Life After Default

How could not spending any more than we take in at $5.6 trillion a year have any negative consequences?

All we have to do is rid of all that wasteful bullshit to get down to existing revenue.

We need to pass a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget every year, barring an actual war or massive natural disaster.

We need to pass a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget every year, barring an actual war or massive natural disaster.
"Actual war" and "natural disaster" are terms that can and will mean anything politicians in Washington need them to mean. You've undermined the point of the amendment right out of the gate. And the fact that 99% of what Washington does is unconstitutional already means an amendment is largely symbolic nonsense.

Ohhh nooooo!....The feds can't borrow more funny money because their credit sucks!

This situation gets better and better all the time!
You think increasing the cost of borrowing on the debt we already have isn't going to add to the debt?

Hand your check book over to your wife because you can't be trusted with it

count me out on paying it off.
Default and be done.

stillborn wants to pay it off :)
not in your lifetime, no way
not in your kids lifetime
no in their kids lifetime

default and be done.

call it a "Great Reset" :)

"Actual war" and "natural disaster" are terms that can and will mean anything politicians in Washington need them to mean. You've undermined the point of the amendment right out of the gate. And the fact that 99% of what Washington does is unconstitutional already means an amendment is largely symbolic nonsense.

By "actual war" I mean war declared by congress, not some "police action.

Default and be done.

default and be done.

And tank the economy...yea brilliant idea

By "actual war" I mean war declared by congress, not some "police action.
I know what you meant, but as you will likely not be in Congress or the White House at all, let alone able to control hundreds of different politicians, what you meant isn't relevant. What's relevant is how they will choose to interpret it for their own benefit.

Yes
Yes
throw out the 14th Section 4. Default and be done

I see that rube stillborn is following me :)

Just throw out the 14th amendment? Not sure how you do that with passing another amendment.

No, I am not following you. I post where I like and on what interests me. I have been doing that here for many years.

But if you are paranoid, just let me know which threads you will participate in, and I will stay out. (if you believe that I have a bridge I can sell you at a great price)

gggghhhhbhggghjjjm.png

Default and be done.

default and be done.

And what steps do you propose to prevent the debt from happening again?

Forum List

Back