Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

Oldstyle, if you'd stop kissing the heinies of treasonous ratfucks like Issa, you wouldn't keep getting humiliated each time another one of their phony scandals craters.

Oldstyle, if you'd stop kissing the heinies of treasonous ratfucks like Issa, you wouldn't keep getting humiliated each time another one of their phony scandals craters.

LOL...oh, are we back to calling all these Obama scandals "phony" again? :cuckoo::cuckoo: Yeah, that strategy will make them go away!!! Do you remember Barack Obama's pledge to be the "most transparent Administration in history"? At this point they are going for the Administration who has attempted to HIDE the most things in history! Jay Carney has told so many lies...if they ever do Pinocchio on Broadway he's a cinch for the lead!

George Washington couldn't tell a lie? Barack Obama can't tell the truth!!!

You progressives seem to think that because ONE Obama scandal is upstaged by ANOTHER Obama scandal...that the first one has gone away! It's amusing to watch...

[

Ever notice that what Joe REALLY wants is for any and all critics of the Obama Administration to "shut the fuck up"? Benghazi scandal? Shut the fuck up! Fast & Furious scandal? Shut the fuck up! IRS scandal? Shut the fuck up! ObamaCare lies? Shut the fuck up! Stimulus that didn't create jobs? Shut the fuck up! Discombobulated foreign policy? Shut the fuck up! Non-existent energy strategy? Shut the fuck up!

Gee...one wonders why Joe comes to a board where differing viewpoints can be heard... when what he REALLY wants is to hear his own and nobody else.

I'm perfectly willing to hear ideas.

What you can shut the fuck up about is your deranged, racist, insane hatred of this president.

Because, honestly what happened at Benghazi. - No effect on my life.
Teabaggers being unable to get fradulent tax exemptions- NO effect on my life.

Of course, the Stimulus did create jobs. You can see where the unemployment rate dropped when Stimulus started, and flattned out when it ended. But again, if you are an insane Obama hater, all you see is a Negro in the White House. so really, shut the fuck up.

This is why the GOP isn't taken seriously anymore. You've become a party of no ideas. I mean, hey, you can criticize what Obama didn't do in Crimea, but I have yet to hear a one of you offer a counterproposal that doesn't risk either a war or economic disaster. The Crimea isn't worth either.

You progressives seem to think that because ONE Obama scandal is upstaged by ANOTHER Obama scandal...that the first one has gone away! It's amusing to watch...

You conservatards seem to think that because something makes you angry, it's a scandal.

But everything makes you angry, and frankly, most of the time, you wait until Obama does something so you know what you are angry about.

[

Not such a perfect example. It is instead an example of the witch hunt nature of the persecution in that case.

Exactly my point, guy. Special Prosecutors almost always end in "Witch Hunts". Scooter Libby admitted he talked about Plame, and he resigned as Bush promised anyone who did, would. THAT should have been the end of the matter.

[
As a rule, one does not get -- and cannot get -- "immunity" for perjury. The whole POINT of immunization is that it frees you (in theory) to speak; and when you speak under oath you are kinda obligated to tell the truth.

Who first brought up the fucking name of mere analyst Valerie Plame was hardly something that SHOULD have ever resulted in any prosecution in the first place. And yes, two people (with no lying involved) CAN testify to differing recollections.

Exactly. so why should Lerner testify to something, and then have an overzealous special prosecutor come back and say, "Bob in Cincinatti remembers that conversation differently, you're guilty of perjury."

[
But don't get so far off the beaten path. Lerner is not being asked questions about who first mentioned some person's name. SHE, as a fucking IRS official, was being asked questions concerning whether and to what extent the IRS was engaged in improper POLITICAL questioning directed at the TEA PARTY. THAT'S what SHE was claiming the FIFTH on.

Now, maybe she DOES have something to hide. Maybe the actions of the IRS (and her own behavior?) could lead to criminal prosecution. So, perhaps it is wise of her to claim the Fifth. But if she did nothing criminal and authorized none of the sordid POLITICAL questioning by the fucking IRS improperly directed against conservative group(s) of citizens, then she COULD simply tell CONGRESS what an ADMINISTRATIVE agency was fucking doing.

Or Congress was already told what an Administrative Agency was doing, it was completely in compliance with a truly awful law, and she used judgement as to which ones were trying to commit tax fraud. This is the point you guys don't get. If you had 100% scrutiny of EVERYONE who applied for this exemption, most people probably wouldn't get it that easily.

So the argument here is that group that hates taxes was applying for a questionable tax exemption. I think that's the kind of thing you WANT the IRS to look at.

[
If she cares to invoke the FIFTH, fine. Then ISSA should get Congress to authorize immunity for her. THEN, by golly, the old sow would HAVE to answer. And, better yet, she would be obligated to answer HONESTLY.

True enough. So let's say she answers honestly, and she doesn't say what Issa wants to hear?

Then what?

You're SO full of shit when it comes to what Lerner was doing at the IRS...and WHY she was doing it! This wasn't the IRS "struggling" to deal with tax exempt status...this was liberals USING the IRS to punish their political opposition by forcing conservative groups to jump through hoops that liberal groups did not have to.

Lois Lerner deserves jail time for what she did...and the American people deserve answers from this Administration about who knew about what was happening at the IRS and when they knew it! It's time to stop playing games with these people and time to start at the bottom and threaten anyone who doesn't cooperate fully with maximum jail time. This was a conspiracy to commit a felony and should be treated as the serious crime that it was.

[

Ever notice that what Joe REALLY wants is for any and all critics of the Obama Administration to "shut the fuck up"? Benghazi scandal? Shut the fuck up! Fast & Furious scandal? Shut the fuck up! IRS scandal? Shut the fuck up! ObamaCare lies? Shut the fuck up! Stimulus that didn't create jobs? Shut the fuck up! Discombobulated foreign policy? Shut the fuck up! Non-existent energy strategy? Shut the fuck up!

Gee...one wonders why Joe comes to a board where differing viewpoints can be heard... when what he REALLY wants is to hear his own and nobody else.

I'm perfectly willing to hear ideas.

What you can shut the fuck up about is your deranged, racist, insane hatred of this president.

Because, honestly what happened at Benghazi. - No effect on my life.
Teabaggers being unable to get fradulent tax exemptions- NO effect on my life.

Of course, the Stimulus did create jobs. You can see where the unemployment rate dropped when Stimulus started, and flattned out when it ended. But again, if you are an insane Obama hater, all you see is a Negro in the White House. so really, shut the fuck up.

This is why the GOP isn't taken seriously anymore. You've become a party of no ideas. I mean, hey, you can criticize what Obama didn't do in Crimea, but I have yet to hear a one of you offer a counterproposal that doesn't risk either a war or economic disaster. The Crimea isn't worth either.

You're not only an Obama fluffer, Joe but an extremely ignorant one as well! The unemployment rate didn't drop when the Stimulus started...it went UP substantially! You'd KNOW that if you weren't so busy trying to cover up for this Administration's policy failures with laughable attempts to accuse anyone who points them out of "racism"! You don't have to invent a new economic statistic...jobs created or saved...if what you did actually worked. You do that when it doesn't!

You're SO full of shit when it comes to what Lerner was doing at the IRS...and WHY she was doing it! This wasn't the IRS "struggling" to deal with tax exempt status...this was liberals USING the IRS to punish their political opposition by forcing conservative groups to jump through hoops that liberal groups did not have to.

And if you or Issa had FACTS to back up that OPINION, you'd be filing criminal charges and not hoping she incriminates herself in a dog and pony show.

Lois Lerner deserves jail time for what she did...and the American people deserve answers from this Administration about who knew about what was happening at the IRS and when they knew it! It's time to stop playing games with these people and time to start at the bottom and threaten anyone who doesn't cooperate fully with maximum jail time. This was a conspiracy to commit a felony and should be treated as the serious crime that it was.

Guy, nobody but the Teabaggers care and no one will be happier to see the Teabaggers go away more than REAL Republicans.

I agree, the games need to stop. Issa needs to stop playing games. If he really thinks this is a serious problem, go back and revised the code so it CLEARLY states who and who is not entitled to a tax exemption as a "social welfare' group.

And if you or Issa had FACTS to back up that OPINION, you'd be filing criminal charges and not hoping she incriminates herself in a dog and pony show.

Guy, nobody but the Teabaggers care and no one will be happier to see the Teabaggers go away more than REAL Republicans.

I agree, the games need to stop. Issa needs to stop playing games. If he really thinks this is a serious problem, go back and revised the code so it CLEARLY states who and who is not entitled to a tax exemption as a "social welfare' group.

Its simple joe, if no one did anything wrong she would not need the 5th. only guilty people can incriminate themselves by testifying, if you are innocent its impossible to incriminate yourself.

You're not only an Obama fluffer, Joe but an extremely ignorant one as well! The unemployment rate didn't drop when the Stimulus started...it went UP substantially! You'd KNOW that if you weren't so busy trying to cover up for this Administration's policy failures with laughable attempts to accuse anyone who points them out of "racism"! You don't have to invent a new economic statistic...jobs created or saved...if what you did actually worked. You do that when it doesn't!

Unemployment in 2009- 10%
Unemployment today - 6.7%.

Stimulus worked just fine. Sorry.

Now, it would have been nice if we had actually did the FULL stimulus instead of the watered down, fairy wings on a cement truck version we did get.

This was NOT a problem with the tax code! This was a problem with liberals taking advantage of the power they had to handicap their political opponents. What they did was criminal and they need to be punished to the full extent of the law so it doesn't happen TO ANYONE in the future!

[
Its simple joe, if no one did anything wrong she would not need the 5th. only guilty people can incriminate themselves by testifying, if you are innocent its impossible to incriminate yourself.

Really.

Ever hear of a guy named Rolando Cruz? He talked to police in Dupage County without invoking his fifth Amendment right. As a result, he was eventually convicted of murder and sentenced to death.

Oh except another guy totally confessed to the crime.

It took ten years of legal wrangling before the justice system in the heart of Republican Illinois finally admitted they had the wrong guy.

The Fifth Amendment is an important protection against EXACTLY this sort of thing- political motivated, biased prosecutions by people with agendas.

Unemployment in 2009- 10%
Unemployment today - 6.7%.

Stimulus worked just fine. Sorry.

Now, it would have been nice if we had actually did the FULL stimulus instead of the watered down, fairy wings on a cement truck version we did get.

they (the administration) changed the way unemployment is calculated, real unemployment today is pushing 15%.

This was NOT a problem with the tax code! This was a problem with liberals taking advantage of the power they had to handicap their political opponents. What they did was criminal and they need to be punished to the full extent of the law so it doesn't happen TO ANYONE in the future!

No, the Tax Code was just fine until SCOTUS decided to fuck it all up with Citizen's United.

And really, guy, i know you want to blame anyone but the fact you nominated a complete asshole in 2012 for your loss.

I garuntee you, I voted against Romney because he was an asshole. And a Mormon. And really, nothing a Teabagging Group was going to say to me was really going to change that.

[

Really.

Ever hear of a guy named Rolando Cruz? He talked to police in Dupage County without invoking his fifth Amendment right. As a result, he was eventually convicted of murder and sentenced to death.

Oh except another guy totally confessed to the crime.

It took ten years of legal wrangling before the justice system in the heart of Republican Illinois finally admitted they had the wrong guy.

The Fifth Amendment is an important protection against EXACTLY this sort of thing- political motivated, biased prosecutions by people with agendas.

I am not familiar with the Cruz case, but I am sure that you misstated it. Did the guy confess when he "talked" to the police?

If you are innocent you cannot incriminate yourself by telling the truth, if you are guilty, you can.

[

they (the administration) changed the way unemployment is calculated, real unemployment today is pushing 15%.

They've used the same formula they've used for the last 30 years. If you are looking for work and haven't found it, you're unemployed.

In fact, the only guy who really changed the calculation number was Reagan 30 years ago when he counted active duty military as "employed".

No, the Tax Code was just fine until SCOTUS decided to fuck it all up with Citizen's United.

And really, guy, i know you want to blame anyone but the fact you nominated a complete asshole in 2012 for your loss.

I garuntee you, I voted against Romney because he was an asshole. And a Mormon. And really, nothing a Teabagging Group was going to say to me was really going to change that.

Romney would have been 1000% better than obama. He would have been a very good president. But we will never know because you fools gave the kenyan messiah 4 more years to complete his destruction of the country he hates.

[

I am not familiar with the Cruz case, but I am sure that you misstated it. Did the guy confess when he "talked" to the police?

If you are innocent you cannot incriminate yourself by telling the truth, if you are guilty, you can.

cruz was trying to scam the cops out of the reward money for information. As a result, they decided that he "looked good for it', and proceeded to fit all their "evidence" to that conclusion. They also managed to try two other schlubs whose only crime was that they were friends of Cruz.

The Fifth Amendment exists for EXACTLY this sort of reason. To protect suspects or people invovled in cases from overzealous, inept or corrupt investigators and prosecutors.

And frankly, "inept" "Corrupt" and "overzealous" generally describe Issa to a "Tea".

[

They've used the same formula they've used for the last 30 years. If you are looking for work and haven't found it, you're unemployed.

In fact, the only guy who really changed the calculation number was Reagan 30 years ago when he counted active duty military as "employed".

not true. they no longer count people who have stopped looking for work. real unemployment in the USA today is around 15%.

You are wrong on this, I suggest you do some checking before making yourself look more foolish.

Forum List

Back