🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lions, tigers and babies....oh my? Which do you value more? State your political leanings please.

Which means more to you?

• 1) the death of Cecil the lion

• 2) the death of the babies at planned parenthood

Results are only viewable after voting.
Planned parenthood wants their latest activities to be about abortion so their barbarity will be excused. They have gone to a whole new level of depravity with the selling of body parts and organs.

The only surprising part is how many people are fooled by the claim that they only charge a handling fee. If you believe that do you also feel that the latest as seen on tv fad is absolutely free. Just send your $14.95 shipping and handling fee.

First of all, abortion is legal. Second of all, PP does not solicit women for abortions.

That all being understood, the remains of the babies can either be thrown in an incinerator or used to save lives. Which would you prefer?

Personally, as far as abortion is concerned, I would like to see it reserved only for the first trimester. I really do feel that any time after that point, it is extremely cruel. After that point in the pregnancy, it most definitely is starting to take on the appearance and the actions of a "person." That's my opinion on that subject.

I think there are Catholic's who are Christian.
Just because I think much of their doctrine and their ritualism is unbiblical doesn't mean I hate Catholics.
That's like saying because I don't approve of the Gay lifestyle I hate Gay's.

Very ignorant remark Gracie
So let's recap.

You rewrote bible excerpts to replace them with your own writing that was the opposite of the original text, but quoted it as if it were the original text. This to try to win an argument about what the bible actually says vs. what you claim it says. FYI: citing your opinion as biblical text, esp. when your opinion of the cited text is the OPPOSITE of what you say it says... yeah that's gonna raise people's ire. You literally wrote and claimed your version of a bible. But you failed to cite the fact that the bible you were quoting was written by Bonzi.

Then when you get called out for it and Gracie puts you on "ignore" you go out of your way to respond to her claiming that her remark was "ignorant." This knowing that she has placed you on ignore. FYI when you are placed on ignore that means people can't see your posts.

I quoted the Bible as per the interpretation I know it to be.
I am not perfect, never claimed to be. I will admit when I'm wrong. This scripture may have not been the correct one to use, that being said, I still believe animals don't have souls.
I didn't realize she had put me on ignore. I either didn't read that in her post, or forgot it.
Her comments are ignorant, either way because she said I think Catholics are "bad" which is not true.
I don't care if she sees that I said that or not honestly..........it was a general statement for the thread.....

Well, thank geebus, your views are not universal nor are they universally accepted views. Perhaps it is better to say nothing at all sometimes.

Better for who? Do you think I care what you or anyone else here thinks about me....

Think again..........

Good, then you can stop being a preachy PITA at any time. :)

No it just means I'll continue to post when and what I feel like... and you get to choose to not read or ignore... or read them and continue to be annoyed (or, whatever you feel or don't feel about them...)

Most cons don't care about women or babies. What they care about is punishing women for having sex (especially single women) and those who do not follow their "religious beliefs," and their tax payer dollars going to provide low income and poor women with "free stuff." They are the MOST greedy and selfish sons of bitches ever.
Well you do have a good point.

One cannot convince someone that abortion is very wrong and sinful if they do not have any care or concern about God.

So just to correct you --- this is not about punishing women for having sex, it is about the evils of abortion. Because we believe that God is real and His Word is for our benefit. Wanton sex has negative consequences for many obvious moral reasons. The fact we disagree does not change that.

So we can assume that you were a virgin when you married? Maybe you are still a virgin? :D

So I can assume you will be skirting around my main points. Ok.

I was not a virgin. Pre-marital sex is sinful and I can understand why. I do go to confession regularly and confess my sins as the Bible so instructs, as the Catholic Church heavily emphasizes its importance and benefits.

God does not care nearly so much how many times we fail, as He does how many times we try. How many times we repent, confess our weaknesses and try again. In most cases, things get better and easier.

So you are a hypocrite. Thanks for admitting. :D

Also, where in the Bible specifically does it say that we should have no compassion, not tolerate people making mistakes and to judge and punish them for what we see as "sinning?"
Where does it say in the bible that we should have sex and then demand the local government either pay for an abortion or pay us to sit on our computer all day and bitch about tax payers?

You might not be able to convince an atheist that abortion is a sin. But plenty of them think abortion is wrong. This idea that you must be religious to be moral is ridiculous.
I was not implying that all those who have no belief in God do not have a moral conscious. However, I am sure the numbers and facts would bear it out that those who do not care about God or believe in God are far more likely to engage in sexually "sinful' practices. YES, I KNOW Christians commit adultery and engage in pre-marital sex, but I am sure their belief in hell, purgatory and the punishment of sin is a major deterrent as well. I know it is for Catholics. So to suggest religion does not formulate one's conscious and actions a profound way would be false in many or most cases, IMO.

You also said: >>So if the woman repents and goes to confession after her abortion, all is well?<<

"All is well?" Not quite. Are her sins forgiven? Absolutely, unless her confession was not sincere or if she held some known sin back. But there is a very real difference between being "saved" and "being allowed into the kingdom undefiled." If some continually sin, even though they go to confession regularly, I am quite certain they will find themselves in purgatory for a spell before being allowed into heaven. One cannot mock God, so to speak.

I will not take the time to make this case more fully. But I will say this --- David sinned against God by committing adultery with Bathsheba and followed up with greater sins after that. God went His prophet Nathan who convicted David of his sin and caused enormous remorse and sorrow. Davide repented was forgiven, but still he was punished. So sin will still have its consequences if it is of an egregious nature or repeated endlessly.

2 Sam 12:13-18, “David said to Nathan, ‘I have sinned against the Lord.’ And Nathan said to David, ‘The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. Nevertheless, because by this deed you have utterly scorned the Lord, the child that is born to you shall die.’ And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became sick…On the seventh day the child died.” Catholic Scriptural Principle #1 – there is punishment for sin even after one has received forgiveness.

What a load of crap. I've had plenty of alleged "Christian conservative" married men try to hit on me. You are not special. You are only a hypocrite.

You appear to make life easy for yourself by pointing out Christians are sinners and therefore you are not accountable to anyone for your own actions.

I already admitted that sinful nature remains, but for many, if not most, sincere Christians, their devotion, prayers and attempts to be obedient to God DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Either you do not want to believe it or you do not want to believe in God period.

Yes, there are many Christian men who struggle with their sexual urges. Calling them hypocrites is the easy way for you to dismiss the whole matter. As well as ignoring many others who have triumphed (more or less) over many of their temptations.

Whaaaat? That is what you are doing by thinking you can just "repent" when you knowingly sinned against your god. It's a cop out and nothing more.

Most cons don't care about women or babies. What they care about is punishing women for having sex (especially single women) and those who do not follow their "religious beliefs," and their tax payer dollars going to provide low income and poor women with "free stuff." They are the MOST greedy and selfish sons of bitches ever.

One cannot convince someone that abortion is very wrong and sinful if they do not have any care or concern about God.

So just to correct you --- this is not about punishing women for having sex, it is about the evils of abortion. Because we believe that God is real and His Word is for our benefit. Wanton sex has negative consequences for many obvious moral reasons. The fact we disagree does not change that.

So we can assume that you were a virgin when you married? Maybe you are still a virgin? :D

I was not a virgin. Pre-marital sex is sinful and I can understand why. I do go to confession regularly and confess my sins as the Bible so instructs, as the Catholic Church heavily emphasizes its importance and benefits.

God does not care nearly so much how many times we fail, as He does how many times we try. How many times we repent, confess our weaknesses and try again. In most cases, things get better and easier.

Also, where in the Bible specifically does it say that we should have no compassion, not tolerate people making mistakes and to judge and punish them for what we see as "sinning?"
Where does it say in the bible that we should have sex and then demand the local government either pay for an abortion or pay us to sit on our computer all day and bitch about tax payers?

What a stupid fucking question. I'm not the one using the "bible" to condemn others.

okay lets regroup here and realize that the organs are harvested from late term abortions which are still pretty rare....and parts are not sold...the fees are for handling and transportation....

now why isnt anyone addressing the real new rising star...chemical abortion....you go to the doctor you take one pill in his office after an exam..you go home and i think 3 days later take another pill....inducing the abortion...abortion clinics are a fading thing......

Yer preaching to Bonzi about Catholics. Catholics to Bonzi=BAD.

The word "preaching" gets such negative responses.

All I was doing was offering my opinion to RKBrown.

I am unfluttered by those Christians who find Catholicism so wrong. Jesus said "father forgive them, they know not what they do."

Just because I think much of their doctrine and their ritualism is unbiblical doesn't mean I hate Catholics.

So let's recap.

You rewrote bible excerpts to replace them with your own writing that was the opposite of the original text, but quoted it as if it were the original text. This to try to win an argument about what the bible actually says vs. what you claim it says. FYI: citing your opinion as biblical text, esp. when your opinion of the cited text is the OPPOSITE of what you say it says... yeah that's gonna raise people's ire. You literally wrote and claimed your version of a bible. But you failed to cite the fact that the bible you were quoting was written by Bonzi.

Then when you get called out for it and Gracie puts you on "ignore" you go out of your way to respond to her claiming that her remark was "ignorant." This knowing that she has placed you on ignore. FYI when you are placed on ignore that means people can't see your posts.

I am not perfect, never claimed to be. I will admit when I'm wrong. This scripture may have not been the correct one to use, that being said, I still believe animals don't have souls.
I didn't realize she had put me on ignore. I either didn't read that in her post, or forgot it.
Her comments are ignorant, either way because she said I think Catholics are "bad" which is not true.
I don't care if she sees that I said that or not honestly..........it was a general statement for the thread.....
Stop making stuff up. Just admit it... you quoted a portion of the bible then changed the parts you did not like. You purposefully changed the text of the bible because it didn't say what you wanted it to say. FYI sometimes we are taught things that are not true. Then those things get ingrained in our heads and we make assumptions about the truth of the teachings. Then when confronted with new information our brains reject the new information as false because it conflicts with our memories.
I'll ask you this... what possible harm do you think will come to you if animals do in fact have a spirit or a soul so to speak? Is it because you eat meat? Do you think the animals you ate will torment you in hell or something?

I never said it was harmful...
The only harmful think I see if people placing more emphasis on things other than God and other human lives.
It's sad that people value a dog (or a lion) more than a human life.....

Where has anyone on this threaded demanded that the gov't pay for abortions?

So let's recap.

Well, thank geebus, your views are not universal nor are they universally accepted views. Perhaps it is better to say nothing at all sometimes.

Better for who? Do you think I care what you or anyone else here thinks about me....

Think again..........

Good, then you can stop being a preachy PITA at any time. :)

No it just means I'll continue to post when and what I feel like... and you get to choose to not read or ignore... or read them and continue to be annoyed (or, whatever you feel or don't feel about them...)

You seem to think your way is the only "correct" way, and yet you are a complete hypocrite just like most man-made religion believers. Sorry, you are not more "holy than thou." Stop trying to come across as if you are. Yes, that is a very annoying trait that you can control.

Yer preaching to Bonzi about Catholics. Catholics to Bonzi=BAD.

I am unfluttered by those Christians who find Catholicism so wrong. Jesus said "father forgive them, they know not what they do."

So let's recap.

Perhaps. But then how would we learn and become better people? I think it's ok to express views.. esp. if we are willing to explore and discuss the merits of those views.

okay lets regroup here and realize that the organs are harvested from late term abortions which are still pretty rare....and parts are not sold...the fees are for handling and transportation....

now why isnt anyone addressing the real new rising star...chemical abortion....you go to the doctor you take one pill in his office after an exam..you go home and i think 3 days later take another pill....inducing the abortion...abortion clinics are a fading thing......

Why does one body part cost more than another? The shipping and handling are identical.

So let's recap.

Stop making stuff up. Just admit it... you quoted a portion of the bible then changed the parts you did not like. You purposefully changed the text of the bible because it didn't say what you wanted it to say. FYI sometimes we are taught things that are not true. Then those things get ingrained in our heads and we make assumptions about the truth of the teachings. Then when confronted with new information our brains reject the new information as false because it conflicts with our memories.
I'll ask you this... what possible harm do you think will come to you if animals do in fact have a spirit or a soul so to speak? Is it because you eat meat? Do you think the animals you ate will torment you in hell or something?

The only harmful think I see if people placing more emphasis on things other than God and other human lives.

Why do you insist that they value it any more? Maybe some of us value all life the same?

So let's recap.

Perhaps. But then how would we learn and become better people? I think it's ok to express views.. esp. if we are willing to explore and discuss the merits of those views.

Sorry, but many of the "views" expressed here are just ignorant and not at all informative or educational. In fact, a lot of the so-called "religious" posters are very good examples of how NOT to be, IMO.

So let's recap.

It's incredibly arrogant of you to start threads about sex and other things, which goes against your strict religious beliefs, claim you are a Christian who is "working on it" and then to denigrate or preach to others about their flaws. Do you understand that?

Where has anyone on this threaded demanded that the gov't pay for abortions?
It was a question. Typically the meme of the abortionists is that if they are made to carry the baby to term they are being punished. ChrisL said punish for sinning in the context of sex and babies... and the OP is about abortions... ergo, my question.

It's just funny to me, you know? Oh, I have a "relationship" with God and I know what is best, even though I do NOT do it. but it's cool because I tell God I'm sorry later. :lol: Good geebus, we are SCREWED when these people are actually taken seriously.

Well, the Lion has no soul.

But, the Babies are in heaven... but, they had a right to live.....

Humans will always take precedence over animals.
nothing or more annoying that $ being spent on animals.
You're wrong, we are but a type of animal.. all animals have a soul. Man's claim to be the only animal with a soul is just hubris.

I don't believe that is true....I don't think God created animals with souls....but we can ask him when we move on...

i believe they do

i cant imagine heaven without my pets

And here you go....4 minutes of jimmy kimmel on the death of this lion....

Jimmy Kimmel Is Super Sad About Cecil the Lion -- Vulture

The real stupidity begins at the 2:20 mark who calls this guy the most hated man in America.....and all he did was kill one lion........and the outrage.......the attack on the mans on his manhood.........and yet...where is his outrage over the murder of those babies at planned parenthood........?

At the 4;20 mark he freakin chokes up.........

And those babies?

yeah that was pretty f ed up

So let's recap.

Sorry, but many of the "views" expressed here are just ignorant and not at all informative or educational. In fact, a lot of the so-called "religious" posters are very good examples of how NOT to be, IMO.
Do you count yourself in that group? Cause your post attacking conservatives was wrong and out of line.

Well, the Lion has no soul.

But, the Babies are in heaven... but, they had a right to live.....

Humans will always take precedence over animals.
nothing or more annoying that $ being spent on animals.
You're wrong, we are but a type of animal.. all animals have a soul. Man's claim to be the only animal with a soul is just hubris.

I don't believe that is true....I don't think God created animals with souls....but we can ask him when we move on...

i believe they do

i cant imagine heaven without my pets

Many people feel that way.
I just wish people felt that way about God.... he loves us unconditionally too.....

Forum List

Back