Liberals: The "RICH" keep more of there wealth, they are given nothing

I see very good arguments on BOTH sides of the issue. I do not agree with most of them but am always willing to look at all of the opinions out there.
As someone that owns businesses I have to keep an open mind.

Is you business profitable?
Do you have capital gains each year?
If you had 10% more each year what would you do with it?

When our talking taxes and wealth these are the items in debate
Taxes are paid by a certain group in this country. Not all people pay taxes

Capital gains is when you sell a capital item and there is a gain. No one is selling much of anything these days for any gain because the economy is so bad. We are all holding.
One of my businesses is investment and there have not been any gains in 3 years. You buy low and sell high.
My other businesses show profits and I pay income taxes on those.
I am 56. When I do sell for gain out of my investment company MY FAT ASS IS RETIRING.
Lower the capital gains tax, or better yet eliminate it, and you would see the biggest economic boom ever here.

I agree.
Another issue I have is if you pay income tax, why should you also pay a corporate tax?
"corporations" at some point in time become individuals
Its is hard to claim a corporation makes a 'profit" while the individual took a loss
the system is broke

Oh! the poor little rich people.

They're so put upon by the nation that gave them everything they have and protects it for them, too.

Let's all collectively weap crocidile tears in sympathy for those poor poor billionaires, shall we?

Yeah those evil rich. They bust their ass for 40 years working 70 hours a week, risking every penny they have, employing others, always paying their taxes, drive old cars while their neighbors drive brand new cars, send their kids to the university and pay for it themselves while their neighbors spend their $$ on retirement homes and get state $$ for their kids to go to school, invest their capital in their local banks for the community to have somewhere to borrow $$, support and fund the local youth rec leagues for 20 years, donate time and $$ to the arts in the community, fund the local women's shelter, help build the local animal shelter and build homes for Habitat for Humanity.
Just to name a few.
Those evil, foul wealthy people. How DARE they work twice as hard as the next guy and have more than him. WHAT NERVE!

You sound like you and I live the same life

I see very good arguments on BOTH sides of the issue. I do not agree with most of them but am always willing to look at all of the opinions out there.
As someone that owns businesses I have to keep an open mind.

Is you business profitable?
Do you have capital gains each year?
If you had 10% more each year what would you do with it?

When our talking taxes and wealth these are the items in debate
Taxes are paid by a certain group in this country. Not all people pay taxes

A profit resulting in doing more business is not taxed as capital gains.

Capital gains are assessed based on the purchase price and/or initial and subsequent investment an owner makes in the business and what the price the business as a whole brings if sold.

If I invested a million in a business and subsequently invested another million of my own money over 5 years then sold the business for 5 million, then 3 million of the sale price would be subject to capital gains.

For an S corp like mine a 10% increase in profit shows up as income and depending on how I pay it out it will be taxed as either a dividend or as regular income not as capital gains.

The Government subsidizing the labor market allows employers to keep wages artificially low. When the government picks up the tab for living costs the market does not have to compensate.

Assumes facts not in existence.

You are attempting to create a myth, but it is too absurd for any but the most stupid to believe it. The most stupid are obviously leftists, so you're preaching to the choir.

[Your contempt of the disadvantaged is evident. You do not understand the plight of the unemployed, the homeless, the worker who recieves next to nothing for the backbreaking labor he pours into a business only to see his boss, sitting in a chair while he toils in his own sweat, giving his body and his time, his entire life to recieve only crumbs from the master's table.

"Please sir, can I have more?" America is nothing but 1860's sweatshops in London...

ROFL

You're so full of shit. What a fucking fool.

You are blind if you have not seen the terrible consequences of poverty in this country.

What I see are poverty pimps who make a career out of exploiting the lowest segments of society.

When your bosses came to instruct you to go riot in Wisconsin, was he and his entourage in a fleet of Escalades? When you and the other instigators were shipped off, were you in buses?

You're not real sharp, are you?

The problem here is the ones who earn a living have one reality. those who do not or not enough to pay any taxes have another
the problem lies here
And for those who are in the do not, do not realize that getting those of us who do able to keep more only will help them
By far the largest obstacle to overcome is opportunity. I have said for a long time the housing bubble would be a non issue if we where allowed to extract oil, both crude and shale like Canada is, these issues would be much smaller
We could do the same Palin did in Alaska.

Tax rates changing from 39 cents per every dollar you earn changing to 35 cents per every dollar you earn is not the same as being give money Liberals
If I pay 78000 in income tax one year and 70 the next
thats insulting for anyone to claim that person was given anything

Do the wealthiest fleebags in the nation pay you to propagandize for them, or do you do it free of charge?

Tax rates changing from 39 cents per every dollar you earn changing to 35 cents per every dollar you earn is not the same as being give money Liberals

Do the wealthiest fleebags in the nation pay you to propagandize for them, or do you do it free of charge?

Why would you be angry at someone who pays that much money into our treasury?
Propaganda?
Its just accurate information that for some reason you do not like
You know you Libs are losing the war, and this is why
fleebag?

I'm not angry at people who pay much into treasury - The fleabags are the ones who fill middle-class heads with notions such as the one you espouse. The fleabags are the ones who have convinced a large segment of the population to vote against their own rational self-interest.

Propaganda?

You say that in every thread. Facts are what they are - which facts you chose and how you use them is where the propaganda comes in.

I'm not angry at people who pay much into treasury - The fleabags are the ones who fill middle-class heads with notions such as the one you espouse. The fleabags are the ones who have convinced a large segment of the population to vote against their own rational self-interest.

Propaganda?

You say that in every thread. Facts are what they are - which facts you chose and how you use them is where the propaganda comes in.

You lost me
I espouse?
I am at present working in a refinery, building a new refinery in the middle of the one that is operating
My home is in Florida. There has been no real work in Florida for years. yes you can make 25, 35,000 a year with no Benefits building homes, etc...
now thats gone
"rational self interest"
do you know why this is the only economy Florida has?
No competition
we have plenty of oil
plenty of place to refine it
we could do it smart, peoples shit and piss filling our aquifer along with all the items they spray on there yards is as much pollution as any nuke, oil extraction, refinement as anything
you have no idea what your talking about. if you want to make money today this is what you do
You go places where there is a real job. You hope Obama only takes 25% and that his new insurance plan does not harm your policy no more than it is. (And it has)
You know that Your home in Florida will be there when you get back, its the getting back that concerns you
You think I am alone?
Rational self interest?

Propaganda?

You lost me
I espouse?
Yes, you espouse: adopt, follow etc..

I am at present working in a refinery, building a new refinery in the middle of the one that is operating
My home is in Florida. There has been no real work in Florida for years. yes you can make 25, 35,000 a year with no Benefits building homes, etc...
now thats gone
"rational self interest"
No competition
we have plenty of oil
we could do it smart, peoples shit and piss filling our aquifer along with all the items they spray on there yards is as much pollution as any nuke, oil extraction, refinement as anything
you have no idea what your talking about. if you want to make money today this is what you do

So, how many oil companies have applied for permits to build refineries in Florida in say, the past 30 years? <that's a rhetorical question, by the way>

Yes, indeedy - rational self interest. vs. Irrational interest in others.

Propaganda?

You lost me
I espouse?
Yes, you espouse: adopt, follow etc..

now thats gone
"rational self interest"
No competition
we have plenty of oil

So, how many oil companies have applied for permits to build refineries in Florida in say, the past 30 years? <that's a rhetorical question, by the way>

Yes, indeedy - rational self interest. vs. Irrational interest in others.

Why would they waste there time?
And whats that got to do with you accusing me of carrying the water for other peoples interest and now you claim my interest are not rational?
You know bud no body ever gave me anything
you no doubt are living on OPM
other peoples money

you show dis respect to a man who is 800 miles from home making it happen and paying his income taxes at the same time and you sit there behind your computer screen and judge the man?

That speaks volumes

It also speaks volumes that you cannot come up with one thing rational or good about the way you believe.
Keeping more of the wealth I earn is a belief, I believe that people like yourself need to go and get a job and become part of the solution
If you would do that, i could keep more of my wealth and that person who gave 39% federal in 2002 that gave 35% in 2004 could keep more of his also
of course that is a debate you have no place in, you do not pay any taxes are this is the issue you would be debating in stead of trying to be little a man who is working and pay his taxes

You want people to more in income tax, have at it
You want ot strangle the economy more than it is, you got the right man to do the job
But let me warn you
that tit your suckling on has to have opportunistic avenues and gas under 5.00 a gallon to keep feeding it

If you read my thread above thats who pays me to feel the way I do

You understand that a free market provides opportunity to all. Let people trade among themselves and suddenly everyone is better off.

The left does not grasp this.

And exactly what is that opportunity for all?
To work for the same wages you made 30 years ago in Real Dollars while almost doubling your productivity just as the economy has almost doubled?

If you read my thread above thats who pays me to feel the way I do

You understand that a free market provides opportunity to all. Let people trade among themselves and suddenly everyone is better off.

The left does not grasp this.

And exactly what is that opportunity for all?
To work for the same wages you made 30 years ago in Real Dollars while almost doubling your productivity just as the economy has almost doubled?

well If Obama would get out of the way along with the EPA etc... we would all have more opportunity
same wages huh?
I cannot keep up the spin here
I mean I did some DD on that the other day that said I needed 11.28 an hour to keep pace with a 3.00 an hour pay in 1977

I make 36 an hour and i made 3 an hour in 1977

Forum List

Back