Let's face it: America kind of sucks

I can attest to this from personal experience. The most damaging thing to me about breaking my leg a few years ago turned out not to be the injury itself, but a long period of forced idleness as I recovered from it.
I was laid up for 27 weeks after my first major injury at 23 and it took 5 years to get it all back.

That would likely be the most effective border control policy we've ever had.
If they are from a developed country, they know. No health care daycare cheap college and training. Silliest voters in the modern world. AND terrible vacation time and infrastructure falling apart with Reagan giveaway to the rich tax rates and crap propaganda....Poor America....

Last edited:
25th of September, 2022 -- things are still the same. The US still sucks.
Which is so ironic as you can be that critical and you are not arrested!

This is how these 12 countries will punish you for insulting their heads of state​

1. if the Azerbaijaini authorities judge that this poster of theirs is "humiliating" to the honor and dignity of President Ilham Aliyev. (No, we're not sure exactly what "corrective labor" is either, but you can bet you wouldn't enjoy it.)
  2. Lebanon's laws forbid the publication of material that "undermines the dignity of the president of the republic," which is punishable by a minimum of one month and a maximum of two years in prison, and/or a fine between 50 million and 100 million Lebanese pounds ($33,200-$66,400).
  3. Under Venezuelan law, it's a crime to offend, "in writing, speech or by any other means" (interpretative dance?), the elected or acting president. If you're found guilty, you'll get six to 30 months' imprisonment if the offense is considered serious, and three to 15 months if it's considered minor.
  4. US President Barack Obama might want to watch his tongue when he visits Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski: publicly insulting the Polish president is punishable by up to three years in prison.
  5. Turkey has some pretty stringent insult laws, and it isn't afraid to use them. The penal code states that "a person who defames the president of the republic shall be imprisoned for a term of one to four years,"

Which is so ironic as you can be that critical and you are not arrested!

This is how these 12 countries will punish you for insulting their heads of state​

1. if the Azerbaijaini authorities judge that this poster of theirs is "humiliating" to the honor and dignity of President Ilham Aliyev. (No, we're not sure exactly what "corrective labor" is either, but you can bet you wouldn't enjoy it.)
  2. Lebanon's laws forbid the publication of material that "undermines the dignity of the president of the republic," which is punishable by a minimum of one month and a maximum of two years in prison, and/or a fine between 50 million and 100 million Lebanese pounds ($33,200-$66,400).
  3. Under Venezuelan law, it's a crime to offend, "in writing, speech or by any other means" (interpretative dance?), the elected or acting president. If you're found guilty, you'll get six to 30 months' imprisonment if the offense is considered serious, and three to 15 months if it's considered minor.
  4. US President Barack Obama might want to watch his tongue when he visits Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski: publicly insulting the Polish president is punishable by up to three years in prison.
  5. Turkey has some pretty stringent insult laws, and it isn't afraid to use them. The penal code states that "a person who defames the president of the republic shall be imprisoned for a term of one to four years,"
Funny how you just compared the United States to 5 cherry-picked, extremely-underdeveloped countries (Azerbaijan, Lebanon, Venezuela, Poland & Turkey). If we're talking freedom, the US is nowhere first. Countries such as Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland & Portugal do WAY better. Press Freedom Index - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back