🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lions, tigers and babies....oh my? Which do you value more? State your political leanings please.

Which means more to you?

• 1) the death of Cecil the lion

• 2) the death of the babies at planned parenthood

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only person who should ever "preach" to anyone else about sins should be one without any sin, and we all know that there is no such being exists. If you choose to live your life according to the word of some men written in some book thousands of years ago when men were pretty ignorant about the ways of the world around them, then by all means. I don't have a problem with that, but don't go around judging those who are just as "imperfect" as you are. You don't have room to talk.
Yes, and if we all conducted ourselves the way you insist is so righteous there would be billions more in this world without understanding or hope --- or care for their needs.

Your naiveté is astounding. It is not all "preaching and judging," it is witnessing. What a pity you are so cold hearted or angry because someone dares offer up words of wisdom and they are not perfect themselves.

You might not be able to convince an atheist that abortion is a sin. But plenty of them think abortion is wrong. This idea that you must be religious to be moral is ridiculous.
I was not implying that all those who have no belief in God do not have a moral conscious. However, I am sure the numbers and facts would bear it out that those who do not care about God or believe in God are far more likely to engage in sexually "sinful' practices. YES, I KNOW Christians commit adultery and engage in pre-marital sex, but I am sure their belief in hell, purgatory and the punishment of sin is a major deterrent as well. I know it is for Catholics. So to suggest religion does not formulate one's conscious and actions a profound way would be false in many or most cases, IMO.

You also said: >>So if the woman repents and goes to confession after her abortion, all is well?<<

"All is well?" Not quite. Are her sins forgiven? Absolutely, unless her confession was not sincere or if she held some known sin back. But there is a very real difference between being "saved" and "being allowed into the kingdom undefiled." If some continually sin, even though they go to confession regularly, I am quite certain they will find themselves in purgatory for a spell before being allowed into heaven. One cannot mock God, so to speak.

I will not take the time to make this case more fully. But I will say this --- David sinned against God by committing adultery with Bathsheba and followed up with greater sins after that. God went His prophet Nathan who convicted David of his sin and caused enormous remorse and sorrow. Davide repented was forgiven, but still he was punished. So sin will still have its consequences if it is of an egregious nature or repeated endlessly.

2 Sam 12:13-18, “David said to Nathan, ‘I have sinned against the Lord.’ And Nathan said to David, ‘The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. Nevertheless, because by this deed you have utterly scorned the Lord, the child that is born to you shall die.’ And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became sick…On the seventh day the child died.” Catholic Scriptural Principle #1 – there is punishment for sin even after one has received forgiveness.

What a load of crap. I've had plenty of alleged "Christian conservative" married men try to hit on me. You are not special. You are only a hypocrite.
So because you were able to show some leg and get a few men to be attracted to you, that makes you special? So special that you get to declare that all christian men are hypocrites that you can make want to have sex with you? So if I think the plumage of a bird is beautiful that means I want to have sex with it? You think maybe it's possible that you think too much of yourself?

The only person who should ever "preach" to anyone else about sins should be one without any sin, and we all know that there is no such being exists. If you choose to live your life according to the word of some men written in some book thousands of years ago when men were pretty ignorant about the ways of the world around them, then by all means. I don't have a problem with that, but don't go around judging those who are just as "imperfect" as you are. You don't have room to talk.
Uhmmm hello!! You're the one preaching.

Yes, and if we all conducted ourselves the way you insist is so righteous there would be billions more in this world without understanding or hope --- or care for their needs.

Your naiveté is astounding. It is not all "preaching and judging," it is witnessing. What a pity you are so cold hearted or angry because someone dares offer up words of wisdom and they are not perfect themselves.

Sorry, you are wrong. Just because you need a religion and a God to make you behave, doesn't mean everyone else does! I am not cold-hearted or angry. I am just pointing out religious people hypocrisy and attitudes of "superiority" which abounds on this forum.

No, telling you not to judge other people who may or may not follow your belief system is not preaching. Preaching is what you do when you expect and in fact would probably force others to live by your religious beliefs. Unfortunately for you, a lot of people do not follow your way of life.

Clearly she's a good looking woman that some man, or men have taken advantage of, and she's lashing out at all men in response. Well at least lashing out at the men that did not take advantage of her as if it's our fault for the actions of a few.

Yeah, that lion in Africa was killed...and the left is in mourning like a human was killed. I am sorry the lion was killed as well, I love animals a lot...even liberals.......but the mourning for the lion, vs. the silence on the killings at planned unparenthood are revealing...so a poll......

Please, for the purpose of this poll, state your political leanings.....if you dare...

I am a modern American Conservative.....
This fails as a false comparison fallacy, an embryo/fetus is not a "baby."

Consequently you're an ignorant, ridiculous conservative.

You might not be able to convince an atheist that abortion is a sin. But plenty of them think abortion is wrong. This idea that you must be religious to be moral is ridiculous.
I was not implying that all those who have no belief in God do not have a moral conscious. However, I am sure the numbers and facts would bear it out that those who do not care about God or believe in God are far more likely to engage in sexually "sinful' practices. YES, I KNOW Christians commit adultery and engage in pre-marital sex, but I am sure their belief in hell, purgatory and the punishment of sin is a major deterrent as well. I know it is for Catholics. So to suggest religion does not formulate one's conscious and actions a profound way would be false in many or most cases, IMO.

You also said: >>So if the woman repents and goes to confession after her abortion, all is well?<<

"All is well?" Not quite. Are her sins forgiven? Absolutely, unless her confession was not sincere or if she held some known sin back. But there is a very real difference between being "saved" and "being allowed into the kingdom undefiled." If some continually sin, even though they go to confession regularly, I am quite certain they will find themselves in purgatory for a spell before being allowed into heaven. One cannot mock God, so to speak.

I will not take the time to make this case more fully. But I will say this --- David sinned against God by committing adultery with Bathsheba and followed up with greater sins after that. God went His prophet Nathan who convicted David of his sin and caused enormous remorse and sorrow. Davide repented was forgiven, but still he was punished. So sin will still have its consequences if it is of an egregious nature or repeated endlessly.

2 Sam 12:13-18, “David said to Nathan, ‘I have sinned against the Lord.’ And Nathan said to David, ‘The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. Nevertheless, because by this deed you have utterly scorned the Lord, the child that is born to you shall die.’ And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became sick…On the seventh day the child died.” Catholic Scriptural Principle #1 – there is punishment for sin even after one has received forgiveness.

What a load of crap. I've had plenty of alleged "Christian conservative" married men try to hit on me. You are not special. You are only a hypocrite.
So because you were able to show some leg and get a few men to be attracted to you, that makes you special? So special that you get to declare that all christian men are hypocrites that you can make want to have sex with you? So if I think the plumage of a bird is beautiful that means I want to have sex with it? You think maybe it's possible that you think too much of yourself?

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the hypocrisy of people who claim to be "christian" who go forth and knowingly and willingly sin and then think they are absolved because of a belief in a man-made religious rule, while others are condemned for doing the same thing. It's retarded.

Clearly she's a good looking woman that some man, or men have taken advantage of, and she's lashing out at all men in response. Well at least lashing out at the men that did not take advantage of her as if it's our fault for the actions of a few.

Nope, just pointing out the "sinning" that goes on in your religion and the cop out of "I will just ask God to forgive me later and all will be okay" while Tom and Mary down the road are going to Hell for doing the same shit.

Let's be real here. Fucking is a basic human instinct when you find someone you feel attracted to. It's all about reproduction and survival of the species from cavemen days. To claim that there is a God who insists we not fuck until we get married is utterly retarded and ignorant as all get out. I don't think that means promiscuity should be encouraged, so don't even go there bunch of piss ants. :D It means that your "taboo" regarding sex is ridiculous and hurts our society more than helps it. People have always had sex out of wedlock. Do you think the cavemen were concerned about being married? No?

No, telling you not to judge other people who may or may not follow your belief system is not preaching. Preaching is what you do when you expect and in fact would probably force others to live by your religious beliefs. Unfortunately for you, a lot of people do not follow your way of life.
Ok. By preach, I meant when you were denigrating "most conservatives." I see the denegration of nearly an entire group as being hypocrits with regard to whatever beliefs that nearly entire group may has as being preachy to nearly the entire group.

As for the guy who was trying to impart wisdom.. yeah ok maybe that was a bit preachy. But I don't think he was forcing you to do anything.

I am interested in that though.. A lot of people use the word "force" when there is no force involved.. then ignore "force" when it is involved. For example, he was just telling you his opinon. There was no force there. However, regarding your preference for income redistribution, there is actual force there. Just saying.

Ok. By preach, I meant when you were denigrating "most conservatives." I see the denegration of nearly an entire group as being hypocrits with regard to whatever beliefs that nearly entire group may has as being preachy to nearly the entire group.

As for the guy who was trying to impart wisdom.. yeah ok maybe that was a bit preachy. But I don't think he was forcing you to do anything.

I am interested in that though.. A lot of people use the word "force" when there is no force involved.. then ignore "force" when it is involved. For example, he was just telling you his opinon. There was no force there. However, regarding your preference for income redistribution, there is actual force there. Just saying.

Oh well. I'm just speaking from my own experiences on this particular forum. Helping the poor with OUR tax money is helping people. Forcing women to carry babies they don't want is not helping anyone. Just saying. :)

Nope, just pointing out the "sinning" that goes on in your religion and the cop out of "I will just ask God to forgive me later and all will be okay" while Tom and Mary down the road are going to Hell for doing the same shit.
I would not assume that because one person murders another person that there is murder in the hearts of all men. Why do you make such assumptions?

I would not assume that because one person murders another person that there is murder in the hearts of all men. Why do you make such assumptions?

I don't see how you made this jump from my post.

Oh well. I'm just speaking from my own experiences on this particular forum. Helping the poor with OUR tax money is helping people. Forcing women to carry babies they don't want is not helping anyone. Just saying. :)
Forcing people to help others through forced income redistribution is not charity, it's forced income redistribution. You can call it helping people but there is no way to get around the fact that you are punishing peter to help paul. You are cutting out a pound of flesh from peter to give paul something to eat. It's forced income redistribution. It's a form of slavery.

Forcing women to carry a baby to term is not helping anyone? What about the baby? It does not help the baby? Just saying :)

I don't see how you made this jump from my post.
Because you have made the assumption on that poster than he's a hypocrite. You made your assumption based on .... what? How do you know he was not genuinely trying to help? How do you know he's a hypocrite? Do you know him personally? Was he the one that came on to you to ask you for sex, then he comes to this form and tells you there is a better way?

Let's be real here. Fucking is a basic human instinct when you find someone you feel attracted to. It's all about reproduction and survival of the species from cavemen days. To claim that there is a God who insists we not fuck until we get married is utterly retarded and ignorant as all get out. I don't think that means promiscuity should be encouraged, so don't even go there bunch of piss ants. :D It means that your "taboo" regarding sex is ridiculous and hurts our society more than helps it. People have always had sex out of wedlock. Do you think the cavemen were concerned about being married? No?
So it's ok for you to say promiscuity should not be encouraged, but if anyone else says that, they are being preachy.

So it's ok for you to say promiscuity should not be encouraged, but if anyone else says that, they are being preachy.

The difference is, I don't judge them as promiscuous or sinners, unlike yourself, and I don't want to punish people for making mistakes or for being young and stupid or whatever the case may be. Let's also not forget that this is NOT an ideal world and never will be. People are going to continue doing what they think is the right thing for them to do, regardless of your beliefs.

Imagine yourself being a woman who perhaps already has a couple of kids from another relationship or something, gets pregnant and does not want to and cannot afford to go through with the pregnancy and delivery and raising of another child. Do you think she is going to take YOUR opinions into consideration and put her life and well being, as well as the well being of her already alive family on the back burner for your religious views about her decisions?

Well, the Lion has no soul.

But, the Babies are in heaven... but, they had a right to live.....

Humans will always take precedence over animals.
nothing or more annoying that $ being spent on animals.
I agree with the nothing more annoying than $ being spent on animals. Its good to see you are against social services for the illegals too.

Forum List

Back