Lockdown Fans: What Is Your Endgame Plan?

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.
The blob said it was going to disappear like a miracle. Don’t you believe your lord and master!

So your plan is to whine and bitch about one sentence months ago and to call Trump childish names? That's your whole fucking plan for dealing with coronavirus?

Wrong.

No one ‘wants’ the health and safety guidelines to continue.

The thread premise is a lie and fails as fallacy as a consequence.

Where in the OP did Cecilie1200 say that? Or did you even read the post?

Just like you to accuse someone of saying something they didn't say.

Stop trying to sound smart. Because you aren't. You are full of mendacity.

There's a reason why I've had him on ignore for over two years now . . . and you just identified it. His answer to any question is always to deflect off onto, "This one word in your question is not quite what I want to hear, and therefore we must now talk about how offended I am by that word until the entire discussion has been derailed!"

For those of you saying the country will go bankrupt in a month or two if this continues. Any evidence to back that up? I’m pretty sure the economy would survive if we weathered the storm a bit longer.

Like most issues this is not black and white, it’s up to experts like doctor Fauci to find that gray area. We have made some progress with the mitigation efforts. We just need more. None of us are infectious disease experts, so I don’t think anyone of us are qualified enough to put together a sensible plan. To some degree both sides of this argument are arguing out of emotion. Sometimes you have to put your trust in those of us that are more experienced and wiser. I trust our experts have put in place a plan that preserves life to the best of their abilities and I’m willing to see that plan through. People like Fauci and Brix aren’t trying to destroy the country

Excuse me, but if you want to have a discussion about, "Well, what makes you think shutting down the economy will cause bankruptcy", go start your own thread about it, asshole. This is MY thread, and it's about answering MY questions, and trying to derail it by making it about "I only demand answers, I don't give them" will just be seen as "I have no plan, I just want to attack Trump!"

Is that, in fact, your answer?

Problem, for the parts of the country that have lower populations AND with strong rules in place, every week have seen more people wearing face coverings, gloves, staying farther apart.
after the opening up may 1st, to many people read this as its over, all is ok, and the party is on, have no way of knowing how it will go, and those sticking to the rules may help it stay down, what I am seeing though is full tilt open. two weeks should give us an idea. stay safe as you can.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?

IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.
The blob said it was going to disappear like a miracle. Don’t you believe your lord and master!

Your lords and masters are saying it will continue on for an indefinite period of time!

Thanks for showing us how much of a shill you are.

I can quote your blob stating there would be a miracle. Can you quote anyone saying this won't end? I didn't think so.

I can quote the OP telling you what this thread was about, since it wasn't about "Tell us some more about hating Trump".

Just let me know how many times you need the fucking questions repeated so that your tiny peabrain finally comprehends them, Cornball.

Whatta fucking retard.

Your lords and masters are saying it will continue on for an indefinite period of time!

I can quote your blob stating there would be a miracle. Can you quote anyone saying this won't end? I didn't think so.
Easy question:

What should the status of the pandemic be when we open America up again?

"No more new cases" you say?

That's 2023 at the earliest. So, for people with deteriorating financial health, forever.

I thought as much.

Thank you. I hate starting a thread to address a specific topic, and shitstains like Cornball try to take it over to shout the same empty, dumbass slogans they shout in every single post on every single thread, without fail.

Whatta fucking retard.

Easy question:

What should the status of the pandemic be when we open America up again?

"No more new cases" you say?

Think 2023 at the earliest.

I thought as much.

I said that? Quote me please.

What I actually did say, you idiot, was that we should listen to the experts.

What you didn't say, but should have, was your answer to the OP questions.

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
that group apparently does not include Fredo’s brother, the New York governor who insisted that chinese disease patients be sent to nursing homes
How many dead Americans do you think are "acceptable" losses? Give us a number.
How many bankrupt and financially destroyed Americans do you believe to be acceptable?
More than the number of dead ones.
50 million, asshole?
50 million living people can start over again. The dead cannot, nor will the families and friends ever recover from the loss. Life is more important than money motherfucker, plain and simple.
You really are an asshole.

Your gandma can die, for all I care. I won't have my life destroyed so your grandma doesn't have to isolate herself.
My grandmother died in 1995. But I refuse to see lives destroyed because your punk ass doesn't have the discipline to do what it takes to reduce the spread of the virus just so you can go down to the store and buy a bag of seeds. We don't need to be infected because of idiots like you. You right wingers are like children. I don't like this any more than you do, but I am not willing to get sick so I can go watch state u play a football game. Nor am I willing to get sick just so I can make some money. We don't have an economy if half the people are sick. And we certainly don't if people are dying. So grow up. You ain't missing nothing because you can't go sell something
You don't think lives are destroyed when people are unemployed for years, go bankrupt, lose everything they own and live on the street?

You're a colossal dumbfuck. If you don't want to be infected, then stay in your house, but don't be telling other people they can't go to work. 95% of people who get COVID-19 don't even know it, so how is half the population going to be so sick that they can't go to work? only 0.01% of the population will die because of COVID-19. I'm not exactly quacking in my boots over that.

As I was explaining to someone yesterday, it's not even just about the lives of people in the United States if the US economy collapses. Even if the pie-in-the-sky leftists are right and America will never devolve into a third-world country, what about those places that already ARE third-world countries, whose people are dependent on American charity and generosity to even survive? What the hell happens to them when we're so broke and desperate ourselves that we have nothing to give them? Or does saving THOSE lives no longer matter when the left has a new set of human shields to hide behind?
I went to Sams Club today and they had no pork and very little beef. What are the callous self centered retired old coots going to do when there's nothing to eat?
Do you even get WHY there is no pork or beef?

What I don't get is why you're not answering my questions.

This is yet another tedious, inane thread with conservatives whining about the health and safety guidelines for purely partisan reasons, frightened that Republicans will lose the WH and Senate this November.
STFUdonnyjpg.jpg

Problem, for the parts of the country that have lower populations AND with strong rules in place, every week have seen more people wearing face coverings, gloves, staying farther apart.
after the opening up may 1st, to many people read this as its over, all is ok, and the party is on, have no way of knowing how it will go, and those sticking to the rules may help it stay down, what I am seeing though is full tilt open. two weeks should give us an idea. stay safe as you can.

Funny how that doesn't look like it answers, or even remotely addresses, my questions.

For those of you saying the country will go bankrupt in a month or two if this continues. Any evidence to back that up? I’m pretty sure the economy would survive if we weathered the storm a bit longer.

Like most issues this is not black and white, it’s up to experts like doctor Fauci to find that gray area. We have made some progress with the mitigation efforts. We just need more. None of us are infectious disease experts, so I don’t think anyone of us are qualified enough to put together a sensible plan. To some degree both sides of this argument are arguing out of emotion. Sometimes you have to put your trust in those of us that are more experienced and wiser. I trust our experts have put in place a plan that preserves life to the best of their abilities and I’m willing to see that plan through. People like Fauci and Brix aren’t trying to destroy the country

Excuse me, but if you want to have a discussion about, "Well, what makes you think shutting down the economy will cause bankruptcy", go start your own thread about it, asshole. This is MY thread, and it's about answering MY questions, and trying to derail it by making it about "I only demand answers, I don't give them" will just be seen as "I have no plan, I just want to attack Trump!"

Some friends of mine just closed their Mexican restaurant.

What I actually did say, you idiot, was that we should listen to the experts.
Okay, here are the experts:

Now, if we listen to the "experts," we would be locked down until at least 2024.

So, yes, you actually did say that.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science.... I seem to have missed the part about them saying "lockdown until 2024". You can find it for me like a good little doggie and fetch or not. Either way...you can't quote me stating any such thing. Why is it you can't tell the truth...ever?

Why is it you can't stay on topic . . . ever?

Still waiting for you to actually address the OP questions.

From the link I just posted:

South Korea, which waged an early battle against COVID-19 after the disease emerged from China, said on Thursday that it had no new domestic cases for the first time since a surge nearly 10 weeks ago.

The country experienced its first case on Jan. 20, but didn't see infections ramp up until mid-February. They peaked on Feb. 29 with 909 daily cases and have been trending down ever since.

Of course, who could ever deny that NPR is biased in their reporting and tell the truth?

Some friends of mine just closed their Mexican restaurant.

Anyone who doesn't see that spending vast amounts of money over and above the regular overspent budget while taking in virtually no tax revenue because no one is generating any tax revenue will lead to bankruptcy for the nation is a financial moron. Anyone who doesn't see that people who aren't earning an income will eventually go individually bankrupt is a SERIOUS financial moron who should be locked up for his own safety in a padded cell.

Nevertheless, Rocko wants to take over my thread and make it all about him playing Torquemada with everyone else so he doesn't have to answer questions himself, and it ain't gonna happen.

You just ignored the part where I answered you question. You just didn’t like the answer. I added in a question, which is related to the discussion, and you didn’t like the question, so now all of a sudden I’m an asshole. And BTW there are a lot of heartless bastards on this board that don’t give a second thought to the health of others in the community around them. We’re seeing it in this thread with responses like I don’t give a fuck about your grandma. Those people are the assholes, not someone who happens to disagree with you that we should trust the experts we have.

IF the lockdown was ordered by an E.O. of President Trump near the end of Februrary, and closed our airports and sea ports we would not be in the mess we are today. Too many mixed messages from the White House contributed to the number of infections and the number of deaths now, and those who will add to it when you have read this post.

Do you know what a food bank is? You don't have them stateside?
If somebody is too proud to go to a foodbank or Salvation Army or local church to get a meal, that's on them. If they want to starve, that's on them.

When the economy has crashed so hard that even those who still have money for it can't buy food, how much do you think the food banks will get?
These pro-shutown people are mentally retarded. They think money can buy things that haven't been produced.
Just wait until food is rationed. You are starting to see it now with meat.

I just popped in on my lunch break to see if any lockdown proponents bothered to answer my questions, or if they all just came crowding in to scream slogans and tell us, "All I need to know is Orange Man Bad!"

So I guess that clears it up: there is no one supporting continued lockdowns who is doing so because they want to save lives. They just want a chance to attack Trump. That's it, that's all, and they haven't given a single thought to what the effects of their demands might be, because it doesn't matter to them.
You are full of bovine feces as usual. Quite a few people told you exactly when the lockdowns can end. It’s a very simple answer. TESTING.

You are full of bullshit as always. I didn't ASK, "When can lockdowns end?" I asked, "If you want the lockdowns to continue, tell me how that looks and what the plan is for that future?"

Is there ever going to be a point in your ignorant, cowardly life when you answer the question being asked instead of the question you WISH had been asked?

IF the lockdown was ordered by an E.O. of President Trump near the end of Februrary, and closed our airports and sea ports we would not be in the mess we are today. Too many mixed messages from the White House contributed to the number of infections and the number of deaths now, and those who will add to it when you have read this post.

IF the question had been, "Do tell me more about how you blame everything on Trump", this would not be quite as big a waste of space as your posts normally are. But that wasn't the question, so this post IS every bit a big a waste of space as you always are.

Let me know when you strap on a pair and decide to answer the fucking question.

Forum List

Back