Zone1 Let's Talk About "Merit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Because people are more than their ethnic group. I never great a black person with, "Hey, Negro!" I usually use their name, if I know it. The fact that the first thing you see when you encounter a black person is their race and assume they are your inferior because Jamal spanked you on the playing field once, that's kind of on you.

Which means I hit close to home. No one is this hateful without a reason.
Something very bad happened to your self-esteem you haven't gotten over it, and you need to dig up old useless racists like Jensen and Murray to feel better about yourself.

A bit of wisdom, for what little it will profit you.
As Malachy McCourt once said, “Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”

Which two generations were those? Certainly not the last two, where things have actually kind of gotten worse for them. There was maybe a whole decade where White people weren't acting like complete shits before Ronnie Ray-gun came along and started appealing to the worst in people like you.

Naw, it hits the nail on the head. I'm guessing a woman was involved.
During the last two generations blacks have been discriminated in favor of with affirmative action programs. Trillions of dollars of white tax money have been spent raising illegitimate black children.

Where is there any evidence of intrinsic racial equality? Post it. Let's discuss it.

During the last two generations blacks have been discriminated in favor of with affirmative action programs.

Not really. First, quotas were abandoned almost immediately, pretty much after the Bakke decision.

Trillions of dollars of white tax money have been spent raising illegitimate black children.
May more trillions went to white people with both welfare and middle class entitlements.

Where is there any evidence of intrinsic racial equality? Post it. Let's discuss it.
Is there any intrinsic evidence that Jamal wasn't real? Post it. Let's discuss it.

I also notice that whenever we get close to what your resentment against black people really comes from, you go into the rote rhetoric...

Come on, tell us true. What horrible thing happened in your life that has this much hate behind it.

Not really. First, quotas were abandoned almost immediately, pretty much after the Bakke decision.

May more trillions went to white people with both welfare and middle class entitlements.

Is there any intrinsic evidence that Jamal wasn't real? Post it. Let's discuss it.
I am sure that there are black ghetto thugs named Jamal. Some are in prison. Others deserve to be. I have never known any. No self respecting white or East Asian woman would give garbage like that time of day.

Now, where is there evidence that blacks on the average have the same native intelligence as whites on the average? I am not interested in excuses for why the evidence does not exist. I want evidence that intrinsic racial equality does exist. You want to keep throwing good money after wasted money to find a way to close the race gap. Why should we keep trying when every single effort to date has failed?

I am sure that there are black ghetto thugs named Jamal. Some are in prison. Others deserve to be. I have never known any. No self respecting white or East Asian woman would give garbage like that time of day.

So come on, on a scale of 1-10, how angry does this make you?
1686786588630.jpeg

Why does it make you angry?
I'm trying to help you heal, man.

Now, where is there evidence that blacks on the average have the same native intelligence as whites on the average?

Why do you have a qualifier as "Native Intelligence"? Why is "average" so important to you? I mean, I'm sure you've been described as "average" most of your life, which is why you cling to your racial identity to feel better.

Exactly. Because people are more than their ethnic group. I never great a black person with, "Hey, Negro!" I usually use their name, if I know it...

Lol! Anytime the lie right wing white racists believe is exposed and they can't face it or are not adult enough to admit it, then we get the whining about seeing color and the "I am colorblind" lie. This doesn't happen when whites here assess IQ's on a whole race, or when the racists choose to hijack topic to talk about their perception of the entire black race via black crime or black families. The simple truth is that whites have very little based on merit alone and that more white college students who are not qualified are admitted into universities over more qualified peeople of color.

Exactly. Because people are more than their ethnic group. I never great a black person with, "Hey, Negro!" I usually use their name, if I know it...

Lol! Anytime the lie right wing white racists believe is exposed and they can't face it or are not adult enough to admit it, then we get the whining about seeing color and the "I am colorblind" lie. This doesn't happen when whites here assess IQ's on a whole race, or when the racists choose to hijack topic to talk about their perception of the entire black race via black crime or black families. The simple truth is that whites have very little based on merit alone and that more white college students who are not qualified are admitted into universities over more qualified peeople of color.
A person of your stature with all the Non-Profits you "helped start", surely you would have clout with changing "Legacy Admissions" policies at Ivy Leagues. If that's where you think the "Racism" is happening, then go after them don't smear all White people for Legacy Admission practices.

Is a racist douchenoodle who was debunked decades ago.
The following chart substantiates the argument Professor Arthur Jensen expressed in his Harvard Educational Review 1969 article. Professor Jensen said little could be done to improve test scores and academic performance. Little has been done despite much money spent to achieve that.

schoolcost2.gif

So come on, on a scale of 1-10, how angry does this make you?
View attachment 795248
Why does it make you angry?
I'm trying to help you heal, man.

Why do you have a qualifier as "Native Intelligence"? Why is "average" so important to you? I mean, I'm sure you've been described as "average" most of your life, which is why you cling to your racial identity to feel better.

Joe is about as average as it gets.

Okay, but it goes back to that fundamental question about whether equality means everybody gets three strikes or now blacks must get 4 and whites get 2. I personally think that free undergrad at any public college or university would resolve much of this affirmative action issue since about half of the top 30 universities are private universities and that is where you will see this legacy stuff more pronounced.
Consider the truth instead of posting jibberish. Whites get 300 strikes while blacks and other people of color get 3.

Consider the truth instead of posting jibberish. Whites get 300 strikes while blacks and other people of color get 3.

Sorry you cannot choose your skin color, but you also cannot choose your facts. "People of color" have just lost there precious quotas and now are going to have to stop playing the culture of lowered expectations game if they want to become educated.

Sorry you cannot choose your skin color, but you also cannot choose your facts. "People of color" have just lost there precious quotas and now are going to have to stop playing the culture of lowered expectations game if they want to become educated.
Maybe now that they realize admission standards won’t be lowered for them, they will buckle down and work for good grades and scores in high school.

A prime example of the length and consistency of a big lie is the distortion of Affirmative Action. Whites have been given what the right complains about blacks getting since the beginning of this country. The discomfort some whites have in recognizing how they benefit from race-based law and policy is evident in any discussion a person of color has with a person who opposes equal rights legislation. Do they not understand how long whites were hired, promoted, admitted into colleges, and even allowed citizenship rights only because of the color of their skin? Do they not question the qualifications of white legacy students?

While Harvard is currently gearing up for a lawsuit around affirmative action and discriminatory admissions policies against Asian Americans, the real vector for race-based discrimination goes on unchallenged: white privilege. While white privilege operates at every level of society, the case against affirmative action cleverly hides how white privilege influences college admissions specifically. This article will answer the question what is white privilege, and will explain how it is pertinent within the discussion of affirmative action and college admissions. To conclude the article, a discussion of how our understanding of white privilege can be rectified in concrete ways to help end racial discrimination in college admissions. The central argument of this article is that white privilege affects admissions in three crucial ways: the importance placed on legacy admissions and connections, affluence-restricted athletics, and wealth.

Before we can analyze how white privilege affects admissions, it is important to examine what white privilege means. Francis E. Kendall, author of Understanding White Privilege, explains white privilege as “having greater access to power and resources than people of color [in the same situation] do”. There are two main aspects of white privilege that have been identified over the last 50 years: 1) legal and systemic advantages, or overt white privilege 2) subconscious, psychological prejudice. As Cory Collins writes in his article “What is White Privilege, Really?”, “white privilege is both unconsciously enjoyed and consciously perpetuated. It is both on the surface and deeply embedded into American life”. This dual thrust of white privilege is critical to understanding how white privilege operates both visibly and behind the scenes. While there are some overt policies that can be directly critiqued as favoring whites, the subtle ways that white privilege operates can be much harder to identify. Within the realm of college admissions, both forms of white privilege operate in equal measure.

The first way that white privilege impacts admissions is through overt admissions preference through legacy admissions. To contextualize, legacy admissions are defined as “the boost that most private colleges and universities give to the children of alumni”. The the list of schools that place weight on legacy status include: Harvard, the University of Pennsylvania, Dartmouth, Cornell, Georgetown, the University of Southern California and the University of Virginia. These students who are eligible for legacy consideration are called “legacies”, and they are “admitted at twice the rate of other applicants at some universities, and average SAT scores for legacies are, in some cases, [are] lower than the average scores of their peers”.

While legacy admissions are not overtly racialized, Richard D. Kahlenberg explains that these advantages overwhelming benefit white students: “legacy preferences disproportionately benefit white students to the detriment of AsianAmerican, African-American, and Hispanic students… only 7.6% of legacy admits in 2002 were underrepresented minorities, compared with 17.8% of all students”. To drive this point home even further, while “Asian Americans composed 15.7% of all Harvard applicant [they only represented] 3.5% of alumni children”. While legacy admissions could benefit any student who has family that attended the university, research shows that legacy admissions disproportionately benefit white students. As a result, they form one arm of white privilege’s impact on admissions. In concurrence with legacy admission, elite private universities also place a large amount of weight on the connections of a student and there family. For example, “at the University of Texas at Austin, an investigation found that recommendations from state legislators and other influential people helped underqualified students gain acceptance to the school”. These preferences thus elevate “predominantly white, affluent applicants”.

‘Affirmative Action’ For Wealthy, White Students: Why Colleges’ Legacy Admissions Must End Now​

In 1963, Duke University admitted its first five Black undergraduates.

When I walked onto campus as a freshman 29 years later, most of my Black classmates and I were still the first in our families to attend the prestigious university. We—like many lower-income students across racial and ethnic backgrounds and first-generation college students—could not benefit from the legacy preference that was extended to our white, wealthier peers—a privilege bestowed upon applicants whose parents or grandparents are alum of the school.

While the United States Supreme Court prepares to decide whether race-based affirmative action should persist, legacy admissions—essentially “affirmative action” for wealthy and white students—remain untouched.

It’s time to demand colleges and universities end the unfair, unjust, and unearned privilege of legacy admissions that has excluded students of color and low-income students for decades.

Among the top 30 universities, legacy students have a 45% greater chance of being admitted than non-legacy students and fill between 10% and 25% of all available slots in an incoming class
Merit means merit. Thread closed.

Once again you are lying. Your talk is total bullshit and jibberish. You can’t back it up with anything truthful,

Quotas never existed. They wwere ruled out in Bakke. Now you're right in the fact that you can't chhoose your facts and the faacts are that white women benefitted the moost from the policy and that if quuotas would hhaavee beenn legal they would havvee been 70 percent whiite.. We will continue playing the culture of low expectations by automatically admitting white legacy students.

Quotas never existed. They wwere ruled out in Bakke. Now you're right in the fact that you can't chhoose your facts and the faacts are that white women benefitted the moost from the policy and that if quuotas would hhaavee beenn legal they would havvee been 70 percent whiite.. We will continue playing the culture of low expectations by automatically admitting white legacy students.

Legacy students do not get automatically admitted nor are only whites legacy students. And we will continue playing the culture of low expectations by automatically admitting anybody who can break a tackle or put the ball through the hoop more times than they miss.

Legacy students do not get automatically admitted nor are only whites legacy students. And we will continue playing the culture of low expectations by automatically admitting anybody who can break a tackle or put the ball through the hoop more times than they miss.
Yes white legacy students do get automatically accepted. And they are part of the fine white racist culture of low expectationns.

The history and long-term impact of legacy admissions

Prestigious schools began more heavily weighting “legacy” applications in the 1920s to respond to a spike in applications after World War I. At the time, schools were trying to keep from being flooded with immigrants and Jews. During the 1960s civil rights movement, as these same schools began admitting Black students, they amended these policies to minimize the number of Black students admitted. From the start, legacy policies successfully limited the percentages of non-Whites and non-Protestants in the student body.

With legacy admissions artificially keeping the percentage of White students high, these colleges and universities thus became what sociologist Victor Ray calls “racialized organizations,” where race shapes the institutions’ policies and practices in ways that mimic and reinforce society’s racial hierarchies. Race shapes who is present and who is not in higher education, how resources are allocated, the potential postgraduate return on students’ educational investment, and what experiences people have on campus.

The history of racial exclusion means that most legacy students at elite institutions continue to be White. For instance, nearly 70 percent of legacy applicants to Harvard are White.

Just face it,, whites like you can't make it without the government excluding competition.

Let's see, Whites overtly got Affirmative Action from 1776 until 1965.

189 years.

But 59 years is enough for people of color to catch up. And in that 59 years, the government gave us no land, likee the Homestead Act, nor did they enact a series of economic stimulus programs such as the New Deal or Servicemens Readjustment Act that excluded whites and the benefit went only to groups of color.

Equity. Equality of outcome. Social engineering. We have seen all these terms used by a particular part of the white community pertaining to things that were made to try creating equal oppoetuhity. But in reality America has been socially engineered to create the best equality of outcomes for white people.

Let's see, Whites overtly got Affirmative Action from 1776 until 1965.
We made this country. Orientals tend to perform better than we do. Therefore, they are more usually more prosperous. If you don't like the way things are, move to a country people of your race built. Negroes are usually worse off in those countries than in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back