Liz Cheney: We're Not Going To Let Trump Testify In Public To The January 6 Committee

I don't see the word "only," anywhere there. You may not have heard of this amendment:

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

or this:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

If those two amendments mean anything at all, they mean congress cannot force a private citizen who is a former president to answer to a secret proceding in which the press is excluded.

I know that's the kind of America that Democrats want us to be, but they have not yet succeeded, thanks to the moral and physical courage of the Trump appointees on the Supreme Court.

By you? How?

So, you do not believe - as Liz Cheney claims - that Trump will testify on her terms?

“We are going to proceed in terms of questioning of the former President under oath,” Cheney said. “It may take multiple days, and it will be done with a level of rigor and discipline and seriousness that it deserves.”

“(Trump)’s not going to turn this into a circus,” Cheney said. “This isn’t going to be, you know, his first debate against Joe Biden and the circus and the food fight that that became. This is a far too serious set of issues.”

As you say, Liz Cheney is wrong about Trump testifying. But she's right about the Biden debate.

It would indeed be the first debate against Joe Biden. The first debate for 2024. Trump would say, looking into the cameras, "you voted for Joe Biden because the media spent four years obsessing about Trump bigly. Now look what came in on his coattails."

You and I both know that the Dems, including Liz Cheney, will not give him that chance. So, again . . . we don't disagree on that, so why are you arguing?

You don't believe in the first amendment? Open meeting laws? Congressional transparency? None of those are rights for the American people? You must mean in the America that you imagine your Democratic leaders bringing about once they get rid of Trump. For now, all of those things are indeed rights.

Who said the press would be banned?

You could be right. Trump could be demanding a public hearing as a way to avoid testifying. In other words, hoping the Dems are more afraid of him testifying than he is.

If so, the Dem's best strategy would be to call his bluff.

I disagree. I believe their best strategy is to maintain control of how they want him to testify. They're in charge, not him.

Who said the press would be banned?
I didn't say they would be "banned," I said they would be excluded.

Is your counter that news cameras will be allowed in the room when they interrogate Trump?

I notice you like to ask questions, but never answer them.

Why is that?

Not that I expect you to answer . . .

I disagree. I believe their best strategy is to maintain control of how they want him to testify. They're in charge, not him.
He's not going to testify on their terms. You admitted that yourself.

So their strategy and maybe Trump's as well is to prevent Trump's testimony by making demands that will not be agreed to.

It's laughable to say that Lame Duck Cheney is in charge.

Because I can envision no scenario in which it is appropriate for a father to do that. Can you?

Sure I can. If it's not sexual and the child is very young, I see nothing wrong with it. Not everyone may feel that way but that doesn't make it inappropriate. Ashley herself didn't say flat out it was inappropriate; she said it was probably not appropriate. Sounds non-sexual to me.

Sure I can. If it's not sexual and the child is very young, I see nothing wrong with it. Not everyone may feel that way but that doesn't make it inappropriate. Ashley herself didn't say flat out it was inappropriate; she said it was probably not appropriate. Sounds non-sexual to me.
If by "very young", you mean infant or toddler stage, maybe. Certainly not after the child is old enough to shower on her own.

LOL

By "folded," you mean they're still looking to bring him in to testify.
By folded I mean she won't do it in the open.

You claim Trump won't testify no matter what, so why doesn't Nazi call his bluff and offer to do it in the open?

Surely you aren't full of shit, right?

Keep defended your pedophile hero.

I didn't say they would be "banned," I said they would be excluded.

Is your counter that news cameras will be allowed in the room when they interrogate Trump?

I notice you like to ask questions, but never answer them.

Why is that?

Not that I expect you to answer . . .

Same thing. Who said they would be excluded?

They can be there but without cameras.

If by "very young", you mean infant or toddler stage, maybe. Certainly not after the child is old enough to shower on her own.
Certainly not if she's old enough that she later remembers it, writes about it in her diary, and blames trying to forget the showers for her addictions.

As touch-feeling as Biden is in public on camera with young girls he just met whose parents are watching, anyone want to go on record saying he didn't get touchy feely with his daughter in the privacy of a shower?

Same thing. Who said they would be excluded?

They can be there but without cameras.
So, you are predicting that the press will be allowed in the room during the closed door testimony they want?

Has that happened with the J6 committee's other witnesses?

So, you are predicting that the press will be allowed in the room during the closed door testimony they want?

Has that happened with the J6 committee's other witnesses?
Fawnboi is making shit up. No press has been allowed in their secret interrogations.

He's not going to testify on their terms. You admitted that yourself.

So their strategy and maybe Trump's as well is to prevent Trump's testimony by making demands that will not be agreed to.

It's laughable to say that Lame Duck Cheney is in charge.

I never admitted that. I said I don't think he's going to testify under any circumstance. He can't. He's incapable of being completely truthful and he'll be under oath.

And yes, Cheney is one of the people in charge. She's vice chair. And she hasn't ruled out questioning him on live TV, should he show up.

I never admitted that. I said I don't think he's going to testify under any circumstance. He can't. He's incapable of being completely truthful and he'll be under oath.
What specifically could they ask him that would make him lie and be vulnerable to a charge of perjury?

Last edited:
The problem is, Rump just got crazier and crazier. Each time he got away with something it was the flag to go do something even crazier until it hit the criminal actions. And he kept getting away with those as well so he just got more insane. At some point we all needed to say, "Enough".
comical

Thus saith the one who votes for the "sane" party

u know.. the party that says any old stranger can cross the border and do Who knows what to Americans

the party that says the youngest Americans among us have no right to continue living and one person (the mother) has the right to murder him or her at will and "doctors" should always be allowed to be legally complicit in that murder

Get the hell outa here. You expect actually, truly sane people to listen to YOU people?

only crazies listen and even they are losing faith in your sick party

:dev2:

comical

Thus saith the one who votes for the "sane" party

u know.. the party that says any old stranger can cross the border and do Who knows what to Americans

the party that says the youngest Americans among us have no right to continue living and one person (the mother) has the right to murder him or her at will and "doctors" should always be allowed to be legally complicit in that murder

Get the hell outa here. You expect actually, truly sane people to listen to YOU people?

only crazies listen and even they are losing faith in your sick party

:dev2:

In the Congressional race in Colorado, I am voting for what should have been a Republican Fiscal Conservative. But because you MAGGots have a complete nightmare filling the position and claiming to be a Republican, that forced the real conservative to run as a Democrat. I voted for the nightmare before she showed what a real nightmare she really is. Now, I guess Conservatives need to run as Democrats and let the MAGGot GOP die on the vine.

By folded I mean she won't do it in the open.

You claim Trump won't testify no matter what, so why doesn't Nazi call his bluff and offer to do it in the open?

Surely you aren't full of shit, right?

He's not going to testify period. He'd be stupid to. There's no need to call his bluff. If he refuses to testify, that will be on him. What I expect is when the time comes for when he has to appear, he will stall by filing a motion with a court to challenge the subpoena. He will keep doing that until January; when it's expected Republicans will take control of tbe House, squash the committee and revoke the subpoena.

Forum List

Back