🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

#LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

The president’s budget request eliminates federal grants for meals.

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

More: #LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Wow, no wonder seniors are upset.
I hate to see services like those cut. People REALLY rely on them. We also need to fix our roads and bridges and water pipes. Could we cut them for a few years with the promise to bring them back? Before Meals on Wheels, neighbors and family took care of the old folks. If I remember correctly, my mom's generation sometimes went about crazy, but they did it. The state and local governments and social organizations could help out in the meantime. We do have stuff that needs to be funded. Somehow.

We're like 20 trillion in debt....desperate times calls for desperate measures

I agree, so increasing military spending amidst all these cuts is pretty stupid, huh.

Obama spent about six trillion dollars on defense and was at war every day of his administration.. Did you vote for him? If so then that must mean that you are one of these partisan pigs that love Democrat defense spending and hate Republican defense spending. You are not one of those people, are you?

We need less interventionism and less domestic and foreign welfare. No welfare, no subsidizes, no entitlements and no bailouts. That includes being the world's policeman like Obama was doing. Instead of a four trillion dollar a year Federal budget it needs to be in the $1-1.5 trillion range. If you really are a fiscally responsible American then you would agree with me, wouldn't you?

Funny. How much NEW debt did President Obama create that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions and/or policies? Bush's clusterfuck didn't just abruptly end when President Obama was sworn in. Bush started two wars that were being paid for "off the books" and he cut taxes during wartime - which was unprecedented in American history.

The guy at the press briefing said there is no proof that these programs work. Yes, because there is no proof that food helps people. Or that food helps students do better in school. Its not settled science that kids can concentrate better when they arent starving! Wheres the proof!?!?

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

I hate to see services like those cut. People REALLY rely on them. We also need to fix our roads and bridges and water pipes. Could we cut them for a few years with the promise to bring them back? Before Meals on Wheels, neighbors and family took care of the old folks. If I remember correctly, my mom's generation sometimes went about crazy, but they did it. The state and local governments and social organizations could help out in the meantime. We do have stuff that needs to be funded. Somehow.
My mom quit working to take care of her parents. That was still possible for most families in the 70's because a family could survive on a single income. Not so much any longer.

I agree, so increasing military spending amidst all these cuts is pretty stupid, huh.

Obama spent about six trillion dollars on defense and was at war every day of his administration.. Did you vote for him?

Nope.

Now what?

Who did you vote for? Did you vote for somebody that ran on a platform to reduce the size of this bloated debt ridden welfare state?

Why not just stop giving millionaires and billionaires huge tax breaks? Stop corporate welfare!

President Donald Trump says he’s aware the current version of the GOP’s health care bill could hurt the very people who helped put him in the White House.

The president acknowledged the findings of a recent Bloomberg report, which said working- and middle-class counties that voted for him in November would fare far worse under the new bill than affluent counties that supported Hillary Clinton.

“Yeah,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that aired Wednesday. “Oh, I know that.”

Trump Concedes His Health Care Bill Could Hurt Many Of His Supporters

Finally, a sliver of truth of Trump. He's hurting them with much more than just his health care bill.

Why not just stop giving millionaires and billionaires huge tax breaks? Stop corporate welfare!

Just so just so we are clear, Welfare is giving money to people that do not contribute to the economy.

I thought you could use some education on that.

You are welcome.

If you want to really help your country give up your welfare and get up off the couch and get a phucking job.

Then maybe once we balance the budget we can afford some of these little luxuries you people call entitlements but want everyone else to pay for but yourselves.

Obama spent about six trillion dollars on defense and was at war every day of his administration.. Did you vote for him? If so then that must mean that you are one of these partisan pigs that love Democrat defense spending and hate Republican defense spending. You are not one of those people, are you?

We need less interventionism and less domestic and foreign welfare. No welfare, no subsidizes, no entitlements and no bailouts. That includes being the world's policeman like Obama was doing. Instead of a four trillion dollar a year Federal budget it needs to be in the $1-1.5 trillion range. If you really are a fiscally responsible American then you would agree with me, wouldn't you?

Funny. How much NEW debt did President Obama create that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions and/or policies? Bush's clusterfuck didn't just abruptly end when President Obama was sworn in. Bush started two wars that were being paid for "off the books" and he cut taxes during wartime - which was unprecedented in American history.

We heard all that denial bullshit a million times from you stupid Moon Bats in the last eight years. When the hell are you sorry Libtard bastards going to take responsibility for the damage that your affirmative action Boy did to this country and man up and stop trying to blame his failures on Bush? That shit gets old after awhile

by the way Moon Bat. Obama's debt was even a lot worse when you look at what the filthy ass Democrats funded in 2007 and 2008 when they controlled Congress.

Then you dumb assholes voted for Crooked Hillary for President who supported almost every cent of Bush's defense spending so don't pretend you give a shit because you don't.

The guy at the press briefing said there is no proof that these programs work. Yes, because there is no proof that food helps people. Or that food helps students do better in school. Its not settled science that kids can concentrate better when they arent starving! Wheres the proof!?!?

Where's the proof that anybody would starve if taxpayers didn't feed them?
My mother's generation saw it. It's pretty ugly.

Just so just so we are clear, Welfare is giving money to people that do not contribute to the economy.

You are welcome.

Really? How long can they collect it?

And here are things Leftursds like Lakhota want to keep:

C7CeRpEWoAExtZ7.jpg:large

Just to select one off the top as it's directly involved in my area (and Bones') --- the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is an economic development agency headed by 13 Appalachian state governors and a presidential appointee facilitating entrepreneurial and business development in Appalachia, which in general has never been a rich or industrialized area.

In other words it creates jobs and promotes small business.

That's just one off the list.

Carry on with the posting of Googly Images without context. It's so illuminating.

How many civil servants does it have? Where are the offices? How much do they cost? Give us some specific examples of what it has done.

You are welcome.
People like the elderly, the sick and unformed, children living in poverty. You know, freeloaders and bums.

You tell me.

How long have you been receiving public funds?

You are welcome.

Really? How long can they collect it?

Look at it this way libtards it's just another abortion....right?

No one is going to die by forcing the government to tighten its belt.

And if you care so much you take your money and your time and go help those in need, and maybe you will find redemption in that and reform your libtard ways.

You are welcome.
People like the elderly, the sick and unformed, children living in poverty. You know, freeloaders and bums.

What if the president's policies force government agencies to become more productive and efficient? As it stands today the people who need these things benefit from charitable and religious organizations rather than the government. Most sane people understand that government bureaucracies are inefficient, wasteful and sometimes so negligent that they are borderline criminal but lefties scream every time a president with some balls tries to get a handle on it. Factor in the criminal enterprise known as the MSM and it becomes heated hysterical rhetoric and fake news with deliberately dishonest phrases like "let 'em die".
Great post!

Where's the proof that anybody would starve if taxpayers didn't feed them?
My mother's generation saw it. It's pretty ugly.
Modern day libertarians should talk to someone who lived through the great depression.

Dead On!

What if the president's policies force government agencies to become more productive and efficient? As it stands today the people who need these things benefit from charitable and religious organizations rather than the government. Most sane people understand that government bureaucracies are inefficient, wasteful and sometimes so negligent that they are borderline criminal but lefties scream every time a president with some balls tries to get a handle on it. Factor in the criminal enterprise known as the MSM and it becomes heated hysterical rhetoric and fake news with deliberately dishonest phrases like "let 'em die".
Great post!

Forum List

Back