Liberals Reach New Low: 'Texans DESERVE Harvey Disaster Because They Voted For Trump'

Since all we are hearing about is Houston then his comments interesting considering this map:

TX2016-county-results.png

Yeah, that's right, Houston is a blue dot in a sea of red.
Just look at that gerrymandered map. There's probably more people living in Houston than in all those red areas combined.

Alito’s order on Texas’ gerrymandered maps sends a warning about what could come next
A small but ominous victory for gerrymandered maps.

Alito’s order on Texas’ gerrymandered maps sends a warning about what could come next
Both sides Gerrymander to imply otherwise is just plain BS.

Both sides attempt to Gerrymander.

Personally I think it is wrong regardless of which side does it.

What about you?

Professor: Texans 'Deserve' Harvey Because They Voted For Trump

"A sociology professor at the University of Tampa published a tweet on Sunday afternoon suggesting that Texas residents deserve the death, destruction and suffering caused by Hurricane Harvey because a majority of Texas voters supported Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election."

What a piece of fecal matter.....

:rolleyes:
Rick Wiles: Hurricane Harvey Is Punishment For Houston’s ‘Affinity For The Sexual Perversion Movement’ | Right Wing Watch

Rick Wiles: Hurricane Harvey Is Punishment For Houston’s ‘Affinity For The Sexual Perversion Movement’
By Kyle Mantyla | August 30, 2017 12:04 pm

End Times radio host Rick Wiles used his “TruNews” broadcast yesterday to declare that the damage caused by Hurricane Harvey is God’s punishment for Houston’s “affinity for the sexual perversion movement.”

“This is a proud city that, in recent years, has boasted of its allegiance, its dedication, its devotion to the homosexual/lesbian agenda,” he said.

Wiles asserted that Houston is under God’s judgment because it formerly had a mayor who is a lesbian, currently has “a pro-homosexual mayor,” has persecuted Christian pastors in the city and is among “the top-tier, most gay-friendly cities in America.”

“How’s it working out for them right now?” he asked. “Here’s a city that has boasted of its LGBT devotion, it’s affinity for the sexual perversion movement in America. They’re underwater.”

Yea I don't want to wait for my church in Michigan to send their little token supplies or Taco Bell sends $1 million that will come in a couple months and the funds won't be distributed for years. Send in Uncle Sam.

Unlike the catastrophe caused by Gov. Blanco and now imprisoned Mayor Ray Nagin, Texas was prepared and have done an incredible job in spite of the fact that this was many times worse than they expected.

So what that the money from Taco Bell won't come for a couple months? Do you not think it will be needed? The clean-up will be going on for years.

How much have you contributed?

What fills you with so much hate?
And if I believed in God I would think this was good teaching the Texas legislature a lesson.

Let's just call it karma

You do know that Houston voted for Hillary, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since all we are hearing about is Houston then his comments interesting considering this map:

TX2016-county-results.png

Yeah, that's right, Houston is a blue dot in a sea of red.
Just look at that gerrymandered map. There's probably more people living in Houston than in all those red areas combined.

A small but ominous victory for gerrymandered maps.

Both sides Gerrymander to imply otherwise is just plain BS.

Both sides attempt to Gerrymander.

Personally I think it is wrong regardless of which side does it.

What about you?
Agree totally. They said it started out harmless or benign but now they have it down to a science and we the people aren't being properly represented. But good luck getting the GOP to change it now that it's in their favor. Just like the Hurricane. When it was New Jersey they said no but now that it's them it's a clear YES to federal aid. Mother fuckers. LOL

Yea I don't want to wait for my church in Michigan to send their little token supplies or Taco Bell sends $1 million that will come in a couple months and the funds won't be distributed for years. Send in Uncle Sam.

Unlike the catastrophe caused by Gov. Blanco and now imprisoned Mayor Ray Nagin, Texas was prepared and have done an incredible job in spite of the fact that this was many times worse than they expected.

So what that the money from Taco Bell won't come for a couple months? Do you not think it will be needed? The clean-up will be going on for years.

And if I believed in God I would think this was good teaching the Texas legislature a lesson.

Let's just call it karma

Yea but Texas will have to pay for Houston.

Oh, and do you think Houston will vote for Republicans if they hang them out to dry? Literally!!!

This is the typical right wing bullshit. Every poor city is Democratic you fucking stupid shit! But they are under Republican rule. As the map shows they are clearly surrounded by rural hick red counties. And those hicks have more power than they should. More representation than they should in the House.

Let's just call it karma

You do know that every Texas Republican (except one) voted no to helping Hurricane Sandy victims in another state, right? So why should we help Texas?

Keep in mind the pork rider lie Ted Cruz told was debunked.

"A sociology professor at the University of Tampa published a tweet on Sunday afternoon suggesting that Texas residents deserve the death, destruction and suffering caused by Hurricane Harvey because a majority of Texas voters supported Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election."

You think one crazy crackpot in FloriDuh deserves your attention? Can't you find anything else to post about? Bored much?

You are an attention whore. Your thread title is a fucking lie, too.

Unfortunately, he reflects the view of many of you other crazy crackpots.

Many? Name some. Thanks.

I don't know any, myself. I avoid the deranged by default. But the attitude is nothing new.

Let's just call it karma

You do know that every Texas Republican (except one) voted no to helping Hurricane Sandy victims in another state, right? So why should we help Texas?

Keep in mind the pork rider lie Ted Cruz told was debunked.

I am sure that if Ted Cruz finds ANY pork in the Harvey relief bill that he will vote against it

Rick Wiles: Hurricane Harvey Is Punishment For Houston’s ‘Affinity For The Sexual Perversion Movement’ | Right Wing Watch

Rick Wiles: Hurricane Harvey Is Punishment For Houston’s ‘Affinity For The Sexual Perversion Movement’
By Kyle Mantyla | August 30, 2017 12:04 pm

End Times radio host Rick Wiles used his “TruNews” broadcast yesterday to declare that the damage caused by Hurricane Harvey is God’s punishment for Houston’s “affinity for the sexual perversion movement.”

“This is a proud city that, in recent years, has boasted of its allegiance, its dedication, its devotion to the homosexual/lesbian agenda,” he said.

Wiles asserted that Houston is under God’s judgment because it formerly had a mayor who is a lesbian, currently has “a pro-homosexual mayor,” has persecuted Christian pastors in the city and is among “the top-tier, most gay-friendly cities in America.”

“How’s it working out for them right now?” he asked. “Here’s a city that has boasted of its LGBT devotion, it’s affinity for the sexual perversion movement in America. They’re underwater.”

I'm not sure ol'Rickie is correct. Isn't God's punishment for that Fire and Brimstone?

When all but one Texas Republican voted no during Sandy, what fucking possible reason could you give me for helping their constituents.

Did those bastards get voted out of office? Nope. Texans didn't care much that their politicians voted no to helping victims of Sandy. So the citizens are little eichmans. Look it up.

As always, the Progressives here twist the truth to fit their agenda. The FACT of the matter is that the "Financial Aid" bill was LOADED WITH PORK, items totally unrelated to Sandy.

Well lets look at the 'Facts'

Analysis | Ted Cruz’s claim that two-thirds of the Hurricane Sandy bill ‘had nothing to do with Sandy’

“The problem with that particular bill is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork. Two-thirds of that bill had nothing to do with Sandy.”
— Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), interview with NBC’s Katy Tur, Aug. 28, 2017

The Congressional Research Service issued a comprehensive report on the provisions, and it’s clear that virtually all of it was related to the damage caused by Sandy. There may have been some pork in an earlier Senate version, but many of those items were removed before final passage. There were also some items that appear to have been misunderstood.

Ryan, for instance, referred in a statement to “non-Sandy expenses,” such as “sand dunes at the Kennedy Space Center, highway repairs in the Virgin Islands, and roof repairs in Washington, D.C.” But Sandy was a storm that stretched far beyond New Jersey and New York as it raced up from the Caribbean.

The Smithsonian Institution suffered roof leaks from heavy winds and torrential rain, resulting in a $2 million request. The shoreline near Launch Pads 39A and B at the Kennedy Space Center also suffered major erosion, leaving the ocean less than a quarter-mile away, so $15 million was added to deal with that problem and repair a NASA facility on Wallops Island in Virginia that also was damaged by Sandy. We couldn’t find a line-item for Virgin Islands highway funding, so it appears to have been relatively minor.

The bill did wrap in some other 2012 disaster funding, including disasters that had been declared over Alaska Chinook salmon, New England groundfish, Mississippi fisheries and American Samoa bottomfish. Those are the fisheries that the Cornyn spokesman referenced — but they were disaster declarations. So one would think it would make sense to include relief in a disaster bill.

Some lawmakers complained about $100 million in funding for Head Start, but that was limited to facilities that had been damaged in New Jersey and New York.

This being Congress, one of course can find some eyebrow-raising provisions. In particular, there was $16 billion for the account that funds Community Development Block Grants, which were aimed at Sandy relief but also could be used for eligible disaster events in calendar years 2011, 2012 and 2013. So the main focus was Sandy, but the money could be moved to assist other disaster relief efforts over a three-year period.

Still, it’s all related to disaster relief.

The bill also included tribal and state clean water and pollution mitigation grants ($600 million), funds to improve weather forecasting ($25 million), and upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration aircraft ($44.5 million). Those provisions were intended to prevent future disasters but arguably were not related to Sandy. But that’s less than 2 percent of the total.

You don't follow along too well... Probably because you RELY on "fact-checkers" rather than doing any research.

Congress LIES all the time. Because they Purposely confuse bills that "evolve" thru several votes and committees. Originally proposed by OBAMA as $69Bill worth of MOSTLY pork..

http://nypost.com/2012/12/15/obama-...th-holiday-goodies-unrelated-to-storm-damage/

WASHINGTON — President Obama’s $60.4 billion request for Hurricane Sandy relief has morphed into a huge Christmas stocking of goodies for federal agencies and even the state of Alaska, The Post has learned.

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

Budget watchdogs have dubbed the 94-page emergency-spending bill “Sandy Scam.”

web_help-525x373.jpg

THANKS to Repub opposition like Ted Cruz and others --- this then got pared down to about a $12Bill bill which STILL INCLUDED projects unrelated to Sandy. And FINALLY ended up as a "Sandy Only" bill to FINALLY get the relief money. MONTHS of time expired to fix this. And the snapping poodles on both sides of your tribal conflict can find ANYTHING THEY WANT to quote as fact to keep fighting over this. Including those biased, partisan, shit-headed "fact-checkers" of yours. They just SELECTIVELY QUOTE and do shady "condensing" of the time line and events.

Fact is -- that relief for Sandy WAS delayed months because Obama and Dems used it as an opportunity to load up the 2nd Stimulus bill that they never got...

More from the Obama proposed "Sandy" bill..

$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.

Your "fact checkers" make all dolts look like the kid cheating off his neighbor during a test.. MAJORITY of the original proposed funding was NOT Sandy relief.. It got whittled from $60Bill to $9.7Bill -- So your deceitful fact-checkers just ignored the "facts" to make you look stupid...

lol, you ridicule factcheckers and then provide your own 'factcheckers'.

Goddam that's funny.

Obviously, you're situationally impaired. The source I used doesn't CLAIM to be a "fact checker". Isn't trying to spin and make a case. Just reporting the ACTUAL content of the bill as it went from from $60Bill pork Calzone, to an actual Sandy Only relief bill. Over a period of months.

I never made the claim. They never made the claim. It was "real time" reporting, not history re-writing..

When all but one Texas Republican voted no during Sandy, what fucking possible reason could you give me for helping their constituents.

Did those bastards get voted out of office? Nope. Texans didn't care much that their politicians voted no to helping victims of Sandy. So the citizens are little eichmans. Look it up.

As always, the Progressives here twist the truth to fit their agenda. The FACT of the matter is that the "Financial Aid" bill was LOADED WITH PORK, items totally unrelated to Sandy.

Analysis | Ted Cruz’s claim that two-thirds of the Hurricane Sandy bill ‘had nothing to do with Sandy’

“The problem with that particular bill is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork. Two-thirds of that bill had nothing to do with Sandy.”

The Congressional Research Service issued a comprehensive report on the provisions, and it’s clear that virtually all of it was related to the damage caused by Sandy. There may have been some pork in an earlier Senate version, but many of those items were removed before final passage. There were also some items that appear to have been misunderstood.

Ryan, for instance, referred in a statement to “non-Sandy expenses,” such as “sand dunes at the Kennedy Space Center, highway repairs in the Virgin Islands, and roof repairs in Washington, D.C.” But Sandy was a storm that stretched far beyond New Jersey and New York as it raced up from the Caribbean.

The Smithsonian Institution suffered roof leaks from heavy winds and torrential rain, resulting in a $2 million request. The shoreline near Launch Pads 39A and B at the Kennedy Space Center also suffered major erosion, leaving the ocean less than a quarter-mile away, so $15 million was added to deal with that problem and repair a NASA facility on Wallops Island in Virginia that also was damaged by Sandy. We couldn’t find a line-item for Virgin Islands highway funding, so it appears to have been relatively minor.

The bill did wrap in some other 2012 disaster funding, including disasters that had been declared over Alaska Chinook salmon, New England groundfish, Mississippi fisheries and American Samoa bottomfish. Those are the fisheries that the Cornyn spokesman referenced — but they were disaster declarations. So one would think it would make sense to include relief in a disaster bill.

Some lawmakers complained about $100 million in funding for Head Start, but that was limited to facilities that had been damaged in New Jersey and New York.

This being Congress, one of course can find some eyebrow-raising provisions. In particular, there was $16 billion for the account that funds Community Development Block Grants, which were aimed at Sandy relief but also could be used for eligible disaster events in calendar years 2011, 2012 and 2013. So the main focus was Sandy, but the money could be moved to assist other disaster relief efforts over a three-year period.

The bill also included tribal and state clean water and pollution mitigation grants ($600 million), funds to improve weather forecasting ($25 million), and upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration aircraft ($44.5 million). Those provisions were intended to prevent future disasters but arguably were not related to Sandy. But that’s less than 2 percent of the total.

You don't follow along too well... Probably because you RELY on "fact-checkers" rather than doing any research.

Congress LIES all the time. Because they Purposely confuse bills that "evolve" thru several votes and committees. Originally proposed by OBAMA as $69Bill worth of MOSTLY pork..
Your "fact checkers" make all dolts look like the kid cheating off his neighbor during a test.. MAJORITY of the original proposed funding was NOT Sandy relief.. It got whittled from $60Bill to $9.7Bill -- So your deceitful fact-checkers just ignored the "facts" to make you look stupid...

Ted Cruz has claimed that the bill he voted against was 70% pork. You offer comments on the original bill- not the bill Cruz voted against.

You didn't even try to dispute the facts of the $50 billion dollar bill that Cruz voted against.

...yet Trump and his team have done an extremely good job to date regarding Harvey, praised by the Left and Right...except for the Left Wing whackos who hate Trump no matter what.

97 percent of scientists say it is no hoax. Only Republicans still deny it

That 97 percent thing has been debunked for so long I'd have expected far, far left Progressives like yourself to have given up trying to shove that one past anyone. So, you're that desperate?

Actually, it hasn't

No legitimate scientist believes climate change is a myth....Only Republicans

Actually it has. In order to have a "consensus" -- you have to have a SPECIFIC question. And the question in the case of the 97% survey (which was fatally flawed in methodology anyways) was a general question. Like -- Is the Planet warming and does CO2 and man play a role in that warming.

I believe that statement is true. So there probably IS some kind of "consensus" on that PARTICULAR question.

But your problem is that CATASTROPHIC AGW, like was advertised in the 1980s,, is a WHOLE BUNCH of important questions. Like what will be the MAGNITUDE of that warming, and how MUCH is due to CO2 and man. NONE of the more IMPORTANT claims of GW are tested or broached by ONE FUCKING QUESTION. It doesn't answer what the temperature will be in 2100. It doesn't say there's a consensus on "trigger temperatures", or runaway GW, or whether "feedbacks" dominate as net negative or positive.

So with ONE simple question -- any "consensus" is horseshit and meaningless when compared to the scope of the science REQUIRED to make any political/societal planning or mitigation..

The 97% thingy is pure noise and smoke.. There IS NO 97% consensus on the OTHER 80 or 100 vital questions. Look for instance at the series of polls by Bray and von Storch. Over 70 to 100 questions asked about 3 different times over 10 or 12 years.

...yet Trump and his team have done an extremely good job to date regarding Harvey, praised by the Left and Right...except for the Left Wing whackos who hate Trump no matter what.
Well this is an easy one for Trump. Plus it helps his re election bid. Hey, if he'd keep his stupid mouth shut we would have a lot less to criticize. It seems like he says stupid shit with the intentions of fighting.

And when he's not fighting us he's fighting Republicans. I sort of love him for it.

Do you know that he is becoming my president finally? I don't cringe anymore when I hear President Trump. How many years did it take you to be able to say president Obama?

http://nypost.com/2012/12/15/obama-...th-holiday-goodies-unrelated-to-storm-damage/

WASHINGTON — President Obama’s $60.4 billion request for Hurricane Sandy relief has morphed into a huge Christmas stocking of goodies for federal agencies and even the state of Alaska, The Post has learned.

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

Budget watchdogs have dubbed the 94-page emergency-spending bill “Sandy Scam.”

web_help-525x373.jpg

THANKS to Repub opposition like Ted Cruz and others --- this then got pared down to about a $12Bill bill which STILL INCLUDED projects unrelated to Sandy. And FINALLY ended up as a "Sandy Only" bill to FINALLY get the relief money. MONTHS of time expired to fix this. And the snapping poodles on both sides of your tribal conflict can find ANYTHING THEY WANT to quote as fact to keep fighting over this. Including those biased, partisan, shit-headed "fact-checkers" of yours. They just SELECTIVELY QUOTE and do shady "condensing" of the time line and events.

Fact is -- that relief for Sandy WAS delayed months because Obama and Dems used it as an opportunity to load up the 2nd Stimulus bill that they never got...

More from the Obama proposed "Sandy" bill..

$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.

lol, you ridicule factcheckers and then provide your own 'factcheckers'.

Goddam that's funny.
all related to disaster relief and repubs played politics F them and F texas ,,A New Yorker

Funny to watch you dense partisan puppets try to ignore the facts. Truely is. That's how you REMAIN dense....

And money for Alaskan Fisheries???? Read the list -- educate yourselves, go blame your "fact checkers" --- not me or the ole meany Repubs.

Forum List

Back