Lois Lerner E-Mails "Missing"

I'm perfectly happy to pass over all the defenders of the indefensible and ignore your dancing and spinning. And discuss this topic only with folks that give a damn.

You are a waste of time to anyone that's concerned about the corrupt and inept bureaucracy and lack of accountability in the Fed Govt. That is -- until the leadership CHANGES. And that's why you rabid partisians are tanking this country..
^^^
This here.

That there was preaching and grandstanding. Since I am defending nobody in this thread. I am simply advocating that we reserve judgement until more is known. I've only said that a half dozen times, though....so I understand how you missed it. And since the author of that, there, is a known rabid partisan who ignores the fact that people have already been held accountable for this largely made up scandal...his words ring hollow. Hear the echo? I'll bet you do.
What more needs to be known? The IRS is claiming the emails were somehow lost. Do you think that's credible or not?

^^^
This here.

That there was preaching and grandstanding. Since I am defending nobody in this thread. I am simply advocating that we reserve judgement until more is known. I've only said that a half dozen times, though....so I understand how you missed it. And since the author of that, there, is a known rabid partisan who ignores the fact that people have already been held accountable for this largely made up scandal...his words ring hollow. Hear the echo? I'll bet you do.

But for the partisan right that will take too long, they need to attack the president with contrivances and lies now. And few on the right have any interest in facts or the truth consequently.

What contrivances and lies? We know the IRS targerted groups. We know senators put pressure on them to do so. We know the IRS is claiming they lost the emails, after they said they would turn them over. We know the administration has been stonewalling this investigation for months.
Which piece of information would you like known?

But for the partisan right that will take too long, they need to attack the president with contrivances and lies now. And few on the right have any interest in facts or the truth consequently.

What contrivances and lies? We know the IRS targerted groups. We know senators put pressure on them to do so. We know the IRS is claiming they lost the emails, after they said they would turn them over. We know the administration has been stonewalling this investigation for months.
Which piece of information would you like known?

He doesn't want any information to become known. He's hoping the administration can stonewall the investigation until Obama is out of office or until the IRS criminals destroy the evidence.

That is not an honest question. But I will say that the problems at the VA bother me a great deal.

Why is it so hard for you to ask an honest question?

Explain what is not honest about.

Holy shit.

The IRS issue is a mid level deal where an influx of applications caused workers to make some choices that you don't like.

The 5 guys released are not top level anything. One of them was nasty. They are not free to do whatever they want. They were not charged with any crimes.

Benghazi was not denied security. The funding was reduced and the dude refused extra security.

Emails being harvested? When did that begin?

No phone conversations are being recorded. Meta data is being kept.

What murderers released? Names.

Minors are not being let into the streets.

All of that is talking point pablum. Not a serious, honest question.

Try again.

See, this is where you show your eyes are willfully shut.

They did retrieved 24000 emails that were sent during that period of 'loss' from her computer hard drive, by obtaining them from the 80 workers who had received them, from what is being reported...

Listening to the Chavetz interrogation of that IRS man...he said they had to go in to storage and retrieve these computers to get these emails....

I totally do not understand this?

does this mean they were not backed up nightly on a separate server that is offsite and they only just keep these used laptops as their means to get to the emails? that just sounds crazy?

It's not "crazy" it's preposterous. The IRS is deleting incriminating e-mails. What they are saying makes no sense.

There it is again. The baseless accusation that someone deleted emails. Way to go! Say it a thousand times....it will become true. No matter what the facts are.

We can add IT to the list of things you know nothing about. They would not lose e-mails unless they want to. It's impossible in this day and age.

They did retrieved 24000 emails that were sent during that period of 'loss' from her computer hard drive, by obtaining them from the 80 workers who had received them, from what is being reported...

Listening to the Chavetz interrogation of that IRS man...he said they had to go in to storage and retrieve these computers to get these emails....

I totally do not understand this?

does this mean they were not backed up nightly on a separate server that is offsite and they only just keep these used laptops as their means to get to the emails? that just sounds crazy?

It's not "crazy" it's preposterous. The IRS is deleting incriminating e-mails. What they are saying makes no sense.
i don't believe they can be completely deleted Kaz.... there was no reason to tell anyone her hard drive blew up in 2011 if all they wanted to do is delete them.... they could have just turned over what they wanted to turn over and say NOTHING, would congress have even been the wiser that some were deleted? soooo, i don't think they are destroying evidence....

The only way this whole story makes any kind of sense is if the IRS is inept, and does not have back up servers for their emails....which is a problem with the IRS itself, and not lois learner.

As I said before, backups are not kept on someone's own hard drive, it would not be a backup then. Think about it.

And Microsoft exchange basic configuration is built with RAID so even a hard drive failure would not lead to lost of e-mails.

There it is again. The baseless accusation that someone deleted emails. Way to go! Say it a thousand times....it will become true. No matter what the facts are.

We can add IT to the list of things you know nothing about. They would not lose e-mails unless they want to. It's impossible in this day and age.

Very little. I know very little about IT. But....I am going to refrain from asserting that someone erased e-mails before some evidence exists. How about you?

If the situation and parties were reversed, the Left would be screaming from the mountain tops about this. It would be wall to wall in the media.

No mirrors in the homes of partisan ideologues, not one, zero, zip, zilch, nada.

Too funny.

It kinda did happen with Nixon.. And he stepped down.. No one in the Obama administration has been fired. In fact most have been promoted and got bonuses

Very little. I know very little about IT. But....I am going to refrain from asserting that someone erased e-mails before some evidence exists. How about you?

Even if they deleted the emails there is a away to retrieve them.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Even if they deleted the emails there is a away to retrieve them.
Always is. They reside in more than one place...and a computer forensic tech CAN retrieve data from a bad drive...unless they removed them completely and destroyed them. THAT in this case would be a FELONY.,

Congress needs to get off their asses and deal with this NOW.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

What the IRS is saying is impossible, they didn't lose e-mails unless it was on purpose. No investigation is required to know that.

And LOL, this standard appeared when the party in the White House changed. Not to mention that since the White House blocks all investigations into their own behavior...

Last edited:
if you listened to the acting IRS guy's tape with Rep Chavetz interrogating him, he said that he had to retrieve the older computers/retired computers to get the past emails, or something of the sort? so, it appears that he believed that he had to go in to this graveyard of computers, to retrieve the emails??? Does that make sense? Chavetz didn't question it? but then again he was too busy grandstanding to hear it, probably....?

WHY would this be the way to retrieve old emails if they did have them archived in an outside server?

And if there truly is an archive of all emails then why is this thing such a big deal?

Just because the IRS may not be able to retrieve all of Learner's emails from their computers, doesn't mean they are not archived....and these congress critters can easily get their information...so I ask again, why has this been 'played' the way it has....?

The whole article began with Republicans SAYING the Irs lost lois learner's emails...it was all from the Republican's perspective, with no real explanation of how the system works etc etc etc....

Honestly, this is too stupid of an excuse for even the dumbest of Administrations and this administration isn't that dumb to believe we would believe a story like this....the way it has been presented to us, in this one article released by the AP, with ONLY Republicans....

And CERTAINLY these republican congressmen and senator in the AP article, know that there is an archived copy of all emails, per the law of the land?

So again, what's the big deal? Please explain?

Last edited:
if you listened to the acting IRS guy's tape with Rep Chavetz interrogating him, he said that he had to retrieve the older computers/retired computers to get the past emails, or something of the sort? so, it appears that he believed that he had to go in to this graveyard of computers, to retrieve the emails??? Does that make sense? Chavetz didn't question it? but then again he was too busy grandstanding to hear it, probably....?

WHY would this be the way to retrieve old emails if they did have them archived in an outside server?

And if there truly is an archive of all emails then why is this thing such a big deal?

Just because the IRS may not be able to retrieve all of Learner's emails from their computers, doesn't mean they are not archived....and these congress critters can easily get their information...so I ask again, why has this been 'played' the way it has....?

The whole article began with Republicans SAYING the Irs lost lois learner's emails...it was all from the Republican's perspective, with no real explanation of how the system works etc etc etc....

Honestly, this is too stupid of an excuse for even the dumbest of Administrations and this administration isn't that dumb to believe we would believe a story like this....the way it has been presented to us, in this one article released by the AP, with ONLY Republicans....

And CERTAINLY these republican congressmen and senator in the AP article, know that there is an archived copy of all emails, per the law of the land?

The Congress has been after these e-mails for awhile...this is nothing but another attempt at stonewalling. WAKE UP. (and it isn't ONLY Republicans):eusa_hand: Partisan HACK.

The Congress has been after these e-mails for awhile...this is nothing but another attempt at stonewalling. WAKE UP. (and it isn't ONLY Republicans):eusa_hand: Partisan HACK.
In the article released, it was only republicans The T., wasn't it?

And to me, it makes no sense that congress would subpena such a widespread net, so that the IRS has had to spend $10 million dollars so far, gathering the 80,000 plus documents for them, thus far....

yet these congress critters are complaining about a handful they may not get from the administration's DOJ/congressmen/etc....

IF these are the emails these congress critters wanted in the first place, then WHY OH WHY didn't they just subpena a narrower spread and not wasted the $10 MILLION on gathering these 80,000 plus emails and other documents, that all had to be reviewed for necessary redaction of client personal information?

I think the scope of the subpena is the main reason why it is taking so long The T.

Last edited:
And to me, it makes no sense that congress would subpena such a widespread net, so that the IRS has had to spend $10 million dollars so far, gathering the 80,000 plus documents for them, thus far....

yet these congress critters are complaining about a handful they may not get from the administration's DOJ/congressmen/etc....

IF these are the emails these congress critters wanted in the first place, then WHY OH WHY didn't they just subpena a narrower spread and not wasted the $10 MILLION on gathering these 80,000 plus emails and other documents, that all had to be reviewed for necessary redaction of client personal information?

I think the scope of the subpena is the main reason why it is taking so long The T.

The administration has stonewalled on Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS and any other investigation into their malfeasance.

Damn straight we want ALL the e-mails.

Only a complete moron would think after Obama calls out Americans for Prosperity for months on end, that he didn't encourage the IRS to jack with them.

-Geaux

[youtube]j-DayxcTb8k[/youtube]

Uh, a broken computer can't lose emails.....they are stored on network servers.

Time to throw some of these scumbags in jail for obstruction of justice.

Forum List

Back