🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's Talk About This Obamacare Thing Nicely

In 2007, before the dupes were told how much they love our system, every other modern country had over 80 per cent approval , US 34 per cent...

Is your company included- why are you so pissed lol...You're a real fount of ZIP...

What YOU don't know about the ACA would fill volumes.

Premiums have sky rockted moron, deuctibles have sky rocketed.....more money, less care...whats not to love?

It will take a time for the bugs to be worked out and even as they are improved changes will be taking place. America is still working on Social Security and it has been about sixty years since passage, and so it will be with Obamacare. Social Security went through the same process, it was called all the same names with all the dire predictions as ACA but it is now part of America. So it will be with our new medical care program.

It will take a time for the bugs to be worked out and even as they are improved changes will be taking place. America is still working on Social Security and it has been about sixty years since passage, and so it will be with Obamacare. Social Security went through the same process, it was called all the same names with all the dire predictions as ACA but it is now part of America. So it will be with our new medical care program.

Not sure I fully agree with your comparison because Social Security is quite a bit simpler and straightforward. Obamacare is much more complex and far-reaching.

Again, just don't like the idea of being forced to buy an insurance plan from a private company (or get fined). Also, just don't think we have the cash right now to pay for an expansion of the Medicaid program, and don't think that's too crazy of a thing to say given our currently level of debt and continuing budget deficit.

Also, I think it perpetuates (again) this very expensive and costly "insurance" system that dominates our medical industry; if consumers remain unconcerned/unaware about price, that price will simply continue to rise. Doesn't that make sense?

We need to do away with elements of insurance, and start encouraging people to pay out of pocket for everyday checkups/etc.

Last edited:
I don’t like the idea of being forced to buy insurance, and the options they provide (based on what I’ve seen) cost at a minimum $250/month for a crappy plan or face a penalty (only $100 in yr 1, but skyrockets to $500 after that). Too, seems like a really f’ing good deal for the insurance companies (lol). How about Audi and our Gov’t draft a bill that forces every American to buy at least 1 car?

I can see why you think this and I actually kind of agree that you shouldn't be forced to by insurance. That should be a choice made on your own, not by the government.

the reason our health care is so hight is because of people like you who feel that the government shouldn't make you buy it ... to many people come into the emergency rooms rack up a huge debt .. the they don't pay it ... then the guy who does pay for it his rates goes up...

Although it can be argued that the idea of expanding Medicaid is a noble one, the fact is that we’re $17 trillion in debt. It’s not the time for this, and I’m also not a huge fan of creating more State-dependents who were at one point on the cusp of becoming self-sufficient.

the 17 trillion of debt has no stake in health care the citizens pay for it not the tax payer ... its not free like you've been told...

I don't think a lack of free medical insurance will make people self-sufficient on its own to be quite honest. I also don't believe that expanding Medicaid will decrease people's self-sufficiency. The debt is an issue though, I suppose.

here you go again with this free medical insurance ... its not free at all ... you pay for your own insurance ... there are some who don't qualify for it and they are put on medicaid ... which is paid for out of your pay check...

I don’t like the idea that businesses w/over 50 employees will be forced to provide insurance to full-timers. A 50 person company isn’t all that huge, by comparison, and I think this is going to result in hours getting cut, people getting laid off, and (formerly profitable) companies being forced to close their doors. Is this worth shutting down profitable businesses? I don't think so.
then raise their prices if they can't afford it
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...cares-impact-on-jobs-likely-to-be-minimal.ece
companies that has used obama care for their employees have discovered they are almost paying 50% less... in my case I'm paying 50% less then I was

Last edited:
I don’t like the idea of being forced to buy insurance, and the options they provide (based on what I’ve seen) cost at a minimum $250/month for a crappy plan or face a penalty (only $100 in yr 1, but skyrockets to $500 after that). Too, seems like a really f’ing good deal for the insurance companies (lol). How about Audi and our Gov’t draft a bill that forces every American to buy at least 1 car?

Wrong. and that mistake is typical - media tend to lie and people tend not to check themselves. 95$ or 1% of your income, whichever is BIGGER.
If your income is 9500$ per year - you are BELOW federal poverty level for poverty for the year 2013 and are eligible for medicaid, foodstamps and welfare :D
so there is no way ANYBODY will pay 95$ fine :)

Last edited:
i don’t like the idea of being forced to buy insurance, and the options they provide (based on what i’ve seen) cost at a minimum $250/month for a crappy plan or face a penalty (only $100 in yr 1, but skyrockets to $500 after that). Too, seems like a really f’ing good deal for the insurance companies (lol). How about audi and our gov’t draft a bill that forces every american to buy at least 1 car?

i can see why you think this and i actually kind of agree that you shouldn't be forced to by insurance. That should be a choice made on your own, not by the government.

the reason our health care is so hight is because of people like you who feel that the government shouldn't make you buy it ... To many people come into the emergency rooms rack up a huge debt .. The they don't pay it ... Then the guy who does pay for it his rates goes up...

damn some of these people are stupid.

the 17 trillion of debt has no stake in health care the citizens pay for it not the tax payer ... Its not free like you've been told...

i don't think a lack of free medical insurance will make people self-sufficient on its own to be quite honest. I also don't believe that expanding medicaid will decrease people's self-sufficiency. The debt is an issue though, i suppose.

here you go again with this free medical insurance ... Its not free at all ... You pay for your own insurance ... There are some who don't qualify for it and they are put on medicaid ... Which is paid for out of your pay check...

i don’t like the idea that businesses w/over 50 employees will be forced to provide insurance to full-timers. A 50 person company isn’t all that huge, by comparison, and i think this is going to result in hours getting cut, people getting laid off, and (formerly profitable) companies being forced to close their doors. Is this worth shutting down profitable businesses? I don't think so.
then raise their prices if they can't afford it
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...cares-impact-on-jobs-likely-to-be-minimal.ece
companies that has used obama care for their employees have discovered they are almost paying 50% less... In my case i'm paying 50% less then i was

nobody is using "obamacare" idiot, it has not gone into effect yet.

In 2007, before the dupes were told how much they love our system, every other modern country had over 80 per cent approval , US 34 per cent...

Is your company included- why are you so pissed lol...You're a real fount of ZIP...

Premiums have sky rockted moron, deuctibles have sky rocketed.....more money, less care...whats not to love?

you have read the health care bill on what it covers.. go read it ...

Wrong. and that mistake is typical - media tend to lie and people tend not to check themselves. 95$ or 1% of your income, whichever is BIGGER.
If your income is 9500$ per year - you are BELOW federal poverty level for poverty for the year 2013 and are eligible for medicaid, foodstamps and welfare :D
so there is no way ANYBODY will pay 95$ fine :)

another person who doesn't go a read whats in the bill ...they rely on a palin or Cruz with their distortion of the facts

Nobody is using Obamacare, it IS NOT IN EFFECT yet.

Group insurance will not be affected until 2015.

I am not who you want to discuss this with ;)

my question to any of you .... have you gone to the web site and signed up at all ??? if so tell us the procedures

my question to any of you .... have you gone to the web site and signed up at all ??? if so tell us the procedures

I go to it everyday, as of yet it has not worked ;)

So now I do it in reverse I have a paper subsidy appplication that I fill out for them...once it is sent in a Navigator is supposed to call them and verify the app and then enroll them....thats how it is SUPPOSED to work but I just started doing it so we will see.

Billy...judging from your posts you would not understand a word of the Law as it is written...beyond that it is 2200 pages long...and has 30000 pages of explanation....

lets see here ..I said you haven't read the bill ...then with your brilliants here, you said nobody has Obamacare its not in affect yet...
group insurance isn't man dated until 2015 is what you meant to say ... what you didn't know is you can buy a group insurance plan right now but it won't be in affect until january 1 2014 ... see that's what happens when you don't read whats in the bill ... you are right ... you aren't a person who has any idea whats in the bill ... you just think you do ... because you read shit from slant head Hannity or Glenn Beck right !!!! so now you're a expert...

got it!!!

Last edited:
Yes I have read it, twice...

Now here is a test for you.....

What is in included in the bill at the very end....that has NOTHING to do with healthcare?

oh how thes righties think they know what they are talking about none of them have a clue ... they rely on, who do you righties rely on ???

lets see here ..I said you haven't read the bill ...then with your brilliants here, you said nobody has Obamacare its not in affect yet...
group insurance isn't man dated until 2015 is what you meant to say ... what you didn't know is you can buy a group insurance plan right now but it won't be in affect until january 1 2014 ... see that's what happens when you don't read whats in the bill ... you are right ... you aren't a person who has any idea whats in the bill ... you just think you do ... because you read shit from slant head Hannity or Glenn Beck right !!!! so now you're a expert...

got it!!!

You are embarrassing yourelf...or if you had an self awareness you would know you are embarrassing yourself.

Obamacare is not in effect yet Billy...it won't be until Jan 1....and then only for individuals....I don't know that there ANY experts....the explanation is 30 thousand pages long...

Group insurance is not something you can just go "buy" from an insurance company.....it must be offered through and employer....

But lets digress a bit, YOU said that your Companies insurance costs had dropped by half because of "Obamacare"....but you see "Obamacare" has not been implemented yet...just stop typing...

Last edited:
oh how thes righties think they know what they are talking about none of them have a clue ... they rely on, who do you righties rely on ???

Billy?

What is included in the Bill....it is at the very end...and why would that something be included in the HC Bill?

Yes I have read it, twice...

Now here is a test for you.....

What is in included in the bill at the very end....that has NOTHING to do with healthcare?

don't care ... but if you feel you need justification well here it is

H.R.3590—904
‘‘(A) such dollar amount, multiplied by
‘‘(B) the cost-of-living adjustment determined under
section 1(f)(3) for the calendar year in which the taxable
year begins, determined by substituting ‘calendar year
2001’ for ‘calendar year 1992’ in subparagraph (B) thereof.
If any amount as increased under the preceding sentence is
not a multiple of $10, such amount shall be rounded to the
nearest multiple of $10.’’.
(2) ADOPTIONASSISTANCEPROGRAMS.—
(A) INGENERAL.—Paragraph (1) of section 137(b) of
the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (relating to dollar
limitation) is amended by striking ‘‘$10,000’’ and inserting
‘‘$13,170’’.
(B) CHILDWITHSPECIALNEEDS.—Paragraph (2) of sec-
tion 137(a) of such Code (relating to $10,000 exclusion
for adoption of child with special needs regardless of
expenses) is amended—
(i) in the text by striking ‘‘$10,000’’ and inserting
‘‘$13,170’’, and
(ii) in the heading by striking ‘‘$10,000’’ and
inserting ‘‘$13,170’’.
(C) CONFORMINGAMENDMENT TOINFLATIONADJUST-
MENT.—Subsection (f) of section 137 of such Code (relating
to adjustments for inflation) is amended to read as follows:
‘‘(f) ADJUSTMENTSFORINFLATION.—
‘‘(1) DOLLARLIMITATIONS.—In the case of a taxable year
beginning after December 31, 2010, each of the dollar amounts
in subsections (a)(2) and (b)(1) shall be increased by an amount
equal to—
2009’ for ‘calendar year 1992’ in subparagraph (B) thereof.
nearest multiple of $10.
‘‘(2) INCOME LIMITATION.—In the case of a taxable year
beginning after December 31, 2002, the dollar amount in sub-
section (b)(2)(A) shall be increased by an amount equal to—
2001’ for ‘calendar year 1992’ in subparagraph thereof.
nearest multiple of $10.’’.
(b) CREDITMADEREFUNDABLE.—
(1) CREDITMOVEDTOSUBPARTRELATINGTOREFUNDABLE
CREDITS.—The Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended—
(A) by redesignating section 23, as amended by sub-
section (a), as section 36C, and
(B) by moving section 36C (as so redesignated) from
subpart A of part IV of subchapter A of chapter 1 to
the location immediately before section 37 in subpart C
of part IV of subchapter A of chapter 1.

or theres this

H.R.3590—905
(2) CONFORMINGAMENDMENTS.—
(A) Section 24(b)(3)(B) of such Code is amended by
striking ‘‘23,’’.
(B) Section 25(e)(1)(C) of such Code is amended by
striking ‘‘23,’’ both places it appears.
(C) Section 25A(i)(5)(B) of such Code is amended by
striking ‘‘23, 25D,’’ and inserting ‘‘25D’’.
(D) Section 25B(g)(2) of such Code is amended by
striking ‘‘23,’’.
(E) Section 26(a)(1) of such Code is amended by striking
‘‘23,’’.
(F) Section 30(c)(2)(B)(ii) of such Code is amended by
striking ‘‘23, 25D,’’ and inserting ‘‘25D’’.
(G) Section 30B(g)(2)(B)(ii) of such Code is amended
by striking ‘‘23,’’.
(H) Section 30D(c)(2)(B)(ii) of such Code is amended
by striking ‘‘sections 23 and’’ and inserting ‘‘section’’.
(I) Section 36C of such Code, as so redesignated, is
amended—
(i) by striking paragraph (4) of subsection (b), and
(ii) by striking subsection (c).
(J) Section 137 of such Code is amended—
(i) by striking ‘‘section 23(d)’’ in subsection (d) and
inserting ‘‘section 36C(d)’’, and
(ii) by striking ‘‘section 23’’ in subsection (e) and
inserting ‘‘section 36C’’.
(K) Section 904(i) of such Code is amended by striking
‘‘23,’’.
(L) Section 1016(a)(26) is amended by striking ‘‘23(g)’’
and inserting ‘‘36C(g)’’.
(M) Section 1400C(d) of such Code is amended by
striking ‘‘23,’’.
(N) Section 6211(b)(4)(A) of such Code is amended by
inserting ‘‘36C,’’ before ‘‘53(e)’’.
(O) The table of sections for subpart A of part IV
of subchapter A of chapter 1 of such Code of 1986 is
amended by striking the item relating to section 23.
(P) Paragraph (2) of section 1324(b) of title 31, United
States Code, as amended by this Act, is amended by
inserting ‘‘36C,’’ after ‘‘36B,’’.
(Q) The table of sections for subpart C of part IV
of subchapter A of chapter 1 of the Internal Revenue Code
of 1986, as amended by this Act, is amended by inserting
after the item relating to section 36B the following new
item:
‘‘Sec. 36C. Adoption expenses.’’.
(c) APPLICATIONANDEXTENSIONOF EGTRRA SUNSET.—Not-
withstanding section 901 of the Economic Growth and Tax Relief
Reconciliation Act of 2001, such section shall apply to the amend-
ments made by this section and the amendments made by section
202 of such Act by substituting ‘‘December 31, 2011’’ for ‘‘December
31, 2010’’ in subsection (a)(1) thereof.

it really depends on what you're really look for now doesn't it

got it!!!

lets see here ..I said you haven't read the bill ...then with your brilliants here, you said nobody has Obamacare its not in affect yet... I also said
group insurance isn't man dated until 2015 is what you meant to say ...
what you didn't know is you can buy a group insurance plan right now but it won't be in affect until january 1 2014 ... see that's what happens when you don't read whats in the bill ... you are right ... you aren't a person who has any idea whats in the bill ... you just think you do ... because you read shit from slant head Hannity or Glenn Beck right !!!! so now you're a expert...

You are embarrassing yourelf...or if you had an self awareness you would know you are embarrassing yourself.

Obamacare is not in effect yet Billy...it won't be until Jan 1....and then only for individuals....I don't know that there ANY experts....the explanation is 30 thousand pages long...

Group insurance is not something you can just go "buy" from an insurance company.....it must be offered through and employer....

But lets digress a bit, YOU said that your Companies insurance costs had dropped by half because of "Obamacare"....but you see "Obamacare" has not been implemented yet...just stop typing...

do you have a reading disorder for some reason ??? you seem to put shit in that was said ... whats that ??? you can't you comprehend what you read???? was it that tuff for you to understand??? ??? if anyone should be embarrased that should be you ... here let me help you with your reading disorder ... above I said, is that big enough letters for ya, are ya embarrassing your self yet ??? I know you should be ...

i didn't discuss how you purchased a group plan you did ... you said it wasn't available ...well it is if you want help with signing up for it ... and it can be in affect january 1 2014

Last edited:

Forum List

Back