Let’s not pretend conservatives are banning books in school libraries simply because of graphic sexual content

They scream bloody murder about books sexualizing children but I remember when they demanded Mark Twain be banned. I loved reading Mark Twain

To Think That I saw It On Mulberry Street, one of Dr. Seuss' great classics, banned because it depicts a “Chinese man with lines for eyes, wearing a conical hat and clog shoes, and carrying chopsticks to eat a bowl of rice”, and that is now deemed offensive, but a book that depicts two underage boys engaging in oral sex is OK?

What is wrong with this picture?

They scream bloody murder about books sexualizing children but I remember when they demanded Mark Twain be banned. I loved reading Mark Twain
I bought a couple of copies of the Barnes and Noble classic version of his books. I wanted to be sure my kids can read the actual books, not some sanitized version (if they can even find it).

It really does not matter if an LGBT book being banned has sexual content in it. It will be banned either way. Any mention of a gay relationship is automatically condemned.

This doesn’t just apply to LGBT books. It also applies to books with Black Lives Matter content. Oh the horror!

Conservatives only care about their own free speech - not anyone else’s.

What an absolutely bullshit OP.

How is this in “politics” and not in the rubber room?

To Think That I saw It On Mulberry Street, one of Dr. Seuss' great classics, banned because it depicts a “Chinese man with lines for eyes, wearing a conical hat and clog shoes, and carrying chopsticks to eat a bowl of rice”, and that is now deemed offensive, but a book that depicts two underage boys engaging in oral sex is OK?

What is wrong with this picture?

The Chinese guy wasn't a Pedo?

I bought a couple of copies of the Barnes and Noble classic version of his books. I wanted to be sure my kids can read the actual books, not some sanitized version (if they can even find it).

I still have mine from when I was like eight. All our children have enjoyed Mark Twain

The perverted shit you’re pushing is not behind closed doors dumbass. You want kids exposed to graphic homosexual behavior. In their school library. You are scum and there’s a special chamber in the 9th level waiting for people like you.....
I’m talking about two different things you moron. Regardless of whether or not children are involved, republicans still whine about homosexuality between consenting adults. They still call it “evil” or “immoral” and that’s fucking stupid.

I’m talking about two different things you moron. Regardless of whether or not children are involved, republicans still whine about homosexuality between consenting adults. They still call it “evil” or “immoral” and that’s fucking stupid.
The shithead ^ loves to engage in stereotyping and unqualified over generalizations.

Quit pretending you care about children in general.

Fck off you asshole. I care deeply about all children and the fact YOU lied about your own thread speaks volumes. YOU attempted to use children

Just stay away from kids...I sincerely mean that. I doubt you can be trusted

In fact? All leftists would be wise to avoid topics involving children with me

Fck off you asshole. I care deeply about all children and the fact You lied about your own thread speaks volumes. YOU attempted to use children

Just stay away from kids...I sincerely mean that. I doubt you can be trusted
I’m a straight male who is only attracted to adults. I’m just not a snowflake whiner like you in comparison. It’s simple as that.

Quit pretending you care about children in general.
Obvious to all: shithead ^ is the one pretending.

Lil’ Billie.zip is still merely engaged in his mindless stereotyping campaign on behalf of cheap propaganda for the likes of Alinsky and Soros and Obumbler and the DNC.

"Let's not pretend"? How do you open up a political discussion with something like this? The problem for the left is that they have no moral values so they invent scenarios. A pitiful bunch.

I’m a straight male who is only attracted to adults. I’m just not a snowflake whiner like you in comparison. It’s simple as that.

I never questioned your sexuality, the fact you think you have to announce it makes me wonder

Dude I've been at this far too long for that garbage

If I had a book in high school, it would be either about the history of the Bill of Rights, or alternatively why MacArthur sucked.

If any GOP board bans a book on the history of the Bill of Rights, this will be a different discussion.

I never questioned your sexuality, the fact you think you have to announce it makes me wonder

Dude I've been at this far too long for that garbage
You said I shouldn’t be around kids because you think I am sexually perverted. Don’t be stupid about this. That was a lame attempt at gaslighting lol

You said I shouldn’t be around kids because you think I am sexually perverted. Don’t be stupid about this. That was a lame attempt at gaslighting lol

I never said that either. You're flailing away

Don't start threads you can hold your own

Forum List

Back