Limbaugh Lies About NY Times Changing Wiretap Headline

edthecynic

Censored for Cynicism
Oct 20, 2008
Pathological liar Limbaugh pats himself on back and takes credit for getting the NY Times to remove the word "wiretap" from their headline, which the Times DIDN'T do!!!!! It is just more Limbaugh Fake News.

Mar 9, 2017
RUSH: I’m gonna tell you why, ’cause we had a major role in this I am convinced right here on the EIB Network yesterday ’cause we nailed ’em.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Have you seen any stories about the Russians hacking the elections? It’s gone, and so is the New York Times headline from the January 20th story with “wiretaps.” They have gone back and they have changed it. “Wiretaps” is not in that headline anymore.

RUSH: We’ve got a revised New York Times headline — sneaky, sneaky, sneaky — as they postdate change the headline wiping out the word “wiretaps” and “wiretapped” from their headline on a story January 20th.

RUSH: — remember the headline that we and a lot of other people showed you from the New York Times on January 20th, which was — in fact, I’ve got it here in the desktop. Find this thing and — oops. I moved it. I’ll have to get it later. It was a headline from January 20th, Trump’s Inauguration Day, and it actually said: “Wiretapped Data Used in Inquiry of Trump Aides.”

And all week long, you know, we put it at RushLimbaugh.com, a lot of other people did, people had been focusing on it because it used the word “wiretapped.” And the reason it became interesting is because Trump volleyed back. Trump tweeted that Obama had ordered wiretaps on Trump Tower. And that caused the media and the deep state and the Democrat Party, “Wuh, wuh, wuh, we’re not investigating you. You’re stupid! You’re silly! Show us the FISA warrant. We don’t have any –” And then they had to stop themselves. Because if there’s no investigation of Trump, then what have all these stories the past six months been?

If there’s no investigation of Trump, if Trump’s not under investigation, then what the hell have all these stories been about the last six months with unnamed sources, intelligence agency officials? And every story, as I have pointed out ’til I’m blue in the face, every story has made it plain as day that they do not have any evidence yet. But the trend is looking like it happened and we’re continuing to track this story down.

Well, if you look, if you go back, you will find that the New York Times has changed the headline. You might say, “What does it matter, Rush?” January 20th. Well, these things are kept as archives now. The stories are always on the website. The pictures of the New York Times front page are always cached. A bunch of people do it. They’ve actually gone in and changed the headline. And instead of saying, “Wiretapped Data Used in Inquiry of Trump Aides.” The headline now is: “Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates.”

Wait .. I thought this was the Fake News hate sites job to tell people what to think......

Pathological liar Limbaugh pats himself on back and takes credit for getting the NY Times to remove the word "wiretap" from their headline, which the Times DIDN'T do!!!!! It is just more Limbaugh Fake News.

Mar 9, 2017
RUSH: I’m gonna tell you why, ’cause we had a major role in this I am convinced right here on the EIB Network yesterday ’cause we nailed ’em.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Have you seen any stories about the Russians hacking the elections? It’s gone, and so is the New York Times headline from the January 20th story with “wiretaps.” They have gone back and they have changed it. “Wiretaps” is not in that headline anymore.

RUSH: We’ve got a revised New York Times headline — sneaky, sneaky, sneaky — as they postdate change the headline wiping out the word “wiretaps” and “wiretapped” from their headline on a story January 20th.

RUSH: — remember the headline that we and a lot of other people showed you from the New York Times on January 20th, which was — in fact, I’ve got it here in the desktop. Find this thing and — oops. I moved it. I’ll have to get it later. It was a headline from January 20th, Trump’s Inauguration Day, and it actually said: “Wiretapped Data Used in Inquiry of Trump Aides.”

And all week long, you know, we put it at RushLimbaugh.com, a lot of other people did, people had been focusing on it because it used the word “wiretapped.” And the reason it became interesting is because Trump volleyed back. Trump tweeted that Obama had ordered wiretaps on Trump Tower. And that caused the media and the deep state and the Democrat Party, “Wuh, wuh, wuh, we’re not investigating you. You’re stupid! You’re silly! Show us the FISA warrant. We don’t have any –” And then they had to stop themselves. Because if there’s no investigation of Trump, then what have all these stories the past six months been?

If there’s no investigation of Trump, if Trump’s not under investigation, then what the hell have all these stories been about the last six months with unnamed sources, intelligence agency officials? And every story, as I have pointed out ’til I’m blue in the face, every story has made it plain as day that they do not have any evidence yet. But the trend is looking like it happened and we’re continuing to track this story down.

Well, if you look, if you go back, you will find that the New York Times has changed the headline. You might say, “What does it matter, Rush?” January 20th. Well, these things are kept as archives now. The stories are always on the website. The pictures of the New York Times front page are always cached. A bunch of people do it. They’ve actually gone in and changed the headline. And instead of saying, “Wiretapped Data Used in Inquiry of Trump Aides.” The headline now is: “Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates.”
Thanks for promoting Rush. Not sure where you proved he was wrong here.

Mar 9, 2017

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Seems they did.....

Obama inherited the Great Recession along with the bill for two unpaid for wars.

Obama inherited the Great Recession

And his recovery sucked.

along with the bill for two unpaid for wars.

He fixed the Middle East, saved a bunch of money.
Tell us about what a great job Bush did with our economy?

Are we talking about Bush's $4.9 trillion crappy job or Obama's $9.3 trillion crappy job?
you still didn't answer. After 8 long years, Bush created almost zero new jobs

His GDP numbers, after adding $4.9 trillion to the debt, were right there with Obama's numbers that cost $9.3 trillion. How awesome is that?

Mar 9, 2017

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

And you noticed! Isn't that cute? More than likely though, some hyper-partisan much like Rush noticed it and posted it in a blog on the internet today. Then you read it, gobbled it up and are now parroting it.

I try to avoid hyper-partisan rhetoric.

Why is a voice on the radio such a threat to the radical left?
Because people believe his lies.
It's more than that, though. He has provided a template for a general thought process, a way of acting, communicating and (most importantly) reasoning, that can be seen almost everywhere. Really, the only place it has not infiltrated completely is the halls of Congress, where most of them know it's just not constructive in the long run and shy away from it. In other words, they know better.

Even though the rhetoric from Limbaugh gets strong sometimes there is always a FACT behind his REPORTING. His delivery style is the part that makes him seem so far out with his statements. If he was a monotonic orator he would be less effective though. I like the fact that the liberal side made up another lie just for Rush, it gives him a great boost in my eyes. Lie some more accusers it is all you have lies, fantasy and BS.

Forum List

Back