Liz Warren Has Vested Interest In "Free" College

We have free High Schools and still manage to pay teachers

Dumbass what do you think pays teachers? Hint: Taxes
We are primarily talking about College, not Public Schools. But since you said that, if Leftist want to teach our children Leftist Politics then they should volunteer their time and not get paid.

My point is nothing is ever free. Someone is paying for it. My husband and I paid for our college and will pay for our children's but I'm not paying for anyone else

You figured that out for yourself?

So when I drive on a local “free” road, taxpayers actually paid for it
What a concept

So you are cool with allowing The Taxpayer to vote for Road Levies etc., and to Vote Down Free College Levies in their communities?
I bet you are for School Choice too.......

NOT.

I do not support ala carte Democracy

One more basic change that could make college a little cheaper for students would be to eliminate the four year plan and in its place make it a one, two, or three year plan with classes focusing on specific majors and then removing unnecessary basic classes that are unrelated to your major. Cutting the expense of paying for one to two years of classes would help in my personal opinion. It could mean the school raises tuition and other costs to offset the shorter experience and revenue which would be unfortunate but perhaps rules could be put in place by the state government to limit that.
Making college less expensive is an excellent idea and what Original Tree suggests could do so:
Then take High School and extend it to Grade 14, and sell that to The Taxpayers if you want to pay for 2 years of college for every lazy assed son of a bitch that don't want to work to pay for their own...
That would require much better results than we currently get from K-12 but could provide enough education for many to seek only some specialized post graduation education or training or in some cases, none at all. That would diminish demand for college seats and theoretically, the price. I like it but our universities would not.

One more basic change that could make college a little cheaper for students would be to eliminate the four year plan and in its place make it a one, two, or three year plan with classes focusing on specific majors and then removing unnecessary basic classes that are unrelated to your major. Cutting the expense of paying for one to two years of classes would help in my personal opinion. It could mean the school raises tuition and other costs to offset the shorter experience and revenue which would be unfortunate but perhaps rules could be put in place by the state government to limit that.
Making college less expensive is an excellent idea and what Original Tree suggests could do so:
Then take High School and extend it to Grade 14, and sell that to The Taxpayers if you want to pay for 2 years of college for every lazy assed son of a bitch that don't want to work to pay for their own...
That would require much better results than we currently get from K-12 but could provide enough education for many to seek only some specialized post graduation education or training or in some cases, none at all. That would diminish demand for college seats and theoretically, the price. I like it but our universities would not.
College Tuition Outpaces Inflation, and College has become a For Profit Business that Engages in Price Gouging and Employs Monopolistic Practices.

If The Left wants us to pay for Free College, then It's a Local Issue since it is a commodity or service we purchase. Put "Free College" on a Levy and let each community decide if they want to pay for that product for others.

Colleges need more competition NOT LESS. Open it up to High Schools competing with Local Colleges for Freshmen and Sophomore Students. K-14 is possible but only if local school districts vote for it and pay for it. I am not paying for your punk to go to college in Colorado when I live in Ohio.

Same goes for Free Healthcare for Illegal Aliens, and Guaranteed Income. If San Francisco wants that, let San Francisco vote on the Levy for it, and then pay for it. Akron Ohio doesn't want to pay for it, then it gets voted down.

Competition and Democracy is The Answer.

If San Francisco wants Free Shit for Everyone, they vote for it and pay for it, and then all The Bums, and Loafers, Scammers, and Lazy Son of a Bitches can Flock to San Francisco with their hands out and take a shit on their streets, not mine.

Last edited:
I have a college degree, two of them in fact, from a double major that culminated in two separate diplomas for mathematics and computer science.

It is or ought to be a valid preparation for high-paying employment. Not so in my case. I was blackballed from liberal academia and from the white-collar male-dominated suit-and-tie gig and "overqualified" from consideration for technical or blue-collar work.

Books, chalkboards, overhead projectors, even computers are cheap. The professors themselves are not really that well paid. Where is all that college tuition money being blown?

Free Healthcare for Illegal Aliens, and Guaranteed Income. If San Francisco wants that, let San Francisco vote on the Levy for it, … Free Shit for Everyone, they vote for it and pay for it, and then all The Bums, and Loafers, Scammers, and Lazy Son of a Bitches can Flock to San Francisco with their hands out and take a shit on their streets,

That's right. It's a party scene at college. The drugs, alcohol, and sex. The rape cops with their own independent jurisdiction on college campuses. The necessity of catering to helicopter parents. That stuff is all exorbitantly expensive and horrendous to administer.

Boomers who "lived it up" to marijuana with the Viet-Cong enemy in the Hippie days, as children of the Greatest Generation who had won WWII, brought up their children in a certain way as to despise war and victory in favor of capitulation and defeat.

High Schools offer Advance Placement classes, many of which qualify for College Credit. That could be expanded to cover Freshman and Sophomore classes

Forum List

Back