Libertarian but not Libertarian Party?

I think it's funny when a person looks back at the past 230 years and tries to convince himself that we haven't made vast improvements in the way this nation is governed.
Vast improvement in governance. You have got to be kidding right?

You think a HUGE OMNIPRESENT UNLIMITED debt ridden central government run by a bunch of elitist criminals, is improvement.

WTF is wrong with you?

The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments. The state can be and has often been in the course of history the main source of mischief and disaster. - von Mises

Please get a grip. We are more free now than at any time in our history.

Last edited:
I think it's funny when a person looks back at the past 230 years and tries to convince himself that we haven't made vast improvements in the way this nation is governed.

You think a HUGE OMNIPRESENT UNLIMITED debt ridden central government run by a bunch of elitist criminals, is improvement.

WTF is wrong with you?

The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments. The state can be and has often been in the course of history the main source of mischief and disaster. - von Mises

Please get a grip. We are more free now than we at any time in our history.
and yet we have more laws and more regulation than any time in history

WTF is wrong with you?

That there is the stupidist post of the day so far....

WTF is wrong with you?

I agree with you...Wouldn't want to live in the 18th century or 19th century as a lot of people didn't even have the right to vote, corporations could treat their workers like shit and our standards of living were third world to say the least...The fact that Liberterians want to go back to that is very sad.

I like much of the libertarian platform but I dislike just as much especially their open border stance

IMO our freedoms and liberties are reserved for American citizens only. We have no obligation to extend those rights, privileges and protections to anyone who is not an American citizen.

Now as for citizens I am for more personal liberty even if it means that people must suffer the consequences for their bad choices.

WTF is wrong with you?

There's plenty of stupid to go around here. The thing is, it's a misleading claim, and it doesn't change the question of whether we want more freedom, or less.

WTF is wrong with you?

What are you prevented from doing that you'd wish to do? Use a shit light bulb that is less efficient? You got me.

WTF is wrong with you?

What are you prevented from doing that you'd wish to do? Use a shit light bulb that is less efficient? You got me.

yes and toilets that don;t flush properly

less choice equals less freedom

I like much of the libertarian platform but I dislike just as much especially their open border stance

IMO our freedoms and liberties are reserved for American citizens only. We have no obligation to extend those rights, privileges and protections to anyone who is not an American citizen.

Now as for citizens I am for more personal liberty even if it means that people must suffer the consequences for their bad choices.

This point of view fails to recognize that individual liberty transcends nations. It's not a grant from government, Thats sort of the point of 'inalienable rights' in the first place.

WTF is wrong with you?

There's plenty of stupid to go around here. The thing is, it's a misleading claim, and it doesn't change the question of whether we want more freedom, or less.

We want...and have...more freedom

Yes. Suffering is required in a free society. What fun is it if everyone lives well? How are the awesome people like you going to know how awesome you are if you don't have some poor folks to preach to?

This point of view fails to recognize that individual liberty transcends nations. It's not a grant from government, Thats sort of the point of 'inalienable rights' in the first place.

True but we cannot afford to assure that liberty for the entire world can we?
We can however do that here within our own borders

WTF is wrong with you?

You are so oppressed! How can you stand it?

WTF is wrong with you?

And I am sick and tired of these New Democrat gas cans......

Let's hope all this liberal bullshit gets caught up in Trumps massive deregulation push.....

WTF is wrong with you?

Yes. Suffering is required in a free society. What fun is it if everyone lives well? How are the awesome people like you going to know how awesome you are if you don't have some poor folks to preach to?

It has nothing to do with rich or poor it has to do with accepting the consequences of your actions. And you might want to look into the nuances of the word suffer especially when used in a phrase like "suffer the consequences"

It doesn't cost anything to refrain from violating liberty.

WTF is wrong with you?

You are so oppressed! How can you stand it?

I am told what I can and can't do on my own land and in my own home where in the world does that mean I am more free than ever?

WTF is wrong with you?

It has nothing to do with rich or poor it has to do with accepting the consequences of your actions. And you might want to look into the nuances of the word suffer especially when used in a phrase like "suffer the consequences"

Nope. I know what you meant.

If you were consistent I'd have some interest in discussing consequences with you. But...you aren't.

WTF is wrong with you?

it does if we extend protection to people who are not citizens and who do not contribute to the tax base of the country

Nope. I know what you meant.

If you were consistent I'd have some interest in discussing consequences with you. But...you aren't.

More consistent than you

WTF is wrong with you?

it does if we extend protection to people who are not citizens and who do not contribute to the tax base of the country

Not doing something (not violating liberty) is a null-op. The point of view the government is a service providing benes for subscribers is what we're fighting against.

Forum List

Back