Lockdowns Did Not Work

In this case, empirical evidence that demonstrates effectiveness of that treatment. The same way effectiveness is determined for any drug or treatment. I didnt invent these rules. They have been around for a while.
And we can observe the evidence in the curves of those who locked down rigorously and early and those who did not.

It is guaranteed that as many as 5% of those who get the virus die.
"AS MANY AS"...that's not amorphous at all.
As many as 5% of? Octogenarians? Cancer patients? Immune compromised? Clowns? Yogis?

I included a link, but Trumptards don't need no links. Whatever Professor Tingle Ingergoober Bloober. :)
I know you did...unfortunately it's fucking USA Today. Where is the study? Not a story about the study.
Doc Dipshit.
Cause I would love to know the population that exhibited a 5% mortality rate.
Probably old...probably racked with existing conditions.

Translation: We can't include those OLD PEOPLE. They were gonna die anyway!
Translation of Translation: I'm a fact-adverse, heartless idiot who like my Orange Overlord, was born without the empathy gene.
Responders Note - The study was linked Goober

As many as 5% of? Octogenarians? Cancer patients? Immune compromised? Clowns? Yogis?

I included a link, but Trumptards don't need no links. Whatever Professor Tingle Ingergoober Bloober. :)
I know you did...unfortunately it's fucking USA Today. Where is the study? Not a story about the study.
Doc Dipshit.

Translation of Translation: I'm a fact-adverse, heartless idiot who like my Orange Overlord, was born without the empathy gene.
Translation: Puff on pete.

You disagree that isolation causes depression, drug abuse and alcoholism? You don’t think isolation and loss of business is damaging? That damages those who are and are not impacted by COVID, which mostly impacts those who are elderly and or unhealthy. We never did that study but just locked us all in.

The problem is Azog, your God is the almighty dollar. Some of us just aren't into it as much as you. shrug...
Nope. It’s freedom!

No, it’s saying government mandated behavior isn’t any more effective than people being free to make their own choices on how to avoid getting the Wuhan virus.

Then take the matter up with your governor.

That's who imposed the lock down.

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!
C
Guy thinks he's being clever. The death rate would naturally be fairly constant everywhere among positive cases. Only a disingenuous asshole would use that single factor to make such a broad declaration. Slowing the rate of spread is key.
Science says otherwise.
You say otherwise. I'm using science to critically examine the claim which is lacking the correct data points and proper statistical analysis. There's no way to even make that deterination until it's over and all the growth curves are lined up and adjusted for the incubation period of the virus plotted against when the various lockdown orders were implemented.
Herd immunity is the only way to ensure effective immunity for a population.
Not only will a population acquire immunity for this year but as the virus mutates and reappears in a slightly different form in subsequent seasons immune systems will still have resistance.
Through quarantines and lockdowns we achieve a partial immunity which will almost certainly ensure another outbreak in the fall...which is exactly what we will have.
"Herd immunity" is the same as saying that the many inevitable deaths are acceptable losses simply because saving them is too hard.
Then why doesn't Trump want Georgia reopened?

No one, not even the sports teams owners, are talking about reopening sporting events by packing fans into stadiums, so all you did was toss out a straw dog.

You're wrong.

The title of this thread is "LOCKDOWNS DID NOT WORK".

The hell they didn't! The lock downs worked better than expected...mainly because so many people cooperated and nobody thought they would (Americans are a a pesky bunch).

Then you have simple common sense. I have much much MUCH less of a chance catching a virus while sitting at home alone than I do being in a crowd (bus, train, plane, stadium, restaurant, etc.).

And finally...it's a "STRAW MAN"...not straw dog :)
There was interesting poll which asked the question, "What is it your greatest fear of the cornovirus?" I don't remember the percentages but the overwhelming number said, "giving the virus to my family or friends." "Not having money to provide for my family." came in second, and "Catching the virus. came in third. This epidemic is revealing that Americans have a strong social conscience. They really do care about others and will make sacrifices for them. This is why the shutdown and social distancing is working, not because of fear of being arrested.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2F8850e4ac-84de-11ea-b872-8db45d5f6714
so explain to me how six weeks of quarantine caused numbers to go up? From September to March, there weren't many at all. then stay at home orders came out and fking boom the count went up. how is that so?
Are you that dense? More testing, more cases
especially using test kits with the virus already on them.
Hey hey hey. Democrats paid good money for those kits.

Compared to eastern states and big cities California has had relatively few deaths. Medical investigation revealed that we had the virus starting last fall in September or October. Our house hold was pretty much down with a "flu" last November. It was probably the Chinese virus.

That coupled with a population slipping into revolt caused Gay Gavin Gruesome Newsom to give up. Hospitals have been opening up. In the hospital my step grandson works for the tents are gone the expanded ICU is gone.

Locking down the parks didn't work. 35 tons of sand was poured in a skate park to keep skateboarders away. Then the dirt bikes showed up. That worked. The parks are open. The Gruesome himself declared that the state would start opening up.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

View attachment 326939
Oswlald is a rich celebrity and an idiot. I had the Virus it is not guaranteed death. Far from it. Nazis killed my people. That was guaranteed. Apples and oranges. You're an idiot.

It is guaranteed that as many as 5% of those who get the virus die. That makes it 50 times deadlier than the flu. To suggest that it wasn't that bad for you and therefore it isn't that bad period is misleading and frankly, kinda dangerous.

As of Wednesday, the United States had a 5.4% mortality rate based on a percentage of overall cases, according to the Johns Hopkins data.
We do not have enough data yet to make the claim that the fatality rate for those who catch COVID-19 is 5%. Maybe that is the death rate for people over 75 years old, with one or more comorbidity. But to say it's 5% across the board is silly.

NY state is testing the population for the antigen. About 20% of NYC population already has the antigen. That's getting close to two million New Yorkers who had the virus already, and prob didn't even know it at the time.
Current fatality rate in NY is just 0.58%. That is expected to go lower as more testing is done.

Doc Dipshit.

Way to go moron...

The only thing the graphing show is that the rate of infection was slowed allowing us to manage the hospitalizations.

It is a VIRUS thus everyone is going to get it at some point. It does not mean we do not love our seiniors. Your false equivalency is seriously demented bull shit.

Open the country!
C
Guy thinks he's being clever. The death rate would naturally be fairly constant everywhere among positive cases. Only a disingenuous asshole would use that single factor to make such a broad declaration. Slowing the rate of spread is key.
Science says otherwise.
You say otherwise. I'm using science to critically examine the claim which is lacking the correct data points and proper statistical analysis. There's no way to even make that deterination until it's over and all the growth curves are lined up and adjusted for the incubation period of the virus plotted against when the various lockdown orders were implemented.
Herd immunity is the only way to ensure effective immunity for a population.
Not only will a population acquire immunity for this year but as the virus mutates and reappears in a slightly different form in subsequent seasons immune systems will still have resistance.
Through quarantines and lockdowns we achieve a partial immunity which will almost certainly ensure another outbreak in the fall...which is exactly what we will have.
"Herd immunity" is the same as saying that the many inevitable deaths are acceptable losses simply because saving them is too hard.
Then why doesn't Trump want Georgia reopened?
He does but in phases as Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci recommended. Damned if he does and Damned if he doesn’t, eh? Typical Leftist you are.

Open the country!

View attachment 326939
Oswlald is a rich celebrity and an idiot. I had the Virus it is not guaranteed death. Far from it. Nazis killed my people. That was guaranteed. Apples and oranges. You're an idiot.

It is guaranteed that as many as 5% of those who get the virus die. That makes it 50 times deadlier than the flu. To suggest that it wasn't that bad for you and therefore it isn't that bad period is misleading and frankly, kinda dangerous.

As of Wednesday, the United States had a 5.4% mortality rate based on a percentage of overall cases, according to the Johns Hopkins data.
We do not have enough data yet to make the claim that the fatality rate for those who catch COVID-19 is 5%. Maybe that is the death rate for people over 75 years old, with one or more comorbidity. But to say it's 5% across the board is silly.

NY state is testing the population for the antigen. About 20% of NYC population already has the antigen. That's getting close to two million New Yorkers who had the virus already, and prob didn't even know it at the time.
Current fatality rate in NY is just 0.58%. That is expected to go lower as more testing is done.
Are you referring to the new data that New York state has been accumulating and how many millions of people may have already caught the disease and now I have the antigen for the virus.

The press conference that I heard Governor Cuomo was saying that as much as 20% of New York City's population already caught the virus NR now now have the antigen. If those numbers hold, the mortality rate for this virus is going to plumet.

Appears all it did was saddle the taxpayer with a couple of trillion dollars more debt. ... :cool:

there’s that. I do believe it helped the medical community out, but that reasoning is fast becoming obsolete with each passing day.
Exactly, and I don't see how locking down States, producing another 10 million or more unemployed, and causing thousands more business to go bankrupt, and States governments themselves going bankrupt, is going to help the nation.

We could probably do almost the same thing in this shelter-in-place lockdown, if we just went out and did our business in public, as long as we observe mitigation practices. Sheltering in-house is nothing but a mitigation practice. It does nothing to cure the virus it does nothing to end virus it does nothing but prolong the effects of the virus

Forum List

Back