🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lions, tigers and babies....oh my? Which do you value more? State your political leanings please.

Which means more to you?

• 1) the death of Cecil the lion

• 2) the death of the babies at planned parenthood

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh Geez! This is just hyperbole at it's finest and a whine fest. Instead of complaining about helping other people in your own country and making your country a stronger and better place to live, why don't you concentrate on the BILLIONS of dollars we send to other countries every year that hate our guts? Hmm? How about that? Think of what we could do at home with that money. What about the HUGE tax breaks and exemptions that huge rich corporations get? Nope, you'd rather complain that some single woman with child/children gets a few hundred bucks a week on which to live because she has limited choices.
Why are you trying to deflect from owe wrong act to another wrong act? Are you saying it's ok for you to be the benificiary of forced income redistribution because our government also screws me over by sending a different portion of my paycheck to countries that hate us?

Redistributing my income by force to you is helping this country? You don't think much of yourself do you?

What makes you think other wrongs that are done to me makes the wrong that you benefit from that is done to me ok?

Yes it does help our country. Poverty is not good for a country. Anyone knows that much. No, charity does not get enough to help all of the people that need help. That's all there is to it.
What makes you think forced income redistribution in the form of hand-outs will pull people out of poverty? There is no amount of money that could make a hand-out system bring people out of poverty. That is because hand-out systems encourage poverty. Hell, our hand-out system encourages generational poverty. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows hand-ups work better than hand-outs. Everyone with an ounce of common sense knows redistributing from success to failure is a waste of resources.

Charity and hand-up systems work and work very well. Receiving monthly checks from government agency in DC. ROFL you think that check is gonna lift you out of poverty?

You want to get out of poverty? Learn a skill and use it to earn some money vs. selling your misery as an excuse for a hand-out check.

It not about pulling them out of poverty. It is about helping your fellow people who need help and not letting them starve or die due to lack of medical care, etc. No charity does not receive enough donations to help all the poor people in our country. That is beyond silly to even imagine that to be the case.
And how does STEALING MY MONEY THAT I WOULD HAVE OTHERWISE WISELY SPENT ON A HAND UP TO USE AS A HAND OUT gonna help my fellow people? Why do you think you know better how to spend my income than I do? Are you an absolute moron? HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD A THING ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF CHARITIES IN THIS COUNTRY? HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD ABOUT FREE CLINICS AND PRO-BONO WORK DONE BY CHARITABLE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY? HAVE YOU NEVER GIVEN A SINGLE MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY A HELPING HAND? ARE YOU COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING ON YOUR OWN? WHY DO YOU NEED GOVERNMENT TO HOLD YOUR HAND WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Stealing your money, huh? You see, this just shows your mind set. Once your tax money leaves your hands, it is no longer "your" money. All of our money is pooled together as a resource, and it is correctly used to help our own poor people here at home. Sorry about your greed.

In a truly Civilized Society, this would not even be an issue. Human life would always take priority over animal life.
What is civilized about hunting a pet?

Hunting is not illegal. If you wish to make it so, lobby your legislators.

Killing someone's pet IS Illegal as the pet is personal property.

If I gotta choose my fur child over some human stranger, you can bet yer ass my fur child will win every time. Period.

Oh Geez! This is just hyperbole at it's finest and a whine fest. Instead of complaining about helping other people in your own country and making your country a stronger and better place to live, why don't you concentrate on the BILLIONS of dollars we send to other countries every year that hate our guts? Hmm? How about that? Think of what we could do at home with that money. What about the HUGE tax breaks and exemptions that huge rich corporations get? Nope, you'd rather complain that some single woman with child/children gets a few hundred bucks a week on which to live because she has limited choices.
Why are you trying to deflect from owe wrong act to another wrong act? Are you saying it's ok for you to be the benificiary of forced income redistribution because our government also screws me over by sending a different portion of my paycheck to countries that hate us?

Redistributing my income by force to you is helping this country? You don't think much of yourself do you?

What makes you think other wrongs that are done to me makes the wrong that you benefit from that is done to me ok?

Yes it does help our country. Poverty is not good for a country. Anyone knows that much. No, charity does not get enough to help all of the people that need help. That's all there is to it.
What makes you think forced income redistribution in the form of hand-outs will pull people out of poverty? There is no amount of money that could make a hand-out system bring people out of poverty. That is because hand-out systems encourage poverty. Hell, our hand-out system encourages generational poverty. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows hand-ups work better than hand-outs. Everyone with an ounce of common sense knows redistributing from success to failure is a waste of resources.

Charity and hand-up systems work and work very well. Receiving monthly checks from government agency in DC. ROFL you think that check is gonna lift you out of poverty?

You want to get out of poverty? Learn a skill and use it to earn some money vs. selling your misery as an excuse for a hand-out check.

Come out of your fantasy land and join us here in the REAL world.
You live in hell... why would I want to join you?

You are just an ignorant old man. Sorry about that too. The fact is, there are not enough charities to take care of all the poor families who fall below the poverty level in our country. Not NEARLY enough, dummy.

If I gotta choose my fur child over some human stranger, you can bet yer ass my fur child will win every time. Period.

And that is why our society is fucked.

In a truly Civilized Society, this would not even be an issue. Human life would always take priority over animal life.
In a truly civilized society people like you that make up strawmen about there being a choice between humans or animals would be completely ignored.

In a Civilized Society, the government would protect you and the public from your insanity by putting you in a humane mental institution. That way, you wouldn't be able to organize mobs to murder hunters.
Oh an "internet" tough guy. I'm so scared of you I'm shaking in my boots. What am I to do you're gonna come put me away... I better bend over and pray to you and tell you how awesome you are. lol I've got a better idea... how about you organize a mob and come try to put me away.

Yeah, that lion in Africa was killed...and the left is in mourning like a human was killed. I am sorry the lion was killed as well, I love animals a lot...even liberals.......but the mourning for the lion, vs. the silence on the killings at planned unparenthood are revealing...so a poll......

Please, for the purpose of this poll, state your political leanings.....if you dare...

I am a modern American Conservative.....

I am confused as to how these two are related. On the one hand, the killing of the lion was a pretty disgusting act. I say that as a hunter. On the other hand, Planned Parenthood provides a number of services, and only one of those is objectionable to some people. They do a lot of good for women who would be forced to do without if not for them (mainly for financial reasons).
This is today's talking point.....multiple threads, multiple message boards. Pretty obvious. Someone thought it was clever.....but didn't think it thru before putting it out there for the low-info minions to pick up.

In a truly civilized society people like you that make up strawmen about there being a choice between humans or animals would be completely ignored.

In a Civilized Society, the government would protect you and the public from your insanity by putting you in a humane mental institution. That way, you wouldn't be able to organize mobs to murder hunters.
^doubling down on her strawman.

What is civilized about hunting a pet?

Hunting is not illegal. If you wish to make it so, lobby your legislators.

Killing someone's pet IS Illegal as the pet is personal property.
And this lion was part of a preserve and tame...so you fail, once again.

It not about pulling them out of poverty. It is about helping your fellow people who need help and not letting them starve or die due to lack of medical care, etc. No charity does not receive enough donations to help all the poor people in our country. That is beyond silly to even imagine that to be the case.
And how does STEALING MY MONEY THAT I WOULD HAVE OTHERWISE WISELY SPENT ON A HAND UP TO USE AS A HAND OUT gonna help my fellow people? Why do you think you know better how to spend my income than I do? Are you an absolute moron? HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD A THING ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF CHARITIES IN THIS COUNTRY? HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD ABOUT FREE CLINICS AND PRO-BONO WORK DONE BY CHARITABLE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY? HAVE YOU NEVER GIVEN A SINGLE MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY A HELPING HAND? ARE YOU COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING ON YOUR OWN? WHY DO YOU NEED GOVERNMENT TO HOLD YOUR HAND WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Stealing your money, huh? You see, this just shows your mind set. Once your tax money leaves your hands, it is no longer "your" money. All of our money is pooled together as a resource, and it is correctly used to help our own poor people here at home. Sorry about your greed.
Oh I see. So if I steal your car it's not stealing once I get it in my driveway then it's finders keepers... ROFL The mindset of the children never ceases to amaze me. How old are you 12?

Liberals are more concerned with Cecil and that bakers bake gay cakes, than they are with baby parts being harvested.

Baby parts being harvested?

If baby parts are being used for medical purposes, that seems to be avoiding a waste. They are not aborting babies just to gain the parts. The parts are the result of women deciding to abort a pregnancy. The difference may be subtle, but it is very much there.

What are the parts being used for?
It's as much a difference as killing someone to harvest their heart and harvesting the heart (with permission) of someone who died.

Come out of your fantasy land and join us here in the REAL world.
You live in hell... why would I want to join you?

You are just an ignorant old man. Sorry about that too. The fact is, there are not enough charities to take care of all the poor families who fall below the poverty level in our country. Not NEARLY enough, dummy.
Bullshit. The way to get YOU OUT OF POVERTY IS TO STOP PAYING YOU TO BE POOR.

I don't disagree with hunting, as long as it is ethical. This was not at all ethical though, IMO. I thought I heard one or maybe two guides have been charged with poaching. I could be wrong, and I have to go now, so I don't really have time to search.

I am confused as to how these two are related. On the one hand, the killing of the lion was a pretty disgusting act. I say that as a hunter. On the other hand, Planned Parenthood provides a number of services, and only one of those is objectionable to some people. They do a lot of good for women who would be forced to do without if not for them (mainly for financial reasons).

Sorry, this isn't the 19th century...any hospital or medical practice or county health dept. could do what they do.....and they already get tax money for regular services........

Could? Sure.
Do they? No.

But if you want to dismiss 400,000 PAP smears, 500,000 breast exams, and 4.5 million STI tests and treatments, you are free to do so. But comparing it to a rich guy paying to have an old lion lured out of sanctuary so he could be shot over bait seems a bit of a stretch.

They are killiing babies and selling their organs for money. The guy killed a lion...sad, and unecessary....but killing babies for money trumps that....
Women choosing to abort. Get your facts straight. RIGHT TO CHOOSE. You are trying to make this thread all about abortion and a woman's right to choose into a deliberate murder of a gerber faced baby, vs a lion LURED out to be beheaded for some schmucks wall. The lion is just a scapegoat for your obvious intent to make it about abortion.

It is about killing babies and selling their organs for money, I have been obvious about it......and the planned parent video is not about a blob of cells....but small humans with arms, legs and a nervous system...........thank you for responding....

These are the people who will be in charge of deciding if you and your family get the medical procedures you need to survive.......they believe killing a lion is horrible.....the baby thing...as long as they also do pap smears....not so bad.....
What babies have been killed? Were they kidnapped first? Did the parents know? Why are we not hearing about this baby kidnapping and killing thing?

Oh I see. So if I steal your car it's not stealing once I get it in my driveway then it's finders keepers... ROFL The mindset of the children never ceases to amaze me. How old are you 12?

I think you might be, since you don't seem to understand taxes.

Well when I die I hope my dog is there.. otherwise it would not be the heaven I'm hoping for.

If you put that much emphasis on your dog, you have misplaced priorities. We need to talk.
I like my dogs more than most people. In fact, the more I learn about people the more I like dogs. You have your religious beliefs but God is bigger than any book.

I don't claim to know about the afterlife but my dogs have personality that transcends many people. And I do not believe dogs are unique that way.

The OP question is a false dichotomy though, it isn't an either/or scenario. I can dislike killing babies for birth control and killing lions for an ego fluffing.

Very true...and the OP wasn't bright enough to see that when he picked up the talking point.

So you agree that if I say I'm taxing your car and I drive off with it then it's mine to do with as I see fit right? Including say to just junk it and send you a photo laughing at you and telling you I can't wait till you buy me another car. Then calling you out as an evil son of a bitch cause you won't give me a new one each year. That about sum up your view on life? You can have anything you want from anyone you want just as long as you call it a tax? The word tax makes it "ok" right?

They are killiing babies and selling their organs for money. The guy killed a lion...sad, and unecessary....but killing babies for money trumps that....
Women choosing to abort. Get your facts straight. RIGHT TO CHOOSE. You are trying to make this thread all about abortion and a woman's right to choose into a deliberate murder of a gerber faced baby, vs a lion LURED out to be beheaded for some schmucks wall. The lion is just a scapegoat for your obvious intent to make it about abortion.

It is about killing babies and selling their organs for money, I have been obvious about it......and the planned parent video is not about a blob of cells....but small humans with arms, legs and a nervous system...........thank you for responding....

These are the people who will be in charge of deciding if you and your family get the medical procedures you need to survive.......they believe killing a lion is horrible.....the baby thing...as long as they also do pap smears....not so bad.....
Blah blah blah blah.

Yes....they killed babies.......so they could sell their organs for money........human beings.....helpless human beings who also did nothing wrong..........just like animals.....

On this I call bullshit. But it is common bullshit.

You said "Yes....they killed babies.......so they could sell their organs for money". No they did not. They did not kill babies SO they could sell the organs. They performed abortions and did not waste a resource. But the selling of the organs is not the reason they performed abortions.
I would like to see the proof from the OP that first...babies are being killed, second...that the parents are being paid to have their babies killed...and third...the babies are killed IN ORDER to get their organs. TIA

So you agree that if I say I'm taxing your car and I drive off with it then it's mine to do with as I see fit right? Including say to just junk it and send you a photo laughing at you and telling you I can't wait till you buy me another car. Then calling you out as an evil son of a bitch cause you won't give me a new one each year. That about sum up your view on life?

No, what makes you think I would agree with you about anything? You are an idiot, IMO.

Forum List

Back