Let's give Trump his due, but...

Bush won the first election but lost the popular vote....Bush then won re-election by a nice margin....Perhaps Trump will do the same...

and hopefully the people who were worshiping Trump don't suddenly pretend they never liked him years from now.....like they currently do with Bush...

All presidents have partisans, and some of them will be at a point in their lives, where they get overly exited about the person they support.
But one party seems to have a bad habit of getting "overly excited" about a candidate and then trashing them and pretending they never supported them the very next election cycle...

Bush....
McCain...
Mitt Romney...

and the funny thing is.....none of these people are hated by Trumpers because of their policies....they are hated because they lost...and in the case of Bush, they hate him because his failure was so absolute, trumpers didn't even try to defend it -- they just put on funny little tea party hats and started calling themselves independent....

YOu are completely misunderstanding what is going on, with people you don't like. And in a self serving fashion.

Bush? I supported Bush. He led US into a war that did not turn out how we hoped. Losing support for that is reasonable. Indeed, it is strange that you think it strange.

McCain? We conservatives NEVER liked McCain. He won fair and square (the primaries) and we grudgingly fell into line. He ran a shitty campaign and lost and he was a prick afterwards. Our support and later dislike, was completely the right things to do.

Romney? We did like him. And we did support him. Then he sided with the leadership in their attempt to fix the primaries and deny the voters their choice. Our support for him then, and our anger at his betrayal is completely justified, both.

Bush won the first election but lost the popular vote....Bush then won re-election by a nice margin....Perhaps Trump will do the same...

and hopefully the people who were worshiping Trump don't suddenly pretend they never liked him years from now.....like they currently do with Bush...

All presidents have partisans, and some of them will be at a point in their lives, where they get overly exited about the person they support.
But one party seems to have a bad habit of getting "overly excited" about a candidate and then trashing them and pretending they never supported them the very next election cycle...

Bush....
McCain...
Mitt Romney...

and the funny thing is.....none of these people are hated by Trumpers because of their policies....they are hated because they lost...and in the case of Bush, they hate him because his failure was so absolute, trumpers didn't even try to defend it -- they just put on funny little tea party hats and started calling themselves independent....

It's funny because you just make stuff up and then are critical of what you made up.

Bush....
McCain...
Mitt Romney...

It's funny because you just make stuff up and then are critical of what you made up.

Liberal logic. I see it all the time.

Donald Trump launches vindictive impeachment victory lap - CNNPolitics

Let's say that Trump is correct, that the House of Representatives filing Articles of Impeachment against him was nothing but an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats (and Mitt Romney) in an effort to overturn the 2016 election. Let's say he is correct. Let's give him that much; really so little for those of us who oppose him to give up.

However, for the remainder of recorded history he exists on the list of Presidents impeached. FOREVER! And, there will be no footnote beside his name saying that his impeachment was an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats (and Mitt Romney) in an effort to overturn the 2016 election. History WILL NOT say that.

And, despite Article II of the Constitution "says I can do whatever I want," Trump and his cult can't change that, cannot undue that. It is engraved in stone for all future generations, even if he wins another term. He is forever stained, FOREVER! Bigly!!! And that is satisfying!

Except that, when anyone looks beyond "list of impeached President", they will see that this was a coup attempt and that the dems were traitorous scum.

Polling seems to indicate that that is the way voters are seeing it. And Trump wants to be re-elected.

That will have real world impact on EVERYTHING.
Nope!

If anyone looks in to it, in any kind of depth, they will see he was guilty as hell!

Let's say that Trump is correct, that the House of Representatives filing Articles of Impeachment against him was nothing but an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats (and Mitt Romney) in an effort to overturn the 2016 election. Let's say he is correct. Let's give him that much; really so little for those of us who oppose him to give up.

However, for the remainder of recorded history he exists on the list of Presidents impeached. FOREVER! And, there will be no footnote beside his name saying that his impeachment was an evil scam and hoax perpetuated by Democrats (and Mitt Romney) in an effort to overturn the 2016 election. History WILL NOT say that.

And, despite Article II of the Constitution "says I can do whatever I want," Trump and his cult can't change that, cannot undue that. It is engraved in stone for all future generations, even if he wins another term. He is forever stained, FOREVER! Bigly!!! And that is satisfying!

Except that, when anyone looks beyond "list of impeached President", they will see that this was a coup attempt and that the dems were traitorous scum.

Polling seems to indicate that that is the way voters are seeing it. And Trump wants to be re-elected.

Nope!

If anyone looks in to it, in any kind of depth, they will see he was guilty as hell!

The depth is going to destroy the Democratic Party, what's left of it anyway.

Nope!

Guilty of driving you libs into hysteria, nothing more.

YOu are completely misunderstanding what is going on, with people you don't like. And in a self serving fashion.

Bush? I supported Bush. He led US into a war that did not turn out how we hoped. Losing support for that is reasonable. Indeed, it is strange that you think it strange.....

He led us into a disaster that has created more blowback and destabilization than Saddam ever could...second, he did this knowing it was predicated on BS -- third, he did this while having his cult worshipers calling anyone who was "RIGHT ABOUT OPPOSING INVADING IRAQ" a terrorist, a traitor...he is the one who used fake patriotism to silence any dissent..he is the one who used fearmongering to create the Patriot Act, etc etc...so what about Bush did you support?? Tax cuts?? Wallstreet deregulation?? was all of that worth it?

McCain? We conservatives NEVER liked McCain. He won fair and square (the primaries) and we grudgingly fell into line. He ran a shitty campaign and lost and he was a prick afterwards. Our support and later dislike, was completely the right things to do.

"We conservatives" -- whenever I hear "we conservatives" -- its about to be followed by dumb shit.....Now, you said you supported Bush...and I asked you why....before you even answered that question -- I can already tell you that the same Bush policies you supported would be the same exact policies McCain was going to push...so again, what did you support??

And if it wasn't for the McCain campaign and him rewarding the intellectual rot of America by putting Sarah Palin on the ticket, there would be no Trump presidency...

The sycophancy future Trump voters showed for Sarah is one of the MAIN REASONS a Trump presidency was even thought about....this what I find so ironic about Trumpers hate for McCain....

Romney? We did like him. And we did support him. Then he sided with the leadership in their attempt to fix the primaries and deny the voters their choice. Our support for him then, and our anger at his betrayal is completely justified, both.
Oh, so it was him siding with the leadership against the voters huh?? Cool...

So does that mean we shouldn't be hearing anything about a Ted Cruz presidential run or a Marco Rubio presidential run or the 4 or 5 other possible republican candidates who were ALSO on board with what the RNC did??

kVZRef8.jpg

Bush? I supported Bush. He led US into a war that did not turn out how we hoped. Losing support for that is reasonable. Indeed, it is strange that you think it strange.....

He led us into a disaster that has created more blowback and destabilization than Saddam ever could...second, he did this knowing it was predicated on BS -- third, he did this while having his cult worshipers calling anyone who was "RIGHT ABOUT OPPOSING INVADING IRAQ" a terrorist, a traitor...he is the one who used fake patriotism to silence any dissent..he is the one who used fearmongering to create the Patriot Act, etc etc...so what about Bush did you support?? Tax cuts?? Wallstreet deregulation?? was all of that worth it?

"We conservatives" -- whenever I hear "we conservatives" -- its about to be followed by dumb shit.....Now, you said you supported Bush...and I asked you why....before you even answered that question -- I can already tell you that the same Bush policies you supported would be the same exact policies McCain was going to push...so again, what did you support??

And if it wasn't for the McCain campaign and him rewarding the intellectual rot of America by putting Sarah Palin on the ticket, there would be no Trump presidency...

The sycophancy future Trump voters showed for Sarah is one of the MAIN REASONS a Trump presidency was even thought about....this what I find so ironic about Trumpers hate for McCain....

So does that mean we shouldn't be hearing anything about a Ted Cruz presidential run or a Marco Rubio presidential run or the 4 or 5 other possible republican candidates who were ALSO on board with what the RNC did??

1. So, your hysteria aside, you get my point about Bush. Good. Why did I support him? THnking back, to that election, I don't even remember. Must not had made much of an impact. But better than the alternative.

2. I supported McCain as better than Obama.

3. Cruz and Rubio are certainly damaged goods, from their anti-Trump actions. Any outsiders who did not take part in that, will certainly start out with a big advantage, in my book.

1. So, your hysteria aside, you get my point about Bush. Good. Why did I support him? THnking back, to that election, I don't even remember. Must not had made much of an impact. But better than the alternative.

3. Cruz and Rubio are certainly damaged goods, from their anti-Trump actions. Any outsiders who did not take part in that, will certainly start out with a big advantage, in my book.

Personally I'm good with Cruz
Rubio took a big hit with the gang of 8 nonsense.

Rational people understand that the democrats planned to overthrow the government the moment they realized Trump was elected. All they have to show for it after three years of engaging in a political coup is a lame reference to Trump's future legacy. Ho hum.

Personally I'm good with Cruz
Rubio took a big hit with the gang of 8 nonsense.

CRUZ is starting to earn my forgiveness, with his harsh handling of the press. But if there is anyone against him in the primaries that does not have the record he has of trying to spike the primaries, that will be a huge advantage for the other guy.

Assuming Trump wins in 2020, the next front runner is Pence of course.

Forum List

Back