Liberal Business owners - a true story of what I get to deal with right now

I had to direct hire tham, insure them (E and O, workers comp, liability). I had to tax match for them...and they would be my unemployment burden if they discontinued working. - based on dollars paid to you, by the company they actually went out and did physical work for and generated revenue for. you're a glorified fucking finder's fee, give me a god damned break.

What sort of douche compares their employees as a recruiter to a Business' direct-hire employees, and DOESNT KNOW WHY IT'S NOT AN APT COMPARISON?

Really?

Reallyyyyy?

Gosh...your jealousy stinks to high heaven.

An employed acccountant goes to the client and does the work for the client and generates the income for the partners of the accounting firm. Is that accountant not an employee of the accounting firm?

Listen up......

if one is responsible for running the payroll of 325 people; tax matching for 325 people; unemployment burden of 325 people; insurance for 325 people; subnmit payroll reports to NYSIF for 325 people; send out 325 w-4's in January....then one has 325employees...

You are coming across as a jealous moron with the education of a 6th grader. I suggest you lay low.

You're an idiot bro, that's all I can really tell you.

To compare the employees you find and "employ" to go "work" somewhere else, to a standard small business owner's employees, is just about as (puke) as you can get.

You are a finder's fee.

lol....you truly are jealous. I cant believe it. Wow. Im flattered.

A finders fee is what I got as a recruiter...yes.

My temp agency did not get finders fees. We charged by the hour...billed by the hour....

And wh did we bill at a 40% -50% markup?

BECAUSE OF THE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH EMPLOYING THE INDIVIDUALS

Now..I used the example of the accountant...he works at the office of the client and does his books.....is he not an employee of the accounting firm?

Well?

why do you think $1,000 a year per person is a big deal to a company....

maybe you should look at the raises the owners/CEO's give themselves before you feel badly for them?

you are talking mega corporations - not the average small business owner here, jillian. An extra grand a year per employee without increased revenue to back it up, can break many small businesses. Many.

a 50 or more person business is not a small business.

actually, yes it is, compared to the size of a mega corp of which she was speaking in terms of bonuses, etc. People familiar with business operations internally know this. Unless they have an unlimited well of resources it will be tough for many. People honestly have know idea the expenses within a company just to employ someone. Their prfit margins are much less than many ever realize.
Here is something for you to chew on -
Average Business Profit Margins
The average net profits of a small manufacturing wood products business, with $2 million in revenue annually, according to the website "Biz Stats," is 14.56 percent per year. Medical equipment and suppliers, with $2 million in revenue, have a net profit margin of 26.95 percent annually. By contrast, computer and electronics products return a net profit of 53.94 percent, and the food processing sector, according to "Biz Stats," has a net profit margin of 10.28 percent.
Now you increase the cost of an employee by 10%, where does that leave you? Does it leave you the ability to withstand a downturn in an economy? Does it leave you the ability to actually expand with that small of a margin? Every business needs a cushion upon which they can fall. Look deeply at the facts and you will see what is as stake here. People seem to think that margins are high- for most businesses it is not and they can be just one disaster away from failure.
One other factor that is not beling looked at is those that have fuel costs. The cost of fuel, whether in utilities, or gas, rising cost of materials, food, etc. is also cutting into those slim profit margins.

Last edited:
They're your employees as a technicality.

You're really just the HR for the people they actually work for. You can deal with all the nasty stuff like hiring, firing, taxes and payroll, like a good little HR boy does........................

But they work for someone else, finder's fee. *cough*

the burden of having employees is having to deal with the nasty stuiff like hiring, firing, taxes and payroll you fucking jealous moron.

Now I understand why people like you are...well....like you.

You are too fucking dense to understand what is involved in running a business...

You actually make it sound like "doing the nasty stuff" is the easy part.

Gosh...your jealousy stinks to high heaven.

An employed acccountant goes to the client and does the work for the client and generates the income for the partners of the accounting firm. Is that accountant not an employee of the accounting firm?

Listen up......

if one is responsible for running the payroll of 325 people; tax matching for 325 people; unemployment burden of 325 people; insurance for 325 people; subnmit payroll reports to NYSIF for 325 people; send out 325 w-4's in January....then one has 325employees...

You are coming across as a jealous moron with the education of a 6th grader. I suggest you lay low.

You're an idiot bro, that's all I can really tell you.

To compare the employees you find and "employ" to go "work" somewhere else, to a standard small business owner's employees, is just about as (puke) as you can get.

You are a finder's fee.

lol....you truly are jealous. I cant believe it. Wow. Im flattered.

A finders fee is what I got as a recruiter...yes.

My temp agency did not get finders fees. We charged by the hour...billed by the hour....

And wh did we bill at a 40% -50% markup?

BECAUSE OF THE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH EMPLOYING THE INDIVIDUALS

Now..I used the example of the accountant...he works at the office of the client and does his books.....is he not an employee of the accounting firm?

Well?

:lol: ^

You're such a loser, bro. Wreak of prissy femininity.

You're not an accountant, bro.

You're the HR for the Companies who contract with you. You're Debbie, with the curlers in and the thick glasses reviewing resumes and giving interviews. stfu, seriously.

Your "employees" in the traditional sense are your staff, not the staff you find to fill positions for your clients. Those are still legally your employees, but for OBVIOUS reasons to anyone with a brain, do *not* make an apt. comparison when comparing your salary with that of a typical small business owner.

Anyone who has the slightest bit of intellectual honesty knows that, and anyone with a modicum of common sense knows why the comparison is fraudulent.

Now you increase the cost of an employee by 10%, where does that leave you?
Depends on what's happening to your competitors. If their costs are also going up then all of you will raise your prices to make up the difference. If the cost is unique to you for whatever reason you're screwed.

you are talking mega corporations - not the average small business owner here, jillian. An extra grand a year per employee without increased revenue to back it up, can break many small businesses. Many.

actually, yes it is, compared to the size of a mega corp of which she was speaking in terms of bonuses, etc. People familiar with business operations internally know this. Unless they have an unlimited well of resources it will be tough for many. People honestly have know idea the expenses within a company just to employ someone. Their prfit margins are much less than many ever realize.
The average net profits of a small manufacturing wood products business, with $2 million in revenue annually, according to the website "Biz Stats," is 14.56 percent per year. Medical equipment and suppliers, with $2 million in revenue, have a net profit margin of 26.95 percent annually. By contrast, computer and electronics products return a net profit of 53.94 percent, and the food processing sector, according to "Biz Stats," has a net profit margin of 10.28 percent.
Now you increase the cost of an employee by 10%, where does that leave you? Does it leave you the ability to withstand a downturn in an economy? Does it leave you the ability to actually expand with that small of a margin? Look deeply at the facts and you will see what is as stake here. People seem to think that margins are high- for most businesses it is not and they can be just one disaster away from failure.
One other factor that is not beling looked at is those that have fuel costs. The cost of fuel, whether in utilities, or gas, rising cost of materials, food, etc. is also cutting into those slim profit margins.

these terms like "small business" have definitions.....................it's not..."well, small when compared to:"

Now you increase the cost of an employee by 10%, where does that leave you? Does it leave you the ability to withstand a downturn in an economy? Does it leave you the ability to actually expand with that small of a margin? Look deeply at the facts and you will see what is as stake here. People seem to think that margins are high- for most businesses it is not and they can be just one disaster away from failure.

these terms like "small business" have definitions.....................it's not..."well, small when compared to:"

"small business" isn't any more rigidly define than "short person"

Frank worked for a Fortune 400 Company but doesn't understand what Capital Gains Taxes means.

Stick with stuff you know.

I never said I worked for a Fortune 400 Company

Not sure where you "Capital gains tax" comment comes from

Yesterday, you were schooled on Capital Gains. You dont forget.

you tried to claim theyre taxing your dollars twice.

You were wrong. Theyre a tax on the gain, not on the investment dollars.

excuse me? I was "schooled" on capital gains?

What I said was that "yo dollah" actually gets taxed three times, not twice; first when you earn it as income, second when you get any dividend on it and then third when you sell the asset.

Stick with stuff you know.

I never said I worked for a Fortune 400 Company

Not sure where you "Capital gains tax" comment comes from

What I said was that "yo dollah" actually gets taxed three times, not twice; first when you earn it as income, second when you get any dividend on it and then third when you sell the asset.
and you're wrong.

the cap GAINS are taxed.

Look up: GAIN.

The original dollar, the dollar of income that was taxed? Not the GAIN.

and you're wrong.

the cap GAINS are taxed.

Look up: GAIN.

The original dollar, the dollar of income that was taxed? Not the GAIN.

You don't make the Gain unless you invest yo dollah, it's not all different dollars.

It's like planting a seed, the tree grows, it bears fruit but its because you planted the seed...ahh, what a waste of my time.

Frank was hired as an analyst by a guy who made the forbes 400.

Frank thinks, that when you spend one after-tax dollar on an investment, and the investment yields you a new, second dollar, you are then taxed on both of the dollars, which would be an essential second tax on the first dollar.

But Frank, only the gained dollar is taxed at that point, not the original dollar.

The original dollar is not taxed a second or third time.

here is the best way to explain it..in simple terms...

A servcice company does not have revenue per employee increase with addtional employees.....revenue per employee is a stationary number....such is different in manufacturing....but in service, all analyses are made based on the return per employee being a set number...regardless of the increase in staff....

This does not include cost of space and technology.

If expanding means the cost of employee will increase, but the return on employee will remain the same, then one would not expand.

Now...if going above 50 employees means the cost of each employee will increase, but the return will remain the same, then an analysis will be needed to determine where it would make sense to expand....and as the numbers above show...expanding by 33% is far from the number...

And unfortunately...expanding by anything more than 33% is next to impossible at one shot.

Take it from there.

You're automatically, and wrongly, assuming that every company will maintain wages at the same price and simply add healthcare as a fully additional benefit.

IOW, you're paying your employee 25,000 a year and no healthcare, but now healthcare is mandated and you pay your employee 25,000 a year plus 5,000 in healthcare, for a 30,000 package.

Maybe the employer cuts wages to 20,000 a year, plus 5,000 in healthcare.

For no substantial net loss.

If a successful company were to do that, it would lose the employees tha tmade it successful.

Contrary to what the left wants to say....employers know where their bread is buttered.

Really? So when Hostess was asking for concessions, it was a stupid move, because they would have lost all their employees anyway?

I honestly can't believe you ever ran a business.

The only people I know right now complaining about Obamacare are Liberals. Republicans already know what is it and have moved on. Liberals are just finding out now what is in it. Irocnic ain't it? LOL

The only people I know right now complaining about Obamacare are Liberals. Republicans already know what is it and have moved on. Liberals are just finding out now what is in it. Irocnic ain't it? LOL

I already knew what was in it.

and I'm not complaining.

Forum List

Back