Let’s not pretend conservatives are banning books in school libraries simply because of graphic sexual content

I'll throw out a title then: Gender Queer. It would not be allowed on usmessageboard.com, tell us why it should be given to children by school librarians.
I think the reason why those explicit books made it to school libraries in the first place is because no one there read the book or did any research on it. They weren’t intentionally put there.

I think the reason why those explicit books made it to school libraries in the first place is because no one there read the book or did any research on it. They weren’t intentionally put there.
Ok, so that one you would favor banning, then? And maybe advising school librarians to actually read what they are putting on the shelves? Gender Queer is a graphic novel on a junior high level, a school librarian should not find it too challenging or time-consuming to read. The title might tip them off that that particular one is worth screening first.

I'm guessing that if they got a book in called "The Important Role of Privately Owned Firearms in American History and Contemporary American Life," they would not blindly pop it on the shelf.

The idea that "Banning Books!" by not favoring them with tax-funded school library space is automatically wrong is absurd. No librarian claims that she should have no say in which books to stock and which books to not stock. The real question is who is the final authority over that process?

It really does not matter if an LGBT book being banned has sexual content in it. It will be banned either way. Any mention of a gay relationship is automatically condemned.

This doesn’t just apply to LGBT books. It also applies to books with Black Lives Matter content. Oh the horror!

Conservatives only care about their own free speech - not anyone else’s.

Lol, yep they are book burning fascists. Fuck them.

It's like an admission Democrats are putting sexually explicit material in school libraries.

It's like democrats are teaching kids about sexual activities they want them to engage in as adults.

I don't think they even want to wait until they're adults.

A lot of faggots, especially, like them young. One of the worst examples of this forum has expressed unhealthy sexual interest in boys as young as three.

And we're learning of children being groomed, that young, into transsexuality as well.

Its fascinating to see the left accuse the right of being Nazis while the left want to take all guns and support a federal mandate of an experimental gene therapy.

And look at what it is that they are calling us “Nazis” for opposing.

They literally, openly, want to sexually groom, indoctrinate, and exploit young children, and we're being condemned for opposing that.

Modern LIbEralism is truly both a mental disease and a moral disease.

It really does not matter if an LGBT book being banned has sexual content in it. It will be banned either way. Any mention of a gay relationship is automatically condemned.

This doesn’t just apply to LGBT books. It also applies to books with Black Lives Matter content. Oh the horror!

Who’s banning books?

the difference is billy, some people care what kind of shit their kids are being "taught" in school......others like you dont care,just watch them during the day and teach them what you want....i will pick them up at 4......

Uh yeah children that aren’t involved in any sort of sexual activity. As long as the book lacks any explicit sexual or violent material, it is pointless and stupid to ban it.
So, you support the sexual gooming of young children as long as illustrations are not explicit. Thank you for making your position on the subject of sexual grooming so clear.

There goes your summer reading list.

On a more serious note, good parents in general want to protect their children from debauchery in all its forms, as has been the norm for countless centuries across as many cultures. However, I am guessing common sense answers are not what you are looking for.

Forum List

Back