LIAR liar, pants on fire!

i don't know if she was asked to resign before foxnews first reported this story and gave the link for this edited video....but fox news CLAIMS that she resigned shortly after they first reported on the story with their video link....at foxnews.com

No. Fox news claims, by your OP, that the Ag Dept announced her resignation after FOX reported it.

But even if Fox made all the noise it possibly could before she resigned, so what? Fox didn't fire her.

It was a clusterfuck from the start. Breitbart should have been suspicious of the edits, but ran with it to slam the NAACP in retaliation for their Tea Party smear. He should apologize to Sherrod, if he hasn't already.

Ben Jealous of the NAACP asked no questions, but condemned Sherrod almost immediately. He has since apologized.

Vilsack should have said, wait a minute, before we fire her, what does Shirley have to say for herself? Is the full video available? Gibbs has since apologized.

Or maybe they all just assumed, for some reason, that the video probably would be a problem.

Meanwhile the WH and the NAACP are in the awkward position of having to justify their reliance on Breitbart in lieu of their own investigation into the matter.

SPECIAL shame on breibart and foxnews as supposed news media for not investigating the edit job on the tape..... extremely poor journalism

SPECIAL shame on naacp and the white house for believing these 2 media sources and jumping to the wrong conclusions and the wh for forcing her resignation.

Wow, you just like to keep perpetuating your original lie don't you?

How exactly does Fox News have anything to do with the White House and the Ag Department jumping to conclusions when you yourself have stated that they released a statement on their web site "shortly before" the announcement of her resignation was made?

I do agree that Breibart was negligent in this matter, but you can not say Fox News is. That is just a flat out lie.

And yet you and Truthdoesn'tmatter keep saying it over and over.

Does you two repeating the same lie somehow make it true?

Rick

So in that "shortly after" timeframe, between the FNC initial report and the Ag Dept announcement, all that stuff happened because of the FNC report??

Srsly?

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the well-oiled Dept of Ag Bureaucracy's efficiency.

The Bush Admin would have taken WEEKS to react!!

I hear Oliver Stone bought the movie rights to that particular time period...

I heard that Jack Black is being cast to play Vilsack.

Last edited:
i don't know if she was asked to resign before foxnews first reported this story and gave the link for this edited video....but fox news CLAIMS that she resigned shortly after they first reported on the story with their video link....at foxnews.com
WRONG AGAIN
FoxNews.com claimed they had reported it before it was ANNOUNCED

ok, so what does that mean? do you have some info that proves she resigned before foxnews reported on it? i'd love to see it, if you have it.
common sense says she would have resigned WELL before it was ANNOUNCED

hboats

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

FOXNews.com - Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer

Proof that you are a liar right there. Fox News published it's initial report shortly before the Ag Department ANNOUNCED her resignation.

Since when does someone resign and an announcement happen simultaneously?

Maybe you need to read your links a little better before you start claiming things that aren't there.

Rick

the ag dept needed her to resign so they could announce such to squelch the tsunami happening in the media.....my bet is that as soon as they could convince her to resign, they announced it....this was the purpose of the forced resignation imho....they wanted the 'heat' off.

Proof that you are a liar right there. Fox News published it's initial report shortly before the Ag Department ANNOUNCED her resignation.

Maybe you need to read your links a little better before you start claiming things that aren't there.

Rick

the ag dept needed her to resign so they could announce such to squelch the tsunami happening in the media.....my bet is that as soon as they could convince her to resign, they announced it....this was the purpose of the forced resignation imho....they wanted the 'heat' off.

So then her resignation WASN'T a direct result of the FNC initial report, right?

Rick

What tsunami happening in the media? Who reported on this before she resigned? Now U-Tube is the media? That's the only place this video was posted/shown before she resigned. It was not shown on Fox News. So where exactly was this "tsunami happening in the media?"

Your humble opinion does not make it fact either.

So, are you going to stop perpetuating this lie now?

Rick

Rick

they forced her to resign in her car driving
they didn't even have the courage to do it to her FACE
and THAT has nothing to do with EITHER Breitbart or FNC

you really need to stop with that pathetic FNC bashing

No. Fox news claims, by your OP, that the Ag Dept announced her resignation after FOX reported it.

But even if Fox made all the noise it possibly could before she resigned, so what? Fox didn't fire her.

It was a clusterfuck from the start. Breitbart should have been suspicious of the edits, but ran with it to slam the NAACP in retaliation for their Tea Party smear. He should apologize to Sherrod, if he hasn't already.

Ben Jealous of the NAACP asked no questions, but condemned Sherrod almost immediately. He has since apologized.

Vilsack should have said, wait a minute, before we fire her, what does Shirley have to say for herself? Is the full video available? Gibbs has since apologized.

Or maybe they all just assumed, for some reason, that the video probably would be a problem.

Meanwhile the WH and the NAACP are in the awkward position of having to justify their reliance on Breitbart in lieu of their own investigation into the matter.

SPECIAL shame on breibart and foxnews as supposed news media for not investigating the edit job on the tape..... extremely poor journalism

SPECIAL shame on naacp and the white house for believing these 2 media sources and jumping to the wrong conclusions and the wh for forcing her resignation.

Do you actually expect any news organization to show the entire 43 minutes of that speech?

Of course it was truncated.

However, I believe they did a disservice, intentionally, to Ms. Sherrod. They truncated the clip after she confessed to having made a mistake but before she spoke about how the incident had changed her.

I agree shame on whoever it was that truncated that initial video. They did a disservice to her and they should be ashamed. I do not know if it was Breitbart or someone else. Breitbart should not have posted the video without having seen the entire part of the speech in context.

I also did not find the attendees at the speech to have supported her "mistake" They listened intently through her "confession" and later when she spoke about the changes in her life after the event, I heard a few "amens".

I have no real idea why she was asked for her resignation. The only thing I saw on there that she actually did that I would think would get her in trouble was at about the 30 minute mark she was talking about loans to businesses that she had signed off on and made the comment that not one dime of those loans went to black business. She put the Obama Administration on the spot with that comment. Not a good thing to do to any administration.

She should have made them fire her rather than resign. I think then she would have a case against the government. I wonder if she has any recourse now.

Immie

Last edited:

Breitbart will take a hit for this, deservedly and unfortunately. He's done some good stuff, and no doubt will again.

They had to run the tape long enough to get to the part they used.

BEFORE the part they used she prefaced the story.

They had to have known what they cut out.

And no kudos for Glenn Beck for opposing Sherrod's firing and taking a stand on her behalf?

What's up with that?

Glenn Beck doesn't exist unless he can be painted as a lunatic.

If he says something they actually sort of agree with him on, they will have to malign themselves.

Who's "they?"

I didn't know that the person who edited the tape had come forward and admitted it.

Rick

I completely agree that whomever editted the tape had to know what was cut out.

The question is who editted it?

And why is the President of the NAACP who was present when she made this speech, suddenly not sure what was said during the speech?

Rick

they forced her to resign in her car driving
they didn't even have the courage to do it to her FACE
and THAT has nothing to do with EITHER Breitbart or FNC

you really need to stop with that pathetic FNC bashing

why is it bashing? Do you think fox news did a good journalistic job on this? why so protective of them jumping the breibart wagon without thorough research themselves.....they were brutal towards her, not only on foxnews.com but one show after the other.....

god bless them for correcting their mistakes the next day, but her reputation was ruined already....

do you really think Fox did a good job with their crucifixion of her before they knew the facts? please do not say you do??????

i am not saying what they did, got her fired....but what they did was NOT news worthy.....it was a purposeful smear based on a clearly edited tape.

This is the most evidence someone has actually provided. The only evidence prior was OReilly and Hannity, who both aired after the resignation.

Could you tell me which of the shows broke the story?

Hannity

Thank you for atleast attempting to answer the question. I am glad someone wants to have some actual discussion here.

However, how does that make Fox responsible if she was told to resign before 5 oclock and Hannity isn't on until 9?

And why is the President of the NAACP who was present when she made this speech, suddenly not sure what was said during the speech?

do you have proof he was present? wasn't this tape from march of 2009? or was it just in 2010?

do you have proof he was present? wasn't this tape from march of 2009? or was it just in 2010?

There's this, from her speech, delivered 3/27/10:

"To the president of the NAACP, here, and the board of directors, and members, and all the others here, it is indeed a pleasure for me to be with you this evening..."

I assume that means he was present, but we mustn't assume.

Forum List

Back