Liquor Stores Are An Essential Business? Really?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I was waiting for a takeout order at my next door neighbor's restaurant the other day, and I looked over at the liquor store half a block up on the other side of the street.

There was a constant stream of customers going in the place. Meanwhile, an employee had opened a side door and carried out piles and piles and piles of empty boxes.

I can't get a haircut, but I can get stone drunk at home around a houseful of kids and my spouse?

I was talking to a cop the other day. He said domestic violence was spiking like crazy right now.

What special retard decided liquor stores are essential businesses during a lockdown?

I guess that's one way to inject an antiseptic...

I was waiting for a takeout order at my next door neighbor's restaurant the other day, and I looked over at the liquor store half a block up on the other side of the street.

There was a constant stream of customers going in the place. Meanwhile, an employee had opened a side door and carried out piles and piles and piles of empty boxes.

I can't get a haircut, but I can get stone drunk at home around a houseful of kids and my spouse?

I was talking to a cop the other day. He said domestic violence was spiking like crazy right now.

What special retard decided liquor stores are essential businesses during a lockdown?
Thank your progressive governor that you likely voted for. I love when the chickens come home to roost.

Thank your progressive governor that you likely voted for. I love when the chickens come home to roost.
Hey dumbshit. They're open in Texas.

This guy says yes.....

1588964921717.png

The local order, said Dr. Sherri Onyiego of Harris County Public Health, left liquor stores open for different health reason — to avoid a spike in residents flooding hospitals with symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.

Those poor alcoholic Texans...

It must be wonderful to be trapped under the same roof with a wife-beating drunk with guns. YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAWWWWWW!

"That's part of our cultural heritage!"

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Liquor, cigarettes, grass,abortions, lottery tickets- all considered "essential" by the Leftists.

Worshipping Almighty God? Getting a haircut or getting your teeth cleaned? Not so much.

Go figure.

Actually it does, tard.

Liquor, cigarettes, grass,abortions, lottery tickets- all considered "essential" by the Leftists.

Worshipping Almighty God? Getting a haircut or getting your teeth cleaned? Not so much.

Go figure.
As I pointed out to the other tard, liquor stores are open in red states, too.

Nice try.

Actually it does, tard.
Sez a proven liar. Sod off commie.

Go figure.
As I pointed out to the other tard, liquor stores are open in red states, too.

Nice try.
Lmao, who cares?

You bet your bippy and so are pot dispensaries. How else is anyone gonna put up with unemployment, their crazy wives, screaming kids and all of the rest of this bullshit?
Especially with all the whore houses shut down and no street walkers out and about.

Last edited:
Republican Governor Ron DeSantis's state of Florida: Why are liquor stores considered ‘essential’ during COVID-19 pandemic? Here are 5 reasons

This is an extreme circumstance since many just drink casually, but it’s still possible, considering some people depend on alcohol for relaxing, since it is considered a depressant, according to Vice.

If liquor stores are closed and the options for alcoholic beverages become more limited, it might cause withdrawals for those people.

Those withdrawals can lead to symptoms such as agitation, a rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure and possibly even hallucinations. If that occurs, then trips to the hospital are a near-certainty, with some cases forcing patients to be placed into a medically induced coma that requires intubation and ventilators.

This is true. Alcohol withdrawal is the only withdrawal which can actually kill you.

Liquor stores are a money-maker for the government.
In short, taxes on alcohol bring governments on all levels a TON of money.

In 2018, revenue from alcohol taxes amounted to more than $10 billion, according to Statista.

That’s a significant amount of cash the government wants to keep flowing into its coffers.

A-ha!

You bet your bippy and so are pot dispensaries. How else is anyone gonna put up with unemployment, their crazy wife's, screaming kids and all of the rest of this bullshit?
Because alcohol and domestic disputes are always a good mix. :lol:

You bet your bippy and so are pot dispensaries. How else is anyone gonna put up with unemployment, their crazy wife's, screaming kids and all of the rest of this bullshit?

Actually, its eminent sense. Gov. Newsom in California has said that there will be no return to normalcy there until after a vaccine is approved. Might as well get loaded, this may take years.

Actually, its eminent sense. Gov. Newsom in California has said that there will be no return to normalcy there until after a vaccine is approved. Might as well get loaded, this may take years.

Republican Governor Ron DeSantis's state of Florida: Why are liquor stores considered ‘essential’ during COVID-19 pandemic? Here are 5 reasons

This is an extreme circumstance since many just drink casually, but it’s still possible, considering some people depend on alcohol for relaxing, since it is considered a depressant, according to Vice.

If liquor stores are closed and the options for alcoholic beverages become more limited, it might cause withdrawals for those people.

Those withdrawals can lead to symptoms such as agitation, a rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure and possibly even hallucinations. If that occurs, then trips to the hospital are a near-certainty, with some cases forcing patients to be placed into a medically induced coma that requires intubation and ventilators.

This is true. Alcohol withdrawal is the only withdrawal which can actually kill you.

Liquor stores are a money-maker for the government.
In short, taxes on alcohol bring governments on all levels a TON of money.

In 2018, revenue from alcohol taxes amounted to more than $10 billion, according to Statista.

That’s a significant amount of cash the government wants to keep flowing into its coffers.

A-ha!

People know how to make wine at home, bathtub gin, beer. It isn't rocket science.

Further, there are any number of speakeasy type establishments opening up. Alcohol withdrawal can be a problem for some people, but not as many as you think.

Forum List

Back