🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

#LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

I picked up Chinese tonight on the way home. I got some chicken egg foo yung and a couple egg rolls with hot mustard sauce. I paid for it all on my own, out of money I earned as a self-employed individual. It really is junk food, I know, but I decided to treat myself tonight.

Do you know what else I did today? I took my son to the dentist for his 6 month check up. He is going to have to get a filling due to a cavity. But, just one, so he did pretty good. My self-paid, non-ACA health policy does not cover dental, so I had to pull out $165.00 today to pay for my son's cleaning, and I will have to whip out some more money in a couple weeks when I pay for the restorative work. Pretty fucking radical.

You what else I do, I pay a fuck load of taxes. The gov takes my "donations" and redistributes them to you leftist shit bags. They don't really do anything for me. Rather, they just take my money. They build roads, provide police protection, etc... of course, I pay for all that too, and I could budget the funds a lot more efficiently than the gov. Thus, I don't have much Good to say about those people.

You know what else? Apparently I am the enemy of the left. I am a radical right wing extremist! Lol! You leftist scum could not do without me, or the nation would have shit for revenue. Nonetheless, I am the enemy. Ha ha ha ha!!!

You leftist turds will never get Trump and his supporters, not do I expect you to.

Who is starving the elderly ?

If an elderly person dies in the city of Baltimore....is it Trump's fault or Baltimore's fault ?
Trump pulls the funding. Trump is responsible.

He's not eliminating any program. He's cutting funds to several that include Meals on Wheels. The people who receive this money can use all they want for Meals on Wheels.
Where's the nobility in cutting such funding? Does it make America great again?

Yes it does; cutting funding to use the money for better things does make America great again.
Better than feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, clothing the naked, researching cures for diseases? What possibly could be greater than those things?

So who is cutting funding for research? I see how we are "feeding the hungry" quite a bit when I go grocery shopping. Yes, we do feed the hungry, and then "the hungry" load the belt with cigarettes, alcohol, flowers, greeting cards, huge bags of dog food, cat food and cat litter. They and their four kids wheel the shopping cart to their late model SUV and load the ten bags inside.

Trump pulls the funding. Trump is responsible.

He's not eliminating any program. He's cutting funds to several that include Meals on Wheels. The people who receive this money can use all they want for Meals on Wheels.

Yes it does; cutting funding to use the money for better things does make America great again.
Better than feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, clothing the naked, researching cures for diseases? What possibly could be greater than those things?

So who is cutting funding for research? I see how we are "feeding the hungry" quite a bit when I go grocery shopping. Yes, we do feed the hungry, and then "the hungry" load the belt with cigarettes, alcohol, flowers, greeting cards, huge bags of dog food, cat food and cat litter. They and their four kids wheel the shopping cart to their late model SUV and load the ten bags inside.
Trump's budget cuts grants for medical research.

And if all decisions were made based on anecdotal evidence rather than researched facts, we would still be using rum as an anesthetic.

We're like 20 trillion in debt....desperate times calls for desperate measures

I agree, so increasing military spending amidst all these cuts is pretty stupid, huh.

Given the world's problems...nope.

I missed the part of the Constitution that says the United States of America is responsible for solving all the world's problems. Can you find that for me?

I never said we are responsible for all the world's problems...did I? China rising, NK being stupid. the Russians playing hardball and a bunch of crazed Muslims acting the fool. Yeah....perfect sense to cut military spending

Saw during the last several protests plenty of able bodied folks who could be volunteering for the "greater good" to fill the gaps for those in need. Which is not the responsibility of the Federal government. Those folks seem more intent on disruption and destruction. How many of those protesters were on government benefits themselves?
My local conservative county government made the hard cuts several years ago and government runs more efficient and taxes were reduced. There was no starvation of seniors or loss of services for the poor. That is the typical libtard view that if you take back the credit card and say "enough" that somehow you hate seniors, the poor and want our children to be ignorant.

Trump's budget cuts grants for medical research.

And if all decisions were made based on anecdotal evidence rather than researched facts, we would still be using rum as an anesthetic.

Really? Because I read the OP and even the Communist News Network and I can't find anything on research cuts.

Here's what Trump's budget proposes to cut - CNNPolitics.com

Oh and I would hardly call "real life" experiences anecdotal. I see what goes on at work. I see what goes on at the grocery store. I see what goes on right here in my neighborhood. So don't give me this anecdotal nonsense.

Just when every social program needs to be financed a hundred fold !

Victims Persist !!!!!!

This is nothing new. Every time Republicans get enough power to slash spending, the left comes out with all these predictions of increased crime, people dying in the streets, and children going to bed hungry.

I remember when Welfare Reform became law. All those people who were expected to jump off of roof tops actually transformed their lives. It got them out of the house. They began to learn things. They became more responsible as reports showed more households staying together instead of splitting apart.

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Last Speech of Hubert H. Humphrey

And Conservatives want to say fuck the elderly, if they can't take care of themselves they are just a leach on society...

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Last Speech of Hubert H. Humphrey

And Conservatives want to say fuck the elderly, if they can't take care of themselves they are just a leach on society...

The problem is there is a thin line between those who can't take care of themselves and those who can and opt to take advantage of the system. Democrats welcome those who abuse the system because their goal is to create as many government dependents as they can. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

The problem is there is a thin line between those who can't take care of themselves and those who can and opt to take advantage of the system. Democrats welcome those who abuse the system because their goal is to create as many government dependents as they can. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

No, you only see those that abuse the system because that's what you are looking for. That causes you to turn a blind eye to all the people that REALLY need the system. I've gotten burned a couple of times helping people that I later found out didn't really need it... but I'm not going to stop helping others because of it. That's a cynical approach and sadly a very Conservative one. That attitude is part of the reason I quit being a Republican. There is a time and place to look for cracks in the paint, but one of those times is not when an entire house is falling down.

No, you only see those that abuse the system because that's what you are looking for. That causes you to turn a blind eye to all the people that REALLY need the system. I've gotten burned a couple of times helping people that I later found out didn't really need it... but I'm not going to stop helping others because of it. That's a cynical approach and sadly a very Conservative one. That attitude is part of the reason I quit being a Republican. There is a time and place to look for cracks in the paint, but one of those times is not when an entire house is falling down.

Did you ever think that because there are so many abusing our safety nets, that people have a right to be cynical?

You're not going to find many Republicans that don't want to help the truly needy; people that have conducted themselves to the best of their abilities and still failed; people that lived responsibly and still ended up with the short end of the stick.

We live in a country where everybody is a victim of something, and that is promoted by the Democrat party. Look at this thread alone. Trump is not eliminating Meals on Wheels, he is cutting funds for a multitude of programs--it's just meals on wheels happens to be one of the programs under this umbrella. Even the OP made a slight mention of this program.

Did you ever think that because there are so many abusing our safety nets, that people have a right to be cynical?

You're not going to find many Republicans that don't want to help the truly needy; people that have conducted themselves to the best of their abilities and still failed; people that lived responsibly and still ended up with the short end of the stick.

We live in a country where everybody is a victim of something, and that is promoted by the Democrat party. Look at this thread alone. Trump is not eliminating Meals on Wheels, he is cutting funds for a multitude of programs--it's just meals on wheels happens to be one of the programs under this umbrella. Even the OP made a slight mention of this program.

No, it's because you see one or two and then you all of a sudden start to believe you are seeing more than you really are... because that's ALL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. It's called paranoia.

Your statement is part of the problem. All you care about is fucking politics and trying to get a "one up" on the opposing party and the people that lose out are the innocent people caught in the middle. If you don't fucking care about the elderly, fine. I'll think you are a piece of shit for it... but fine. But what makes things worse is when you try to blame your opinion of the elderly being leaches on society on political beliefs or your paranoid delusions that everyone is out to cheat the system.

Most red welfare states receive much more from the fed than they contribute. Hence - Trump supporters.

And I repeat:

You are a hack and a liar.

A red state is a state where over 50% pulled the lever for republicans.

That means that there is 49.9% who might have pulled it for democrats.

Now, what if everyone who voted democrat was living off the government.....

In your world it would be a "red state". Which is in no way representative.

You are a moron.

You are not an American.

Besides that is in no way germane to the argument.

If the red states want to throw granny off the cliff...that is their prerogative.

You are not American

The states most dependent on the federal government are who you'd least expect

The president’s budget request eliminates federal grants for meals.

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

More: #LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Wow, no wonder seniors are upset.

What Seniors? This is a play on "what about the Children?" Show us the numbers. Otherwise, this is another scam for corrupt Democrats to pay their cronies, reward their friends, and punish their enemies.

The president’s budget request eliminates federal grants for meals.

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

More: #LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Wow, no wonder seniors are upset.
Hey...this is the America they want.

Trump cutting funding to SESAME STREET but Melania has all the taxpayer money she needs to stay in her penthouse in NYC.

Forum List

Back