Liberals have become so radicalized they have now become what they use to hate

The reality is that we all become like those we hate. When we hated the Commies, America became like the USSR (government surveillance, ideological loyalty oaths). As we switched to hating Islamists, America became more like a Sharia state (legal persecution of gays, War on Women, flamboyant and sanctimonious insertion of religion into public affairs). Becoming like those you hate is one of the fundamental principles of human nature. It is one of the deadly toxins of the poison which is hating people.

You do realize that's precisely what they were saying back then.

Right?

Uh... :confused:

Can you state that in something resembling a complete sentence? Something where, y'know, pronouns are attached to something?

Just say "I don't have a good response to your question, Mac."

It's okay. I know.

I don't -- because you haven't asked one.

Who the fuck is "they"? Opie and Anthony? Liberals? The public? The cast of the Rocky Horror Picture Show? What were "they" saying? Back "when"?

That isn't a question. It's a list of conjunctive adverbs floating in space.
Now if you consider that some kind of "victory", well you're easily amused.

Last edited:
The reality is that we all become like those we hate. When we hated the Commies, America became like the USSR (government surveillance, ideological loyalty oaths). As we switched to hating Islamists, America became more like a Sharia state (legal persecution of gays, War on Women, flamboyant and sanctimonious insertion of religion into public affairs). Becoming like those you hate is one of the fundamental principles of human nature. It is one of the deadly toxins of the poison which is hating people.

^^ Astute. :thup:

Love the sigline too :lol:

Go to any leftwing site on the Internet

nothing but hate spewed about others who doesn't think their way, because it's the only right way in their minds

look at the people in the Democrat party today...telling Republicans they are their way (Obama), they aren't Americans and should leave the country (howard Dean) always accusing others of being racist, called domestic terrorist, etc etc

What a well written post.

Jim Norton (who is left-leaning by the way), knocks it out of the park...

“You have become exactly [like] the conservative, religious book burners of the 40s and the 50s and the 60s. You are it,” Norton said. “You are the speech repressors, you are the hypersensitive ones, you are the ones who want people fired immediately, you are the ones calling for people’s jobs. You have become what you hated.”

"Opie and Anthony" and Jim Norton go off on "trigger words" and college culture - YouTube

This has nothing to do with "Liberalism". Matter of fact it's got nothing to even do with politics. It's about contemporary social mores. But it does speak volumes that the OP doesn't know the difference.

Let alone -- using a shock jock show as political fodder -- just when we thought the bar couldn't be lowered any further...
rofl.gif
I have no idea why you think social mores and politics are mutuually exclusive. At that level, one should not discuss the lowering of bars.

Social mores can't be legislated, that's the main difference. Social engineering via legislation is using an artificial catalyst. For instance banning cannabis or alcohol did nothing to lessen the desire value of those substances; if anything it increased it.

None of what these clowns are talking about is politics anyway. It's cultural values (which they note right at the beginning, right before "jismism"). Has nothing to do with politics unless you want to stretch-to-fit the Liberal maxim "all men are created equal", then it's pseudorelated. But as far as I could tell they were referring to a college campus -- nothing to do with politics.

"Lowering the bar" refers to the idea of using a shock jock show to try to make a political point. These guys are anything but political scientists.

This has nothing to do with "Liberalism". Matter of fact it's got nothing to even do with politics. It's about contemporary social mores. But it does speak volumes that the OP doesn't know the difference.

Let alone -- using a shock jock show as political fodder -- just when we thought the bar couldn't be lowered any further...
rofl.gif
I have no idea why you think social mores and politics are mutuually exclusive. At that level, one should not discuss the lowering of bars.

Social mores can't be legislated, that's the main difference. Social engineering via legislation is using an artificial catalyst. For instance banning cannabis or alcohol did nothing to lessen the desire value of those substances; if anything it increased it.

None of what these clowns are talking about is politics anyway. It's cultural values (which they note right at the beginning, right before "jismism"). Has nothing to do with politics unless you want to stretch-to-fit the Liberal maxim "all men are created equal", then it's pseudorelated. But as far as I could tell they were referring to a college campus -- nothing to do with politics.

"Lowering the bar" refers to the idea of using a shock jock show to try to make a political point. These guys are anything but political scientists.
Pogo, you're an idiot. Social more are indeed the foundation for legislation. I would take you back to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Amendment of almost 100 years prior. Lowering the bar, in this case, is clearly self-inflicted.

Stop being so helplessly misinformed or simply stupid.

Pogo, you're an idiot. Social more are indeed the foundation for legislation. I would take you back to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Amendment of almost 100 years prior. Lowering the bar, in this case, is clearly self-inflicted.

Ad hominem -- that's all you got?

I win. :eusa_dance:

It wasn't so long ago that the Left crowed about "diversity", "inclusion" and "tolerance".

Now those words are only meant for certain people.

Which is just deliciously ironic.

It wasn't so long ago that the Right crowed about "individualism", "free markets" and "democracy".

Now those words are only meant for certain people.

Which is just deliciously ironic.

PS: You can leave both camps, but it makes you unpopular, as people don't like to be told that their camp has done wrong.

Agreed. Independent thinkers are far from accepted or acceptable in a gang fight. You either swear allegiance to one gang or the other or you're automatically a bag guy. I stand 100% behind conservatism but I no longer stand with the GOP (at least not the dominant RINO portion). But the loony left has completely lost ALL credibility. Their arguments are shallow and their reactions to anything and everything that opposes their flimsy platform are done in a classic knee-jerk fashion.

No Pogo, you've clearly lost. The ad hominem was a well-founded afterthought. You have clearly managed to "lower the bar" to a very base level alone, without any help from me.

We have the country you live in now, for better or for worse. Had you guys been in charge we'd still be singing God Save The Queen, and living in log cabins.
Funny thing to say coming from the likes of you.

Isn't it funny how liberals HATE conservatives, but yet try to take credit for every conservative trait.

Conservatives freed the slaves - liberals vehemently opposed it. Then libtards tried to take credit for it.

Conservatives fought for civil rights - liberals vehemently opposed it. Then libtards tried to take credit for it.

Conservatives protect the guns that freed us from England - liberals vehemently opposed it. Then libtards tried to take credit for it.

^^^

Insane.

The tolerance you seek will not be granted. Start your own nation if you want that kind of crap supported and respected.

There are not "kinds" of tolerance chief. There is either tolerance or no tolerance. Liberals are not tolerant. But like everything else, they lie about it.
You are incorrect, and entirely childish, as usual.

People tolerate a certain about of nonsense and misbehavior from their children, but what crosses the line gets them spanked. That doesn't make them Intolerant, it means they have common sense and tolerance, like all things in life, has its limits.

lol.....you mean like when liberal school admins arrest grade school children for bringing a squirt gun to school or pointing their finger and saying 'bang!'......?

when it comes to their agendas liberals have NO tolerance for common sense.....

No Pogo, you've clearly lost. The ad hominem was a well-founded afterthought. You have clearly managed to "lower the bar" to a very base level alone, without any help from me.

'Fraid not Danth. I responded rationally with thoughts, you melted down to "idiot" and "self-inflicted" and "helplessly misinformed" and "stupid".

Ergo -- you lose.

Last edited:
There are not "kinds" of tolerance chief. There is either tolerance or no tolerance. Liberals are not tolerant. But like everything else, they lie about it.
You are incorrect, and entirely childish, as usual.

People tolerate a certain about of nonsense and misbehavior from their children, but what crosses the line gets them spanked. That doesn't make them Intolerant, it means they have common sense and tolerance, like all things in life, has its limits.

lol.....you mean like when liberal school admins arrest grade school children for bringing a squirt gun to school or pointing their finger and saying 'bang!'......?

when it comes to their agendas liberals have NO tolerance for common sense.....
Have common sense, don't be an emotional partisan hack, like you just were.

No asshole.. I listened to a couple of minutes. It was annoying. The dude was reading an article. I got tired of listening to his whining.

By the way. The term is "used to". Dumbass.

Finally, Norton is not a liberal.

So again, you admit you didn't listen to it (because it was "annoying" - how ironic since it was about liberals :lol:), and then in your infinite liberal wisdom, you declare there was "no evidence".

By the way DUMB-ASS, the term is "what they USE to hate" you uneducated, high school drop-out. God Almighty are you dumber than a hammer. And less functional than one.

No. It is "used to". Ask anyone.

Hello dummy. Have you asked anyone yet? Got something you want to say?

Extreme self-righteousness invariably invites extreme intolerance. That's progressivism in a nutshell.

exactly.....liberals (or whatevertheyarecallingthemselvesatthemoment) used to promote tolerance.....now that they've gained power they are as intolerant as hell...

Liberals are the dorky hall monitors we all remember from grade school. If we dont walk on the right side of the hallway, they report us. They're killjoys.

Extreme self-righteousness invariably invites extreme intolerance. That's progressivism in a nutshell.

exactly.....liberals (or whatevertheyarecallingthemselvesatthemoment) used to promote tolerance.....now that they've gained power they are as intolerant as hell...

Liberals are the dorky hall monitors we all remember from grade school. If we dont walk on the right side of the hallway, they report us. They're killjoys.

amazing how much fantasy thinking rightwingnuts engage in.

'Fraid not Danth. I responded rationally with thoughts, you melted down to "idiot" and "self-inflicted" and "helplessly misinformed" and "stupid".

Ergo -- you lose.
Never say die, I get it. Your an idiot because you said social mores cannot be legislated in complete ignorance of the working of democracy.

You are a very sloppy poster with little in the way coherence or logic, in other words - an idiot with a computer and an internet connection.

Funny thing to say coming from the likes of you.

Isn't it funny how liberals HATE conservatives, but yet try to take credit for every conservative trait.

Conservatives freed the slaves - liberals vehemently opposed it. Then libtards tried to take credit for it.

Conservatives fought for civil rights - liberals vehemently opposed it. Then libtards tried to take credit for it.

Conservatives protect the guns that freed us from England - liberals vehemently opposed it. Then libtards tried to take credit for it.

^^^

Insane.

That's not insane. That's batshit insane.

Liberals freed the slaves - following through on the Liberalism that the Founders of this country failed to go all the way on. There is no more Liberal tenet than "all men are created equal". It took the Liberals of the mid-19th century -- Republicans at the time -- to make good on the Promise. It's batshit insane to pretend that the political parties in 2014 represent the same things they represented in 1864. Or even in 1964.

Conservatives fought for civil rights - liberals vehemently opposed it.
The CRA vote has been posted in this forum over and over, showing the geographic disparity, i.e. the liberal/conservative split. Liberals of both parties championed it while conservatives of both parties opposed it. Which again does not mean a Democratic/Republican split, because it's batshit insane to pretend they're synonymous.

Conservatives protect the guns that freed us from England - liberals vehemently opposed it.
Once again, the Second Amendment was written by Liberals espousing Liberalism. To pretend every day is "Opposite Day" is batshit insane.

Watch your head...

Bats-flying.jpg

(/offtopic)

Last edited:

Perfect confirmation that whatever this thread is about, it ain't politics.

Forum List

Back