Let's put an end to this nonsense once & for all

Do you think that an ex convict is incapable of making rational decisions or choices as it pertains

• Yes

• No

• I made some amazing smoked chicken today!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This thread is garbage. There's no pineapple option. :p
Tomorrow I'm making a ham with cloves & pineapple. Check in then?
What, no honey glaze or toilet wine?
Wtf is toilet wine?

would-u-like-some-merlot-i-made-it-in-the-toilet.jpg

my bad i thought it was about felons and voting rights......
It was SUPPOSED to be about wisdom & judgment. As usual I fucked it up lol

In that case, it varies. I would say yes. But then there are most certainly ones who are wholly incapable of being rehabilitated... they will continue making the same decisions no matter what happens to them.

Perhaps I should have done a write-in... with "sort of".

As it pertains to politics?

So many of you know I am a VOTING, and boisterous ex con. I served my time, learned my "lesson" and became one of the few that reintigrated into society.

Put aside your political bias about different states passing or suggesting that ex prisoners be allowed to vote. Do you believe my experience makes my opinion or vote somehow less valuable than yours? I'm not talking about the "right" to vote, I'm talking about opinions & wisdom.

So many of you think my status is a reason to ridicule or insult. More often than not I see those insults as an inability to respond coherently to an argument I've made.

Don't waste your time. There is nothing worth saving. If after THIS primary cycle you can't see the futility of it all you really have learned nothing.

Votes are used to validate pre determined outcomes in America to maintain the status quo and keep Americans good consumers.

Just be thankful they haven't YET stolen your SSI.

In that case, it varies. I would say yes. But then there are most certainly ones who are wholly incapable of being rehabilitated... they will continue making the same decisions no matter what happens to them.

Very true. I wasn't there for long (3 years) and I saw many people come right back after getting paroled. But I digress, that's why I said "capable"

The VAST majority of people in prison are there for victimless crimes and are simply there for violating an act, statute or code passed by this corporate entity that isn't even a legitimate "gubermint". The crooks in charge are passing judgement on others...it's a fucking joke in search of a punchline. People in jail for drugs more than likely got them because the CIA is flying them into the country. They have fucked the monetary system up so bad that they couldn't fill up the ATMs with actual paper without the cash only business that is the drug trade. I wouldn't sign up to vote in one of their crooked elections even at gunpoint. ...you see, you have to check the box that says you are a "U.S citizen" which means you are giving up your right to being an American to that of being a subject/employee of USA.INC whose headquarters are in Washington, D.C.....they can kiss my hairy ass 8 ways to Sunday. I pledge NO loyalty to these parasitic crooks, liar and thieves.

As it pertains to politics?

So many of you know I am a VOTING, and boisterous ex con. I served my time, learned my "lesson" and became one of the few that reintigrated into society.

Put aside your political bias about different states passing or suggesting that ex prisoners be allowed to vote. Do you believe my experience makes my opinion or vote somehow less valuable than yours? I'm not talking about the "right" to vote, I'm talking about opinions & wisdom.

So many of you think my status is a reason to ridicule or insult. More often than not I see those insults as an inability to respond coherently to an argument I've made.

I believe they will vote in their best interests, even as I do.

If their interests are criminal, they should not be permitted to vote.

If you learned your lesson, more power to you. Welcome back. Vote away.

Barring neurological issues, I disagree. Recidivism isn't caused by a personality type, it's caused by many, many factors - including the bias against felons in terms of becoming functioning members of society.

Revoking voting rights and putting that checkbox on job applications are all part of that.

The VAST majority of people in prison are there for victimless crimes and are simply there for violating an act, statute or code passed by this corporate entity that isn't even a legitimate "gubermint". The crooks in charge are passing judgement on others...it's a fucking joke in search of a punchline. People in jail for drugs more than likely got them because the CIA is flying them into the country. They have fucked the monetary system up so bad that they couldn't fill up the ATMs with actual paper without the cash only business that is the drug trade. I wouldn't sign up to vote in one of their crooked elections even at gunpoint. ...you see, you have to check the box that says you are a "U.S citizen" which means you are giving up your right to being an American to that of being a subject/employee of USA.INC whose headquarters are in Washington, D.C.....they can kiss my hairy ass 8 ways to Sunday. I pledge NO loyalty to these parasitic crooks, liar and thieves.
That is complete horseshit the media has fed you hook line & sinker.

Trust me, I know. Been there, done that. There are a FEW who don't belong there or fell through the cracks but by & large most of them deserve their time. And that meme about pot users going to prison is the biggest crock of shit ever sold on the subject.

Trust me, I know. Been there, done that. There are a FEW who don't belong there or fell through the cracks but by & large most of them deserve their time. And that meme about pot users going to prison is the biggest crock of shit ever sold on the subject.

In federal prison were the ones are doing hard time? I agree...but the vast majority did not harm anyone.

Barring neurological issues, I disagree. Recidivism isn't caused by a personality type, it's caused by many, many factors - including the bias against felons in terms of becoming functioning members of society.

Revoking voting rights and putting that checkbox on job applications are all part of that.
That check box is a killer. I am grandfathered in on Angie's List but Home Advisors calls us EVERY Couple weeks begging us to sign up with them. I jumped through all their hoops till the documents came in the mail. It is a nail in the coffin of becoming institutionalized for many convicts.

In federal prison were the ones are doing hard time? I agree...but the vast majority did not harm anyone.
It isn't about "harm"

It's about following the laws of the nation.

So, I'm curious, at what point do we stop trying? I was just looking at some NIJ statistics from 2005 which followed 405,000 prisoners who were released from jail. Nearly 67% fell to recidivism in the first three years after release, with 75% of them doing so five years after. To me it takes up so much time and taxpayer money to continue rehabilitating people who continually violate the law despite our best efforts...could it be the efficacy of the treatment?

Recidivism | National Institute of Justice

I think people serving time should still have the right to vote. When government can lock people away and prevent them from having a voice, the potential for abuse of the same people is insurmountable.

Forum List

Back