Liz Cheney: The U.S. Is ‘Sleepwalking Into Dictatorship’

I'm not a trump worshipper. :laughing0301:
I've even said that I won't be voting for him in the primaries on this very board.
So once again, you making shit up to argue what you THINK another person believes.
You aren't nearly as smart as what you think you are. :eusa_whistle:
Lol! You are defending trump in thiis very thread..

And you're still butthurt because a black man told you he was smarter than you..

Trump has "told us what he will do," the Republican former congresswoman said in preview clips from an interview.

We don't have to rely on what he says the future will hold if he is re-elected. Just look at what he did after he lost the election.

The indictment offers an astonishing, blow-by-blow account of Clark’s attempt to help Trump and, in the process, help himself by hijacking the Justice Department while leaping over his superiors to become acting attorney general.

On December 22, 2020, Clark began to secretly conspire with Trump without the knowledge of his superiors at the Justice Department, according to the indictment. He met that day with Trump at the White House, but “Co-Conspirator 4 had not informed his leadership at the Justice Department of the meeting, which was a violation of the Justice Department’s written policy restricting contacts with the White House to guard against improper political influence.”

On December 26, Clark spoke on the phone with Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and lied about the circumstances of his meeting with the president, “falsely claiming that the meeting had been unplanned,” according to the indictment. Rosen told him not to have any further unauthorized contacts with the White House, and Clark promised he wouldn’t.

But the next day, according to the indictment, Clark talked to Trump on the phone. That afternoon, Trump called Rosen and Richard Donoghue, the acting deputy attorney general, and told them: “People tell me [Co-Conspirator 4] is great. I should put him in,” suggesting that he was considering putting Clark in charge of the Justice Department. At the same time, Trump followed up on his earlier efforts to pressure Rosen and Donoghue to use the Justice Department to help him overturn the election results, telling them: “Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen.”
As always, bug.80 uses lots of words to say nothing intelligent.

I accept your admission you have nothing.

Run along, liar.
Sane people see what Republicans are trying to do.. Which is why you can't explain the great days we are supposed to return to.

Sane people see what Republicans are trying to do.. Which is why you can't explain the great days we are supposed to return to.
You can’t show us what you claim they are doing, you lying vermin.

Lol! You are defending trump in thiis very thread..

And you're still butthurt because a black man told you he was smarter than you..
A black man? Playing the fucking race card there, dude? :clap:
You always tell us how smart you are, has nothing to do with your skin color.
You just aren't that bright as a human being.
Defending him as in calling a "circus" a circus?
Whatever IM2. :cuckoo:

Sometimes you have to wonder about the left. They seem to prefer weak leadership from mentally and physically impaired politicians. Going back to the 20th century we had Woodrow Wilson still supported by the democrat dominated media after a debilitating stroke. Democrats ran FDR for a 4th term when they knew he was dying and would not live to complete the term. Recently Pa. democrats elected a freaking joke to the senate who doesn't seem able to articulate or even dress appropriately and we have a clearly mentally impaired president in office. It is logical to assume that we have a dark unelected cabal of liberals running the government today and it is logical to assume that the last thing todays gender fluid groomers want is strong leadership.

You see, here is the thing. Trump is the weakest American President in my lifetime. Much worse than Carter, because he allowed Xi, and Putin, and Kim to walk all over him, increased the trade deficit with China, bankrupted your family farmers, and allowed Putin and Xi to walk into Africa and form strategic alliances with all of the "shithole countries" there.

Republicans propped up Reagan who was showing obvious signs of the dementia which killed him, during his final term. Nodding off during cabinet meetings. He knew nothing of Iran Contra because Oliver North and those who thought they knew better, ran secret operations without telling him. As St. Ronnie said in taking responsibility to the American people for what happened "Although I knew nothing about it, I SHOULD have known". He was absolutely correct, he should have.

Today it's Mitch McConnell, and Diane Feinstein. I get them wanting to show respect for these leaders and wanting them to leave on their own terms, but where are their families in all of this? They should be stepping in and saying "It's time. You're not able to do this any longer".

Trump has "told us what he will do," the Republican former congresswoman said in preview clips from an interview.

Liz Cheney, the former Republican representative from Wyoming, expressed deep concern in an interview about American democracy’s ability to survive another four-year presidential term for Donald Trump.

In clips shared Friday from the interview that will air on “CBS News Sunday Morning,” Cheney told host Josh Dickerson that Americans can’t entirely rely on Congress and the judicial system to rein in Trump ― the clear front-runner at this point for the GOP presidential nomination despite facing 91 felony charges linked to his 2016 campaign, his 2020 reelection loss and his mishandling of classified documents.

“He’s told us what he will do. It’s very easy to see the steps that he will take,” Cheney said.

“People who say ‘Well, if he’s elected, it’s not that dangerous because we have all of these checks and balances’ don’t fully understand the extent to which the Republicans in Congress today have been co-opted. … One of the things that we see happening today is a sort of a sleepwalking into dictatorship in the United States.”

Johnson was one of the biggest cheerleaders of Trump’s ill-fated attempt to claim victory in the 2020 election won by Joe Biden. Shortly after the election, Johnson led an amicus brief backing a Texas lawsuit asking the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the vote.

Cheney raised similar concerns about Johnson during a podcast appearance last month.

In a quote from the interview released by CBS News, Cheney slammed newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) as someone who “knows ... that what he’s doing and saying is wrong, but he’s willing to do it in an effort to please Donald Trump.”

Liz Cheney: The U.S. Is ‘Sleepwalking Into Dictatorship’

I totally agree! It's a scary and dangerous path that we're on! What do you think?

Cheney is an avowed trump hater…do we really put any stock to anything she has to say about him ?

Sorry vermin, that doesn't make your case.

Try again.

“For far too long, courts across the country have allowed political activists to file meritless lawsuits seeking to seize control of how states conduct elections and redistricting,” he said in a statement. “This decision confirms that enforcement of the Voting Rights Act should be handled by politically accountable officials and not by outside special interest groups.”

Sorry vermin, that doesn't make your case.

Try again.

“For far too long, courts across the country have allowed political activists to file meritless lawsuits seeking to seize control of how states conduct elections and redistricting,” he said in a statement. “This decision confirms that enforcement of the Voting Rights Act should be handled by politically accountable officials and not by outside special interest groups.”
In other words: exactly as the law itself was written and passed and signed.

Forum List

Back