Lockdown Fans: What Is Your Endgame Plan?

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
250 million people world wide are going to be starving if we don’t get our food supply flowing like it was before the lockdown. How long do you expect to keep grandparents away from their grandkids? This is no where near as simple as you claim it to be.

7.8 billion people world wide are looking at a pandemic right now. We might want to end that first.
And only around 46.8 million of the most unhealthy people are looking at death from covid, vs the 3x that amount, 250 million, infants to elderly, are looking at starving to death. 68 million in this country alone are looking at crippling unemployment.

And that's just our country. Anyone who thinks the US economy can collapse without taking every other country with it is high as balls and hallucinating.

Bottom line is that 99.86% of the population of the United States is unaffected by the Wuhan Flu

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
250 million people world wide are going to be starving if we don’t get our food supply flowing like it was before the lockdown. How long do you expect to keep grandparents away from their grandkids? This is no where near as simple as you claim it to be.

7.8 billion people world wide are looking at a pandemic right now. We might want to end that first.
And only around 46.8 million of the most unhealthy people are looking at death from covid, vs the 3x that amount, 250 million, infants to elderly, are looking at starving to death. 68 million in this country alone are looking at crippling unemployment.

And that's just our country. Anyone who thinks the US economy can collapse without taking every other country with it is high as balls and hallucinating.

Um no. 100 years ago maybe. Now, if China collapsed...

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Anybody who thinks the economy can be fully productive when people are scared to go to work because they could get sick or die is high as balls and hallucinating.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
The parameters for relaxing restrictions may be found in both Trump Administration publications and those of the States themselves.

that group apparently does not include Fredo’s brother, the New York governor who insisted that chinese disease patients be sent to nursing homes
How many dead Americans do you think are "acceptable" losses? Give us a number.
How many bankrupt and financially destroyed Americans do you believe to be acceptable?
More than the number of dead ones.
50 million, asshole?
50 million living people can start over again. The dead cannot, nor will the families and friends ever recover from the loss. Life is more important than money motherfucker, plain and simple.
You really are an asshole.

Your gandma can die, for all I care. I won't have my life destroyed so your grandma doesn't have to isolate herself.
My grandmother died in 1995. But I refuse to see lives destroyed because your punk ass doesn't have the discipline to do what it takes to reduce the spread of the virus just so you can go down to the store and buy a bag of seeds. We don't need to be infected because of idiots like you. You right wingers are like children. I don't like this any more than you do, but I am not willing to get sick so I can go watch state u play a football game. Nor am I willing to get sick just so I can make some money. We don't have an economy if half the people are sick. And we certainly don't if people are dying. So grow up. You ain't missing nothing because you can't go sell something
You don't think lives are destroyed when people are unemployed for years, go bankrupt, lose everything they own and live on the street?

You're a colossal dumbfuck. If you don't want to be infected, then stay in your house, but don't be telling other people they can't go to work. 95% of people who get COVID-19 don't even know it, so how is half the population going to be so sick that they can't go to work? only 0.01% of the population will die because of COVID-19. I'm not exactly quacking in my boots over that.

As I was explaining to someone yesterday, it's not even just about the lives of people in the United States if the US economy collapses. Even if the pie-in-the-sky leftists are right and America will never devolve into a third-world country, what about those places that already ARE third-world countries, whose people are dependent on American charity and generosity to even survive? What the hell happens to them when we're so broke and desperate ourselves that we have nothing to give them? Or does saving THOSE lives no longer matter when the left has a new set of human shields to hide behind?
I went to Sams Club today and they had no pork and very little beef. What are the callous self centered retired old coots going to do when there's nothing to eat?
Do you even get WHY there is no pork or beef?
There's no beef or Pork because of hysterical douchebags like you.

Wrong, idiot. There is no beef or pork because of the consolidation of the meat packing industry. Hundreds of people crammed together spreading the virus to each other...and turning little towns into COVID hot spots.
we could say the same about mass transit which is so near and dear to the hearts of liberals

unfortunately for 30 plus years the left has done everything in its power to pack Americans closer and closer together

I just popped in on my lunch break to see if any lockdown proponents bothered to answer my questions, or if they all just came crowding in to scream slogans and tell us, "All I need to know is Orange Man Bad!"

So I guess that clears it up: there is no one supporting continued lockdowns who is doing so because they want to save lives. They just want a chance to attack Trump. That's it, that's all, and they haven't given a single thought to what the effects of their demands might be, because it doesn't matter to them.
You are full of bovine feces as usual. Quite a few people told you exactly when the lockdowns can end. It’s a very simple answer. TESTING.

You are full of bullshit as always. I didn't ASK, "When can lockdowns end?" I asked, "If you want the lockdowns to continue, tell me how that looks and what the plan is for that future?"

Is there ever going to be a point in your ignorant, cowardly life when you answer the question being asked instead of the question you WISH had been asked?
And the plan for the future is widespread testing. Nobody wants the lockdown to continue, but we also don't want a 2nd, more serious outbreak to overwhelm hospitals. We want people back to work and the ONLY safe way that can happen is through widespread testing. Surely you're not so much of raging bitch that doesn't permeate?

So your answer is, "We continue the lockdowns until testing"? That's it? What does that even MEAN? Does it mean we keep the whole country locked down until a test for the coronavirus is invented? Got that. Does it mean we keep the whole country locked down until antibody testing is invented? Got that. Until X number of people are tested for having it, or for having had it? What's the number? How long would that take? And what does the world look like in the meantime? And what does that actually do for us? And, most importantly, once your metric - whatever it is - is met, THEN what happens?

Surely you're not so bitter that I see you for the pretentious halfwit you are that you can't understand the questions being asked.
It’s these stupid people who don’t know wtf they’re talking about, that demand government preform a show for them, so they can “feel” safer. They don’t understand the limits of testing. They don’t understand what happens when one size fits all changes from “up top” get placed onto highly complicated and immensely intertwined systems. And they don’t understand that what they stupidly deem “unnecessary” is part of an incredibly complex and intertwined system that they rely upon, and the ones who feel the hurt from that disruption of the system are the MOST needy among us.

Essentially all we needed to do here was stop all visitation to nursing homes, and step up PPE and sanitation procedures at nursing homes. Not that that would’ve have prevented all death, but it would’ve been by far the most effective way to do so. I was a person ringing the bell on this loudly a month before many of these twats took covid seriously. I’m an RN at very large hospital. We’re just a couple of hours outside of NYC. I’m seeing what’s happening on the ground in real time. It is not as bad as we thought. The people we see getting rocked by covid are almost all 80 year old diabetics, with congestive heart failure or something else of the sort going. I’m probably more jaded to death in the elderly than most, but I’m just looking at this whole situation in its entirety.

Anybody who thinks the economy can be fully productive when people are scared to go to work because they could get sick or die is high as balls and hallucinating.
Better to be afraid of the chinese disease without cause than to die of starvation in lib nirvana

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
I for one believe we can't continue the lock downs at the current level till the virus is no longer a problem, which most probably will take about 2 years to resolve. However IMHO, a number of states are moving too fast. We need to move slowly, beginning with opening outdoor activities that do not involve a lot of people such as golfing, tennis, opening up state parks, fishing, and hunting. On the business side, construction, car washes, retail that delivers to the door, one and two chair barber shops and hair salons, etc. After a month or so, begin opening restaurants and bars, small retail stores, and eventually moving on to the larges stores. Possible schools and large sporting events and concerts in the fall. However, all activities that open up should have strict guidelines.

I agree. Also, I think the plans need to be tailored to the location. Arizona, for example, is not only not having the problem with Covid-19 that other places have, but we're also experiencing temperatures well over 100 degrees already this year. More people going outside into the hot sunshine would actually be beneficial over huddling indoors, breathing recycled AC air in close quarters with other people.

The parameters for relaxing restrictions may be found in both Trump Administration publications and those of the States themselves.

Thank you, but I didn't ask what Trump and the governors are actually doing. I asked what those who disagree with reopening WANT us to do, and how it would work.

I just popped in on my lunch break to see if any lockdown proponents bothered to answer my questions, or if they all just came crowding in to scream slogans and tell us, "All I need to know is Orange Man Bad!"

So I guess that clears it up: there is no one supporting continued lockdowns who is doing so because they want to save lives. They just want a chance to attack Trump. That's it, that's all, and they haven't given a single thought to what the effects of their demands might be, because it doesn't matter to them.
You are full of bovine feces as usual. Quite a few people told you exactly when the lockdowns can end. It’s a very simple answer. TESTING.

You are full of bullshit as always. I didn't ASK, "When can lockdowns end?" I asked, "If you want the lockdowns to continue, tell me how that looks and what the plan is for that future?"

Is there ever going to be a point in your ignorant, cowardly life when you answer the question being asked instead of the question you WISH had been asked?
And the plan for the future is widespread testing. Nobody wants the lockdown to continue, but we also don't want a 2nd, more serious outbreak to overwhelm hospitals. We want people back to work and the ONLY safe way that can happen is through widespread testing. Surely you're not so much of raging bitch that doesn't permeate?
Nobody wants the lockdown to continue, but we also don't want a 2nd, more serious outbreak to overwhelm hospitals.
more lefty fear mongering

Kung Flu II will be less serious because so many of the weakest targets have already died and only the strong remain

Um no. 100 years ago maybe. Now, if China collapsed...
Huwhat? Do you know how much China relies upon our money? We’re by far their largest importer. It’s not even close. It’s like saying a country club would be fine if it got rid of its golf course and relied only upon its restaurant and tennis courts to bring in the dough.

So your answer is, "We continue the lockdowns until testing"? That's it? What does that even MEAN? Does it mean we keep the whole country locked down until a test for the coronavirus is invented? Got that. Does it mean we keep the whole country locked down until antibody testing is invented? Got that. Until X number of people are tested for having it, or for having had it? What's the number? How long would that take? And what does the world look like in the meantime? And what does that actually do for us? And, most importantly, once your metric - whatever it is - is met, THEN what happens?

Surely you're not so bitter that I see you for the pretentious halfwit you are that you can't understand the questions being asked.
It’s these stupid people who don’t know wtf they’re talking about, that demand government preform a show for them, so they can “feel” safer. They don’t understand the limits of testing. They don’t understand what happens when one size fits all changes from “up top” get placed onto highly complicated and immensely intertwined systems. And they don’t understand that what they stupidly deem “unnecessary” is part of an incredibly complex and intertwined system that they rely upon, and the ones who feel the hurt from that disruption of the system are the MOST needy among us.

Essentially all we needed to do here was stop all visitation to nursing homes, and step up PPE and sanitation procedures at nursing homes. Not that that would’ve have prevented all death, but it would’ve been by far the most effective way to do so. I was a person ringing the bell on this loudly a month before many of these twats took covid seriously. I’m an RN at very large hospital. We’re just a couple of hours outside of NYC. I’m seeing what’s happening on the ground in real time. It is not as bad as we thought. The people we see getting rocked by covid are almost all 80 year old diabetics, with congestive heart failure or something else of the sort going. I’m probably more jaded to death in the elderly than most, but I’m just looking at this whole situation in its entirety.

Politicians never let a good disaster go to waste.
That aside, people still don't want to see their elderly relatives die.
I agree re old folks' homes.

I think you have that backwards.
Most of the wealth we spend in the US comes from other countries.
There are very few countries that gain from sales to the US, like Japan is able to sell us cars, China sells us cheap tools, and Sweden sells us furniture.
Other than that, the US profits from our offshore investments, the the proceeds go to the US.

• Thanks

Nobody wants the lockdown to continue, but we also don't want a 2nd, more serious outbreak to overwhelm hospitals.
more lefty fear mongering

Kung Flu II will be less serious because so many of the weakest targets have already died and only the strong remain
Probably not so much that, but with how covid strains usually mutate.

The pat answer. How many people do you want to test before you consider it safe? How often do you want to repeat the tests? How long is your Tested Safe good for?
Now once tested do you get chipped or carry an ID card?
What to you do with the people who test positive? Lock them away there and then?
TESTING is not the end all be all solution.

A vaccination is. That aside, let's not do testing! Let it run it's course. While we're at it, why bother trying to do anything about any disease! Woo hoo...
So you are not even going to try to answer my questions about testing

Because you're going down the strawman road of being chipped and all that other shit. Here's something you might not be aware of. There are many deadly diseases that we are vaccinated against. Has been going on for decades. No one is chipped when they have vaccinations.
Yes and those vaccination are not a problem. Those did not have any Bill Gates involvement and t he who wanted people to be chipped to prove they were inoculated. Gates and Fauci want people to be identified at to who has been vaccinated and who has't. Plus they want them to be mandatory

Huwhat? Do you know how much China relies upon our money? We’re by far their largest importer. It’s not even close. It’s like saying a country club would be fine if it got rid of its golf course and relied only upon its restaurant and tennis courts to bring in the dough.

they said the same during the GFC. we hardly felt a ripple down here from the US...

• Thanks
MY plan would have been for Every One to work together, follow the rules provided by the medical profession from the start, Business to have been leaders, not waited till their employees started to die be for starting to get screens & masks. factories clean up their working conditions. only pay attention to the science people,(with a grain of salt) if their political side start showing up. Government move your fat butts get the supply's rolling day one. maybe we would not be in this sad place now.

• Thanks

No one is saying that people will be forced to go out.
What Im saying is let the businesses open and let the people decide if they want to venture out or not That should not be the government's decision as to who is open and who is not.

Forum List

Back