Liberals: The "RICH" keep more of there wealth, they are given nothing

Our system is misaligned such that the supply side has all the capital and the demand side not nearly enough.

After 40 years of one policy after the other that really only benefits the investment class, this is hardly surprising.

Our system is misaligned such that the supply side has all the capital and the demand side not nearly enough.

After 40 years of one policy after the other that really only benefits the investment class, this is hardly surprising.
You kidding?

The Fed can print up all the capital they want....That's one of the biggest reasons we're in the fix we're in right now.

You lost me
I espouse?
Yes, you espouse: adopt, follow etc..

I am at present working in a refinery, building a new refinery in the middle of the one that is operating
My home is in Florida. There has been no real work in Florida for years. yes you can make 25, 35,000 a year with no Benefits building homes, etc...
now thats gone
"rational self interest"
do you know why this is the only economy Florida has?
No competition
we have plenty of oil
plenty of place to refine it
we could do it smart, peoples shit and piss filling our aquifer along with all the items they spray on there yards is as much pollution as any nuke, oil extraction, refinement as anything
you have no idea what your talking about. if you want to make money today this is what you do

So, how many oil companies have applied for permits to build refineries in Florida in say, the past 30 years? <that's a rhetorical question, by the way>

Yes, indeedy - rational self interest. vs. Irrational interest in others.

Why would they waste there time?

Because they think it would be profitable? Oh wait - they DON'T think it would be profitable? hmm..We might be on to something here, JRK.

And whats that got to do with you accusing me of carrying the water for other peoples interest and now you claim my interest are not rational?
You know bud no body ever gave me anything
you no doubt are living on OPM
other peoples money

I'm living on money I earned. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. The closest I get to other people's money is when other people give me there money in exchange for my time.

It also speaks volumes that you cannot come up with one thing rational or good about the way you believe.
Keeping more of the wealth I earn is a belief, I believe that people like yourself need to go and get a job and become part of the solution

I believe people like you need to quit acting like you know who you're talking to and shut the fuck up.

If you would do that, i could keep more of my wealth and that person who gave 39% federal in 2002 that gave 35% in 2004 could keep more of his also

if you had even a cursory understanding of marginal tax rates, you'd know that no one gave 39% in federal taxes. But you've proven otherwise.

I like the story of "The Three Little Pigs".
You know, where the big bad wolf huffs and he puffs and he blows down the straw house of one pig and the stick house of the second pig and can not get anywhere as he attempts and fails trying to blow down the BRICK house of the third pig.
That 8 page illustrated book had more influence on me than any other book I read.
BUILD A BRICK HOUSE.

Yes, you espouse: adopt, follow etc..

So, how many oil companies have applied for permits to build refineries in Florida in say, the past 30 years? <that's a rhetorical question, by the way>

Yes, indeedy - rational self interest. vs. Irrational interest in others.

Why would they waste there time?

Because they think it would be profitable? Oh wait - they DON'T think it would be profitable? hmm..We might be on to something here, JRK.

I'm living on money I earned. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. The closest I get to other people's money is when other people give me there money in exchange for my time.

It also speaks volumes that you cannot come up with one thing rational or good about the way you believe.
Keeping more of the wealth I earn is a belief, I believe that people like yourself need to go and get a job and become part of the solution

I believe people like you need to quit acting like you know who you're talking to and shut the fuck up.

If you would do that, i could keep more of my wealth and that person who gave 39% federal in 2002 that gave 35% in 2004 could keep more of his also

if you had even a cursory understanding of marginal tax rates, you'd know that no one gave 39% in federal taxes. But you've proven otherwise.

No clue what i am talking about? I do know this
you do not pay any income tax o what ever service you provide. you know you want to pay more in income tax, then go right ahead

Shut the fuck up? now thats being part of the solution

As far as tax rates go
Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2010 and 2011

Marginal?
did I say something about OPM? Savings?

Look you got your feelings hurt, for that I am sorry
As a liberal you never debate the issues, you then make everyone realize you have no place in the debate to start with
You want to pay more income tax?
why?
you think I should pay more income tax
why?
you never once stated why you think a persons wealth belongs to some-one else

all you have done is attack a position and a person you know nothing about

Wealth?
from my stocks to my job salary, it gets reduced every year by taxes
Its part of being an American
Enough is Enough
If GWB and congress decided to allow us to keep more of our wealth, it was the right thing to do
If BHO wants to run up the debt so Hi just so he can raise the amount of taxes I pay, its the wrong thing to do
one more thing
When your paying 5.00 a gallon for gas, those companies that I stated about 'wasting there time" in Florida had nothing to do with profit, at 5.00 a gallon there going to be making profit, That comment has everything to do with opportunity, or the lack of

Last edited:
you do not pay any income tax o what ever service you provide.
That will come as quite a shock to my accountant!

Oh, you really don't know how marginal taxes work? OK then. Suffice to say that no one pays the top marginal rate on all of their income.

You want to pay more income tax?
why?
No, I don't "want" to. We can't have everything we want.
you think I should pay more income tax
why?

I don't know if I "want" you to pay more income taxes. That would depend on your income.
you never once stated why you think a persons wealth belongs to some-one else

Taxes are the cost to live a safe, civilized society.

Excuse me? Did you read what you wrote about me in your last post.

If GWB and congress decided to allow us to keep more of our wealth, it was the right thing to do

He didn't decide that - he just decided to bill you later.

Let me add on more item for all to think about

If everyone of us had to sit down with an IRS agent and count out our income tax in 20.00 bills once a year what do you think these conversations would be like?

Lets say you owe 10k

at what point in those 500 20 dollar bills would you say wait a minute
Hmmmmm?

you do not pay any income tax o what ever service you provide.
That will come as quite a shock to my accountant!

Oh, you really don't know how marginal taxes work? OK then. Suffice to say that no one pays the top marginal rate on all of their income.

No, I don't "want" to. We can't have everything we want.

I don't know if I "want" you to pay more income taxes. That would depend on your income.

Taxes are the cost to live a safe, civilized society.

Excuse me? Did you read what you wrote about me in your last post.

He didn't decide that - he just decided to bill you later.

GWB had nothing to do with Obamas deficits
nothing

A balanced budget was 150 billion dollars away in 2007
now its 1.5 trillion dollars away in 2010
Thats spending, thats policies, not a tax cut
Thats a deficit we did not need. It has done nothing to help the housing crises.

1) Marginal, income, sales, death, capital gains, corporate, does it matter?
2) The system is broke. you punish me for making 100,000 a year, then I will in time only make 50. Its not about paying tax.
Its the way we pay it. Its the way so many do not pay it. Its what we are using it for. Its giving the UAW Chrysler and GM and allowing Enron to collapse. Different? broke is broke.

Would it do you good if the corporate tax rate (which should not even exist in my opinion) went to a place where the rest of those providing jobs, taking the risk, etc.... went else where?
and in stead of asking a conservative why he thinks the corporate tax is BS, the Liberal attacks
And yet a corporation is just a piece of paper
we collect taxes from a piece of paper?
I do not think so, think about that for a minute

The system is broke
Its not only the amount, its a bigger issue with the how

One other thing. Stop assuming conservatives have an issue with paying his or her taxes. In fact all the tax crooks lately have been from the left

nothing

So the wars, and medicare Part D, and the increased farm subsidies, and the tax cuts that all happened during the Bush administration...had no impact on the budget of the Obama administration?

OK.

Thats spending,
No, as I've already demonstrated that's a significant decline in revenues. you might remember that the deepest recession since WW2 started in December of 2007.

1) Marginal, income, sales, death, capital gains, corporate, does it matter?

Yes, it matters.

2) The system is broke. you punish me for making 100,000 a year, then I will in time only make 50. Its not about paying tax.

So you think that when the tax rates go up, people start making less?

Do you have a single shred of evidence to support this? While you're looking, try this on for size: The top marginal rate during Eisenhower's time was 91%. That was also the time of some of the greatest wealth accumulation and wage increases in US history.

In 1993, Bill Clinton raised taxes. The seven years that followed saw a dramatic increase in the wealth of the top 10% of Americans.

We collect taxes from the corporate entity. It is just as capable as any other tax-paying entity to save, to invest, to consume and to pay taxes out of revenues.

nothing

So the wars, and medicare Part D, and the increased farm subsidies, and the tax cuts that all happened during the Bush administration...had no impact on the budget of the Obama administration?

OK.

Thats spending,
No, as I've already demonstrated that's a significant decline in revenues. you might remember that the deepest recession since WW2 started in December of 2007.

Yes, it matters.

Do you have a single shred of evidence to support this? While you're looking, try this on for size: The top marginal rate during Eisenhower's time was 91%. That was also the time of some of the greatest wealth accumulation and wage increases in US history.

In 1993, Bill Clinton raised taxes. The seven years that followed saw a dramatic increase in the wealth of the top 10% of Americans.

We collect taxes from the corporate entity. It is just as capable as any other tax-paying entity to save, to invest, to consume and to pay taxes out of revenues.

If tax rates go up people start WORKING LESS.
At some point I say FUCK IT.
When will you people start to KNOW that wealthy people do not have to work if they do not have to?
Why work if I have to give more of my $$ away? It isn't worth it.

And none of my 3 coroporations has ever paid one cent of taxes. No corporation ever does.
PEOPLE pay taxes. All my corporations do IS RAISE THEIR PRICES to cover the taxes. The PEOPLE, THE CONSUMERS always pay the taxes. All we do IS COLLECT THE TAXES.
All corporations are is entities.

nothing

OK.

Thats spending,

Yes, it matters.

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.compaes.txt
This is what your lower taxes along with de regulation did from 1982 thru 2008
thats 46 million jobs created thru wars, recessions 9-11, etc....
1982...... 89,677 73,695 22,550 1,163 4,024 17,363
1983...... 90,280 74,269 22,110 997 4,065 17,048
1984...... 94,530 78,371 23,435 1,014 4,501 17,920
1985...... 97,511 80,978 23,585 974 4,793 17,819
1986...... 99,474 82,636 23,318 829 4,937 17,552
1987...... 102,088 84,932 23,470 771 5,090 17,609
1988...... 105,345 87,806 23,909 770 5,233 17,906
1989...... 108,014 90,087 24,045 750 5,309 17,985

1990...... 109,487 91,072 23,723 765 5,263 17,695
1991...... 108,375 89,829 22,588 739 4,780 17,068
1992...... 108,726 89,940 22,095 689 4,608 16,799
1993...... 110,844 91,855 22,219 666 4,779 16,774
1994...... 114,291 95,016 22,774 659 5,095 17,020
1995...... 117,298 97,865 23,156 641 5,274 17,241
1996...... 119,708 100,169 23,409 637 5,536 17,237
1997...... 122,776 103,113 23,886 654 5,813 17,419
1998...... 125,930 106,021 24,354 645 6,149 17,560
1999...... 128,993 108,686 24,465 598 6,545 17,322

2000...... 131,785 110,995 24,649 599 6,787 17,263
2001...... 131,826 110,708 23,873 606 6,826 16,441
2002...... 130,341 108,828 22,557 583 6,716 15,259
2003...... 129,999 108,416 21,816 572 6,735 14,510
2004...... 131,435 109,814 21,882 591 6,976 14,315
2005...... 133,703 111,899 22,190 628 7,336 14,226
2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,531 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406

Ok
lets take 2007 deficit and one year of a 800 billion dollar failed stimulus and go back to the 2007 defcit in 2010
what in the hell have we done with the other 5 trillion?
I mean really
you libs keep talking like the "recession" is the reason
we paid for very thing you said and now we have one less war in 2007 with 150 billion more than we brought in
Now we need 10 times that with one less war

My friend I tried, I knew your not what you say you are
I told you to think about it
People pay every tax we have in this country, corporations pay 0
you raise there tax, your going to pay for it
Gallon of gas price has 18 cents for every gallon on federal sales, and probably about 5% of cost to cover federal income
same with your GM truck
your good year tire

if you own a business and do not
you will not survive

The system is broke, these people go over seas to avoid this
they can sell there product allot lower just in taxes they have saved

Young man, corporations have but one place they get there welth, thats you and I

Another give away
Farm subsidies
he Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110-234, 122 Stat. 923, enacted May 22, 2008, H.R. 2419, also known as the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill) was a $288 billion, five-year agricultural policy bill that was passed into law by the United States Congress on June 18, 2008. The bill was a continuation of the 2002 Farm Bill. It continues the United States' long history of agricultural subsidy as well as pursuing areas such as energy, conservation, nutrition, and rural development.[1] Some specific initiatives in the bill include increases in Food Stamp benefits, increased support for the production of cellulosic ethanol, and money for the research of pests, diseases and other agricultural problems.

that was democratic senate in 2002 and congress in 2008 that passed this into law
and thats about 60 billion a year that is 1.45 trillion short of a Bush causing this problem

again
2007 we were within 150 billion of breaking even
Medicare has its own tax
it should be treated the same

You have no knowledge of economics at all, you should stop using terms you don't understand.

You have no knowledge of economics at all, you should stop using terms you don't understand.

Kaz this is what is wrong with our country
People want to raise taxes on corporation when corporations do not even pay taxes

People want to raise taxes on corporation when corporations do not even pay taxes

Yes, they collect them. I'd be OK with that as corporate taxes are a regressive tax on the poor because corporate taxes are really a tax based on the amount of your income you spent, and the poorer you are the higher a percent of your income they spend.

But unfortunately they also have the side effect of favoring inefficient companies over efficient ones, foreign over domestic companies and American companies who manufacture overseas. Ironically the left talk about incenting domestic production.

What he said that was just clueless though was supply having more money then consumption. Only government can create that condition, the market holds them in equilibrium by nature.

Last edited:

Yes, they collect them. I'd be OK with that as corporate taxes are a regressive tax on the poor because corporate taxes are really a tax based on the amount of your income you spent, and the poorer you are the higher a percent of your income they spend.

But unfortunately they also have the side effect of favoring inefficient companies over efficient ones, foreign over domestic companies and American companies who manufacture overseas. Ironically the left talk about incenting domestic production.

What he said that was just clueless though was supply having more money then consumption. Only government can create that condition, the market holds them in equilibrium by nature.

my friend it is up side down
The conservative is the best friend a poor working person could have., I will keep saying our system id broke
It would be so much better on everyone if we had a flat tax/sales tax/anything better than what we have
I truly think a sales tax like Texas has would work

Then prove what he said is wrong.

Tax rates changing from 39 cents per every dollar you earn changing to 35 cents per every dollar you earn is not the same as being give money Liberals
If I pay 78000 in income tax one year and 70 the next
thats insulting for anyone to claim that person was given anything

You're really quite stupid.

You know I surfed for years all along the east coast
stupid?
you call a person stupid you know nothing about, I bet your family is proud of you

You're supporting your alleged intellectual credentials with surfing experience??

Dude, please...

What is wrong with working harder than the next guy and not wanting to have to pay a higher % of your income than he did?
All the while funding a % of their lives through social programs.

What is wrong with working harder than the next guy and not wanting to have to pay a higher % of your income than he did?
All the while funding a % of their lives through social programs.

According to dimmies wanting to keep more of your own money makes you greedy, evil, selfish and cold hearted because if you keep more of your own money

PEOPLE WILL DIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back