Liberalism: Making the French Revolution Its Own.

American patriots did not have the same establishment on their necks , nor did they have the same form of govt. that was unwilling to compromise upon reform....reform of monarchical "Divine Right" regimes..

Those who advanced the French Revolution were savages, and the result was savagery.

And the same is true of the copies established by the Bolsheviks, Nazis, fascists...and, in their version, the Progressives.

"Ordered by the king [Louis XVI] to surrender, more than 600 Swiss guards were savagely murdered. The mobs ripped them to shreds and mutilated their corpses.
“Women, lost to all sense of shame,” said one surviving witness, “were committing the most indecent mutilations on the dead bodies from which they tore pieces of flesh and carried them off in triumph.” Children played kickball with the guards’ heads.

Every living thing in the Tuileries [royal palace in Paris] was butchered or thrown from the windows by the hooligans. Women were raped before being hacked to death.

The Jacobin club . . . demanded that the piles of rotting, defiled corpses surrounding the Tuileries be left to putrefy in the street for days afterward as a warning to the people of the power of the extreme left.

This bestial attack, it was later decreed, would be celebrated every year as “the festival of the unity and indivisibility of the republic.”

It would be as if families across America delighted in the annual TV special “A Manson Family Christmas.” ((Ann Coulter,Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America(New York: Crown Publishing Group, 2011), 107.
Anders Behring Breivik: Just another Leftwing Radical

"The Lion Monument (German: Löwendenkmal), or the Lion of Lucerne, is a sculpture in Lucerne,Switzerland, designed by Bertel Thorvaldsen and hewn in 1820–21 by Lukas Ahorn. It commemorates the Swiss Guards who were massacred in 1792 during the French Revolution, when revolutionaries stormed the Tuileries Palace in Paris, France. Mark Twain praised the sculpture of a mortally-wounded lion as "the most mournful and moving piece of stone in the world."
Lion Monument - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Now, how would you know that, as you've never read any of her dozen scholarly best sellers?

You post those "best sellers" here so I don't need to read them
You must be one of those low information voters who simply parrot whatever the NYTimes, MSNBC, and/or the DNC tell you to.
A perfect example of Liberal plagiarism.

Eh, you're the one that does the copy/paste thing, not me.

And cut the liberal crap thing, just call me an evil commie, I'm used to that.

:alcoholic:

By squealing 'copy and paste' you are admitting that you have no way to respond to the facts that I post in this manner.

Typical dodge by those who use Liberal Plagiarism.

1. Having made the irreparable error of gaining their knowledge of history from 'professors' in those bastions of Liberalism, the universities, far too many millennials believe that the French Revolution was, in any way tantamount, duplicate, analogous to our American Revolution.

It was not.

Where is it NOT taught that there were both similarities AND differences between the American and French Revolutions?

That is your claim. Support it with an iota of evidence.

I'll make it easy for you. Name one university professor anywhere in America who teaches that the American Revolution and the French Revolution were

'duplicates'. That is your word. That is your claim.

Where did you take the course you imply exists?

Oh...no where.

You claim it in your first paragraph. Have you already forgotten?

"1. Having made the irreparable error of gaining their knowledge of history from 'professors' in those bastions of Liberalism, the universities, far too many millennials believe that the French Revolution was, in any way tantamount, duplicate, analogous to our American Revolution."

That was your statement. Remember it now?

I'm asking you to name one professor of the 'professors' you reference above who teaches that the French Revolution was a duplicate of the American Revolution.

One, for starters. Anywhere in the American university system.

Now, how would you know that, as you've never read any of her dozen scholarly best sellers?

You must be one of those low information voters who simply parrot whatever the NYTimes, MSNBC, and/or the DNC tell you to.

By squealing 'copy and paste' you are admitting that you have no way to respond to the facts that I post in this manner.

You claim as fact in your very first paragraph that professors in US universities are teaching that the American and French revolutions did not differ,

as you put it, they were 'duplicates'.

That is not true. Period.

You claim as fact in your very first paragraph that professors in US universities are teaching that the American and French revolutions did not differ,

as you put it, they were 'duplicates'.

That is not true. Period.

"That is not true. Period."

Where did you take the course you imply exists?

Oh...no where.

1. "Why is it that the majority of liberal arts universities neglect teaching the French Revolution? Harvard has one course, UCLA none, Cornell none,…how to explain this? Shouldn’t the French Revolution be the cautionary tale for any civilized society, as it is the template for every bloody totalitarian dictatorship in the modern world?
    1. Important? One of the most advanced, sophisticated nations of the 18th century kills 600,000 citizens- many of it’s most valuable citizens, plus some 145,000 flee the country- and the study of same is considered insignificant??? Schom, “Napoleon Bonaparte,” p. 253.
    2. Why does the liberal establishment, the segment that controls the colleges and universities, wish that American students ignore, remain ignorant about, this historically critical event???

2. Possibly because students might put two and two together and see this pattern:
a) psychopaths like Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Fidel, and Chavez use a mob of rabble to gain power,
b) with the same justification, the same objectives, and the same bloody results. And, might then notice that
c) all were praised in the pages of the New York Times, and
d) all were supported by the Democratic Party."
Coulter, "Demonic," chapter seven

Maybe it would help if you actually posted a fact instead of somebody else's opinion

Find any facts that I've posted, in any form, that aren't true.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Well, if you insist...

Those who advanced the French Revolution were savages, and the result was savagery.

And the same is true of the copies established by the Bolsheviks, Nazis, fascists...and, in their version, the Progressives.

"Ordered by the king [Louis XVI] to surrender, more than 600 Swiss guards were savagely murdered. The mobs ripped them to shreds and mutilated their corpses........

People die in revolutions, that's a fact. Doesn't mean the revolutionaries were savages.

King Louis and his aristocratic buddies killed a lot of people too, does that mean they're savages too?

You (Ann) simply can't seperate fact from opinion

Maybe it would help if you actually posted a fact instead of somebody else's opinion

Waiting.

Already posted. You lied about what professors teach on the French Revolution.

Waiting.

Your 'facts' are pointless. This is a political forum. One can reasonably assume that a thread here would make a political point, supported by at least a logical argument, preferably with supporting facts.

Waiting.

Well, if you insist...

"Ordered by the king [Louis XVI] to surrender, more than 600 Swiss guards were savagely murdered. The mobs ripped them to shreds and mutilated their corpses........

People die in revolutions, that's a fact. Doesn't mean the revolutionaries were savages.

King Louis and his aristocratic buddies killed a lot of people too, does that mean they're savages too?

So, no only are you a Liberal Plagiarist, and a windbag....critiquing Coulter but never having read any of her scholarly and well researched tomes...

...but you have gone on to show that you don't understand the words "fact" or "savagery."

Savagery:
"Ordered by the king [Louis XVI] to surrender, more than 600 Swiss guards were savagely murdered. The mobs ripped them to shreds and mutilated their corpses.
“Women, lost to all sense of shame,” said one surviving witness, “were committing the most indecent mutilations on the dead bodies from which they tore pieces of flesh and carried them off in triumph.” Children played kickball with the guards’ heads."

I do sooooo enjoy revealing the depth of ignornance in our Liberal colleagues.

Waiting.

Well, if you insist...

So, no only are you a Liberal Plagiarist, and a windbag....critiquing Coulter but never having read any of her scholarly and well researched tomes...

...but you have gone on to show that you don't understand the words "fact" or "savagery."

Savagery:
“Women, lost to all sense of shame,” said one surviving witness, “were committing the most indecent mutilations on the dead bodies from which they tore pieces of flesh and carried them off in triumph.” Children played kickball with the guards’ heads."

What is your point? That American milennials want to mutilate the Swiss?

lol, jesus

Waiting.

Waiting.

1. I never lie.....that's what makes the two of us the obverse of each other.

2. This is what I wrote:
"Having made the irreparable error of gaining their knowledge of history from 'professors' in those bastions of Liberalism, the universities, far too many millennials believe that the French Revolution was, in any way tantamount, duplicate, analogous to our American Revolution."

It, of course, is totally true and accurate.

The Jacobins who condemned these extreme lefties (Paris peasants) were a more major part of the revolution. And some of that report is probably propaganda. This was after the royal family tried to escape and when France was being attacked from all sides by monarchies.

The Jacobins who condemned these extreme lefties (Paris peasants) were a more major part of the revolution. And some of that report is probably propaganda. This was after the royal family tried to escape and when France was being attacked from all sides by monarchies.

1. Earlier you posted "Thank you, French Revolution."

2. And I reminded all of this:
In ‘The Social Contract’ Rousseau advocated death for anyone who did not uphold the common values of the community: the totalitarian view of reshaping of humanity, echoed in communism, Nazism, progressivism.

The message of the French Revolution was that those in power have the right to slaughter any who disagree.

Only an imbecile would thank that.

Waiting.

Well, if you insist...

Savagery:

lol, jesus

I love when you pretend (lie?) not to understand the point of a thread with which you vehemently disagree....
...it gives me another chance to drive home the point.

Like this:

"The French Revolution was viewed as anti-Christian in general and anti-Catholic in particular. Joseph de Maistre, resident in Lausanne, declared in 1797, "There is a satanic quality to the French Revolution that distinguishes it from everything we have ever seen or are likely to see in the future." "A Laboratory of Liberty: The Transformation of Political Culture in Republican Switzerland, 1750-1848 (Studies in Central European Histories)" By Marc Lerner, p. 83-84
From " Joseph de Maistre: Considerations on France (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought)"
byJoseph de Maistre and Richard A. Lebrun

1. Earlier you posted "Thank you, French Revolution."

2. And I reminded all of this:
In ‘The Social Contract’ Rousseau advocated death for anyone who did not uphold the common values of the community: the totalitarian view of reshaping of humanity, echoed in communism, Nazism, progressivism.

The message of the French Revolution was that those in power have the right to slaughter any who disagree.

Only an imbecile would thank that.
Nazism didn't exist around The time of the French Revolution, or is it a random word you use for no reason?

Waiting.

Well, if you insist...

Savagery:

lol, jesus

I love when you pretend (lie?) not to understand the point of a thread with which you vehemently disagree....
...it gives me another chance to drive home the point.

Like this:

"The French Revolution was viewed as anti-Christian in general and anti-Catholic in particular. Joseph de Maistre, resident in Lausanne, declared in 1797, "There is a satanic quality to the French Revolution that distinguishes it from everything we have ever seen or are likely to see in the future." "A Laboratory of Liberty: The Transformation of Political Culture in Republican Switzerland, 1750-1848 (Studies in Central European Histories)" By Marc Lerner, p. 83-84
From " Joseph de Maistre: Considerations on France (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought)"
byJoseph de Maistre and Richard A. Lebrun

Well then, is the point in your thread title?

Liberals making the French Revolution their own...?

Not true. Nonsensical.

I guess this contrast of the two revolutions is supposed to show why conservatives stand so strongly behind religious freedom

for example in the widespread American conservative outrage at France's banning of burkhas.

...well...errr...uhhh...

I guess this contrast of the two revolutions is supposed to show why conservatives stand so strongly behind religious freedom

for example in the widespread American conservative outrage at France's banning of burkhas.

...well...errr...uhhh...

This is really the best you can do?

Look what I've reduced you to.....

Forum List

Back