Liberty: Post a thoughtful post on liberty

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
When the legislative and executive powers are united in the same person, or in the same body of magistrates, there can be no liberty; because apprehensions may arise, lest the same monarch or senate should enact tyrannical laws, to execute them in a tyrannical manner.

Baron de Montesquieu

Food for thought, for those who do not know of this philosopher, be assured our founding fathers did. He also wrote:

It is necessary from the very nature of things that power should be a check to power.

When the legislative and executive powers are united in the same person, or in the same body of magistrates, there can be no liberty; because apprehensions may arise, lest the same monarch or senate should enact tyrannical laws, to execute them in a tyrannical manner.

Baron de Montesquieu

Food for thought, for those who do not know of this philosopher, be assured our founding fathers did. He also wrote:

It is necessary from the very nature of things that power should be a check to power.

Those willing to give up liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty or safety.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" Voltaire.

Ask yourself who you can’t criticize in today’s America ?

The answer: military and the police . Weve become a war loving authoritarian nation . Fight the power !

Being able to keep 90% of what you earn, and never having to worry about the government (or anyone else) making you pay rent on your own shit.

That's a start.

Baron de Montesquieu

Who the fuck are you and what the fuck have you done with the liberty-hating goose-stepping commie Statist, Wrycatcher?

"Liberty" is waking up every day in my own home that I own, making anything I want for breakfast while reading anything I feel like reading; then, it's taking my kids to a school in which I am active and have a say in the proceedings; I do so using the car I own, which I chose, which is also liberty. Then, liberty is going to work in a job in a field of my choosing, using the education I chose.

Then, liberty is deciding if I want to spend that money going to a baseball game , the beach, or a museum. Or, all three in the same weekend. And, make no mistake, i enjoy the liberty to do this thanks, in part, to an amazing infrastructure here in the United States, which allows people of even modest income to be able to do these things at all.

Liberty is getting home after a day of work or play, and choosing what to read, listen to, or watch, as i freely think about making all of these choices all over again tomorrow. Not having to lead an existence of mere subsistence allows me to choose between Gov't Mule and the Flaming Lips, instead of choosing what to do with my hour of freetime after 16 hours of work. Of course, I owe much of this, in no small part, to the genetic accident of being born into a modern society with a modern social contract. I was born into a time and place where collectivism and a basic standard of living are not dirty words, but rather useful tools; many born at different places, but at the same time, were not so lucky.

Liberty is being able to write this post on the internet without having to explain myself to an official in the morning.

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
~~ George Orwell ~~

In today's world, it is becoming more apparent that thought crimes are the interpretations of those refusing or denying the thoughts of liberty!

I bought a late 70s Model 60 today, God Bless America!

eminenz.regular.png

Baron de Montesquieu

It hasn't worked. We have tyrannical laws executed in a tyrannical manner.

Seventy-five percent of the people on this forum can be described by looking at this sign. Three quarters of you are somewhere in that yard standing behind this sign.
libety.jpg

That's how the rest of the world sees you.
To the other 25 percent, how the Hell do you put up with this shit?

Baron de Montesquieu

Who the fuck are you and what the fuck have you done with the liberty-hating goose-stepping commie Statist, Wrycatcher?

Q. Who the fuck are you and what the fuck have you done with the liberty-hating goose-stepping commie Statist, Wrycatcher?

A. I'm a law abiding native born citizen of the United States, isn't that enough? Or, like Napoleon the Pig do you too believe, " “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”?

What say you Mr. Trumpanzee?

Forum List

Back