🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's clear a few things up about the Indiana Religious Freedom Law

Why did Governor Pence go virtually epileptic Sunday when asked the simple question would the law allow a florists and bakers to discriminate against gays?

Either it does or it doesn't.

Does it? Doesn't it?
ALL florists and bakers are right wing religious zealots?
Who knew?
not all, just the bigoted ones...flowers and cake don't care who smells them or eats them.
the money could give a shit too.
So, there are other bakers, florists, wedding planners, DJ's etc who can accommodate the couple.
Why a gay couple would practically DEMAND a service from the owners of an establishment who doesn't share their views is beyond me.
Should I demand Chic-fil-Abe open on Sundays because I really want their sandwich?

To some people, tolerance is not enough. They feel compelled to force Acceptance, which is rather an oxymoron.

Acceptance is a belief. Tolerance is an action. You can hate black people all you want for whatever reasons you want,

but you have to tolerate the fact that they have equal rights.

Scuze moi, but as an expert on myself (which you clearly are not), I do not hate black people.

You, on the other hand, clearly exhibit a pathological need to accuse others of racism. Overcompensating for your own imperfections, hun?

Islam...or more precisely many parts of Sharia Law....are in conflict with our Constitution...

Yep. So why is are there Americans wanting laws passed based on their particular brand of religion?

Why are certain RWs against it when Muslims do it but all in favor of it when its American fundies?
Who fucking cares......

Laws based on religious beliefs are, by definition sharia laws and I don't want sharia law in the US.

Buyt you're right that many RWs are in favor of sharia laws in the US - like Mike Pence.
You're a moron.
This is not a law basd on religious beliefs. It is the opposite of that in fact.

Yeah, that's probably why they named it the RELIGIOUS Freedom Act.

Read it.

:rolleyes:
BEcause it is the opposite. It does not establish any religious standards at all. Thats the point, Nerwin.

Why did Governor Pence go virtually epileptic Sunday when asked the simple question would the law allow a florists and bakers to discriminate against gays?

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?
not all, just the bigoted ones...flowers and cake don't care who smells them or eats them.
So, there are other bakers, florists, wedding planners, DJ's etc who can accommodate the couple.
Why a gay couple would practically DEMAND a service from the owners of an establishment who doesn't share their views is beyond me.
Should I demand Chic-fil-Abe open on Sundays because I really want their sandwich?
if you eat at chic I'm gonna spew ...then every thing you say is questionable...
It's better than other fast food chicken sandwiches.
What do YOU have against Chic-fil-A?
You an anti-religion bigot?
wow! wrong much?
chic I'm gonna spew's food is imo awful....

We're supposed to pretend we have the seven pounds of brain damage it requires to believe this law has nothing to do with keeping fags out of bakeries.

We're supposed to pretend this law is just some incredibly fantastic coincidence and no one has any idea why it was suddenly decided it was necessary.

"It has nothing to do with discriminating against fags! Honest!"

The selective outrage is strong with this one.

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?

To some people, tolerance is not enough. They feel compelled to force Acceptance, which is rather an oxymoron.
you mean like the religious right?

It's pretty clear that today's Liberals are Anti-Liberty.

You defend racial discrimination and we are the anti-liberty ones? Mental case.

Scuze moi - but you will not find one post on this board where I favor racial discrimination, you sad little moron.

You must if you support the Indiana law, because it definitely allows a religious defense against doing business with black people, if the businessman is white.

I support Liberty, which means respecting the Liberty of others to hold different beliefs than myself. Clearly, this is a foreign concept to your wee widdle bwain.

It's pretty clear that today's Liberals are Anti-Liberty.

You defend racial discrimination and we are the anti-liberty ones? Mental case.

Scuze moi - but you will not find one post on this board where I favor racial discrimination, you sad little moron.

You must if you support the Indiana law, because it definitely allows a religious defense against doing business with black people, if the businessman is white.
No it does not.

really? nothing's happened except you claiming as usual a false victory...

My victory is confirmed. Your reaction only confirms it. Your lack of a cogent argument also confirms it. You have failed to effectively disprove my case. You tried to twist the meaning of the Boerne v. Flores ruling to falsely claim the RFRA is unconstitutional altogether. However, as I proved by citing Gonzales v. O Centro Espirita Beneficente Uniao do Vegetal, 546 U.S. 418 (2006), the constitutionality of the RFRA was upheld, Boerne only applied to the enaction of the law on the states only.

A footnote from page 3 of the Gonzales opinion:

"As originally enacted, RFRA applied to States as well as the Federal Government. In City of Boerne v. Flores, 521 U. S. 507 (1997), we held the application to States to be beyond Congress’ legislative authority under §5 of the 14th Amendment."

Thus, this ruling allowed the states to pass laws mirroring the Federal one.
wake up Dorothy ! you're having that dream again!

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence appeared on This Week With George Stephanopoulos and - to me - made it crystal clear he intends to maintain the right of people in Indiana to kick gay people out of their restaurants and hotels.

If you watched Indiana Governor Mike Pence's appearance on This Week With George Stephanopolous, you likely came away with the same takeaways I did regarding his support for anti-gay discrimination. And if you didn't see it, you can watch the interview below.

The easiest conclusion is that the governor believes people should be able to discriminate against gays and lesbians in his state. Stephanopoulos asked the governor no less than six times if he believed this should be legal, and every time Pence deflected the question, a couple times attacking Stephanopoulos for even asking the question.

People who believe discrimination is wrong freely say that publicly and with pride. It's really easy to do so because it's the right thing to do. Standing with LGBT Americans and opposing discrimination of any kind is as American as amber waves of grain. Every American - Christian, Jewish, black, Asian, immigrant, rich, pool - knows in their heart that rejecting someone for who they are is wrong.

Pence simply refused to answer the question because he supports discrimination, opposes LGBT rights, and knows he's wrong and unChristian on both issues. While Stephanopoulos stopped short of helping Pence with a clear answer, I will do so here:

The governor does support the right to discriminate and does not want gay, lesbian, bisexual or trans people protected by the law.

The governor is very proud of signing SB 101, which legalizes discrimination based on religious beliefs. He said a couple times that he was proud of the bill, and that he does not regret signing it.

Gov. Mike Pence says people in Indiana should be able to discriminate against gays lesbians - Outsports

Islam...or more precisely many parts of Sharia Law....are in conflict with our Constitution...

Yep. So why is are there Americans wanting laws passed based on their particular brand of religion?

Why are certain RWs against it when Muslims do it but all in favor of it when its American fundies?
Who fucking cares......

Laws based on religious beliefs are, by definition sharia laws and I don't want sharia law in the US.

Buyt you're right that many RWs are in favor of sharia laws in the US - like Mike Pence.
You're a moron.
This is not a law basd on religious beliefs. It is the opposite of that in fact.

Read it.

:rolleyes:

I apologize if I'm the one who gave Rabbi the head trauma he's been recently exhibiting.

...even worse than the usual Rabbi.

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?

Non sequitur much?

We're supposed to pretend we have the seven pounds of brain damage it requires to believe this law has nothing to do with keeping fags out of bakeries.

You must have seven pounds of brain damage if you think Indiana is the only state to pass this kind of law. I wonder, where were you when the other 19 states enacted the same?

Oh, and Boerne ruled the RFRA unconstitutional as it applied to the states. Congress could not compel the states to enforce the law on its own, therefore it was left to the states to pass these laws. I do believe the 10th Amendment granted them that right.

Ok, so after your usual kicking and screaming tantrum, you've admitted that yes, the law was ruled unconstitutional.
He admitted no such thing because that isnt true. Only the application to states was ruled unconstititional.
You get your ass handed to you every time.

really? nothing's happened except you claiming as usual a false victory...

My victory is confirmed. Your reaction only confirms it. Your lack of a cogent argument also confirms it. You have failed to effectively disprove my case. You tried to twist the meaning of the Boerne v. Flores ruling to falsely claim the RFRA is unconstitutional altogether. However, as I proved by citing Gonzales v. O Centro Espirita Beneficente Uniao do Vegetal, 546 U.S. 418 (2006), the constitutionality of the RFRA was upheld, Boerne only applied to the enaction of the law on the states only.

A footnote from page 3 of the Gonzales opinion:

"As originally enacted, RFRA applied to States as well as the Federal Government. In City of Boerne v. Flores, 521 U. S. 507 (1997), we held the application to States to be beyond Congress’ legislative authority under §5 of the 14th Amendment."

Thus, this ruling allowed the states to pass laws mirroring the Federal one.
wake up Dorothy ! you're having that dream again!

Hey comon now, don't judge a guy solely by the secret stash of girl's clothing he has way back in the closet.

The RW tactic around here is to 'win' arguments by ignoring irrefutable fact.

The Indiana law does not need to be "cleared up". We all know it is about keeping fags out of bakeries. So don't try to dress it up as anything else. No one is that stupid.
You must be that stupid to believe thats what the bill is about.
really? "
You're a moron.

post of the day luddy!

Oh, and Boerne ruled the RFRA unconstitutional as it applied to the states. Congress could not compel the states to enforce the law on its own, therefore it was left to the states to pass these laws. I do believe the 10th Amendment granted them that right.

Ok, so after your usual kicking and screaming tantrum, you've admitted that yes, the law was ruled unconstitutional.
He admitted no such thing because that isnt true. Only the application to states was ruled unconstititional.
You get your ass handed to you every time.

You just admitted it.

Does it? Doesn't it?
Who knew?

Acceptance is a belief. Tolerance is an action. You can hate black people all you want for whatever reasons you want,

but you have to tolerate the fact that they have equal rights.

How is being forced to participate in sacrilege "tolerance"?

Who knew?

Non sequitur much?
sometimes, just not here.

Forum List

Back