Lockdowns Did Not Work

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

He’s saying you have an equal chance in a locked down state as with a free state
You will get this virus wherever you are. The whole point of locking down was to slow how fast it spread so that our hospitals were not overwhelmed with a massive influx. IT WORKED. Once we hit about 25% of the populace that has had and recovered from this virus we can slowly open up until it reaches around 40-50%. At that point you can open it totally up and run. The lock down served it purpose, now we have to slowly return to normal as people continue to get and recover from this virus.
We might see some reduction in new cases at 25% but to stop the spread of the virus we will need an immunity of a majority of the population. However, most of what we are calling information is nothing educated guesses. We don't know how long immunity lasts. It could be as short as a few months or it could be a lifetime. We don't know what percent of the population being immune we stop the virus. We don't know of any effective treatment for Covid 19; that is unless you consider the Trump treatment, injecting yourself with disinfectants.

In the US, achieving herd immunity would cost the lives of millions of people.

giphy.gif

You've clearly bought into the fearmongering and lies from the crooks behind this who are using it as a pretext for numerous agendas.
Do the math. For herd immunity, 7 to 9 million deaths with no undiscovered case and 3.5 to 4.5 million with 50% of the population asymptomatic. So yes herd immunity could certainly cost us millions of lives. In just 8 weeks we had 50,000 deaths and the country has been shutdown over half that time.

You disagree that isolation causes depression, drug abuse and alcoholism? You don’t think isolation and loss of business is damaging? That damages those who are and are not impacted by COVID, which mostly impacts those who are elderly and or unhealthy. We never did that study but just locked us all in.

The problem is Azog, your God is the almighty dollar. Some of us just aren't into it as much as you. shrug...

gold_star_winner_flexible_magnet-rbaaf5c42e240442a81b1769246992ed3_ambom_8byvr_200.jpg

In the US, achieving herd immunity would cost the lives of millions of people.

giphy.gif

You've clearly bought into the fearmongering and lies from the crooks behind this who are using it as a pretext for numerous agendas.
Do the math. For herd immunity, 7 to 9 million deaths with no undiscovered case and 3.5 to 4.5 million with 50% of the population asymptomatic. So yes herd immunity could certainly cost us millions of lives. In just 8 weeks we had 50,000 deaths and the country has been shutdown over half that time.
7-9 million deaths? You are making a lot of assumptions.

You disagree that isolation causes depression, drug abuse and alcoholism? You don’t think isolation and loss of business is damaging? That damages those who are and are not impacted by COVID, which mostly impacts those who are elderly and or unhealthy. We never did that study but just locked us all in.

The problem is Azog, your God is the almighty dollar. Some of us just aren't into it as much as you. shrug...
Nope. It’s freedom!

Sincere question for my friend AtD:

Q: What is "Freedom" without health?
A: Precarious at best

Would you disagree?

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

He’s saying you have an equal chance in a locked down state as with a free state
You will get this virus wherever you are. The whole point of locking down was to slow how fast it spread so that our hospitals were not overwhelmed with a massive influx. IT WORKED. Once we hit about 25% of the populace that has had and recovered from this virus we can slowly open up until it reaches around 40-50%. At that point you can open it totally up and run. The lock down served it purpose, now we have to slowly return to normal as people continue to get and recover from this virus.
Exactly.

Sheltering in home was not supposed to prevent you from ever getting the virus, was not supposed to do anything to control the virus, it was simply and only to reduce the initial impact we were going to have on hospitals and health care workers so that they were not overwhelmed.

Now we begin Phase 2, which is observing mitigation practices and get on with our lives.

Obviously if you are in the age group suseptible to this virus, and or you have these comorbidities, then you're going to have to be extra careful.

But the average American can observe mitigation practices and go about their lives until we find a vaccine.

Either we do this, or we destroy our nation from within.

SOOO .. Does "Getting on with our lives" mean going to salons, tattoo & massage parlors & restaurants at present?
Like SERIOUS?
Even your Donald told his puppet Govs in Texas, Florida and South Dakota NOT to do that!
You suffer from Corona idiocy

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?
That is up to those who choose to take that risk. COVID-19 impacts a tiny percentage severely. I do not believe I should be under the same restriction as someone who is less healthy.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?
That is up to those who choose to take that risk. COVID-19 impacts a tiny percentage severely. I do not believe I should be under the same restriction as someone who is less healthy.

I just tested positive for antibodies AtD. IOW I HAD it somewhere around mid January shortly after returning from Hawaii and the morning of another Vacay to San Diego mid-January which I cancelled the morning of. You should know what I hope that YOUR health pros SHOULD be telling you:

We do not yet know yet whether antibodies mean that you're safe and that it won't come around to bite you again in the Fall.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

I just tested positive for antibodies AtD. IOW I HAD it somewhere around mid January shortly after returning from Hawaii and the morning of another Vacay to San Diego mid-January which I cancelled the morning of. You should know what I hope that YOUR health pros SHOULD be telling you:

We do not yet know yet whether antibodies mean that you're safe and that it won't come around to bite you again in the Fall.
That should be my choice, not the choice of some scientists who seem to be more or less guessing.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

That should be my choice, not the choice of some scientists who seem to be more or less guessing.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

lol... coward closed off his profile.

Screenshot_2020-04-24 Reactions received(1).png

i'm still gonna get 'er done.... & you'll still see 'em.

:whipg:

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

View attachment 327475

Only to Leftist losers! Ha ha ha...why are you checking me out loser.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

View attachment 327475

just giving you facts. facts you hate & i got you got triggered enough to close it down.... it had been quite some time since anybody posted on it, 'cept for me.

i take that as a badge of honor - thanx, snowflake!

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

C'mon man - You're gonna be like Trump and disregard medical and science professionals - REALLY??

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

View attachment 327475

just giving you facts. facts you hate & i got you got triggered enough to close it down.... it had been quite some time since anybody posted on it, 'cept for me.

i take that as a badge of honor - thanx, snowflake!
What? I closed it because most people have it closed. You're so self centered. Typical Leftist.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

C'mon man - You're gonna be like Trump and disregard medical and science professionals - REALLY??
Which should I believe and which should I disregard? They cannot seem to agree.

All agree that AIDS and Cancer kill people. Here we have disparate opinions all over the place. Why do you always bring it back to Trump? Can we not have a conversation without you bringing him into it? Don't be like that deranged drunk, playtime, and obsess over her "donny".

Exactly.

Sheltering in home was not supposed to prevent you from ever getting the virus, was not supposed to do anything to control the virus, it was simply and only to reduce the initial impact we were going to have on hospitals and health care workers so that they were not overwhelmed.

Now we begin Phase 2, which is observing mitigation practices and get on with our lives.

Obviously if you are in the age group suseptible to this virus, and or you have these comorbidities, then you're going to have to be extra careful.

But the average American can observe mitigation practices and go about their lives until we find a vaccine.

Either we do this, or we destroy our nation from within.

SOOO .. Does "Getting on with our lives" mean going to salons, tattoo & massage parlors & restaurants at present?
Like SERIOUS?
Even your Donald told his puppet Govs in Texas, Florida and South Dakota NOT to do that!
You suffer from Corona idiocy
In some cities and towns, yes. We have entire counties in my state which have never seem one person become infected. So yes, I think they can go back to normal, as long as they observe mitigation practices. And if there is a way for other businesses to operate, and observe mitigation practices, why can't they be allowed to do so?

Locking down the entire nation as if everywhere is NYC, and incurring another 10 million unemployed, and bankrupting the state, is not acceptable.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

All agree that AIDS and Cancer kill people. Here we have disparate opinions all over the place. Why do you always bring it back to Trump? Can we not have a conversation without you bringing him into it? Don't be like that deranged drunk, playtime, and obsess over her "donny".
The TDS afflicted cannot be reasoned with, since reason has left them.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

The TDS afflicted cannot be reasoned with, since reason has left them.
Right? Everything comes back to Trump.

Me: It is raining outside.

Them: Trump is an asshole who doesn't care about the environment...

Me: Yeah....get some help.

First off, for those who are saying only old people die, that is false. You can google "youngest US covid 19 death", and you will find that it was an infant. Just the other day, a firefighter and police officer lost their 5 year old daughter to this disease. So no, this virus isn't "safer" in young people.

As far as saying that the percentage of deaths isn't any worse than the flu? Remember how they taught you how to find percentages in math class? You take the smaller number and divide it by the larger number, and the result is the percentage. Example: you want to find what percent of 100 that 40 is, so you divide 40 by 100, which results in a figure of 0.4, which is 40 percent.

Okay, now that the basic math lesson is over, lets see what the REAL mortality rate for this disease is......................................

Today, there were 911,000 reported cases in the USA, resulting in 51,516 deaths as of today. Divide 911,000 by 51,516, and you end up with a result of 0.056548 (only went out to 6 digits), meaning that the mortality rate for this particular disease is 5.56 percent.

The death rate from the flu is only 0.1 percent. Sorry, but this virus is more deadly than the flu.

Matter of fact, it's fast approaching the death toll of the Spanish flu.

First off, for those who are saying only old people die, that is false. You can google "youngest US covid 19 death", and you will find that it was an infant. Just the other day, a firefighter and police officer lost their 5 year old daughter to this disease. So no, this virus isn't "safer" in young people.

As far as saying that the percentage of deaths isn't any worse than the flu? Remember how they taught you how to find percentages in math class? You take the smaller number and divide it by the larger number, and the result is the percentage. Example: you want to find what percent of 100 that 40 is, so you divide 40 by 100, which results in a figure of 0.4, which is 40 percent.

Okay, now that the basic math lesson is over, lets see what the REAL mortality rate for this disease is......................................

Today, there were 911,000 reported cases in the USA, resulting in 51,516 deaths as of today. Divide 911,000 by 51,516, and you end up with a result of 0.056548 (only went out to 6 digits), meaning that the mortality rate for this particular disease is 5.56 percent.

The death rate from the flu is only 0.1 percent. Sorry, but this virus is more deadly than the flu.

Matter of fact, it's fast approaching the death toll of the Spanish flu.

& the same thing that happened with the spanish flu - where people got complacent because it seemed to have diminished during the warmer months & then came back with a vengeance when winter rolled around.

Forum List

Back