Liz Cheney: We're Not Going To Let Trump Testify In Public To The January 6 Committee

By "fetching," you mean me, proving what I said is true. Unlike you, utterly failing to prove youf claim that Ashley was 14 at that time.
Nope. Your dumbass spin on what I posted doesn't interest me, Simp.

I didn't actually say any of that. Try and focus.

What I did say, in response to you claiming, "the right to a public hearing is guaranteed to every American," was, "such a right is only for criminal trials. This is not that."

So again, for which of those are you requesting a link? That such a right is for criminal trials? Or that the J6 hearings are not a trial?
That such a right is only for criminal trials would be a start. I've never heard of that restriction, and I love to see it in writing.

I don't think it is in dispute that the J6 hearings are a farce and not a trial.

So, you don't think that Trump is going to testify behind closed doors because Liz Cheney told him to? At least tells me you are not as delusional as she is. I'm not sure what your point is, then. I said that I see no way that they could force Trump to testify with the subpoena but only in a non public hearing. You seem to agree with that, so . . . what?

If you did not say that anything over-rides the first amendment of the press right to cover such testimony, what are you disagreeing about? Every American has a right to such a hearing being open just as I stated. Maybe you should state your own position so I know what the heck you're talking about?

Allah forgive us, we foolishly allowed a law to pass authorizing secret courts. But, as far as I know, we don't have a law allowing a secret congress.

Nope. Your dumbass spin on what I posted doesn't interest me, Simp.

LOLOL

I challenge you to prove your claim that Ashley was 14 -- you run from that like the pussy you are.

You challenge me to prove my claim that Pelosi accepted 3 of McCarthy's picks -- I step up and proved it.

tenor.gif

LOLOL

I challenge you to prove your claim that Ashley was 14 -- you run from that like the pussy you are.

You challenge me to prove my claim that Pelosi accepted 3 of McCarthy's picks -- I step up and proved it.

tenor.gif
Lies and spin is all you have.

:itsok:

That such a right is only for criminal trials would be a start. I've never heard of that restriction, and I love to see it in writing.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial
, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

I don't think it is in dispute that the J6 hearings are a farce and not a trial.

Of course that's disputed.

So, you don't think that Trump is going to testify behind closed doors because Liz Cheney told him to? At least tells me you are not as delusional as she is. I'm not sure what your point is, then. I said that I see no way that they could force Trump to testify with the subpoena but only in a non public hearing. You seem to agree with that, so . . . what?

First of all, I don't think he's going to testify at all. That aside, if he were to, he doesn't get to choose if it's behind closed doors or not. The committee decides that.

If you did not say that anything over-rides the first amendment of the press right to cover such testimony, what are you disagreeing about? Every American has a right to such a hearing being open just as I stated. Maybe you should state your own position so I know what the heck you're talking about?

Again, there is no such right.

And the fact that several of your dems wanted to impeach Trump from the first week he was in office, that Liz Cheney said she was going to do whatever she could to keep trump out of office, and that ALL of the dems on this committee have ready stated they think Trump is guilty, and that ALL of the dems have voted to impeach him twice, and that ALL of the dems have stated that trump should not be president, the fact that selective leaks from this committee have been ongoing, the fact that they have already investigated this and uses that investigation as a means to impeach the second time, and now they are investigating it AGAIN.

One would think that these people have an agenda..they too, are not trying to get to the bottom of J6.

The problem is, Rump just got crazier and crazier. Each time he got away with something it was the flag to go do something even crazier until it hit the criminal actions. And he kept getting away with those as well so he just got more insane. At some point we all needed to say, "Enough".

She and the sham illegal January 6 Committee are terrified of him testifying in a public setting due to the fact he'll expose them as frauds, as well as their narrative on what happened on January 6.

I would love to see Trump testify in front of that kangaroo committee In public. He would likely end the political careers of many on the committee and insure his victory in the 2024 Presidential race.

I would love to see Trump testify in front of that kangaroo committee In public. He would likely end the political careers of many on the committee and insure his victory in the 2024 Presidential race.
Our Congress critters are a bunch of worthless snowflakes. In the event of a real war they'd run and cower in the basement just like they did in J6.

We should defund those fuckers. :p

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial
, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
I don't see the word "only," anywhere there. You may not have heard of this amendment:

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

or this:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

If those two amendments mean anything at all, they mean congress cannot force a private citizen who is a former president to answer to a secret proceding in which the press is excluded.

I know that's the kind of America that Democrats want us to be, but they have not yet succeeded, thanks to the moral and physical courage of the Trump appointees on the Supreme Court.
Of course that's disputed.
By you? How?
First of all, I don't think he's going to testify at all. That aside, if he were to, he doesn't get to choose if it's behind closed doors or not. The committee decides that.
So, you do not believe - as Liz Cheney claims - that Trump will testify on her terms?

“We are going to proceed in terms of questioning of the former President under oath,” Cheney said. “It may take multiple days, and it will be done with a level of rigor and discipline and seriousness that it deserves.”

“(Trump)’s not going to turn this into a circus,” Cheney said. “This isn’t going to be, you know, his first debate against Joe Biden and the circus and the food fight that that became. This is a far too serious set of issues.”

As you say, Liz Cheney is wrong about Trump testifying. But she's right about the Biden debate.

It would indeed be the first debate against Joe Biden. The first debate for 2024. Trump would say, looking into the cameras, "you voted for Joe Biden because the media spent four years obsessing about Trump bigly. Now look what came in on his coattails."

You and I both know that the Dems, including Liz Cheney, will not give him that chance. So, again . . . we don't disagree on that, so why are you arguing?
Again, there is no such right.
You don't believe in the first amendment? Open meeting laws? Congressional transparency? None of those are rights for the American people? You must mean in the America that you imagine your Democratic leaders bringing about once they get rid of Trump. For now, all of those things are indeed rights.

Last edited:

If that were true, he would testify. But it's not true, so he won't.

If that were true, he would testify. But it's not true, so he won't.
You could be right. Trump could be demanding a public hearing as a way to avoid testifying. In other words, hoping the Dems are more afraid of him testifying than he is.

If so, the Dem's best strategy would be to call his bluff.

You could be right. Trump could be demanding a public hearing as a way to avoid testifying. In other words, hoping the Dems are more afraid of him testifying than he is.

If so, the Dem's best strategy would be to call his bluff.
BINGO!

Fawnboi knows Trump won't testify. Nobody on the left thinks he will. So the obvious strategy is to call his bluff, right?

Why won't Nazi Piglosi call his bluff Faun

Forum List

Back