Let's play a game! It's called, who's the REAL racist.

For his first two years, JFK wanted no part of Civil Rights...he just wanted it to go away
It was not until his third year in office that events in the south pushed JFK to where he had to do something

LBJ could have easily killed the Civil Rights bill once he became President. He could have declared his public support and then worked behind the scenes to make sure it never passed. But instead, LBJ used every power he had to make sure it passed...it was his finest hour

Absolutely.

Without LBJ the 1964 Civil Rights Act would not have passed.

This was the third attempt but Republicans to get it passed and the other two time he opposed it. But good try twisting history to make believe the LBJ was its champion.

As I said- without LBJ the 1964 Civil Rights Act would not have passed.

The right wing nut jobs like you do try to propose the bitter white mans revisionist history but the facts are the facts:

The bill was called for by President John F. Kennedy in his civil rights speech of June 11, 1963,[7] in which he asked for legislation "giving all Americans the right to be served in facilities which are open to the public—hotels, restaurants, theaters, retail stores, and similar establishments", as well as "greater protection for the right to vote".

The assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, changed the political situation. Kennedy's successor as president, Lyndon Johnson, made use of his experience in legislative politics, along with the bully pulpit he wielded as president, in support of the bill. In his first address to a joint session of Congress on November 27, 1963, Johnson told the legislators, "No memorial oration or eulogy could more eloquently honor President Kennedy's memory than the earliest possible passage of the civil rights bill for which he fought so long."[12]

The conference bill was passed by both houses of Congress, and was signed into law by President Johnson on July 2, 1964.[19]

It isn't revisionist history. Look up the two previous attempts to pass a civil rights act. You will find LBJ fighting against it. That is real history. The white men who were fighting it were the Democrats.

And the white men who passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act were Democrats and Republicans- more Democrats than Republicans actually, since Democrats were a majority.

Glad they finally came on board after 12 years. Took those asshats long enough.

It's not bigotry to say "All Muslims will be barred"? Yes, of course it is.
That is not what he said. You of course left out one crucial phrase.

UNTIL WE CAN DETERMINE.......
Doesnt make any difference. It is bigotry.

No it's not, it's being prudent and protecting America
Bigotry is prudent? I don't think so.
So don't 'think so' asshole!
It's not 'bigotry' to want to make sure people coming into the country aren't terrorists.
Or doesn't it matter to you that the next time a fucking muslim terrorist decides to murder your family?
It is bigotry if you hold all members of a religion responsible for the actions of a few

You don't need a biography. He was a member of Congress with a lengthy history of racism.
You don't need facts. Character assassination is enough. Go read a biography and come back when you know something.

Nobody needs a politically slanted biography or movie as it is not the truth. His record while in Congress is all you need. It is fact without your liberal revisionist slant.

Keep defending your racist democrats and their political tricks that re-enslaved the blacks.

Johnson was a man born in Texas in the beginning of the 20th century. O f course he used the word n1gger. Everyone from that period and place used the word.
But Johnson started his career teaching poor Mexicans in school and had an affinity for groups who suffered from discrimination.
Your arguments are facile and without substance.

My favorite story about LBJ(and I think I have this right) was about when he was a teacher- and found out that the janitor was illiterate, and either came early or stayed late every day to teach this minority janitor how to read and write.

LBJ was no saint. But he considered the passage of 1964 Civil Rights Act his finest accomplishment.

Then you should support the Trump family as Trump's son Eric has given about 28 million to a children's hospital to take care of sick children. That's a lot more than any Clinton has ever done.

Even with the Clinton Cash, er...Clinton Foundation Fund.

:0) WOW

Exactly how do you propose republicans will "change the demographics back?" I bet you think this country is for white people only, huh? :0) You clowns are still fighting the Civil War .. and still losing. :0)

Since 1932 there have been 13 US presidents .. 7 democrats, 6 republicans. .. I feel like I should write the implications of that in crayon for you. It means that democrats were getting elected as president long before demographics changed. They didn't need make it change when they were winning just as society was. In fact, they were winning by wider margins then they are now. You're fucking stupid.

If you clowns actually had brains, you would have recognized the evolution of the American population long ago .. AND would have known that your infantile racist thoughts would put you in the very position you find yourself in today. But you're stupid .. so you want to blame democrats for your pitiful plight. :lol:

How sad .. woe is you. :lol:

Here .. take this with you :lol:

SNN3002A-682_567929a.jpeg
Can you be any more stupid?

I already told you that Democrats used to win more easily than they do today in a nearly all white America, that was my fucking point. Democrats don't win the same kinds of voters that presidents like Roosevelt won easily because today's Democratic Party is a fucking joke solely relying on demographics to win elections they have absolutely no business winning.

Democrats should be disqualified from running in American elections based on their positions being nothing but treasonous.

Republicans will never win far right racist minorities and Democrats will eventually split or dissolve because of non-white Nazis like you forming your own party anyway.

:0) What a whiny little wuss you are. "Democrats should be disqualified" because racist assholes like you don't like them. :lol: If it wasn't for rhe makeup of the American population, republicans would be winning all the elections. :lol: Ignorant

What fucking difference does it make that democrats aren't getting the same voters they had 50 years ago? .. They're still winning. At one point, nearly all African-Americans were republicans, thus, republicans aren't getting the same voters they had either .. The difference is that republicans are dwindling and can't win a national election .. thus, can't affect the makeup of the Supreme Court.

How about this Susie.. I'll leave you to your sorry ass whining about democrats .. and I'll just keep doing whatever the fuck I want.
Democrats believe America can't have functioning borders to defend its sovereignty. Democrats believe that the 2nd Amendment is outdated. Democrats believe in segregation via "safe spaces". Democrats believe Islam is a peaceful religion while they never stop attacking Christians for being against homosexual relations. Democrats believe in city ordinances overuling federal law("city rights")

Every single belief Democrats currently have is fundamentally against this nation as it was founded, and only those with no understanding of the founding of this nation vote for them.

All Republicans have to do to end your treasonous party is continue to punch back unapologetically until the pedestal comes crashing down and all you inbred retards are exposed for the crackheads you are.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

4-28-2016_01.png

GOP’s Favorability Rating Edges Lower

tswk7tojeyyqdxcuxbwk.jpg

The Republican Party Died Long Before Trump
Articles: The Republican Party Died Long Before Trump

‘Browning Of America’ Is Tearing The GOP Apart
'Browning Of America' Is Tearing The GOP Apart

Crawl away you ignorant clown. :0)
Trump is making the GOP relevant again you moron.

The low approval ratings are a result of both Trump supporters and Democrats hating the Republican Party while Democrats are mindlessly in love with their party despite not liking Hillary very much.

If Trump was the cause or a contributor for the low approval of the GOP then he wouldn't even be in sniping distance of Hillary in ANY national poll.

Even if Republicans never win another national election again Trump will turn the Republican Party into the right wing equivalent of the 60s radicals and we still will be able to forcible change this country indefinitely until the demographics give us political power again. It is our time to "rage against the machine" and "stick it to the man" with civil(and uncivil) disobedience and riots.
Trump is making the Republican Party a laughingstock around the world

My favorite story about LBJ(and I think I have this right) was about when he was a teacher- and found out that the janitor was illiterate, and either came early or stayed late every day to teach this minority janitor how to read and write.

LBJ was no saint. But he considered the passage of 1964 Civil Rights Act his finest accomplishment.

Then you should support the Trump family as Trump's son Eric has given about 28 million to a children's hospital to take care of sick children. That's a lot more than any Clinton has ever done.

I think if Eric Trump did that, he is to be commended.

But he is not LBJ, and Eric Trump didn't pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act., nor did Donald Trump.

No, it was the Republicans who finally got enough pressure on the Democrats to do it. This was the third attempt and it was Dr Martin Luther King who put enough social pressure on the Democrats to force their hand.

What pressure did Republicans bring on Democrats?

Democrats controlled both houses and the Presidency.

You really don't know shit other than liberal talking points. There is a clear history not only in congress but in the social movement under MLK.

Grow up.

And by 'liberal talking points' you mean I keep citing those pesky facts to you.

LBJ publicly pressured Congress to pass the legislation proposed by Kennedy.

Which resulted in a majority of both Democrats and Republicans voting for it.

And then he signed the bill

July 2, 1964

—President Johnson, upon signing the Civil Rights Act- stating:

"This Civil Rights Act is a challenge to all of us to go to work in our communities and our states, in our homes and in our hearts, to eliminate the last vestiges of injustice in our beloved country. So tonight I urge every public official, every religious leader, every business and professional man, every working man, every housewife — I urge every American — to join in this effort to bring justice and hope to all our people, and to bring peace to our land.

"My fellow citizens, we have come now to a time of testing. We must not fail. Let us close the springs of racial poison. Let us pray for wise and understanding hearts. Let us lay aside irrelevant differences and make our nation whole. Let us hasten that day when our unmeasured strength and our unbounded spirit will be free to do the great works ordained for this nation by the just and wise God who is the father of us all."

Absolutely.

Without LBJ the 1964 Civil Rights Act would not have passed.

This was the third attempt but Republicans to get it passed and the other two time he opposed it. But good try twisting history to make believe the LBJ was its champion.

The right wing nut jobs like you do try to propose the bitter white mans revisionist history but the facts are the facts:

The bill was called for by President John F. Kennedy in his civil rights speech of June 11, 1963,[7] in which he asked for legislation "giving all Americans the right to be served in facilities which are open to the public—hotels, restaurants, theaters, retail stores, and similar establishments", as well as "greater protection for the right to vote".

The assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, changed the political situation. Kennedy's successor as president, Lyndon Johnson, made use of his experience in legislative politics, along with the bully pulpit he wielded as president, in support of the bill. In his first address to a joint session of Congress on November 27, 1963, Johnson told the legislators, "No memorial oration or eulogy could more eloquently honor President Kennedy's memory than the earliest possible passage of the civil rights bill for which he fought so long."[12]

The conference bill was passed by both houses of Congress, and was signed into law by President Johnson on July 2, 1964.[19]

It isn't revisionist history. Look up the two previous attempts to pass a civil rights act. You will find LBJ fighting against it. That is real history. The white men who were fighting it were the Democrats.

And the white men who passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act were Democrats and Republicans- more Democrats than Republicans actually, since Democrats were a majority.

And the white men who passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act were Democrats and Republicans- more Democrats than Republicans actually, since Democrats were a majority

I glad that everyone who came on board came on board.

It was LBJ's finest moment.

thats about 180 degrees fro the truth. Kennedy pushed it and Johnson was onboard. He had to shame the Republicans into supporting in. Go read Caro's book before you sound stupid again.

Johnson opposed the first two attempts at civil rights while in Congress and advised Kennedy to stay away from the issue.

LBJ was the single person most responsible for the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and considered the signing of the Act his greatest achievement.

No but he was instrumental in getting the Dems to vote for it. Dr Martin Luther King was the single most instrumental man.

July 2, 1964

"This Civil Rights Act is a challenge to all of us to go to work in our communities and our states, in our homes and in our hearts, to eliminate the last vestiges of injustice in our beloved country. So tonight I urge every public official, every religious leader, every business and professional man, every working man, every housewife — I urge every American — to join in this effort to bring justice and hope to all our people, and to bring peace to our land.

"My fellow citizens, we have come now to a time of testing. We must not fail. Let us close the springs of racial poison. Let us pray for wise and understanding hearts. Let us lay aside irrelevant differences and make our nation whole. Let us hasten that day when our unmeasured strength and our unbounded spirit will be free to do the great works ordained for this nation by the just and wise God who is the father of us all."

Caro: The reason it’s questioned is that for no less than 20 years in Congress, from 1937 to 1957, Johnson’s record was on the side of the South. He not only voted with the South on civil rights, but he was a southern strategist, but in 1957, he changes and pushes through the first civil rights bill since Reconstruction. He always had this true, deep compassion to help poor people and particularly poor people of color, but even stronger than the compassion was his ambition. But when the two aligned, when compassion and ambition finally are pointing in the same direction, then Lyndon Johnson becomes a force for racial justice, unequalled certainly since Lincoln.

Similarly, White House spokesman Eric Schultz answered our request for information with emailed excerpts from Means of Ascent, the second volume of Caro’s books on Johnson.

The introduction to the book says that as Johnson became president in 1963, some civil rights leaders were not convinced of Johnson’s good faith, due to his voting record. "He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill – against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote. "Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

We found that excerpt in the book as well as these vignettes:

--In 1947, after President Harry S Truman sent Congress proposals against lynching and segregation in interstate transportation, Johnson called the proposed civil rights program a "farce and a sham--an effort to set up a police state in the guise of liberty."

--In his 1948 speech in Austin kicking off his Senate campaign, Johnson declared he was against Truman’s attempt to end the poll tax because, Johnson said, "it is the province of the state to run its own elections." Johnson also was against proposals against lynching "because the federal government," Johnson said, "has no more business enacting a law against one form of murder than against another."

Next, we asked an expert in the offices of the U.S. Senate to check on Johnson’s votes on civil rights measures as a lawmaker. By email, Betty Koed, an associate historian for the Senate, said that according to information compiled by the Senate Library, in "the rare cases when" such "bills came to a roll call vote, it appears that" Johnson "consistently voted against" them or voted to stop consideration.

who is 'we'?

You appear to be quoting someone- but who- and what their point of view is- I don't know.

Or maybe you are referring to yourself as the royal 'we'?

I already told you that Democrats used to win more easily than they do today in a nearly all white America, that was my fucking point. Democrats don't win the same kinds of voters that presidents like Roosevelt won easily because today's Democratic Party is a fucking joke solely relying on demographics to win elections they have absolutely no business winning.

Democrats should be disqualified from running in American elections based on their positions being nothing but treasonous.

Republicans will never win far right racist minorities and Democrats will eventually split or dissolve because of non-white Nazis like you forming your own party anyway.

:0) What a whiny little wuss you are. "Democrats should be disqualified" because racist assholes like you don't like them. :lol: If it wasn't for rhe makeup of the American population, republicans would be winning all the elections. :lol: Ignorant

What fucking difference does it make that democrats aren't getting the same voters they had 50 years ago? .. They're still winning. At one point, nearly all African-Americans were republicans, thus, republicans aren't getting the same voters they had either .. The difference is that republicans are dwindling and can't win a national election .. thus, can't affect the makeup of the Supreme Court.

How about this Susie.. I'll leave you to your sorry ass whining about democrats .. and I'll just keep doing whatever the fuck I want.
Democrats believe America can't have functioning borders to defend its sovereignty. Democrats believe that the 2nd Amendment is outdated. Democrats believe in segregation via "safe spaces". Democrats believe Islam is a peaceful religion while they never stop attacking Christians for being against homosexual relations. Democrats believe in city ordinances overuling federal law("city rights")

Every single belief Democrats currently have is fundamentally against this nation as it was founded, and only those with no understanding of the founding of this nation vote for them.

All Republicans have to do to end your treasonous party is continue to punch back unapologetically until the pedestal comes crashing down and all you inbred retards are exposed for the crackheads you are.

4-28-2016_01.png

tswk7tojeyyqdxcuxbwk.jpg

The low approval ratings are a result of both Trump supporters and Democrats hating the Republican Party while Democrats are mindlessly in love with their party despite not liking Hillary very much.

If Trump was the cause or a contributor for the low approval of the GOP then he wouldn't even be in sniping distance of Hillary in ANY national poll.

Even if Republicans never win another national election again Trump will turn the Republican Party into the right wing equivalent of the 60s radicals and we still will be able to forcible change this country indefinitely until the demographics give us political power again. It is our time to "rage against the machine" and "stick it to the man" with civil(and uncivil) disobedience and riots.

He is indeed good brother ..

.. but check this out .. thoughts? :0)

And the white men who passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act were Democrats and Republicans- more Democrats than Republicans actually, since Democrats were a majority

Indeed it was.

Indeed it was.

Too bad almost everything else he did was total shit. His legacy will be the Americans who bled and died in a foreign country while he made arbitrary rules of engagement instead of winning. Vietnam and a failed war on poverty that increased poverty are not his finest moments.

Indeed it was.

Too bad almost everything else he did was total shit. His legacy will be the Americans who bled and died in a foreign country while he made arbitrary rules of engagement instead of winning. Vietnam and a failed war on poverty that increased poverty are not his finest moments.
War on poverty did what was intended
Ease the suffering of the poor and provide educational and jobs training

4-28-2016_01.png

tswk7tojeyyqdxcuxbwk.jpg

The rest of the world IS a laughingstock.

Why do you think America has to be the world's policeman all the time?

4-28-2016_01.png

tswk7tojeyyqdxcuxbwk.jpg

Very true...and they are terrified that the policeman is batshit crazy

4-28-2016_01.png

tswk7tojeyyqdxcuxbwk.jpg

Like they are in any position to judge.

4-28-2016_01.png

tswk7tojeyyqdxcuxbwk.jpg

Like they are in any position to judge.
They know batshit crazy when they see it

Nobody needs a politically slanted biography or movie as it is not the truth. His record while in Congress is all you need. It is fact without your liberal revisionist slant.

Keep defending your racist democrats and their political tricks that re-enslaved the blacks.

Johnson was a man born in Texas in the beginning of the 20th century. O f course he used the word n1gger. Everyone from that period and place used the word.
But Johnson started his career teaching poor Mexicans in school and had an affinity for groups who suffered from discrimination.
Your arguments are facile and without substance.

I think if Eric Trump did that, he is to be commended.

But he is not LBJ, and Eric Trump didn't pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act., nor did Donald Trump.

No, it was the Republicans who finally got enough pressure on the Democrats to do it. This was the third attempt and it was Dr Martin Luther King who put enough social pressure on the Democrats to force their hand.

You clearly know nothing about this.
Republicans didnt care about civil rights for blacks because most Republicans represented states with few blacks.

thats about 180 degrees fro the truth. Kennedy pushed it and Johnson was onboard. He had to shame the Republicans into supporting in. Go read Caro's book before you sound stupid again.

Johnson opposed the first two attempts at civil rights while in Congress and advised Kennedy to stay away from the issue.

LBJ was the single person most responsible for the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and considered the signing of the Act his greatest achievement.

No but he was instrumental in getting the Dems to vote for it. Dr Martin Luther King was the single most instrumental man.

July 2, 1964

Caro: The reason it’s questioned is that for no less than 20 years in Congress, from 1937 to 1957, Johnson’s record was on the side of the South. He not only voted with the South on civil rights, but he was a southern strategist, but in 1957, he changes and pushes through the first civil rights bill since Reconstruction. He always had this true, deep compassion to help poor people and particularly poor people of color, but even stronger than the compassion was his ambition. But when the two aligned, when compassion and ambition finally are pointing in the same direction, then Lyndon Johnson becomes a force for racial justice, unequalled certainly since Lincoln.

Similarly, White House spokesman Eric Schultz answered our request for information with emailed excerpts from Means of Ascent, the second volume of Caro’s books on Johnson.

The introduction to the book says that as Johnson became president in 1963, some civil rights leaders were not convinced of Johnson’s good faith, due to his voting record. "He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill – against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote. "Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

We found that excerpt in the book as well as these vignettes:

--In 1947, after President Harry S Truman sent Congress proposals against lynching and segregation in interstate transportation, Johnson called the proposed civil rights program a "farce and a sham--an effort to set up a police state in the guise of liberty."

--In his 1948 speech in Austin kicking off his Senate campaign, Johnson declared he was against Truman’s attempt to end the poll tax because, Johnson said, "it is the province of the state to run its own elections." Johnson also was against proposals against lynching "because the federal government," Johnson said, "has no more business enacting a law against one form of murder than against another."

Next, we asked an expert in the offices of the U.S. Senate to check on Johnson’s votes on civil rights measures as a lawmaker. By email, Betty Koed, an associate historian for the Senate, said that according to information compiled by the Senate Library, in "the rare cases when" such "bills came to a roll call vote, it appears that" Johnson "consistently voted against" them or voted to stop consideration.
Thanks for proving my point.
You are dismissed.

Indeed it was.

War on poverty did what was intended
Ease the suffering of the poor and provide educational and jobs training

Better check your stats. There are more people below the poverty line now than every. More people unemployed than every. More people needing assistance than ever. That money didn't go toward ending poverty. It went to increasing the number of people who are dependent on government.

Forum List

Back