Living the good life off of government benefits

"Living the good life on government benefits".....this idea has been around for as long as I can remember, more than 40 years at least. So, why is it considered a 'current event'? Nothing new here.

Anyway, from what I've seen, it doesn't look like a very good life to me: they live like trailer trash and most of the people I've ever met or seen who were living on benefits were white 'cracker' trailer trash types. What's so good about such a life? :eusa_hand:

and you call other people racists?

She is not a racist! Sounds more like a classist! But she does have a point!
having to label somebody with an 'ist' when all they did was speak truth with colorful language.

My uncle never belonged to a union and considers most of them domestic terrorist groups .

you mean because they :

1) shipped 30 million jobs offshore
2) taught people you get ahead through violence rather by hard work
3) raised prices and impoverished those not in unions

More because of the chunk of metal he has carried for 30+ yerars now: a .30-06 round he dug out of the sleeper on his Kenworth, that was intended to take his HEAD off while he slept!

My uncle never belonged to a union and considers most of them domestic terrorist groups that should be dealt with as such. He brought home a good salary & benefits (enough to pay cash for a new Lincoln LSC), he paid off his house before he was 55. He retired in his late 50's and could cash a seven-figure check Monday if he had to.

Was this the same uncle you said went around threatening people with guns or is this a different uncle?

I never said anyone went around threatening people with guns. You are projecting, hallucinating, lying, stupid, or all four.

My uncle never belonged to a union and considers most of them domestic terrorist groups .

you mean because they :

More because of the chunk of metal he has carried for 30+ yerars now: a .30-06 round he dug out of the sleeper on his Kenworth, that was intended to take his HEAD off while he slept!

What did he do to piss them off so bad?

I can't tell you how many I've had sit across my desk and whine "I have a degenerative spine condition...I just can't work." I'm like..wait, I have that...I worked anyway. It's called "do some fucking situps, stop smoking and quit laying for months on the couch you fucking loser".

I see healthy people collecting bogus disability...while I sometimes need help getting out of bed before going to work. (Back problems, two bad knees, poorly-healed ribs.) So...tell me again why I work? :(

You work? YOu seem to be here all day and all night screaming about how those people are ripping you off.

...says the troll with 26,000+ posts. You're projecting again. I'm online after work and on weekends...and often not at all for 2-3 days.

Frankly, this is one of those RW fantasies. My sister recently lost all sight in one eye, making her unable to work in her chosen profession. But Social Security won't give her disability because she can still make a fraction of her former nurses salary teaching once a week.

Horseshit. My wife's best friend is a nurse...and the head nurse at her former job had one blind eye. She still worked as a nurse. Try again, Joey!

My uncle never belonged to a union and considers most of them domestic terrorist groups that should be dealt with as such. He brought home a good salary & benefits (enough to pay cash for a new Lincoln LSC), he paid off his house before he was 55. He retired in his late 50's and could cash a seven-figure check Monday if he had to.

Was this the same uncle you said went around threatening people with guns or is this a different uncle?

I never said anyone went around threatening people with guns. You are projecting, hallucinating, lying, stupid, or all four.

I get you whacks mixed up. Didn't you say you had an uncle who scared away an intruder with a gun, or was that one of the other whacks?

(Pssst.... the FBI says that never actually happens....Pssst.)

you mean because they :

What did he do to piss them off so bad?

He demanded the jackass running the forklift load his trailer properly!

I get you whacks mixed up. Didn't you say you had an uncle who scared away an intruder with a gun, or was that one of the other whacks?

You are hallucinating. SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP!

You are hallucinating. SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP!

No, when you have to deal with about 20 different USMB whacks who all go around claiming that they are The Punisher scaring off the scary brown people with their big-bad guns, it's kind of hard to keep you all straight.

I will give you one hundred trillion dollars a day for one trillion days if you can point to a post where I have said that, you lying sack of shit.

I can't tell you how many I've had sit across my desk and whine "I have a degenerative spine condition...I just can't work." I'm like..wait, I have that...I worked anyway. It's called "do some fucking situps, stop smoking and quit laying for months on the couch you fucking loser".

I see healthy people collecting bogus disability...while I sometimes need help getting out of bed before going to work. (Back problems, two bad knees, poorly-healed ribs.) So...tell me again why I work? :(

You work? YOu seem to be here all day and all night screaming about how those people are ripping you off.

Frankly, this is one of those RW fantasies. My sister recently lost all sight in one eye, making her unable to work in her chosen profession. But Social Security won't give her disability because she can still make a fraction of her former nurses salary teaching once a week.
Not only do you demand we support your sorry ass, you want us to support the rest of your family too. I mean we are talking about adults here, right?

Small wonder then that everybody regards you as whiny and parasitic.

Not only do you demand we support your sorry ass, you want us to support the rest of your family too. I mean we are talking about adults here, right?

Dude, I have a higher rep score than you do... so no, I wouldn't say "everyone" thinks that at all.

Incidently, in my sister's case, she started as a nurse's assistant at 18 and worked as a nurse for about 35 years until she lost sight in her eye about 2 years ago. It's not like she can actually do anything else. No one is going to hire a half-blind 56 year old to flip burgers.

In short, for 35 years, she paid into Social Security for EXACTLY this kind of contingency. That's why it's there.

I guess I'm missing the point? This woman is doing the same thing Paul Ryan's family did when his father died suddenly. Isn't this the Christian thing to do, help others in need? I always miss the point when something one person does is wrong but ithe same thing another person does is right. Hypocrisy is an embedded trait among those who don't believe in America's values or religious values, it seems? Eventually this woman will work and support herself and America? Can we say the same for Paul Ryan, seems he's still dependent on government?

Last edited:

Dude, I have a higher rep score than you do... so no, I wouldn't say "everyone" thinks that at all.
Seriously?! Isn't being whiny and parasitic bad enough without being abjectly stupid?:confused:

who the hell is calling for letting them starve?

doesn't matter really, we are heading for a fall..enjoy

Brouillette admits in our hyper-politicized culture, meaningful reform is unlikely until there’s a financial crisis, which he says is coming.

Yeah, yeah, you guys have been predicting imminent doom for four years now... it's getting a bit old, doncha think.

Seriously, you guys are becoming like the ex-girlfriend from hell. I halfway expect to come home to a boiled bunny.

:laugh:

Seriously?! Isn't being whiny and parasitic bad enough without being abjectly stupid?:confused:

Wouldn't know, guy, I work harder than you do, and I'm a veteran, unlike you.

All your professed love for this country, you live in another country and never signed up for the armed forces...

Our family would be eligible for $14,976 in free day care, another $13,400 for Head Start and Early Head Start, $7,148 in housing vouchers, $6,500 for weatherization projects, $400 to pay heating bills, $480 a year for a cell phone, with an extra $230 for a land line, and $182 in free legal advice.

The family would get more than $6,028 in food assistance and another $6,045 in medical assistance. The mother is eligible for $5,500 in Pell Grants for school with an additional $12,000 for the Education Opportunity Grant; SMART Grant; and TEACH Grant.

Our family would also get $6,800 in tax credits, and $1,900 in withholding would be returned.

Add it up and this family can get $81,589 in free assistance.

Staph, you still don't get it, do you?

Once upon a time, Americans had good union jobs and they got all these things themselves. Wives could stay home with the kids because their Husbands earned good paychecks.

And the Plutocrats decided this was just horrible, because they didn't have enough money for Dressage Horsies. So they busted up the unions, they m oved those good manufacturing jobs to third world shitholes, they got "right to work" and "At Will" employment so they could fire people easily whenever there was a recession and hire people who'd work for less.

But here was the thing... working folks and poor folks didn't just obediently starve so their Plutocratic Masters could have more Dressage Ponies.

They voted for programs so they could keep eating. They became Democrats.

And this is the tragedy of the whole thing. You did this to yourselves.

“A liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and a job after.”
― Gloria Steinem

Yes, I have.

And that you still don't kind of comprehend it is the scary part.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So you're admitting you really can't refute what I said, then?

So when are you going to starve to death to be too proud to take a government assistance?

But here's the thing about middle class entitlement... you think you are "entitled" to Social Security and Unemployment, but "Those people" getting food stamps and WIC, those "moochers" and "Takers".

And the Plutocrats laugh all the way to the bank.

There's a big difference because many of us have paid into Social Security our entire working lives. We've contributed to that fund. Just what exactly have those "starving", collecting foodstamps and social welfare, paid into those programs? Programs that wre intended to be temporary assistance until people could get on their own feet are now multi-generational "careers".

Forum List

Back