Liz Cheney: We're Not Going To Let Trump Testify In Public To The January 6 Committee

That remains to be seen.

Was thare anything in that article worth reading? The first sentence talked about the possibility of the GOP reshaping the committee into a political weapon. It already is a political weapon. What they actually mean is turn the political weapon against the people who created it.

Can you state in your own words what Politico sees as the drawback for the GOP if they turn the January 6th Committee Against whatever Democrats are still left in the next Congress?

Last time I clicked on a Politico link I started getting flooded with ads for transgender dating sites. No thanks!

The problem is that if Trump, testifies it set a precedent that effects the balance of power between the three branches of government. It may also be a matter of principal that Trump can waive if he wishes.

***snip***

The Republican has urged his associates not to cooperate with the probe and has argued that a former president has a right to keep conversations and material confidential under a legal doctrine called executive privilege.

This link describes the issues involved with executive privilege in more detail.

Trump is no longer the Executive. He can no longer invoke Executive Privilege.

Was thare anything in that article worth reading? The first sentence talked about the possibility of the GOP reshaping the committee into a political weapon. It already is a political weapon. What they actually mean is turn the political weapon against the people who created it.

Can you state in your own words what Politico sees as the drawback for the GOP if they turn the January 6th Committee Against whatever Democrats are still left in the next Congress?

Last time I clicked on a Politico link I started getting flooded with ads for transgender dating sites. No thanks!

Of course there was. They literally quoted some Republicans being against reviving such a committee.

Your PREDICTION means nothing.

Trump wants transparency, Nazi Piglosi wants secrecy. If the insists on secrecy Trump should challenge it and refuse to testify. No way he should participate in her sham.

They have zero credibility with their selective leaks of secret testimony and their BOMBSHELL witness who lied under oath.
No, Trump wants to turn his appearance into a three ring circus just like his hate rallies where he goes full retard ranting & raving like a lunatic.

Trump's keepers should inform him that appearing "live" & being the braindead jackass that he is won't go well for him.

No, Trump wants to turn his appearance into a three ring circus just like his hate rallies where he goes full retard ranting & raving like a lunatic.

Trump's keepers should inform him that appearing "live" & being the braindead jackass that he is won't go well for him.
:itsok:

Trump is no longer the Executive. He can no longer invoke Executive Privilege.

The issue will likely be decided in court, possibly the Supreme Court.

***snip***

Eggleston: Other than through litigation, I don’t really think there’s much way to get this settled. Even if Congress passed a statute, a former president could always say the statute is unconstitutional because they are the one who should be able to decide. A statute setting this all out would only tell the court how Congress thought about it. But it would still require a court to decide whether the current president or the prior president has the power to make those determinations.

Of course there was. They literally quoted some Republicans being against reviving such a committee.
"Some Republican?" Not "sources" for once? Sounds legit all right.

Whether it's Jan 6 or the Judiciary Committee, the FBI will have to answer for sending the Proud Boys as "informants" and then disregarding their information.

Trump should wait until January after the committee is disbanded.
The committee knew it's days were numbered - as least as currently constituted. Why did they not subpoena Trump at the outset, so legal issues might have been settled before the committee bites the dust?

I would love to see Trump testify in front of that kangaroo committee In public. He would likely end the political careers of many on the committee and insure his victory in the 2024 Presidential race.
And they know that.
It’s a witch hunt when it’s a one way street of testimony and question asking and answering

Lib loons like to hang their hat on the “we know what Trump will say” so they censor him from speaking
Quite the mind readers they are considering they don’t operate with a mind.

The committee knew it's days were numbered - as least as currently constituted. Why did they not subpoena Trump at the outset, so legal issues might have been settled before the committee bites the dust?
They are doing it now so it will benefit democrats in the midterm election.

The issue will likely be decided in court, possibly the Supreme Court.

***snip***

Eggleston: Other than through litigation, I don’t really think there’s much way to get this settled. Even if Congress passed a statute, a former president could always say the statute is unconstitutional because they are the one who should be able to decide. A statute setting this all out would only tell the court how Congress thought about it. But it would still require a court to decide whether the current president or the prior president has the power to make those determinations.

Holy fuck, did you not read what I posted?

The courts ALREADY decided.

You're literally posting articles that predate the court decision which speculate how the courts will address the issue; while ignoring how the courts actually ruled on the issue.

face-palm-gif.278959

"Some Republican?" Not "sources" for once? Sounds legit all right.

Whether it's Jan 6 or the Judiciary Committee, the FBI will have to answer for sending the Proud Boys as "informants" and then disregarding their information.

Nice strawman. There's no evidence the FBI sent even one informant to the Capitol on Sedition Day.

I agree with that. They should have. Seems to me they don't actually want him to testify; they only want America to see him avoid testifying.

Forum List

Back