Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

[

So you want to stimulate the economy...and YOU think that the way to do so is to tax "the ever living fuck out of rich people"? I don't know what's more amusing...watching you flounder trying to defend the actions of the liberals who used the IRS to target conservatives...or watching you epically fail trying to have an intelligent conversation about economics.

Yeah, I guess you COULD tax the ever living fuck out of rich people...if you were looking to destroy what little economic growth we did have! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: That's the kind of mindless proposal that gets made by people who let ideology blind them to reality.

We had our greatest economic prosperity when the top marginal rate was 93%. That rate kicked in at $400,000 in 1952, which would be about 3 million in today's dollars.

The stupdity is thinking that you let the rich have most of the wealth and be surprised when they dont share it, and when you insist they do, they start claiming to be just like the Jews inHitler's Germany.

again, your opinion is not 'fact".

nope, that has been proven. the direction came from DC. Lerner took the 5th rather than tell who it came from.

NO, she took the fifth because she doesn't answer to Issa.

So, if Cummings had asked the questions she would have answered? How about if a federal judge was asking? you are FOS, Joe. she is covering up for the administration by taking the 5th.

[
Unbelievable...you're back trying to blame this on "rogue agents" in the Cincinnati office? LOL Dude, the Obama Administration tried that bit of misdirection long ago and it was shown to complete bullshit! Lerner knew exactly what was going on at the IRS...it wasn't something that happened just in Cincinnati.

It's not just my "opinion" that this wasn't just a few rogue agents in Cincinnati...it's also the opinion of the Inspector General who investigated what happened.

You seem to believe that if you repeat a lie often enough that it will somehow become the truth.

Meh, Inspector General appointed by whom? Why hasn't he recommended a prosecution to the Justice department, then?

again, you really haven't convinced me that the IRS did anything all that wrong.

Political Groups are not Social Welfare Charities, and they aren't entitled to that exemption. So your complaint is the IRS DID IT'S JOB?

[

So you want to stimulate the economy...and YOU think that the way to do so is to tax "the ever living fuck out of rich people"? I don't know what's more amusing...watching you flounder trying to defend the actions of the liberals who used the IRS to target conservatives...or watching you epically fail trying to have an intelligent conversation about economics.

Yeah, I guess you COULD tax the ever living fuck out of rich people...if you were looking to destroy what little economic growth we did have! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: That's the kind of mindless proposal that gets made by people who let ideology blind them to reality.

We had our greatest economic prosperity when the top marginal rate was 93%. That rate kicked in at $400,000 in 1952, which would be about 3 million in today's dollars.

The stupdity is thinking that you let the rich have most of the wealth and be surprised when they dont share it, and when you insist they do, they start claiming to be just like the Jews inHitler's Germany.

the stupidity here is you thinking that anyone ever paid 93% in taxes. In those days there were thousands of deductions and exemptions that were put in the tax code by democrat controlled congresses so no one paid anywhere near the maximum.

do you really think that a guy making a million paid 930,000 in taxes? are you that ignorant?

Show me where Barack Obama proposed a 3 Trillion dollar stimulus!

Sorry, man, I was kind of feeling bad for you that you would say something so ignorant and I was trying to pretend you didn't say it rather than humiliate you using Google.

Obama's stimulus succeeded ? even if it was too small - The Week

True Cost of Stimulus: $3.27 Trillion | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News from The Heritage Foundation

Once again, Joe...show me where Barack Obama proposed a 3 trillion dollar stimulus!

nope, that has been proven. the direction came from DC. Lerner took the 5th rather than tell who it came from.

So, if Cummings had asked the questions she would have answered? How about if a federal judge was asking? you are FOS, Joe. she is covering up for the administration by taking the 5th.

Or she's protecting her own interest because 40 years of special prosecutors and independent counsels have shown, it's usually the bit players who end up getting convicted of tangetal crimes.

Iran-Contra never touched Reagan.
Whitewater never touched Clinton.
PlameGate never touched Bush.

But you guys are going to REALLY think that somehow, you are going to totally get Obama on this one. NO, really!

I think you just don't know how this game is played, guy.

Show me where Barack Obama proposed a 3 Trillion dollar stimulus!

Sorry, man, I was kind of feeling bad for you that you would say something so ignorant and I was trying to pretend you didn't say it rather than humiliate you using Google.

True Cost of Stimulus: $3.27 Trillion | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News from The Heritage Foundation

Once again, Joe...show me where Barack Obama proposed a 3 trillion dollar stimulus!

I just did. Sorry you don't comprehend basic English.

Joe is doing his best "Jay Carney" imitation this morning...shoveling bullshit against a wall at a furious pace and hoping nobody notices that nothing is sticking.

[

the stupidity here is you thinking that anyone ever paid 93% in taxes. In those days there were thousands of deductions and exemptions that were put in the tax code by democrat controlled congresses so no one paid anywhere near the maximum.

do you really think that a guy making a million paid 930,000 in taxes? are you that ignorant?

A few rich people who didn't know how manage their money did.

and the ones who didn't had to prove they were doing worthwhile things with their money.

Which by me is just fine, that's how it should be.

I just did. Sorry you don't comprehend basic English.

Where in either of those cites is proof that Obama proposed a 3 trillion dollar stimulus?

[

Yo, joey boy. where did the money for the stimulus come from? got any idea?

Well, they should have come from taxing the ever living fuck out of rich people.

But much like the War against Iraq, we just put it on the credit card.

More Democrats than Republicans Sit on 10 Richest Members of Congress List:

Mark Warner (D-Va) $96,221,316 $257,481,658 $418,742,000

Jared Polis (D-Colo) $69,791,412 $197,945,705 $326,099,998

John K. Delaney (D-Md) $65,151,162 $154,601,580 $244,051,998

Michael McCaul (R-Texas) $102,547,780 $143,153,910 $183,760,040

Scott Peters (D-Calif) $27,518,090 $112,467,040 $197,415,991

Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn) $86,307,329 $103,803,192 $121,299,056

Jay Rockefeller (D-WVa) $63,269,025 $101,290,514 $139,312,004

Vernon Buchanan (R-Fla) $-58,149,853 $88,802,066 $235,753,986

Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif) $1,046,071 $87,997,030 $174,947,989

yaaaaa, let's tax the living fuck out of these "RICH" people, especially those with the "D" behind their name. :up:

why do you stupid liberals FEEEEEL that only "R"'s are the rich ? i agree with you that we should strip every last fucking penny from every liberal with more than $10.00 to their fucking name.., you would agree to that.., RIGHT ??

Nonsense.

That’s just a pathetic fantasy harbored by you and other partisan rightists, predicated solely on your hatred of Obama, having nothing to do with any facts or evidence.

Nonsense.

That’s just a pathetic fantasy harbored by you and other partisan rightists, predicated solely on your hatred of Obama, having nothing to do with any facts or evidence.

nope, it has been proven that the IRS targeted conservative groups, it has been proven that the direction to do that came from the top, it has been proven that it was not a few rogue agents in Cincinnatti, it has been proven that Lerner knew about it.

She is taking the 5th to protect herself and whoever gave her the instructions to target those groups.

Nonsense.

nope, it has been proven that the IRS targeted conservative groups, it has been proven that the direction to do that came from the top, it has been proven that it was not a few rogue agents in Cincinnatti, it has been proven that Lerner knew about it.

She is taking the 5th to protect herself and whoever gave her the instructions to target those groups.

No.

It hasn't been "proven" at all.

What happened was Lerner said something stupid, Issa jumped on it and made the charge immediately.

President Obama, giving deference to the conservative nutjobs, a patently stupid move, fired a bunch of people and buttressed a nonsense case.

Now over a YEAR later and multiple hearings NOTHING has been found to prove ANY wrong doing.

The IRS used filters to examine whether these groups were legitimately using their tax exempt (and secret donor) status for social work.

They "targeted' by conservatives and Liberal groups.

What they should have done was gone by FEDERAL LAW and told them to all go pound sand.

It's not just my "opinion" that this wasn't just a few rogue agents in Cincinnati...it's also the opinion of the Inspector General who investigated what happened.

You seem to believe that if you repeat a lie often enough that it will somehow become the truth.

Meh, Inspector General appointed by whom? Why hasn't he recommended a prosecution to the Justice department, then?

again, you really haven't convinced me that the IRS did anything all that wrong.

Political Groups are not Social Welfare Charities, and they aren't entitled to that exemption. So your complaint is the IRS DID IT'S JOB?

Some of our complaint is that the IRS only "does its job" half the time. Democrat and Republican organizations do the same stuff. I am so sick of this 2 party system that holds us hostage to the nuts and weeds out any thought of cooperation.

Nonsense.

No.

What happened was Lerner said something stupid, Issa jumped on it and made the charge immediately.

President Obama, giving deference to the conservative nutjobs, a patently stupid move, fired a bunch of people and buttressed a nonsense case.

Now over a YEAR later and multiple hearings NOTHING has been found to prove ANY wrong doing.

The IRS used filters to examine whether these groups were legitimately using their tax exempt (and secret donor) status for social work.

What they should have done was gone by FEDERAL LAW and told them to all go pound sand.

the e-mails that have been obtained prove you wrong. Lerner is taking the 5th because she and her bosses have broken federal law. an innocent person does not need the 5th.

if you are innocent you cannot incriminate yourself by testifying. What taking the 5th really says is " I am guilty, but you have to prove it, I refuse to confess"

So...Joe! Still looking for President Obama's proposed 3 trillion dollar stimulus?

You're so fucking ignorant about THAT...just as you are about most things on this board...that you're in the running for dumbest poster on the US message board...an "honor" that's gone to Deanie almost by default!

Nonsense.

No.

The above post borders on farce! Lois Lerner didn't simply say something stupid...she deliberately had a reporter ask a question so that she could do damage control on what she KNEW was going to be a blistering report by the Inspector General. Lerner knew the shit was about to hit the fan because she knew she had unfairly targeted conservative groups leading up to the 2012 elections and now the story was going to come out.

As for what Obama "did"? Well if you think he fired anyone you're dead wrong! One person resigned and two others retired. Obama didn't "fire" anyone. He was too busy stonewalling the investigation.

This is a continuation of the Chicago Political Machine, built by Richard Daley in the fifties.

Forum List

Back