Lockdown Fans: What Is Your Endgame Plan?

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
250 million people world wide are going to be starving if we don’t get our food supply flowing like it was before the lockdown. How long do you expect to keep grandparents away from their grandkids? This is no where near as simple as you claim it to be.

7.8 billion people world wide are looking at a pandemic right now. We might want to end that first.
And only around 46.8 million of the most unhealthy people are looking at death from covid, vs the 3x that amount, 250 million, infants to elderly, are looking at starving to death. 68 million in this country alone are looking at crippling unemployment.

And that's just our country. Anyone who thinks the US economy can collapse without taking every other country with it is high as balls and hallucinating.
Anybody who thinks the economy can be fully productive when people are scared to go to work because they could get sick or die is high as balls and hallucinating.

That is silly.
When only 70k out of 330 million have died, that only 0.021%.
That means only 2 out of every 10,000 people have died.
No one would be scared about going to work if they were not constantly be lied to and facing hysterical propaganda.

And the culprit is obvious.
When a vaccine is available, think about the profits from selling 330 million anxious customers, a vaccine at $100 a shot?

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
The parameters for relaxing restrictions may be found in both Trump Administration publications and those of the States themselves.

Since the ONLY reason for any lock down was to prevent hospital flooding, there no longer is ANY reason at all for any lock down.
The fastest way to end and ensure the least deaths is to end any lock down and gain herd immunity as quickly as possible.
The more you slow down the infection rate, the more total deaths you end up with.

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
so dont go to the grocery store or the gas station hypocrite ! maybe the power and water companies need to shut down dont their lives and their families matter ?

I just popped in on my lunch break to see if any lockdown proponents bothered to answer my questions, or if they all just came crowding in to scream slogans and tell us, "All I need to know is Orange Man Bad!"

So I guess that clears it up: there is no one supporting continued lockdowns who is doing so because they want to save lives. They just want a chance to attack Trump. That's it, that's all, and they haven't given a single thought to what the effects of their demands might be, because it doesn't matter to them.
You are full of bovine feces as usual. Quite a few people told you exactly when the lockdowns can end. It’s a very simple answer. TESTING.

You are full of bullshit as always. I didn't ASK, "When can lockdowns end?" I asked, "If you want the lockdowns to continue, tell me how that looks and what the plan is for that future?"

Is there ever going to be a point in your ignorant, cowardly life when you answer the question being asked instead of the question you WISH had been asked?
And the plan for the future is widespread testing. Nobody wants the lockdown to continue, but we also don't want a 2nd, more serious outbreak to overwhelm hospitals. We want people back to work and the ONLY safe way that can happen is through widespread testing. Surely you're not so much of raging bitch that doesn't permeate?
Nobody wants the lockdown to continue, but we also don't want a 2nd, more serious outbreak to overwhelm hospitals.
more lefty fear mongering

Kung Flu II will be less serious because so many of the weakest targets have already died and only the strong remain
Probably not so much that, but with how covid strains usually mutate.

Hybrid is a better description of what they do.
Mutations are very rare and usually destructive.
But if 2 different viruses happen to infect the same cell, they combine to form something that is a "novel" hybrid.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.
Hey dumbshit: South Korea Reports No New Domestic Coronavirus Cases

Unlike Trump, South Korea took this disease seriously from the beginning, and began a massive testing program while Trump went golfing and held rallies for six weeks and called this all a hoax.
we have tested far far more than any country on earth idiot !

I just popped in on my lunch break to see if any lockdown proponents bothered to answer my questions, or if they all just came crowding in to scream slogans and tell us, "All I need to know is Orange Man Bad!"

So I guess that clears it up: there is no one supporting continued lockdowns who is doing so because they want to save lives. They just want a chance to attack Trump. That's it, that's all, and they haven't given a single thought to what the effects of their demands might be, because it doesn't matter to them.
You are full of bovine feces as usual. Quite a few people told you exactly when the lockdowns can end. It’s a very simple answer. TESTING.

You are full of bullshit as always. I didn't ASK, "When can lockdowns end?" I asked, "If you want the lockdowns to continue, tell me how that looks and what the plan is for that future?"

Is there ever going to be a point in your ignorant, cowardly life when you answer the question being asked instead of the question you WISH had been asked?
And the plan for the future is widespread testing. Nobody wants the lockdown to continue, but we also don't want a 2nd, more serious outbreak to overwhelm hospitals. We want people back to work and the ONLY safe way that can happen is through widespread testing. Surely you're not so much of raging bitch that doesn't permeate?

So your answer is, "We continue the lockdowns until testing"? That's it? What does that even MEAN? Does it mean we keep the whole country locked down until a test for the coronavirus is invented? Got that. Does it mean we keep the whole country locked down until antibody testing is invented? Got that. Until X number of people are tested for having it, or for having had it? What's the number? How long would that take? And what does the world look like in the meantime? And what does that actually do for us? And, most importantly, once your metric - whatever it is - is met, THEN what happens?

Surely you're not so bitter that I see you for the pretentious halfwit you are that you can't understand the questions being asked.
It’s these stupid people who don’t know wtf they’re talking about, that demand government preform a show for them, so they can “feel” safer. They don’t understand the limits of testing. They don’t understand what happens when one size fits all changes from “up top” get placed onto highly complicated and immensely intertwined systems. And they don’t understand that what they stupidly deem “unnecessary” is part of an incredibly complex and intertwined system that they rely upon, and the ones who feel the hurt from that disruption of the system are the MOST needy among us.

Essentially all we needed to do here was stop all visitation to nursing homes, and step up PPE and sanitation procedures at nursing homes. Not that that would’ve have prevented all death, but it would’ve been by far the most effective way to do so. I was a person ringing the bell on this loudly a month before many of these twats took covid seriously. I’m an RN at very large hospital. We’re just a couple of hours outside of NYC. I’m seeing what’s happening on the ground in real time. It is not as bad as we thought. The people we see getting rocked by covid are almost all 80 year old diabetics, with congestive heart failure or something else of the sort going. I’m probably more jaded to death in the elderly than most, but I’m just looking at this whole situation in its entirety.

Politicians never let a good disaster go to waste.
That aside, people still don't want to see their elderly relatives die.
I agree re old folks' homes.
I get that. But I’m at the stage in life where many of my friends grandparents are starting to die. Some deterioration in health happens to them, and they ask me my opinion. I honestly tell them if it isn’t good, and about how long they have to live. When I hear about the people getting rocked or dying from this, it’s usually people I’d only give 6 or so months to live. There’s extremely rare cases of middle aged people having really bad reactions. But they’re effectively statistical anomalies. Sad stories yes. It’s like cutting down all coconut trees because one fell on and killed an instagram ass model during a live feed and became a big news story.

People don’t understand the types of cascades in deteriorating health that happen. A 78 year old diabetic breaks his hip because he has neuropathy in his feet and trips over something. He’s immobile for months after surgery. His cardiovascular health goes down because of that, and his hardened diabetic arteries explode during a heart attack. Dead. Or, after hip surgery, he gets an infection and because he has diabetes, his body doesn’t fight off the infection normally and he gets sepsis. Dead. Or, he has the surgery, is immobile, clots form in his legs, dislodge, he’s dead. Basically what I’m saying is that Covid is kind of the domino piece for people with a shit ton of other domino pieces ready to fall, instead of his hip breaking it’s covid.

250 million people world wide are going to be starving if we don’t get our food supply flowing like it was before the lockdown. How long do you expect to keep grandparents away from their grandkids? This is no where near as simple as you claim it to be.

7.8 billion people world wide are looking at a pandemic right now. We might want to end that first.
And only around 46.8 million of the most unhealthy people are looking at death from covid, vs the 3x that amount, 250 million, infants to elderly, are looking at starving to death. 68 million in this country alone are looking at crippling unemployment.

And that's just our country. Anyone who thinks the US economy can collapse without taking every other country with it is high as balls and hallucinating.
Anybody who thinks the economy can be fully productive when people are scared to go to work because they could get sick or die is high as balls and hallucinating.
Better to be afraid of the chinese disease without cause than to die of starvation in lib nirvana
No one is going to die of starvation. But when a person is ignorantly calling a virus the Chinese disease, there is no reason coming from that persons mind.

No one is a "lockdown fan". Everyone wants to get back to normal activities. Why is the Right wing the short-sighted and the knuckle dragging Trumpians trying so hard to make health and safety a wedge issue? Whose advise is more prudent during a pandemic: economists or epidemiologists? Science must dictate the wisdom.
No one is a "lockdown fan".

Exactly.

Yes and those vaccination are not a problem. Those did not have any Bill Gates involvement and t he who wanted people to be chipped to prove they were inoculated. Gates and Fauci want people to be identified at to who has been vaccinated and who has't. Plus they want them to be mandatory

Y'know Desperado, this is why I have such a hard time trying to respect those on the right. Fox News and all the other right-wing talking heads - Hannity/Beck/Jones/Limbugh literally lie to get ratings, which get advertisers, which gets them rich. C'mon man. Don't be one of those.

IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.

There's a reason I have him on ignore, and it IS because he's never, ever had anything to say which even the most generous person could pretend was of value.

Funny you should say that. It’s how I feel about your posts.

Yesterday all of Canada crossed a threshold. We now have more Closed Cases than active cases. Ontario has 3 times the number of closed cases to active cases but the rest of Canada lags behind.

Ontario just opened construction sites this week. Schools remain closed until June 4th. Other than essential services, this is the first opening.

Premier Ford assures us we’ll be outside enjoying beer on Victoria Day weekend. That’s overly optimistic but we’re starting the process.

Our economy isn’t collapsing and other than conservatives in Alberta, no one is demonstrating. Our country is getting ready to reopen.

With 950,000 active cases versus 240,000 the USA is simply ensuring an even worse disaster by reopening.

Better to be afraid of the chinese disease without cause than to die of starvation in lib nirvana
No one is going to die of starvation. But when a person is ignorantly calling a virus the Chinese disease, there is no reason coming from that persons mind.
Yes people are going to die from starvation. Probably not in America because we are blessed, but around the world, hell yeah. Especially in Northern Africa where out of control locust swarms have decimated their farms. They were relying on other countries for aid, but everyone’s food production is dropping.

For those who cried their eyes out over "death panels" eleven years ago I would a mandate lockdowns continue until a proven Covid-19 antiviral is available. For all others I'd go with historic practices conducted during the swine flu virus. Things like instructing doctors to perform test of virus with patients showing symptoms, identifying and warning groups at risk, advising folks of appropriate precaution they may choose to take, mandating the shut down of schools for 14 days upon a student coming down with the disease, etc.

Whatta fucking retard.
The blob said it was going to disappear like a miracle. Don’t you believe your lord and master!

So your plan is to whine and bitch about one sentence months ago and to call Trump childish names? That's your whole fucking plan for dealing with coronavirus?

Just pointing out how batshit crazy your lord and master is.

For those of you saying the country will go bankrupt in a month or two if this continues. Any evidence to back that up? I’m pretty sure the economy would survive if we weathered the storm a bit longer.

Like most issues this is not black and white, it’s up to experts like doctor Fauci to find that gray area. We have made some progress with the mitigation efforts. We just need more. None of us are infectious disease experts, so I don’t think anyone of us are qualified enough to put together a sensible plan. To some degree both sides of this argument are arguing out of emotion. Sometimes you have to put your trust in those of us that are more experienced and wiser. I trust our experts have put in place a plan that preserves life to the best of their abilities and I’m willing to see that plan through. People like Fauci and Brix aren’t trying to destroy the country

Excuse me, but if you want to have a discussion about, "Well, what makes you think shutting down the economy will cause bankruptcy", go start your own thread about it, asshole. This is MY thread, and it's about answering MY questions, and trying to derail it by making it about "I only demand answers, I don't give them" will just be seen as "I have no plan, I just want to attack Trump!"

Is that, in fact, your answer?
Some friends of mine just closed their Mexican restaurant.

Anyone who doesn't see that spending vast amounts of money over and above the regular overspent budget while taking in virtually no tax revenue because no one is generating any tax revenue will lead to bankruptcy for the nation is a financial moron. Anyone who doesn't see that people who aren't earning an income will eventually go individually bankrupt is a SERIOUS financial moron who should be locked up for his own safety in a padded cell.

Nevertheless, Rocko wants to take over my thread and make it all about him playing Torquemada with everyone else so he doesn't have to answer questions himself, and it ain't gonna happen.
Your blob signed off on every penny. And you are prepared to vote for him again. It makes no sense.

Whatta fucking retard.
The blob said it was going to disappear like a miracle. Don’t you believe your lord and master!

So your plan is to whine and bitch about one sentence months ago and to call Trump childish names? That's your whole fucking plan for dealing with coronavirus?

Don't make me come back in here and whoop your candy ass... again.

What I actually did say, you idiot, was that we should listen to the experts.
Okay, here are the experts:

Now, if we listen to the "experts," we would be locked down until at least 2024.

So, yes, you actually did say that.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science.... I seem to have missed the part about them saying "lockdown until 2024". You can find it for me like a good little doggie and fetch or not. Either way...you can't quote me stating any such thing. Why is it you can't tell the truth...ever?

Why is it you can't stay on topic . . . ever?

Still waiting for you to actually address the OP questions.
I did.

we should trust the science.

try reading you grotesque bitch.

Whatta fucking retard.

Don't make me come back in here and whoop your candy ass... again.

What are you going to do? Huh? oh, I know, misquote me some more. It’s your only act.

What I actually did say, you idiot, was that we should listen to the experts.
Okay, here are the experts:

Now, if we listen to the "experts," we would be locked down until at least 2024.

So, yes, you actually did say that.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science.... I seem to have missed the part about them saying "lockdown until 2024". You can find it for me like a good little doggie and fetch or not. Either way...you can't quote me stating any such thing. Why is it you can't tell the truth...ever?

Why is it you can't stay on topic . . . ever?

Still waiting for you to actually address the OP questions.
I did.

we should trust the science.

try reading you grotesque bitch.
There's no science undergirding the course of action you want to follow, you puerile pinhead.

Forum List

Back