Libertarian Party Pretty Much Screws Trump

You cant fault them for wanting a place at the table.

They keep fighting for it.

But this time around....it really may have hurt all of us.

The article has the numbers.

No way to know if they break for DJT.... but it's a good bet.

Libertarians if true to their core would have not voted for Trump ever!

Nor would they vote for Biden if they were told that is the only two choices...

As I said....it is a pragmatic argument.

Libertarians need to understand that.

If you preferred one over the other....you should have reconsidered.

If you are true to your core....you throw your vote away.

If you vote then it is never thrown away... It is when you don’t vote is when you are just worthless.

I voted for Biden but then voted for John Cronyn, but had there been a strong Libertarian candidate that could have taken Texas from Trump then yeah I would have went Libertarian but not this time...

Not true.

Nobody knows what libertarian voters would have done in absence of an LP candidate...They could have voted for another candidate or stayed home...To suggest otherwise is the logical fallacy we know as "mind reading".

You want to "fight the Libertarian Party", quit campaigning like libertarians and then governing like democrats.

I said a good bet.

And yes you can play some probabilities here.

I know few left wingers who really understand what it means to be a libertarian.
I know a lot of right wingers who have no clue what it means to be a libertarian. See the JGalt quote in my signature.

Yes...I get that.

And it is pointless.

More know than do leftwingers.

But many still don't.

You want to "fight the Libertarian Party", quit campaigning like libertarians and then governing like democrats.
Bingo.

Three words: Trillion dollar deficits.

Totally agree with you.

Hated George Bush and his drunken spending.

It's a fucking crime.

Obama was the same.

Trump didn't help it any.

Covid was different...but Trump still spent to much and cut to many taxes.

But....now you will get the mother of all efforts to tax and spend like total shit heads.
Trump and the GOP Congress doubled the deficit in his first two years.

No one will ever convince me the modern GOP has any principles. They don't even bother to pay lip service any more.

Not true.

Nobody knows what libertarian voters would have done in absence of an LP candidate...They could have voted for another candidate or stayed home...To suggest otherwise is the logical fallacy we know as "mind reading".

I said a good bet.

I know few left wingers who really understand what it means to be a libertarian.
It's not even a good bet...The bet to make is that they would stay home....You'll make bank on that one.

You seem to be missing the point.

It's a pragmatic statement.

Always has been.

I voted for GWB......twice...and threw up after both times.

The alternative sucked (at the time....now, not so sure).

I still voted to get closer than I would have been otherwise.
Being "pragmatic" gives us assholes like Chimpy Bush and Mittens Romney....As though democrats could be any worse.

The only way the GOP will ever change is from pressure within. There is nothing the Democrats will ever do to convince the GOP they need to change their ways.

But if you keep losing elections because you have alienated your own base, then you are forced to shape the fuck up and live by honorable principles.

This is horsehit, of course. But it's funny. If Trump had won, Dems would be saying the same damned thing. The bottom line is, if either "side" of your little two-party duopoly wants Libertarian votes, they're gonna have to do libertarian stuff. Or continue whining.

I have described the situation like this:

If a neighbor has a guest who shits all over their furniture, you would consider that guest to be a fucktard.

But if a guest in your own house was shitting all over the furniture, you would have much stronger feelings of hatred for that person.

That's Trump and the GOP today. They are shitting all over MY furniture.

Fuck them. Fuck them all.

Not true.

I said a good bet.

It's not even a good bet...The bet to make is that they would stay home....You'll make bank on that one.

You seem to be missing the point.

It's a pragmatic statement.

Always has been.

I voted for GWB......twice...and threw up after both times.

The alternative sucked (at the time....now, not so sure).

I still voted to get closer than I would have been otherwise.
I used to do that. Vote for the "lesser of two evils".

How's voting for evil worked out?

We end up with more and more evil.

Trump shit all over the furniture.

I voted Libertarian and now Trump is leaving the house.

I feel GREAT about that.

This author is as misinformed as he is philosophically ignorant.

Such is the way of rabid partisans though.

View attachment 415055

Not sure about your leanings, but your comment is stupid.

It's actually a pragmatic argument....not a philosophical one.

duh. . . of course it is pragmatic. . . pragmatic for whom? :heehee:

When you can't win an argument philosophically? Resort to name calling. eh?

iu

I have to say, I really do enjoy the headline of this thread, even if it isn't true.

This is horsehit, of course. But it's funny. If Trump had won, Dems would be saying the same damned thing. The bottom line is, if either "side" of your little two-party duopoly wants Libertarian votes, they're gonna have to do libertarian stuff. Or continue whining.
No they would not.

One thing the left does not do is blame third parties for their loss. At least I have not seen any real push from the left at any time.

The right OTOH, claims I helped whatever leftie won every damn time they lose and I voted for a third party. This is one of the very few stupid things that really is a problem on just one side. For some moronic reason the right seems to think they are entitled to the libertarian vote even though they have done exactly nothing to earn it.

Bullshit.

Over and over and over again when the numbers are actually investigated the libertarians would have broken for the 2 parties pretty close to evenly. Don't bitch at those that did not support you because you lost. Get a damn mirror and ask yourself WHY they failed to support you. Maybe then you can actually address the problem.

No they would not.

One thing the left does not do is blame third parties for their loss. At least I have not seen any real push from the left at any time.

Nader?

In some ways Libertarians are the worst libs of all.

most years they cry that both major parties are just alike and vote for some 3rd party loser

then trump comes along and breaks the two party monopoly and all the libertarians want to do is run him out of office

the tweener fence sitters are morons
Trump wasn't a Republican?

Libertarians if true to their core would have not voted for Trump ever!

Nor would they vote for Biden if they were told that is the only two choices...

A true Christian would never vote for the blob...who bears "false witness" dozens of times a day, pays whores for sex, strips kids from parents as a "deterrent".

A true Christian would never vote for the blob...who bears "false witness" dozens of times a day, pays whores for sex, strips kids from parents as a "deterrent".
There is not a biden voter in captivity who is qualified to lecture Christians about anything having go do with morality

Forum List

Back