🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's Play Two! Ernie Banks Dies

Ernie Banks was a superb athlete, a magnificent ball player, and conducted himself with dignity. RIP.

I was lucky enough to see Ernie as a visiting player at Candlestick Park in 1964

He was a total class act.

I saw Mays play in '70. :bowdown:
I saw Mays a few times in the 60's. Once in 1969 on his birthday, May 6, at St Louis. The Cardinals presented him with a lighted birthday cake when he came to the plate and the entire crowd sang Happy Birthday to him.
Then Bob Gibson proceeded to strike him out swinging, the last pitch resulting in an injured side muscle that kept Mays out of the lineup for several games.

I was lucky enough to see Ernie as a visiting player at Candlestick Park in 1964

I saw Mays a few times in the 60's. Once in 1969 on his birthday, May 6, at St Louis. The Cardinals presented him with a lighted birthday cake when he came to the plate and the entire crowd sang Happy Birthday to him.
Then Bob Gibson proceeded to strike him out swinging, the last pitch resulting in an injured side muscle that kept Mays out of the lineup for several games.

Saw Koufax, Wills, Hodges, Snyder and gang against Mays, Cepeda, and McCovey in 1959. Koufax struck out 18, and McCovey (a rookie) hit a homer to dead center in the Colosseum, a colossal shot.

I was only a little boy, but I will always remember the magic of stepping inside of Candlestick for the first time then. And my dad must have known what game to go to because before I knew it, I saw the best thing ever, when Mays got hit number 3,000, and we got free tickets because of it to another game.

Yea, the Giants were something special back then.

I was only a little boy, but I will always remember the magic of stepping inside of Candlestick for the first time ..........

and pulling your jacket tight!

Probably, my most memorable game was when Chris Speier hit for the cycle and the Giants scored over 20 runs. It must have been in the late 80s some time, but it was downright HOT at the Stick that day.

Forum List

Back