right.

Ok, so after your usual kicking and screaming tantrum, you've admitted that yes, the law was ruled unconstitutional.

The left got the impression that a certain Republican from Indiana might run for president,.... so this is a preemptive strike against him pulled out of thin-air.

How do you figure that?

Pence signed the bill into law BEFORE it was reported to the country.

The Indiana law does not need to be "cleared up". We all know it is about keeping fags out of bakeries. So don't try to dress it up as anything else. No one is that stupid.

Why support this law, when a segment of our population want Islam outlawed.??
Islam...or more precisely many parts of Sharia Law....are in conflict with our Constitution...

Yep. So why is are there Americans wanting laws passed based on their particular brand of religion?

Why are certain RWs against it when Muslims do it but all in favor of it when its American fundies?
Who fucking cares......

Laws based on religious beliefs are, by definition sharia laws and I don't want sharia law in the US.

Buyt you're right that many RWs are in favor of sharia laws in the US - like Mike Pence.
You're a moron.
This is not a law basd on religious beliefs. It is the opposite of that in fact.

Why did Governor Pence go virtually epileptic Sunday when asked the simple question would the law allow a florists and bakers to discriminate against gays?

Either it does or it doesn't.

Does it? Doesn't it?
ALL florists and bakers are right wing religious zealots?
Who knew?
not all, just the bigoted ones...flowers and cake don't care who smells them or eats them.
the money could give a shit too.
So, there are other bakers, florists, wedding planners, DJ's etc who can accommodate the couple.
Why a gay couple would practically DEMAND a service from the owners of an establishment who doesn't share their views is beyond me.
Should I demand Chic-fil-Abe open on Sundays because I really want their sandwich?

Why did Governor Pence go virtually epileptic Sunday when asked the simple question would the law allow a florists and bakers to discriminate against gays?

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?
not all, just the bigoted ones...flowers and cake don't care who smells them or eats them.
So, there are other bakers, florists, wedding planners, DJ's etc who can accommodate the couple.
Why a gay couple would practically DEMAND a service from the owners of an establishment who doesn't share their views is beyond me.
Should I demand Chic-fil-Abe open on Sundays because I really want their sandwich?
if you eat at chic I'm gonna spew ...then every thing you say is questionable...

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?

To some people, tolerance is not enough. They feel compelled to force Acceptance, which is rather an oxymoron.

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?

To some people, tolerance is not enough. They feel compelled to force Acceptance, which is rather an oxymoron.

The feel compelled to force PARTICIPATION, not just acceptance. They feel compelled to force ENDORSEMENT and APPROVAL.

really? nothing's happened except you claiming as usual a false victory...

My victory is confirmed. Your reaction only confirms it. Your lack of a cogent argument also confirms it. You have failed to effectively disprove my case. You tried to twist the meaning of the Boerne v. Flores ruling to falsely claim the RFRA is unconstitutional altogether. However, as I proved by citing Gonzales v. O Centro Espirita Beneficente Uniao do Vegetal, 546 U.S. 418 (2006), the constitutionality of the RFRA was upheld, Boerne only applied to the enaction of the law on the states only.

A footnote from page 3 of the Gonzales opinion:

"As originally enacted, RFRA applied to States as well as the Federal Government. In City of Boerne v. Flores, 521 U. S. 507 (1997), we held the application to States to be beyond Congress’ legislative authority under §5 of the 14th Amendment."

Thus, this ruling allowed the states to pass laws mirroring the Federal one.

Islam...or more precisely many parts of Sharia Law....are in conflict with our Constitution...

Yep. So why is are there Americans wanting laws passed based on their particular brand of religion?

Why are certain RWs against it when Muslims do it but all in favor of it when its American fundies?
Who fucking cares......

Laws based on religious beliefs are, by definition sharia laws and I don't want sharia law in the US.

Buyt you're right that many RWs are in favor of sharia laws in the US - like Mike Pence.
You're a moron.
This is not a law basd on religious beliefs. It is the opposite of that in fact.
This is not a law basd on religious beliefs

You are shown to be a moron once again

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence Says Controversial 'Religious Freedom' Law Won't Change

Last edited:

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?
if you eat at chic I'm gonna spew ...then every thing you say is questionable...
It's better than other fast food chicken sandwiches.
What do YOU have against Chic-fil-A?
You an anti-religion bigot?

Who fucking cares......

You're a moron.
bullshit ! all laws with inferred or actual language referring to the restriction of sexual or cultural practices ARE 99 times out of 100 based on a religious belief.

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?

Acceptance is a belief. Tolerance is an action. You can hate black people all you want for whatever reasons you want,

but you have to tolerate the fact that they have equal rights.

Who fucking cares......

You're a moron.

Yeah, that's probably why they named it the RELIGIOUS Freedom Act.

Read it.

:rolleyes:

The Indiana law does not need to be "cleared up". We all know it is about keeping fags out of bakeries. So don't try to dress it up as anything else. No one is that stupid.
You must be that stupid to believe thats what the bill is about.

It's pretty clear that today's Liberals are Anti-Liberty.

You defend racial discrimination and we are the anti-liberty ones? Mental case.

Scuze moi - but you will not find one post on this board where I favor racial discrimination, you sad little moron.

You must if you support the Indiana law, because it definitely allows a religious defense against doing business with black people, if the businessman is white.

Forum List

Back